Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fasteddie_21

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

6 hours ago, shadyridr said:

Spiderman is fun, great graphics, swinging through the city is a blast, and combat is great. But it does get a bit repetitive. 

I don't have a PS4, but I really want to try it [Spiderman, that is].  So I asked a good friend who I knew bought it on release day.  He said it was fun for awhile, but super short.  "No Batman Arkham Asylum", was his exact words.  Already traded it in.  I've beaten really good games in less than a week too, so I still wanna try it.  edit: I'm a completionist, so I'm sure it wouldn't be as short as he made it seem.  

Edited by SlaX
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, cockroach said:

Maybe, but he didn't list any of the systems.  Seems more likely they "fell off a truck", if it's even legit. I see the listing is already gone.  Must've all sold.  He only had about 40 left when I posted it.  I saved the seller so we'll see if the positive feedback starts rolling in a couple weeks from now.  Either way, there's enough completed listings on there to prove my point that you can get it for half off if your timing is good.   And this is less than 2 weeks from the release.  It'll only get cheaper and easier with each passing week. 

In college I worked a summer at a GameStop. First off, it sucked. I like video games, I dig some Madden, some cool shooting games, etc... the people that would come in were insane.

“Hey uh when’s the new (insert anime here) being delivered to the store?”

Me: not sure let me look it up in the com...

”JULY 14!  How did you not know that heu heu heu.”

Me: :mellow:

“So I want a job here, hey can I have that (insert JRPG game here) promo poster off the wall?”

Me: No, I can’t give away product 

“that game released two months ago, come onnnn”

This would happen every day. I loved it when a mom or dad came in and I could help them, but the regulars sucked. 

——

oh yeah, the reason I brought this up was there was a crew that would bring in “their” system every other day to trade in. They always wanted cash and not store credit. It was so shady, but I was told you just accept the product.  You can’t call someone a thief just because they’ve traded in 9 game systems this week. :unsure:

Edited by bigmarc27

3 hours ago, cockroach said:

Maybe, but he didn't list any of the systems.  Seems more likely they "fell off a truck", if it's even legit. I see the listing is already gone.  Must've all sold.  He only had about 40 left when I posted it.  I saved the seller so we'll see if the positive feedback starts rolling in a couple weeks from now.  Either way, there's enough completed listings on there to prove my point that you can get it for half off if your timing is good.   And this is less than 2 weeks from the release.  It'll only get cheaper and easier with each passing week. 

If you're talking the grey market, sure, that's a given. I don't know about anyone else, but that's not what I was talking about. But that's cool - enjoy the game.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigmarc27 said:

In college I worked a summer at a GameStop. First off, it sucked. I like video games, I dig some Madden, some cool shooting games, etc... the people that would come in were insane.

“Hey uh when’s the new (insert anime here) being delivered to the store?”

Me: not sure let me look it up in the com...

”JULY 14!  How did you not know that heu heu heu.”

Me: :mellow:

“So I want a job here, hey can I have that (insert JRPG game here) promo poster off the wall?”

Me: No, I can’t give away product 

“that game released two months ago, come onnnn”

This would happen every day. I loved it when a mom or dad came in and I could help them, but the regulars sucked. 

——

oh yeah, the reason I brought this up was there was a crew that would bring in “their” system every other day to trade in. They always wanted cash and not store credit. It was so shady, but I was told you just accept the product.  You can’t call someone a thief just because they’ve traded in 9 game systems this week. :unsure:

What area did you live in? My SD after the 3rd or 4th time would've told us to keep an eye on them and contacts the other GS in the area. By the 5th or 6th time would've played it cool kept them waiting with some BS "Need to go in the back and check the system while employee 2 is calling the cops. 

