What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (5 Viewers)

Update for the other Vive owners:

The Lab by Valve is must get. It's free and has several great mini-games and interactive environments that really show off the capabilities of VR tech.

Whirigig is an excellent and cheap video player. Basically it's like watching videos/movies on a full sized IMAX screen. You can even do 3D movie files. 

If you are Star Wars fan download the free Trials on Tatooine demo from ILM. It's a short interactive scene/mini game where get to see the Millennium Falcon, R2, and swing a light saber around. 

Google Tilt brush is another must get, which I also think is free. Cool 3d/VR paint program. 

The Ringer's video game podcast isn't bad. They did an interview with the former head of LucasArts this week which was a fun walk down memory lane. My love of video games really started with Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe, X-Wing, etc. Probably one of the top 3 video game companies of the 90's. 
I seriously must have poured 200 hundred hours into X-Wing and Tie Fighter vs X-Wing on the PC. My Thrustmaster and my bong.......and pure Star Wars fun....it was glorious. I would kill for those games to come to the PS4 console with todays technology.

I seriously must have poured 200 hundred hours into X-Wing and Tie Fighter vs X-Wing on the PC. My Thrustmaster and my bong.......and pure Star Wars fun....it was glorious. I would kill for those games to come to the PS4 console with todays technology.
Tie Fighter was my game. It had Admiral Thrawn!!!  That and Dark Forces. I just streamed that a couple months back. I still knew all the secrets.

Yup. I'm remember being on CompuServe back in the day (man I'm getting old) and they had "leagues" where you would submit your saved game files for XWing and get ranked by number of deaths, star destroyers killed, etc. got really competitive about that for a little while as a kid. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the game has its own thread so I won't do this anymore in here, but for the most part I have my impressions of FO4 that I doubt will change.

I'm at level 14ish right now.  Haven't even gone to Diamond City yet.  Just working on settlements and Minutemen missions and walking around exploring.  Graphics are awesome, combat is pure Fallout.  Knowing the fallout universe I'm sure the main story line will be satisfying yet not quite what I expected, just like all the others.

Settlement building is fun but I totally get how people could tire of it, or become addicted to it and ignore the rest of the game.  I don't think I will tire of it but I totally get that "problem."  If anything I wish it was a little easier - like I could just plop down a full house (for a ton of material and caps or whatever) instead of having to build almost everything.  I'm not a huge fan of making my clothes/armor in general but that's fine.  Weapon mods are awesome.

Ultimately this is the game engine that I wanted after FO3 - the ability to rebuild the capital.  That would have been satisfying as hell.  Probably moreso than the combat itself.  I see myself having a lot of fun with this game.

I know the game has its own thread so I won't do this anymore in here, but for the most part I have my impressions of FO4 that I doubt will change.

I'm at level 14ish right now.  Haven't even gone to Diamond City yet.  Just working on settlements and Minutemen missions and walking around exploring.  Graphics are awesome, combat is pure Fallout.  Knowing the fallout universe I'm sure the main story line will be satisfying yet not quite what I expected, just like all the others.

Settlement building is fun but I totally get how people could tire of it, or become addicted to it and ignore the rest of the game.  I don't think I will tire of it but I totally get that "problem."  If anything I wish it was a little easier - like I could just plop down a full house (for a ton of material and caps or whatever) instead of having to build almost everything.  I'm not a huge fan of making my clothes/armor in general but that's fine.  Weapon mods are awesome.

Ultimately this is the game engine that I wanted after FO3 - the ability to rebuild the capital.  That would have been satisfying as hell.  Probably moreso than the combat itself.  I see myself having a lot of fun with this game.
There are prefab houses.  Small and large wood and also small and large metal.  Plop down the large wood house and spam 10 or so sleeping bags in it and be done (with house building).

I'm playing AC:Syndicate and love it.  One of my favorite in the series so far, good gameplay and an engaging a fun story.  I think the fun part was somehow completely missed on iterations like unity and III.

However, I'm playing this on PS4 and I will say that it crashes more then any other console game I've played.  Probably at least 2-3 times a day I get a crash and need to restart the game.  Luckily this game saves enough and the actual missions are pretty short, so nothing huge is lost usually.  Just seems really bad for a console game.

Been playing Watch Dogs 2 on PC and really digging it.  

I think being from SF really helps with the immersion factor for me.  Hardly having to use the map to know where to go for missions goes to show how well they captured SF.  But beyond that, the driving is good in that they removed annoying #### like indestructible poles and street lights and flying off a motorcycle for every minor bump.  The on foot mission stuff has a bit of a learning curve and has an annoying checkpoint save system but still manages to be entertaining.  

I have an Xbox gift card question my girlfriend is trying to figure out.  We are in the US, but she has a step-brother in Mexico who has an xbox.  She is looking to get him an Xbox gift card so he can buy a game, but she's finding some contradicting information on if you can buy a gift card in the US via dollars, and then have it redeemed in another country in their local currency.  I haven't been able to dig up a good concrete answer either.

Anyone have any experience buying xbox gift cards in the US for gamers in other countries?

It looks like the Winter Steam sale is coming on December 22nd.  This will be my first time participating.  Is there anything special I should look for or is just a ton of things on sale?

