Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fasteddie_21

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

AC Odyssey comes out tonight for those who pre ordered. Totally forgot it was out Tomorrow so a surprise when my local GameStop called and said we are doing a 9PM release.  

Just watched the second gameplay trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2. Holy ####. So it's like Wild West Witcher 3 mixed with GTA? Never played the previous one and somehow avoided most of the hype until now

I dont know how Im gonna find time to play all the games coming out. I am still trying to finish up Spiderman but then I have Tomb Raider, RDR2, and even the new AC is getting rave reviews. UGH

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Just watched the second gameplay trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2. Holy ####. So it's like Wild West Witcher 3 mixed with GTA? Never played the previous one and somehow avoided most of the hype until now

I don’t know about Witcher, it’s a Rockstar game so yeah it’s basically GTA in the Wild West. I’d say it’s worth $5-10 to grab the first one while you wait for the new game to come out. I know there’s a connection between the two (the upcoming game is a prequel) and it’s just a great game regardless. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I don’t know about Witcher, it’s a Rockstar game so yeah it’s basically GTA in the Wild West. I’d say it’s worth $5-10 to grab the first one while you wait for the new game to come out. I know there’s a connection between the two (the upcoming game is a prequel) and it’s just a great game regardless. 

The original does not play on PS4 AFAIK

7 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

There's a whole thread for RDR2.  

Like someone else said, there's no version of RDR for PS4 but you can get a port of Red Dead Revolver (the original game from PS1/2).  I've heard that game is fun, but it is $15 and that seems a little steep to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shadyridr said:

I dont know how Im gonna find time to play all the games coming out. I am still trying to finish up Spiderman but then I have Tomb Raider, RDR2, and even the new AC is getting rave reviews. UGH

The Last of Us 2 also supposed to come out this year...

52 minutes ago, Thorn said:

huh? I thought that was coming out next year

• Like 1

12 hours ago, shadyridr said:

AC is so funny to me Dialogue wise. It's an inside joke for my buddy who I went to college with who's Greek and called everyone Malaka. Malaka means jerk off in Greek and if I had a dime for every time he said that or some form of the word "#####" I'd be a dam rich man by this point. The amount of times the game calls someone a malaka in the first 20 mins is so funny to me. I texted him and gave him 2 videos of speech scenes and said to him dude this game is like hanging with you again!!!!! It may not be as funny to most other people but he said he was laughing so hard he was crying and spit out his beer.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah bro, don't sleep on it. This is gonna smash records.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Yeah bro, don't sleep on it. This is gonna smash records.

Seems like that's the case. 

I read someone say the only "bad" thing, if you can call it that, is that RDR2 "feels" like a game made by the GTA developers. As in the influence is obvious. Not sure how that would be a negative, and I haven't played a GTA game for at least two console generations, so I doubt I'll notice that. 

13 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

AC is so funny to me Dialogue wise. It's an inside joke for my buddy who I went to college with who's Greek and called everyone Malaka. Malaka means jerk off in Greek and if I had a dime for every time he said that or some form of the word "#####" I'd be a dam rich man by this point. The amount of times the game calls someone a malaka in the first 20 mins is so funny to me. I texted him and gave him 2 videos of speech scenes and said to him dude this game is like hanging with you again!!!!! It may not be as funny to most other people but he said he was laughing so hard he was crying and spit out his beer.  

How is the new AC? 

Been dinking around on Mad Max and NBA2k19 while waiting for RDR2 to come out, but have considered getting AC instead to fill the gap after hearing some good things. I've never played an AC game before but love RPGs. 

Ugh.... AC, RDR2, Fallout76, Spiderman all releasing.  I don't have time for all of this :(.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Kanil said:

Ugh.... AC, RDR2, Fallout76, Spiderman all releasing.  I don't have time for all of this :(.

My list also includes Anthem, which comes out in Feb.

