What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (12 Viewers)

Free Skyrim spinoff coming.  Trailer here.
Bought Skyrim super cheap on the PC just to do this one.

----

Also, to the gent to mentioned Dungeonmans:  Did you realize you mentioned this during the Steam sale?  That I have a wife and kids?  A job to hold?  An outside world to see?  If this is your opening salvo to world domination, well, it's working.

Lego game of thrones could be a thing, right?  I'd love that.
Depends on what content restraints they put on the writers. If it needs to be kid friendly, then probably not as good as could be. If it can be rated T at least, that might be interesting.

Is there a simple way to share clips of gameplay on PS4? I had an epic round on R6-Siege.
link to it?

Been playing and getting matched up with silvers and golds lately and getting absolutely worked. Think this is happening cause I'm high bronze.

Bought Skyrim super cheap on the PC just to do this one.

----

Also, to the gent to mentioned Dungeonmans:  Did you realize you mentioned this during the Steam sale?  That I have a wife and kids?  A job to hold?  An outside world to see?  If this is your opening salvo to world domination, well, it's working.
Will you need a hefty rig to run this reasonably, or will a good 2 year old Lenovo laptop suffice?

Holy crap Rocket League is becoming just one game after another with trolls, arrogant, and/or miserable people.  I thought it was bad during season 2 but it seems a ton have started to play in season 3 to make it unbearable to play with randoms.  

anyone ever play total war Attila the hun?  I have played older Total war stuff and have enjoyed it.  only 11 bucks on steam right now

Holy crap Rocket League is becoming just one game after another with trolls, arrogant, and/or miserable people.  I thought it was bad during season 2 but it seems a ton have started to play in season 3 to make it unbearable to play with randoms.  
This is why I avoid online gaming like the plague. I honestly have trouble understanding how anyone enjoys it? I'm guessing playing with groups of known friends. Because the average online random is just a horrible human being. I think the last game I tried online was Bioshock.

This is why I avoid online gaming like the plague. I honestly have trouble understanding how anyone enjoys it? I'm guessing playing with groups of known friends. Because the average online random is just a horrible human being. I think the last game I tried online was Bioshock.
I play with the volume off and listen to podcasts. Basically the same way I would play a sports game. Unless you are playing with friends or something like R6, there's really no need to listen. If you just pay attention you'll know where your team needs you. 

Playing games vs people is generally more entertaining and gives games better replay value than just playing computers. So you just develop a thick skin. Also, a lot of games give the ability to blacklist people or just turn off/mute chat.

I've gotten to the point where I nearly always automatically mute everyone but myself and my party-mates.    Nothing worse than having the lowest scoring guy yell at you for missing a shot when you're leading the team with a friggin' hat-trick and he's not doing anything but whining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remastered Bioshock collection with all three games and all DLCs coming out on PS4 in September. :pickle:

Will be awesome even with the inclusion of Infinite.

Remastered Bioshock collection with all three games and all DLCs coming out on PS4 in September. :pickle:

Infinite's awesome.  A great story that barely comes second to the original.  It's Bioshock 2 that's the weak one, but it's worth playing for more lore from Rapture.

I played Infinite but not the others. How good are the first two? Also, I'm assuming that the last one has nothing to do with the first two, as far as story?

I played Infinite but not the others. How good are the first two? Also, I'm assuming that the last one has nothing to do with the first two, as far as story?
IMO The first one is one of the best games ever. Top 5 for me.

#2 was more of the same but not quite as engaging.

Played Infinite twice and had almost no fun either time. Will probably give it another go b with the rerelease since the Burial at Sea DLC was supposed to be good.

Borden said:
Run don't walk and pick up a copy of 1 asap. I am sure there are some that didn't like it, but it is widely regarded as one of the best games of all time, you'll see it on tons of top lists. Bioshock 2 really felt like just a huge DLC to be honest, but its a lot of fun to play and revisit the world of Rapture.

Run don't walk and pick up a copy of 1 asap. I am sure there are some that didn't like it, but it is widely regarded as one of the best games of all time, you'll see it on tons of top lists. Bioshock 2 really felt like just a huge DLC to be honest, but its a lot of fun to play and revisit the world of Rapture.
:goodposting:

What he said. Bioshock is an excellent game that did nice job of blending RPG and a FPS, with a great story and atmosphere as well. Top tier game. 

PlasmaDogPlasma said:
Playing games vs people is generally more entertaining and gives games better replay value than just playing computers. So you just develop a thick skin. Also, a lot of games give the ability to blacklist people or just turn off/mute chat.
It is why I will only play online with people I know.

GTA V is amazing. I am in a really tight knit crew and we are having a hoot of a time.

Battlefield is also like that with deidcated servers and squads with people you know.

Sports games online are a joke. Unless it is a league with people I know (playing sim style)...forget it. I have no time playing randoms. 

Borden said:
Another vote for the original. One of the great single player FPS of all time. A classic. 2 and 3.....meh. But the first one? FPS gold standard along with Wolfenstein The New Order.

It is why I will only play online with people I know.

GTA V is amazing. I am in a really tight knit crew and we are having a hoot of a time.

Battlefield is also like that with deidcated servers and squads with people you know.

Sports games online are a joke. Unless it is a league with people I know (playing sim style)...forget it. I have no time playing randoms. 
The bolded cracked me up... I've been sitting here giggling for two minutes now.

Borden said:
If you play Burial at Sea, it ties the first game with the second.  But play the original first.  As others have stated, it's one of the best games and I love the story.  Infinite was a game that I didn't really care too much for during the first playthrough, but I've played it 2 other times since and it has been better each time.  It's a game that once you know the story, you start catching so many things that you missed the first time.

