What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (11 Viewers)

I'm about to jump right into AC: Brotherhood without playing the first two (waiting for AC:II to come in from goozex). I have played some of the first one but nothing too serious, just to mess around with it on my friends system. Now, I'm not worried about the gameplay because I'll be able to pick that up rather quickly but is there anything I need to know about the story, or can someone direct me to some reading up on the story?
All three stories are connected in a way. I would definitely start with AC II and follow it up with Brotherhood because they are both about the same playable character when AC I is centered around a different assassin. The stories from II to Brotherhood are more like two halves of the same puzzle. So, you will be lost because it expects you to be familiar with both main characters in the game.

I'm about to jump right into AC: Brotherhood without playing the first two (waiting for AC:II to come in from goozex). I have played some of the first one but nothing too serious, just to mess around with it on my friends system. Now, I'm not worried about the gameplay because I'll be able to pick that up rather quickly but is there anything I need to know about the story, or can someone direct me to some reading up on the story?
As a new player, don't expect much depth to the story in Brotherhood. Ezio has been firmly established as a character from AC2 and Ubisoft decided not to cater to a new crowd and muddy the game by holding hands and introducing him to new players. Since you skipped both games, I'm sure a lot of the story will be foreign to you. The gameplay will still keep you interested and you should still enjoy the game, and if nothing else, bring you back to play AC2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worm said:
Steve Tasker said:
As an aside, and I never thought I'd ask this, but is Black Ops worth a purchase?About my gaming: I generally hate twitch shooters. I've never been good at Halo, and I've never really been a fan. I played COD: World at War for about a month before giving up on it. I played COD: MW2 for roughly the same amount of time.Is Black Ops just more of the same? Cause if it is, I can't see myself really enjoying it. But a lot of people seem to like it, including some of my cousins and some of my good FBG friends.I need some quality, unbiased FBG opinions...
Don't listen to them, get it!!!111Seriously though, it's the same game online. As much as I'd like to play with you, if you didn't like the multiplayer in the others, you won't like this.Although, you could almost buy blops for just single player, zombies, and wager matches and get your money's worth.
I agree for the most part although I'll say that BlOps is somewhere in between BFBC2 and MW2. I enjoy all three games for what they are but I think BlOps is the best overall of the three.BFBC2 is really good though. Only problem is that not many FBGs have it or play it much anymore. That and Dice still hasn't released new maps for it on the consoles.

Steve Tasker said:
As an aside, and I never thought I'd ask this, but is Black Ops worth a purchase?About my gaming: I generally hate twitch shooters. I've never been good at Halo, and I've never really been a fan. I played COD: World at War for about a month before giving up on it. I played COD: MW2 for roughly the same amount of time.Is Black Ops just more of the same? Cause if it is, I can't see myself really enjoying it. But a lot of people seem to like it, including some of my cousins and some of my good FBG friends.I need some quality, unbiased FBG opinions...
Dude, don't do it. You sound just like me. Save your money.I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't get Black Ops. I'm sure the SP is great, but you'll hate the MP. I really tried to like MW2. Every single time I played the MP, I didn't have fun, even with our FBG buddies. I just HATE twitch shooters. There are a bunch of other reasons I didn't like the MP in MW2, but the biggest is the twitch part. Even when I got on rolls and did well, it just wasn't fun for me.
Okay, I see this from you guys all the time and don't get it. How is Gears not a twitch shooter? Sure, it's somewhat different but when it comes down to it, it's still basically the same thing. :lmao:

Worm said:
Steve Tasker said:
Don't listen to them, get it!!!111Seriously though, it's the same game online. As much as I'd like to play with you, if you didn't like the multiplayer in the others, you won't like this.Although, you could almost buy blops for just single player, zombies, and wager matches and get your money's worth.
I agree for the most part although I'll say that BlOps is somewhere in between BFBC2 and MW2. I enjoy all three games for what they are but I think BlOps is the best overall of the three.BFBC2 is really good though. Only problem is that not many FBGs have it or play it much anymore. That and Dice still hasn't released new maps for it on the consoles.
If you had it on PC< you would still be able to find FBG's playing it. :tfp:

If you had it on PC< you would still be able to find FBG's playing it. :goodposting:
I've never played a game on a PC before. And our current PC is probably almost 5 years old and has only a generic vid processor and less than 1 GB of RAM.The laptop is newer and likely has plenty of power but the same vid card issue I believe.

I was wondering when Steam was gonna pop the crazy Xmas sales. My wallet is going to get a whole lot lighter very quickly methinks.

The only new system I have is a Wii. I have been playing FIFA11 nonstop. I wonder If I can play people online with a WII? Good times regardless. :shrug:

There are some tasty offers - The Deus Ex Collection for almost nothing if you want to get ready for Revolution. Portal for $2 and change if nice, as well.