RDR2 and Anthem are prioritized for me because I'll be playing them online with a friend. I might grab one of the others and occasionally play it solo, but the rest will have to wait until maybe next Summer. On the bright side, by the time I do get to them, they should be cheap.

I don't recall ever having to be so picky about what games I have time to play. And to top it all off, there are now rumors that Cyberpunk 2077 will also be released sometime in 2019...

On 10/3/2018 at 9:47 AM, pepwaves said:

How is the new AC? 

Been dinking around on Mad Max and NBA2k19 while waiting for RDR2 to come out, but have considered getting AC instead to fill the gap after hearing some good things. I've never played an AC game before but love RPGs. 

It's fairly good so far. If you can get the other ones for a decent price and there are some packaged additions I'd suggest playing those first. The dialogue playing your actions and decisions can interact with the game and impact the story. You can recruit people for your crew and you can pick and chose where you want to begin different missions. But don't try to do levels higher then you or you'll be dead in minutes if not seconds

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:30 AM, shadyridr said:

Correct, 2019 is the target date for TLOU2. No word on when in 2019 though.

Resident Evil 2 remake is supposed to drop in January as well, that looks amazing too. Barely anything to play the first half of this year and now a boatload of stuff all at once, good thing I saved up a lot of PTO for year end.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, Frank Drebin said:

Anyone try We Happy Few yet? I know they made a lot of changes from the game preview version that released a couple years ago. Just curious how important the survival aspect is now. That was easily my least favorite part of it. Wondering if it's worth a purchase.

Anyone tried We Happy Few yet? I missed that it came out. Based on reviews it sounds like it is a great story and visuals but apparently has a lot of bugs they are still working on, one of which is game killing (save files can get corrupted wiping out your entire progress.)

16 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

It's fairly good so far. If you can get the other ones for a decent price and there are some packaged additions I'd suggest playing those first. The dialogue playing your actions and decisions can interact with the game and impact the story. You can recruit people for your crew and you can pick and chose where you want to begin different missions. But don't try to do levels higher then you or you'll be dead in minutes if not seconds

As much as I would love to, I don't have nearly enough time to play all the prior AC games....especially with so many other games I'm itching to play and RDR2 coming out in a few weeks. What you describe sounds pretty good though. Leaning towards trying it out and in my spare time before RDR2 releases. I did enjoy playing Mad Max but this one seems like it is better. Thanks for the input. 

Probably will be doing Fallout 76. Then nothing till RE2make. I can't wait for that game. RE2 is my favorite Resident Evil game by far.

• Like 1

So for our last gen Red Dead Redemption experts out there, a question (keeping in mind I have never played a Rockstar game to my knowledge--maybe Vice City way back): how far do I "need" to follow the main quest stuff (like meeting the Marshall etc) before I just start exploring the world on my own and doing whatever? Or should I stick with that stuff for a while? 

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So for our last gen Red Dead Redemption experts out there, a question (keeping in mind I have never played a Rockstar game to my knowledge--maybe Vice City way back): how far do I "need" to follow the main quest stuff (like meeting the Marshall etc) before I just start exploring the world on my own and doing whatever? Or should I stick with that stuff for a while? 

From the critic 2hour trials I have read... Completing the train heist opens up the entire map. 

12 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

From the critic 2hour trials I have read... Completing the train heist opens up the entire map. 

Is this the original RDR from last gen? I'm playing that one now for the first time before RDR2 comes out 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Is this the original RDR from last gen? I'm playing that one now for the first time before RDR2 comes out 

No. I can't read and only have RDR2 on the mind. 

Nevermind.  Carry on...

So far I'm really digging the bounty missions. Splitting time between doing missions for McFarlane farm and the Armadillo Sheriff, and of course just whatever random encounters I have in the desert. Figured out the Deadeye mechanic accidentally--Rockstar really lets you figure it all out on your own, huh? 

