What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (19 Viewers)

I'm going to get my 11 year old son a gift, thinking about Forza 6. Any thoughts, comments on that game for a kid who's not played it before? He's never played any racing game on the xbox or even mentioned wanting one, so it would be somewhat of a risk. He loved playing the Mario Kart games on the Wii, which I know are completely different. I'd like something we could play together.  Also, are the download deals at CDKeys reliable?  Forza 6 is $34, which seems like a good deal.

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/forza-motorsport-6-xbox-one?mw_aref=slickdeals&data1=a9aa091c33c011e6bfed024bd1b5dd530INT

I'm going to get my 11 year old son a gift, thinking about Forza 6. Any thoughts, comments on that game for a kid who's not played it before? He's never played any racing game on the xbox or even mentioned wanting one, so it would be somewhat of a risk. He loved playing the Mario Kart games on the Wii, which I know are completely different. I'd like something we could play together.  Also, are the download deals at CDKeys reliable?  Forza 6 is $34, which seems like a good deal.

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/forza-motorsport-6-xbox-one?mw_aref=slickdeals&data1=a9aa091c33c011e6bfed024bd1b5dd530INT
I would suggest Forza Horizon 2, if you want to give it a look. Regular Forza is track tacing only. FH2 allows you to race on roads and off road. With hidden items to collect, car unlocks, etc. I think it may hold his attention longer.

CDKeys is very reliable and I've never had an issue with them. Best place to get a great deal on games on the internet, IMO.

So I picked up Rainbow Six Siege recently. Was really looking forward to it since Rainbow Vegas is one of my all time favorites.

The Situations they start you off with a fun and varried. Overall a great way to let you practice with all the gadgets.

However the multiplayer is really dull. Just 5 guys defending a person or bomb in a room, with 5 guys attacking from all sides. Just felt like forced encounters. For a game that's been out for 6 months...where are the new modes? Just two that I saw...

And finally Terrorist Hunt....I loved this mode in Vegas. I could hunt terrorist for hours without getting bored. And it was always a fair challenge. You had to earn the wins but it wasn't impossible. But in Siege all the fun is gone. Suicide bombers with extra armor? How is that fair or fun? Most Operators don't have a means to deal with these guys. No grenades, or stun, so all you can do is fall back while firing and hoping he dies before he gets too close. And if you are indoors your running room is severely limited.

Very disappointed. But glad I only paid $20 used and will easily be able to get that back when I resell it.

The decisions don't really matter, though.  Let guy A live, let guy A die. Regardless of the choice, Guy A goes running off and you got to the same place you would regardless. 

Anyway to each their own.  I've just never been able to replay stuff - got too many things I want to play and little time to do it already. 
in the case of Witcher 3, this is not correct. 

The decisions don't really matter, though.  Let guy A live, let guy A die. Regardless of the choice, Guy A goes running off and you got to the same place you would regardless. 

Anyway to each their own.  I've just never been able to replay stuff - got too many things I want to play and little time to do it already. 
For me, a game like Skyrim or Fallout or similar is less "game", and more "this is first person DnD". I play with a lot of self-imposed rules for different characters.  

Jobber said:
So Microsoft announced an Xbox One Slim coming out in August. UHD Blu ray and a slight upgrade to play movies in 4K. $300.

On top of that, in Q4 2017, the Xbox Scorpio comes out and it looks like a beast - several times more power than the xbox/ps4. At the same time, they said they are killing console generations, in that they will release newer upgraded consoles more frequently. Allowing consumers and devs to take advantage of better hardware, while still supporting all games already owned. 

So your game purchased in 2014 will run on a newer console purchased in 2022. And new games will also run on older models. To an extent. Like how Apple does it. At some point your really old ### console just won't be able to run the latest game.
So a PC 

I need an intervention, I am hooked On the Show 16.  I'm on season 24 of my Giants Dynasty.  :shock:  

I have yet to play RTTS since I got it, the Dynasty formats and such are so damn good and engrossing. 

New witcher blood and wine is pretty good but not as good as hearts of stone imo.  Still a must get if you like anything witcher 3
I've not wanted to touch the DLC for this.  I loved the game but the ending (I got a good one) made if feel so complete that I haven't wanted to go back to it.

I've not wanted to touch the DLC for this.  I loved the game but the ending (I got a good one) made if feel so complete that I haven't wanted to go back to it.
You are missing out.  Tons of cool stuff in both dlcs.  Best dlcs I have ever seen.  Especially hearts of stone.  If you like gwent its extra cool

Just caught up on this thread. 