I was wondering when Steam was gonna pop the crazy Xmas sales. My wallet is going to get a whole lot lighter very quickly methinks.
Haven't seen anything too crazy yet, though BF:BC2 for under $7 is pretty awesome.
Super Meat Boy for $3.75 is very awesome. Not sure if I wanna pick it up for Steam when I already have it for XBLA, though.
Never played it before - what is it akin to?

Haven't seen anything too crazy yet, though BF:BC2 for under $7 is pretty awesome.
Super Meat Boy for $3.75 is very awesome. Not sure if I wanna pick it up for Steam when I already have it for XBLA, though.
Never played it before - what is it akin to?
8-bit platformer. It's a very hard old-school platformer. The developers are huge Super Mario Bros fans (notice Super Meat Boy and Super Mario Bros share the same initials... it's on purpose). Game starts off pretty easy and gets more and more challenging as you progress, but keeps you interested and shows you the different methods you failed when you eventually pass.Wikipedia page with more info, review scores, etc. here.

Dude, don't do it. You sound just like me. Save your money.I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't get Black Ops. I'm sure the SP is great, but you'll hate the MP. I really tried to like MW2. Every single time I played the MP, I didn't have fun, even with our FBG buddies. I just HATE twitch shooters. There are a bunch of other reasons I didn't like the MP in MW2, but the biggest is the twitch part. Even when I got on rolls and did well, it just wasn't fun for me.
Okay, I see this from you guys all the time and don't get it. How is Gears not a twitch shooter? Sure, it's somewhat different but when it comes down to it, it's still basically the same thing. :lmao:
I was thinking the same thing, unless they got rid of the shotgun since I last played.

As a new player, don't expect much depth to the story in Brotherhood. Ezio has been firmly established as a character from AC2 and Ubisoft decided not to cater to a new crowd and muddy the game by holding hands and introducing him to new players. Since you skipped both games, I'm sure a lot of the story will be foreign to you. The gameplay will still keep you interested and you should still enjoy the game, and if nothing else, bring you back to play AC2.
Ok.. I have no idea wtf is going on. Safe to say, I need to play some of the earlier ones. Only question is... will I need to play both to understand the story or just one of them?

Ok.. I have no idea wtf is going on. Safe to say, I need to play some of the earlier ones. Only question is... will I need to play both to understand the story or just one of them?
Start the 2nd. Just read up on the first game and you should be fine. The first game wasn't as good as the others, so that'll save you the trouble if you don't like the gameplay.

just got this. installing now and ready to playalso got the Deus Ex combo for a few bucks
The original Deus Ex was amazing. Invisible War was a dog. Worth it for the first alone.

As an aside, and I never thought I'd ask this, but is Black Ops worth a purchase?

About my gaming: I generally hate twitch shooters. I've never been good at Halo, and I've never really been a fan. I played COD: World at War for about a month before giving up on it. I played COD: MW2 for roughly the same amount of time.

Is Black Ops just more of the same? Cause if it is, I can't see myself really enjoying it. But a lot of people seem to like it, including some of my cousins and some of my good FBG friends.

I need some quality, unbiased FBG opinions...
Don't listen to them, get it!!!111Seriously though, it's the same game online. As much as I'd like to play with you, if you didn't like the multiplayer in the others, you won't like this.

Although, you could almost buy blops for just single player, zombies, and wager matches and get your money's worth.
I agree for the most part although I'll say that BlOps is somewhere in between BFBC2 and MW2. I enjoy all three games for what they are but I think BlOps is the best overall of the three.

BFBC2 is really good though. Only problem is that not many FBGs have it or play it much anymore. That and Dice still hasn't released new maps for it on the consoles.
Only if you don't count the first SEVEN map packs...(You do have to have a VIP code for them though. New copies come with VIP code, used copies would need to purchase one for $15/1200 MS points)

Played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 with my son last night.

We loved it. Great fun!

There are some tasty offers - The Deus Ex Collection for almost nothing if you want to get ready for Revolution. Portal for $2 and change if nice, as well.
I think they have some great deals but I'm a soft-core gamer with moderate to low laptop performance so steam is perfect for me.$5Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Colonization$0.49... no typoShattered Union$1.49Sniper Elite$1.69Freedom Force$1.49Evil Genius$1.24Railroad Tycoon II: Platinum$1.49FlatOut I had to shell out big money for Sid Meir in these tough economic times but the rest are better prices than normal. I owned a couple on disk already but at those prices it's worth getting the steam version to run offline and avoid the whirrrrr of the dumb disk drive which boosts game performance and battery life on the laptop is well worth the small price. I'll never buy another coaster to play a game from again. Once you go steam, you never go back.