I worked GS for a holiday season. it was great as my schedule with my current job at the time allowed me to work 5-6 hours from morning till 1-2 mostly and my GS was in the same shopping center would get dressed in the back room change of clothes and be set for a 2:30 or 3 shift to like 8 or 9 at night. The Assitiant Store Director was the brother of a former co worker of mine and I got a long great with the guys there. I was literally helping customers at first not being an employee so they finally decided to give me a holiday job. Co Store Director and Store Director really wanted to keep me but a GS close by closed so they had to take a guy from there and then one guy came back into the company and DM told them they had to take him. I've tried to go back since but now with my current position at work not sure how my hours would work. I did love it there. I learned a lot about realized for the most part people there don't have all the answers. For a few yrs before hand heard stories how GS employees were trying to rip you off or just dumb but totally no true. My co workers were great too but it helped many of us had similar interest. It's a shame I could keep my second job. I was gonna use the money at the time I made to buy my first PS4. Store discount was cool as well. I had preordered and paid a game off in full and my co SD was wringing me up and the SD told him to give me the employee discount. Told him I paid the game off already before I was an employee and he basically was like who gives a sh** you're an employee when the game came out you get the discount. 

Honestly miss working there. It was nice having some extra money just to spend for change and not worrying about taking money out of the ATM for awhile. The pay was terrible but when you have another job that pays more and you are just using that as spending $$$ you could do much worse. The Midnight releases depending what it was could be amazing or just terrible depending on the game and customers. I get a lot at my current job with beer and wine about the thing you get with posters and all. Had some customer about a month ago try and cop 3 of my NFL posters at the register. Asked him what he was doing and as he had them in his hand asked if he could take them. I said no I need those for a display. Quickly after that I took the posters and hid them. It wasn't much of a lie as it was We needed at least one 2 hang up and we had a few extra. One was already going to me and another to a female co worker of mine. You aren't taking my free Sh** the Vendors gave to me thats for sure. You want it come work with me and be willing to work Sunday and Saturday nights. I swear to god sometimes customers are annoying. I did like you enjoy helping the mom or pops coming in or grandparent looking for a game for their grandchild. The best was helping some of the younger kids and trying to get them into games remastered I played when I was younger. It was rewarding when they came back and told me how cool the game was or how they liked it. I also don't try and get them on the over age games unless their parent/gaurdian Okayed me too and if they didn't ask I would usually take them aside ask them. Especially if the game wasn't GTA like more of the COD games and such or a PRG. I always told them it was more so up to them what they deemed acceptable. 

On 9/8/2018 at 1:08 AM, cockroach said:

Don't try to pick a guy to aim at/fight with, hit triangle and you'll websling to a guy.  O (dodge) is your best friend.  That first fight against Kingpin I probably died 5 or 6 times... at least.  After that I probably only died 3 or 4 times total (45% done).  Your skills/gadgets/addons help alot. 

Whats the best suit and all do you think you should go for? Also any pointers on the side missions? I'm doing fairly well with just the spider Suit doc gives you on the upgrades first but I feel I could be a lot better right now. 

On 9/8/2018 at 11:33 AM, bigmarc27 said:

Any of you XB1 guys wanting to play PUBG let me know. They added the new map, Sanhook. I’m kind of addicted to the game now. Stuck on 3 wins but I’ve made a lot of top 10s recently. 

Strategy - load up guns immediately, find either motorcycle or off-road vehicle. Drive to center of second circle, wait for plane to drop package, drive and level 3 up. Go to middle of 3rd circle and prep for top 10. This works almost every time unless the package drops in a city.

I wish I watch a podcaster I live play it constantly. I got H1Z1 but it's just not the same. I got a ps4 but most of my buddies are on XB1. I took the PS4 do to the exclusives on there I love and I've been a PS person since I got my first original PS1. I like H1Z1 but it's not as fun running around by yourself as it is with a team of friends. Plus my one buddy is a night owl like me and be perfect for duo's at the very least. 

Edited by DJackson10

On 9/19/2018 at 9:59 PM, PlayaHata said:

I was pretty pumped for it too.  Watched some of the Battle Royale on Twitch and didn't care for it at all.  I think it's passed me by as well.