It looks like the Winter Steam sale is coming on December 22nd.  This will be my first time participating.  Is there anything special I should look for or is just a ton of things on sale?
Ton of things. Every day new things. Just watch the flash sales.

They can have some amazing flash sales. I usually splurge more on the Winter deals than their Summer ones.

Can I sign up for email notifications for the flash sales or do I just keep hitting refresh? (I am not above just keeping hitting refresh all day for that matter :)  )

======================================

As a side note, if I am a fan of games like Path of Exile and Diablo 3, would I enjoy the Divinity Original Sin games?  I am looking for RPG's that have controller support since it looks like I don't have (or have lost the dexterity in my left hand to move a character via keyboard.

As a side note, if I am a fan of games like Path of Exile and Diablo 3, would I enjoy the Divinity Original Sin games?  I am looking for RPG's that have controller support since it looks like I don't have (or have lost the dexterity in my left hand to move a character via keyboard.
I loved Divinity Original Sin, but it's closer to Xcom (tactical, slow, turn-based combat) than it is Diablo 3, despite being a fantasy setting.

But if you like Turn based, it's fantastic.

Ton of things. Every day new things. Just watch the flash sales.
Flash sales no longer exist.  Same sale every day now.  They took the fun out of the sales a couple of years ago.  edit:  I see this was said.  This is what I get for responding as I go.  

This is not the usual for this thread, but any IOS game recommendations?

I've got an iPad and work travel coming up in the next few months.  So something that doesn't have micro transactions and that I can use without wifi on a plane is preferable. I've been playing the hitman sniper game which is pretty fun for a buck or whatever I paid for it. 

I've got an iPad and work travel coming up in the next few months.  So something that doesn't have micro transactions and that I can use without wifi on a plane is preferable. I've been playing the hitman sniper game which is pretty fun for a buck or whatever I paid for it. 
I would suggest Super Mario Run for 9.99 but I think it requires wifi (for whatever stupid reason)

The Telltale games are decent ways to kill a few hours. 

My son and I both enjoy "The Room" games.  There are 3 of them.  More info here - http://www.fireproofgames.com/

Can't tell if that's better or sucks. I guess better.
They actually did away with flash sales last year.  Got mixed results.  Some people liked that they "didn't miss the best deal" when it was on flash.  Many claimed that prices weren't as good as the flash sale lowest price.  Still a great sale either way.

Can't tell if that's better or sucks. I guess better.
It sucks, they never have good stuff on the 70%-80% off they used to do on the flash sales.  Best you normally get on newish stuff is 50%.  I'm having to wait a lot longer to get games lately because I'm cheap.

Just picked up The Walking Dead Season 3 

Going to play episodes 1 and 2 which are out.

Also snagged Bloodborne for $10 bucks on PSN sale as well as South Park Stick Of Truth for PS3 for $3.50

Games I am tracking for the Steam sale tomorrow.

Dark Souls 3

Darksiders 2

Baulders Gate 2 EE

Pillars of Eternity

I would love to find a survival type game to try.  Any recommendations?  Seven Days To Die looks interesting on Twitch but I saw it got some horrible reviews when first released.

When The Last of Us 2 is released, I'll buy a PS4 and play Bloodborne.  Beaten Demons Souls and the 3 Dark Souls games.  I'm really hoping at some point we get a remastered Dark Souls collection with all 3 games and DLC.  I bought Artorious of the Abyss DLC back in the summer and started up DS1 again.  Honestly, it was kind of hard to play it after how smooth DS3 plays.  

--

Also as far as the IOS games go, I found XCom Enemy Within was on sale today for $3. :excited:

Woah $10? Is it as impossible as the Souls games? I tried the first and gave up fairly quickly.
It takes a little while, but once you "get" souls, it really hooks you.

What I've told people is to try one step at a time. For example, I know people who bailed on the first tutorial area boss - they just couldn't win. I told them to go in planning to die, but try and last as long as possible just by dodging/rolling. Just dodge - don't attack. Let him chase you around and dodge, roll, dodge. Once they last a minute by dodging, ok, now start attacking once after a dodge - just once. Dodge, attack, dodge...  then the light clicks on.

I haven't played the Souls games but Bloodborne was a terribly boring game for me. If there was more check points it would have been a bit better. And also if your character didn't eventually start degrading. 

But the way the game worked for me was, slowly play through a small section. Die lots then learn to play through perfectly and go a bit further. Get killed as you get a little bit further. Then have to start from the beginning again. The game just ended up being tedious and repetitive. 

This isn't mean as slight on anyone who enjoyed the game (I have had 10 hours sessions of playing the Sims) but I thought I would throw in my 2 cents/the other side since Bloodborne is getting a lot of love. 

I don't get this game at all.

So I beat this boss.at least I thought

But then there are still people running around on the board. I have to kill them all?

How do you know when the board is done?

What's the hunter's mark for.

When you die you have to start over?

I don't get this game at all.

So I beat this boss.at least I thought

But then there are still people running around on the board. I have to kill them all?

How do you know when the board is done?

What's the hunter's mark for.

When you die you have to start over?
what game are you referring to?

Bloodborne 

Also what does up on dpad do?  I get 5 something but lose life

Users who are viewing this thread