Kinda want to start a bar fight and get into some shenanigans when I lose yet another $25 in poker every night, but don't know how it will negatively effect my game. I'm running it pretty straight and narrow in terms of the Honor thing but could do with a little more outlaw stuff...will the law be after me all the time if I backslide into a life of crime once in a while? 

It's interesting bc from the trailer for RDR2 it seems they're pushing you to be "bad" much more than what I've experienced so far in the first one. Kinda looking forward to being a straight outlaw rather than a reformed outlaw turned family man. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

Not a huge gamer at all but I remember playing RDR a couple years back. The dang horse kept throwing me off and irritating me. I pulled out my gun and shot it. My mother in law who is a horse lover and who was in the room at the time didn't seem too impressed though I thought it was kind of random and funny. Had to be there I guess.

• Like 3

On 2018-10-07 at 0:49 AM, ConnSKINS26 said:

So far I'm really digging the bounty missions. Splitting time between doing missions for McFarlane farm and the Armadillo Sheriff, and of course just whatever random encounters I have in the desert. Figured out the Deadeye mechanic accidentally--Rockstar really lets you figure it all out on your own, huh? 

Kinda want to start a bar fight and get into some shenanigans when I lose yet another $25 in poker every night, but don't know how it will negatively effect my game. I'm running it pretty straight and narrow in terms of the Honor thing but could do with a little more outlaw stuff...will the law be after me all the time if I backslide into a life of crime once in a while? 

It's interesting bc from the trailer for RDR2 it seems they're pushing you to be "bad" much more than what I've experienced so far in the first one. Kinda looking forward to being a straight outlaw rather than a reformed outlaw turned family man. 

I did whatever I wanted. I think you just have to go pay a fine (at the train station perhaps?) and they don’t bother you. I think. It’s been awhile since I played. I don’t even remember an honour system to tell you the truth. 

On 2/10/2018 at 4:30 PM, shadyridr said:
On 2/10/2018 at 3:37 PM, Thorn said:

Yep. Postponed until April I think

Playing RDR again in anticipation of RDR2 later this month. I have taken a much needed hiatus from sports gaming too. 

• Like 1

Been playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 again.  It's essentially a trucking simulation where you drive a big rig throughout Europe on various jobs.  Sounds exciting, right?  It's as close to Zen as I've reached in a video game.  

It's gorgeous. 

The map is huge.  I did a job from Genova to Barcelona and it only ticked 0.43% off my map completion percentage.    They have added expansions for Italy, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe and I have modded mine to include Russia.  

It also has built in radio streams of actual European radio stations to listen to.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Scoresman said:

Been playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 again.  It's essentially a trucking simulation where you drive a big rig throughout Europe on various jobs.  Sounds exciting, right?  It's as close to Zen as I've reached in a video game.  

It's gorgeous. 

The map is huge.  I did a job from Genova to Barcelona and it only ticked 0.43% off my map completion percentage.    They have added expansions for Italy, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe and I have modded mine to include Russia.  

It also has built in radio streams of actual European radio stations to listen to.  

Do you have a full steering wheel and gas pedal setup?

1 hour ago, ShamrockPride said:

Black Op 4 with a 50 gig day 1 patch. This is getting ridiculous.

I took Friday off to burn a vacation day. I planned on playing this all day. Maybe I'll set this up to download at midnight and maybe it will be ready by the time I wake up. 

Just now, Foosball God said:

Do you have a full steering wheel and gas pedal setup?

Never got around to getting one, but that would be amazing.  Would need a shifter too, because the game lets you simulate operating a big rig's transmission and I think it goes up to 18 gears.  :drive:

• Like 1

So I have played a ton of Borderlands 1 and 2, but never watched Firefly until recently.  BL is pretty much a rip off of that universe concept, huh?

• Like 1

Talking to myself as I don't think there are many COD players left, but I'm enjoying newest one. Tons of maps for the launch, even if most are repeats. I don't know why they don't do now or this, come up with a couple of really well designed new maps, and being back all the good old ones. They should keep building the map selection population. 