What is the last good football game for either ps3 or 360?

I have none at the moment and I want to get one...NCAA or Madden..either is fine.

What is the last good football game for either ps3 or 360?I have none at the moment and I want to get one...NCAA or Madden..either is fine.
I thought NCAA Football 11 was way better than Madden.
NCAA 11 is light years ahead of Madden at this point.
Is there much difference between NCAA 10 and 11?10 is a whole lot cheaper, and 9 is dirt cheap.
yes. 10 was pretty much a roster update for 09. 11 plays completely different. This is up there with 2k5 (the holy grail) for me.

What is the last good football game for either ps3 or 360?I have none at the moment and I want to get one...NCAA or Madden..either is fine.
I thought NCAA Football 11 was way better than Madden.
NCAA 11 is light years ahead of Madden at this point.
Is there much difference between NCAA 10 and 11?10 is a whole lot cheaper, and 9 is dirt cheap.
yes. 10 was pretty much a roster update for 09. 11 plays completely different. This is up there with 2k5 (the holy grail) for me.
I agree. Owned every NCAA and I love 11. I will say I find the Speed Burst helper on to be "easier" than with it off. It basically works like Madden this way.

NCAA 2011 hands down on of the best ever football games on any console. I agree with Jamil. Right there with 2K5 and Madden 2005.

Madden 2011 with the right sliders and doing the work to make custom game plans for the AI is very good too IMO.

But I would go with NCAA 2011. The replay value is endless.

As an aside, and I never thought I'd ask this, but is Black Ops worth a purchase?

About my gaming: I generally hate twitch shooters. I've never been good at Halo, and I've never really been a fan. I played COD: World at War for about a month before giving up on it. I played COD: MW2 for roughly the same amount of time.

Is Black Ops just more of the same? Cause if it is, I can't see myself really enjoying it. But a lot of people seem to like it, including some of my cousins and some of my good FBG friends.

I need some quality, unbiased FBG opinions...
Don't listen to them, get it!!!111Seriously though, it's the same game online. As much as I'd like to play with you, if you didn't like the multiplayer in the others, you won't like this.

Although, you could almost buy blops for just single player, zombies, and wager matches and get your money's worth.
I agree for the most part although I'll say that BlOps is somewhere in between BFBC2 and MW2. I enjoy all three games for what they are but I think BlOps is the best overall of the three.

BFBC2 is really good though. Only problem is that not many FBGs have it or play it much anymore. That and Dice still hasn't released new maps for it on the consoles.
Only if you don't count the first SEVEN map packs...(You do have to have a VIP code for them though. New copies come with VIP code, used copies would need to purchase one for $15/1200 MS points)
Those came out when the game came out. They don't count.

Just Cause 2 on sale today on Steam for $7.50. :thumbup:
Just Cause 2 is fun for a little while but it has zero story and relies upon how long just blowing up crap for the sake of it entertains you. I would give it 2/5.
Interesting. I can blow crap up in BC2. The other day playing the Heavy Metal map, I was engineer and a tank was backing up to get me. It was already down a fair amount in health. I hit its back tread with an RPG and the whole tank flipped backward and exploded mid-air. It was :popcorn:

Anyone use gamefly? How is it?
I've never used it personally, but this has come up before in here, and pretty much everyone said that it was terrible.
Heard similar things hear. Most people complain about not receiving the games they want because they are forced to have a much larger que then they need. Although, I have heard people having success with buying their used games when they put them on big discounts every few months.

I've been using Gamefly for about three months now. I like it. I'm on the "two out at once" plan and have had good turnaround times on games. I've rented mostly Wii games and pretty much keep them one day before dropping them back in the mail. Most of the time Gamefly will ship out the next game before they receive the old one(s) back - the same thing Netflix does.

I received a $5.00 coupon for being with them 3 months and just applied it toward the purchase of a used PS3 game (Demon's Souls). After the coupon the grand total is $10 which is pretty good I think.

As far as the queue goes, I have probably 10 or so games in it at all times. Some of the newer/more popular games I'm still waiting on (Goldeneye, Donkey Kong Country Returns, COD Black Ops).

Overall, I'm happy with it. But will likely cancel at the end of the month because there are no more non-shovelware Wii games left in existence. And I've got a bunch of new PS3 games (I own) to play through which will tide me over much of 2011 (Demon's Souls, Killzone 2, Madden 10, Uncharted, Fallout 3).

EA Sports Active 2 is no joke. They have some serious workouts to burn calories, improve flexibility and strength.

It'd be good for some of you chubby couch-riding gamers.

Users who are viewing this thread