Rocket League is pretty different though amongst online games, even online sports games cause it really does take teamwork and as far as online games, is by far the most legitimately competitive game I've played. It's a really similar experience to real sports as far as teammork goes, and I understand why tempers flare so quickly in that community.

I've been playing a ton of The Division. They fixed the worst bugs, banned most of the hackers, and the new dlc is really fun. PvP is still kind of a disaster but I can deal with that.

Rocket League is pretty different though amongst online games, even online sports games cause it really does take teamwork and as far as online games, is by far the most legitimately competitive game I've played. It's a really similar experience to real sports as far as teammork goes, and I understand why tempers flare so quickly in that community.
The game that prompted me to post was one in which we were up 2-0, I had both goals, one off a good pass by the commenter but other was a pretty good play by me.  Also he had missed badly twice off pretty decent centerings of mine.  I miss off a good centering pass from him and all of a sudden it's 'teammate worthless.'  Guy on other team says 'Mine?'  And he says 'Mine'.  

More and more guys are saying crap if you just make one mistake even if not causing you to lose.  

The game that prompted me to post was one in which we were up 2-0, I had both goals, one off a good pass by the commenter but other was a pretty good play by me.  Also he had missed badly twice off pretty decent centerings of mine.  I miss off a good centering pass from him and all of a sudden it's 'teammate worthless.'  Guy on other team says 'Mine?'  And he says 'Mine'.  

More and more guys are saying crap if you just make one mistake even if not causing you to lose.  
Had a game last night where my two teammates literally had 0 points for the entire game - no clears, no centers, nothing.  They were on PS, so I couldn't complain to them, but I was cussing under my breath at them the whole game.  I was happy to only lose that one by 1.   I feel like matchmaking is really off since the last update.

Andy Dufresne said:

Played Infinite twice and had almost no fun either time. Will probably give it another go b with the rerelease since the Burial at Sea DLC was supposed to be good.
First one got boring for me, never finished it. I own the second one but never cranked it up.

Well I finished my Mass Effect 3 play through and unintentionally found a new ending...

I wanted to destroy the reapers this time thorough, but I just couldn't do it, I like the Geth, probably more than the ####### quarians.  So ok, I'll play galactic kumbaya again, but I hate that smug brat AI, so before I do I'm going to shoot it, when is that not a good plan???  It did not approve, goodbye my cycle.  Lesson learned, don't shoot the bratty AI.

Well I finished my Mass Effect 3 play through and unintentionally found a new ending...

I wanted to destroy the reapers this time thorough, but I just couldn't do it, I like the Geth, probably more than the ####### quarians.  So ok, I'll play galactic kumbaya again, but I hate that smug brat AI, so before I do I'm going to shoot it, when is that not a good plan???  It did not approve, goodbye my cycle.  Lesson learned, don't shoot the bratty AI.
A 30 min lesson but well worth it. 

This ending was added after the fury of the originals flared up. Angry Joe's 10 things wrong with ME3 ending video listed not being able to renegade interupt and shoot the kid as one of the annoying missteps they made. So along with fixing other plot holes, they threw in the refuse ending.  I thought it was a nice touch.

Andy Dufresne said:

I never played the second.  I enjoyed the first, but actually loved Infinite. 

PSN is having a summer sale. Street Fighter V, Doom, A Taletale Collection seem to be the big names. 

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell will be one of this months games and Saints Row 4: Reelected (comes with all the DLC) is $5 during this Summer - Week 1 sale. These games aren't "good" games but they can be entertaining. 

Anyone play ARMA III - thinking of picked it up on the Steam sale for something new to hold me over till BF1. Also picking up Shadows of Mordor, heard good things about that game, but single player games often sit for a while (or I lose interest) so I tend to wait till they are really cheap.

Anyone play ARMA III - thinking of picked it up on the Steam sale for something new to hold me over till BF1. Also picking up Shadows of Mordor, heard good things about that game, but single player games often sit for a while (or I lose interest) so I tend to wait till they are really cheap.
I couldn't get into Shadows of Mordor. I got swarmed by a pack then a "sniper" started picking me off with arrows. Trying to climb up to get the sniper was too clunky and annoying so I turned it off. This was in the first 15 minutes of the game. There's some interesting ideas in the game, like the Nemesis system, but I get too frustrated which games that I find difficult to move around in. 

I couldn't get into Shadows of Mordor. I got swarmed by a pack then a "sniper" started picking me off with arrows. Trying to climb up to get the sniper was too clunky and annoying so I turned it off. This was in the first 15 minutes of the game. There's some interesting ideas in the game, like the Nemesis system, but I get too frustrated which games that I find difficult to move around in. 
Have your played the Batman series? Mordor has the same type of combat system. Your hits have to be timed and not mashed.
You can dodge and jump over people to get to a less congested area of the fight.

Steam sale purchases, with the exception of Prison Architect ($7), all under $4

Stronghold HD

Stronghold Crusader HD

Rise of Nations

Prison Architect

Hearts of Iron II

Borden said:
PSN is having a summer sale. Street Fighter V, Doom, A Taletale Collection seem to be the big names. 

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell will be one of this months games and Saints Row 4: Reelected (comes with all the DLC) is $5 during this Summer - Week 1 sale. These games aren't "good" games but they can be entertaining. 
Anyone play The Fall? I seem to remember it getting some love. Only $3 on sale. 

Hoping SOMA goes on sale some day. 

Users who are viewing this thread