1) EA sucks. They have ads in the games you pay full price for. They butcher up their games to make as many micro transactions, DLC, etc as they can. They buy monopolies on sports leagues then do almost nothing year after year to improve. Or they buy companies that have a brand and hack up the game. As a gamer they put you in a tough spot. Do I like the Respawn guys? Kinda. Does Titanfall 2 look good? Yeah. So I want to buy THEIR game but that puts me in spot where I'm supporting EA. Same with Mass Effect. 

2) The NEO and Scorpio are walking a dangerous line. They're trying to follow markets/trends that are be being set by PC, which doesn't have a singular manufacturer, and Apple which has a massively larger consumer base. To do this when the PS4 and XB1 are selling extremely well, is crazy. I won't even get into the gamers side of this. 

3) I haven't seen much discussion about this Horizon game. But the trailer looks pretty awesome. Witcher meets Mass Effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Love 'em or hate 'em as long as EA has solid properties like Mass Effect we're all going to keep supporting them.

Love 'em or hate 'em as long as EA has solid properties like Mass Effect we're all going to keep supporting them.
Yep. Sucks. I read that they are pretty good to their employees so I guess that's better than some companies.

Someone posted a trailer for Horizon a couple months ago, I think. It looks very cool but I'm bummed that it is a PS4 exclusive.
Get a PS4. I heard they have a new fancy one coming out. :D  

Been a good weekend for game buying (well besides paying out the rear for mass effect DLC).  Grabbed Shadows of Mordor GOTY for $12, The Order 1866 for $8 (I know many of you will still say I wasted $8 but wanted to check it out), and Last of Us Remaster for $19.  Some good sales going on the playstation store this week.

Really interested to see what I will think about Last of Us, with all the hype about it I'm expecting a lot.

Then we have STEAM SUMMER SALE starting at the end of this week, that should be fun times.  Have a list of stuff on there I've been looking for price drops on.  Don't think i'll get Fallout 4 or Witcher 3 at my cheap ### prices quite yet though.

So having just gotten my very first Xbox barely two weeks ago I'm pretty bitter that it looks like all the coolest exclusive releases are coming to the PS4. :rant:

So having just gotten my very first Xbox barely two weeks ago I'm pretty bitter that it looks like all the coolest exclusive releases are coming to the PS4. :rant:
Like?

ETA - I went and looked and you're right. While I don't know if any of those games are actually going to be any good, the PS4 exclusives look better. Most noticeably the Shadow of the Colossus sequel (?), No Mans Sky and the God of War game.

We shall see. Im reaching a point in my gaming life that I think 99% of games suck and I recognize their imperfections immediately. The technology improves so rapidly and the costs to produce and develop games is so expensive that games must be rushed before its outdated and/or your budget runs out.

I think Im going to migrate back to PC gaming. The games are so vastly different and deep.  

I could play Skyrim several times because I play very differently as a sneak/thief than I do as a pure mage or as a tank - different styles and even quest lines. I don't find that same variation imo with Witcher.

The game I'm REALLY looking forward to is WarchDogs 2. WD was the first game outside of the Elder Scrolls and Fallout series that I got completely into despite playing a specific character.

Which one is that? Im not a fan of the multi level maps.
It's one of those from the Rocket Labs just with new skin and swear the outside parts are floaty compared to the sunken middle area.  

Worst part is they stuck it right into the competitive arenas so you are forced to play it sometimes if play ranked.  

It's one of those from the Rocket Labs just with new skin and swear the outside parts are floaty compared to the sunken middle area.  

Worst part is they stuck it right into the competitive arenas so you are forced to play it sometimes if play ranked.  
Yea not a fan of those. Im not the best even on the regular maps but those multi level ones I can never time the hits right.

Bucky86 said:
Those that still play R6 Siege, they just had anothe update. Kapkan is now useful. The traps are all now put in the middle, and there are no visible bolts on the outside of the Windows. Stay frosty 
Have they added maps since the frozen yacht?

I'm also looking forward to watch dogs 2. Really enjoyed the last of us, GTAV and watch dogs but haven't been able to find a game I've liked since. 

Anyone playing OVERWATCH on xbox? I'm loving it. Hit me up if you want: BIG GULPS COOL
Not on XBox, but it is a great game. Borden listed some negatives to it a couple of pages back, but for the most part none of that really matters to me because the multiplayer gameplay is so fun.