COD's for all the kiddies who can't handle Battlefield anymore. Most of the ACTUAL SKILLED GAMERS went to BF during Hardline and gave up on COD at least PS4 player wise. COD guys who aren't skilled especially the kiddies hate BF because there's more too it then running around guns blazing "new tubing"and camping. Theres actual strategy involved. Only COD game I will start up from time to time and re-download MP wise is Modern Warfare. That game is still fun after all these yrs. I also am not a huge MP guy so COD getting rid of Campaign and Storymode made my decision a lot easier this time. A lot of people have seemed to turn on COD too 

9 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

Whats the best suit and all do you think you should go for? Also any pointers on the side missions? I'm doing fairly well with just the spider Suit doc gives you on the upgrades first but I feel I could be a lot better right now. 

I mostly used the suit with the circular blast... not sure which it was, but not the rocker one, though that's cool too (especially for crimes on top of buildings. CYA!).  As for side missions, never stop doing crimes.  Those get a lot harder towards the end and crime tokens are needed to upgrade or unlock a bunch of stuff.  Also, fly through the story until you unlock research missions.  Research tokens are needed for a lot of upgrades too.  On bases, pay attention to the goals so you can get maximum tokens for that too.  Backpack and landmarks are easy to snag whenever you're around them, I wouldn't specifically hunt those.   

On the skill tree, the gun yanks are good.  As is the web one where you hit X and can go forward (twice).  I banked a ton of skill points and only really spent some when I was in the teens towards the end.

If you need challenge tokens, the stealth missions are the easiest to gold.

The best suit cosmetically is the comic one.  Once I got that I never switched off it except for the last mission where they force you. 

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:48 PM, ShamrockPride said:

Trying to buy a PS4 Pro and literally...literally every retailer I can possibly buy one from within a couple hours of me is sold out. Gamestop, target, walmart, best buy. Wtf is going on...

I am couple of days late responding but there has been a shortage all summer with new stock selling out very quickly once it comes in. Speculation I have read on reddit is that a new model is coming out soon restricting supply.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2018 at 2:19 PM, bigmarc27 said:

Portal 2 is backwards compatible.  There’s like 3 tomb raider games now. Prince of Persia would be perfect, but those are older now and I don’t think compatible.  

The newest Prince of Persia (the one that looked cel shaded) just went backwards compatible recently...

https://www.windowscentral.com/prince-persia-earth-defense-force-2025-sine-mora-join-xbox-backward-compatibility

On 9/17/2018 at 3:48 PM, ShamrockPride said:

Trying to buy a PS4 Pro and literally...literally every retailer I can possibly buy one from within a couple hours of me is sold out. Gamestop, target, walmart, best buy. Wtf is going on...

Gamestop has them in stock right now

• Like 1

On 9/21/2018 at 2:10 PM, Frank Drebin said:

The newest Prince of Persia (the one that looked cel shaded) just went backwards compatible recently...

https://www.windowscentral.com/prince-persia-earth-defense-force-2025-sine-mora-join-xbox-backward-compatibility

I never played any of those. I really liked the very first Prince of Persia  though!

• Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 4:22 PM, ShamrockPride said:

New killer out on Dead By Daylight

She looks cool as hell but very annoying to go against. The Spirit. She blinks like a Nurse but is faster just moving around. Seems to have a longer reach on her strikes too. Her hex (haunted ground) is really annoying especially if they combine it with Ruin. The totems look exactly the same but if you break the haunted ground totem, the killer sees everyone for 40 seconds. I've been moried by her twice. The animation is pretty cool.

1 hour ago, Insein said:

She looks cool as hell but very annoying to go against. The Spirit. She blinks like a Nurse but is faster just moving around. Seems to have a longer reach on her strikes too. Her hex (haunted ground) is really annoying especially if they combine it with Ruin. The totems look exactly the same but if you break the haunted ground totem, the killer sees everyone for 40 seconds. I've been moried by her twice. The animation is pretty cool.