I'm having trouble keeping track of progress on camos though. I will unlock a camo with a certain number of headshots, then next time I log in, it doesn't remember the HS have been completed, even though j that camo is on my gun. Hopefully it is a bug that is worked out, but highly annoying right now. 

I haven't played the blackout mode yet, but will dip my toe in the water eventually. I tried Fortnight but couldn't get used to the controls. Will be interesting if the cod controls I am familiar with makes that more more enjoyable. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

Talking to myself as I don't think there are many COD players left, but I'm enjoying newest one. Tons of maps for the launch, even if most are repeats. I don't know why they don't do now or this, come up with a couple of really well designed new maps, and being back all the good old ones. They should keep building the map selection population. 

I'm having trouble keeping track of progress on camos though. I will unlock a camo with a certain number of headshots, then next time I log in, it doesn't remember the HS have been completed, even though j that camo is on my gun. Hopefully it is a bug that is worked out, but highly annoying right now. 

I haven't played the blackout mode yet, but will dip my toe in the water eventually. I tried Fortnight but couldn't get used to the controls. Will be interesting if the cod controls I am familiar with makes that more more enjoyable. 

I haven't played COD since the first modern warfare.  I have been playing fortnight for the last couple of months.  I am now at the point where I'm not totally useless.  I do hate building though, which is going to limit my awesomeness.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Vanilla Guerrilla said:

I haven't played COD since the first modern warfare.  I have been playing fortnight for the last couple of months.  I am now at the point where I'm not totally useless.  I do hate building though, which is going to limit my awesomeness.

I play Fortnite a ton and don't build. Unfortunately I play on mobile so it's damn near impossible to build so never invested in learning how. I place a lot top 10, top 5 but invariably lose to a builder.

11 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

I play Fortnite a ton and don't build. Unfortunately I play on mobile so it's damn near impossible to build so never invested in learning how. I place a lot top 10, top 5 but invariably lose to a builder.

If I play conservative I can outlast a ton of people, but it always comes down to one of those savant builders at the end.  I am starting to get a feel for weapons over the last few weeks and starting to get my FPS chops back.  I can't imagine playing any FPS game on mobile without having it at least connected to a big enough screen to see people creepin'.

1 hour ago, Mad Cow said:

So I have played a ton of Borderlands 1 and 2, but never watched Firefly until recently.  BL is pretty much a rip off of that universe concept, huh?

I don't look at it as a rip off but more as a loving nod to the brilliant tv series.  Borderlands drops a few direct references in the game to Firefly and Serenity.  Here are some of them.  I added in spoiler tags in case you have not finished Firefly and Serenity.

Character: Jaynis Kobb Reference to the character Jayne Cobb from the TV show Firefly. In the seventh episode, "Jaynestown", the characters enter a mining town where the locals hail Jayne (who is a violent, amoral gunman who'd tried to steal money from the local magistrate years before) as a hero.

Reaver serves as a reference to the brutal race known as the Reavers in the series, one of his quotes, "It's time to paint this body with blood!" being a direct reference and accurate descriptor of the victim's fate after an encounter with the Reavers.

Lilith has a class mod called "Firefly" in reference to the show itself.

A particular brand of revolver in the game has the prefix "Mal" in its title, a reference to "Malcom Reynolds" (routinely called Mal) the ship's captain. He is also well known for favoring a revolver as his gun of choice.

The town of New Haven could be a nod to the Town of Haven where Shepard Book had been living, and later died, in the movie Serenity which takes place after the end of the Firefly TV series

There's Fillion's Ammunition & Arms (In Liar's Berg)

You can buy a skin called "A leaf on the wind" named after a famous quote from Wash

You can buy Jayne's hat in the game.