Not on XBox, but it is a great game. Borden listed some negatives to it a couple of pages back, but for the most part none of that really matters to me because the multiplayer gameplay is so fun.
I disagree pretty strongly with his comments. Some of the things he lists as negatives (no progression, etc.) I couldn't care less about. I'm so tired of games like COD where it's all about leveling up and customizing your classes and unlocking items. I don't want any of that. I want great gameplay, and Overwatch has it. 

I disagree pretty strongly with his comments. Some of the things he lists as negatives (no progression, etc.) I couldn't care less about. I'm so tired of games like COD where it's all about leveling up and customizing your classes and unlocking items. I don't want any of that. I want great gameplay, and Overwatch has it. 
Why didn't you say anything? Your opinion is just as, if not more, valuable than mine. I'm a fairly easy guy to get along with and pretty open to changing my opinion. Plus, it's always good to have both sides of the story. 

To your point, I haven't played in 3 weeks because I've been out of town and it's nice to know that I can jump back in (hopefully when I get home later today) without being way behind everyone else. Has there been any updates or anything in the last little bit?

Bucky86 said:
Those that still play R6 Siege, they just had anothe update. Kapkan is now useful. The traps are all now put in the middle, and there are no visible bolts on the outside of the Windows. Stay frosty 
Anything else updated?

Is anyone else's reply feature ####### broken now as it wants to use past quotes from old posts in every reply without allowing to delete them from the new one?? Solid upgrade last time!!!

Just started playing The Division with a group of friends. We're not very far in, but I'm enjoying it so far. Seems like a lot of complaints online about it, but a lot of those seem to center around the Dark Zone or guys who beat the game right away and complain about how new missions or challenges or whatever are rolled out.

We haven't even made it in far enough to start diversifying much, but I like that we can customize our skills and really work as a team. There aren't a lot of co-op games out there like that. Not really a lot of too 4 player co-op games period.

Anything else updated?

Is anyone else's reply feature ####### broken now as it wants to use past quotes from old posts in every reply without allowing to delete them from the new one?? Solid upgrade last time!!!
Yes this board has been broken for a bit.

Just started playing The Division with a group of friends. We're not very far in, but I'm enjoying it so far. Seems like a lot of complaints online about it, but a lot of those seem to center around the Dark Zone or guys who beat the game right away and complain about how new missions or challenges or whatever are rolled out.

We haven't even made it in far enough to start diversifying much, but I like that we can customize our skills and really work as a team. There aren't a lot of co-op games out there like that. Not really a lot of too 4 player co-op games period.
I just started playing as well.  I dont have much experience playing online with a group as I mostly just play solo, but this sounds fun.  I'll need to remember my PSN name... or you could PM yours if you get to it first.

Like?

ETA - I went and looked and you're right. While I don't know if any of those games are actually going to be any good, the PS4 exclusives look better. Most noticeably the Shadow of the Colossus sequel (?), No Mans Sky and the God of War game.

We shall see. Im reaching a point in my gaming life that I think 99% of games suck and I recognize their imperfections immediately. The technology improves so rapidly and the costs to produce and develop games is so expensive that games must be rushed before its outdated and/or your budget runs out.

I think Im going to migrate back to PC gaming. The games are so vastly different and deep.  
Detroit: Become Human seems interesting and looks like it could provide unique gameplay.

Horizon: Zero Dawn looks like a very cool open world game with a modified Skyrim vibe and has potential for a good storyline.  Personally I thought the Skyrim story line was above average at best but still put in hundreds of hours.

And I don't know what the hell Death Stranded yet is but I want it.

God of War and the new Spider Man game also received a lot of buzz but I am not sure that will translate into anything special.

It may be hard to believe, but that's actually a feature.  The idea is if you accidentally leave the page, your quote/reply is still there when you return. 

On mobile, if you click in the white space to the right of where it says "Ignoramus said:" it will select the whole quoted box.  Hit delete/backspace on your keyboard and it will go away. 

New witcher blood and wine is pretty good but not as good as hearts of stone imo.  Still a must get if you like anything witcher 3
Agreed. Felt Hearts of Stone had a better story and a better antagonist, but Blood & Wine is totally worth it too. Lots of room to roam, great vistas and some seriously fun fights with body counts that eclipse anything in the original game and previous DLC. 

Users who are viewing this thread