Edited by NewlyRetired
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Vanilla Guerrilla said:

If I play conservative I can outlast a ton of people, but it always comes down to one of those savant builders at the end.  I am starting to get a feel for weapons over the last few weeks and starting to get my FPS chops back.  I can't imagine playing any FPS game on mobile without having it at least connected to a big enough screen to see people creepin'.

iPad Pro 12.9" :D

Anything smaller than that is worthless to me, too old to see a phone and the lag is ridiculous. The 8+ year olds playing on phones these days are going to be wearing glasses by the time they are 15.

On 10/7/2018 at 2:49 AM, ConnSKINS26 said:

2nd one is mostly about his Outlaw gang he went against. You're suppose to be more of a bad outlaw type in RDR2. Morrison is more of the guy walking a fine line of Outlaw and trying to be a respectable guy getting out of the gang life. I pretty mucked walked the straight and narrow but it's been so long since the first one it's hard to remember what happens when you go too far outlaw. I really enjoyed the hunting stuff though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewlyRetired said:

I don't look at it as a rip off but more as a loving nod to the brilliant tv series.  Borderlands drops a few direct references in the game to Firefly and Serenity.  Here are some of them.  I added in spoiler tags in case you have not finished Firefly and Serenity.

Hide contents

Character: Jaynis Kobb Reference to the character Jayne Cobb from the TV show Firefly. In the seventh episode, "Jaynestown", the characters enter a mining town where the locals hail Jayne (who is a violent, amoral gunman who'd tried to steal money from the local magistrate years before) as a hero.

Reaver serves as a reference to the brutal race known as the Reavers in the series, one of his quotes, "It's time to paint this body with blood!" being a direct reference and accurate descriptor of the victim's fate after an encounter with the Reavers.

Lilith has a class mod called "Firefly" in reference to the show itself.

A particular brand of revolver in the game has the prefix "Mal" in its title, a reference to "Malcom Reynolds" (routinely called Mal) the ship's captain. He is also well known for favoring a revolver as his gun of choice.

The town of New Haven could be a nod to the Town of Haven where Shepard Book had been living, and later died, in the movie Serenity which takes place after the end of the Firefly TV series

There's Fillion's Ammunition & Arms (In Liar's Berg)

You can buy a skin called "A leaf on the wind" named after a famous quote from Wash

You can buy Jayne's hat in the game.

Yeah, I guess homage would be a better term.  They definitely grabbed a lot of the style, down to the music.

• Like 1

I love both Firefly and Borderlands and somehow never ever made the connection. Wow. I guess I just classified both as grungy western sci-fi

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I love both Firefly and Borderlands and somehow never ever made the connection. Wow. I guess I just classified both as grungy western sci-fi

I made the connection of landscape/crazy psychos covered in blood trying to hack you with a homemade machete, but never noticed all the homages to the show in particular, listed in @NewlyRetired spoiler above. Thanks for pointing that out. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Spike said:

Back to being hooked in WoW. 

Lol nerdcraft. I had a couple years, started just before wrath of the Lich king and running 25 man nax every weekend by the time I was done. Or 3 manning the first boss in 10 man ulduaar.  Then I quit cold turkey, met a girl, got married. I’m not sure I’ll ever have the time/excuse good enough to justify nerding around for hours again, at least not regular enough to raid and whatnot. 

Night elf Combat rogue that was mainly spec’d/geared for pvp

Night elf death night tank was awesome, also had a pvp spec that I’d use for dps. In the heat of battle if a tank died I could shadowmeld, swap gear, and pick up the boss, man I’m starting to miss it talking about it....

dranaei healer/range dps- I could heal in the nexus while doing more damage than the random dps pickups we’d get- they’d freak out going “wait we don’t have a healer!” 

Thise were my maxed guys, death night was my favorite. Ruined many a horde days in wintergrasp....

On 10/15/2018 at 5:18 PM, Mad Cow said:

I can get the whole shebang (1, 2, all dlcs plus prequel) it seems for 40 bucks on steam. Worth it?

• Like 2