40 seconds? Gotdamn. I've only gotten to play against her twice thus far, don't think any of our squad made it either time.

Anyone hear anything about WoW coming out with a low-cost, vanilla version?

Someone told me this might happen this year or next. It would sort of go back in time to an earlier setup in which there would be less continents, no flying mounts, etc.

I heard the price would be significantly less than the $15/month it costs now  

No, I really have no solid details. 

4 hours ago, Bucky86 said:

Did you guys buy any of the Killers? I only have the original ones. The doctor one is what I roll with mostly.

I haven't bought any yet. I usually play as survivor. I play killer if I want to complete a daily ritual. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

40 seconds? Gotdamn. I've only gotten to play against her twice thus far, don't think any of our squad made it either time.

Yes. That's why if a Spirit doesn't have Ruin on, DONT BREAK THE BURNING TOTEM! If they have Ruin on too, you really have no choice but to try and break it. 

My friends and I have beaten her about 3-4 times but also died about 7-10 times against her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Anyone hear anything about WoW coming out with a low-cost, vanilla version?

Someone told me this might happen this year or next. It would sort of go back in time to an earlier setup in which there would be less continents, no flying mounts, etc.

I heard the price would be significantly less than the $15/month it costs now  

No, I really have no solid details. 

Yes, they annouced late last year that they are supposedly working on a WoW Classic. But details are still pretty sketchy. I read a short thing a few months ago with a developer talking about the challenges of recreating the original game architecture and such. It's like trying to uninstall a bunch of updates over the span of 14 years. You take one thing out and it breaks something else. In some cases, I think they said they don't even have the original builds for certain areas of the game any more because those were overwritten by some of the later expansions.

Edit: Should be more info coming out at the next Blizzcon in November

Edited by Buckna
  • Like 1

Beat Spidy. Really liked it. I played to finish some side missions after beating the game but stopped before it got repetitive. Game was easier to beat then I thought. Really enjoyed the fact if you got really stuck on the puzzles part you could skip them. I've had games where I've spent a few hours trying to figure out a dam puzzle. 

On 8/15/2018 at 6:50 PM, Borden said:

The makers of 'Fallout' and 'Skyrim' just issued an ultimatum to Sony over the PS4, and it could have a huge impact on the future of gaming

Sony is dropping the ball on this one. Fortnite was the first to break this egg open. Others will pile on now. Microsoft torpedo’d an entire console generation with a bad E3 conference. This could be a turning point for Sony if they don’t get with the times.

Sony is testing cross-play for Fortnite starting today from what I read.

Edit: maybe not starting today but was announced today.

Edited by East Coast Bias

AC Odyssey comes out tonight for those who pre ordered. Totally forgot it was out Tomorrow so a surprise when my local GameStop called and said we are doing a 9PM release.  

Just watched the second gameplay trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2. Holy ####. So it's like Wild West Witcher 3 mixed with GTA? Never played the previous one and somehow avoided most of the hype until now

I dont know how Im gonna find time to play all the games coming out. I am still trying to finish up Spiderman but then I have Tomb Raider, RDR2, and even the new AC is getting rave reviews. UGH

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Just watched the second gameplay trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2. Holy ####. So it's like Wild West Witcher 3 mixed with GTA? Never played the previous one and somehow avoided most of the hype until now

I don’t know about Witcher, it’s a Rockstar game so yeah it’s basically GTA in the Wild West. I’d say it’s worth $5-10 to grab the first one while you wait for the new game to come out. I know there’s a connection between the two (the upcoming game is a prequel) and it’s just a great game regardless. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I don’t know about Witcher, it’s a Rockstar game so yeah it’s basically GTA in the Wild West. I’d say it’s worth $5-10 to grab the first one while you wait for the new game to come out. I know there’s a connection between the two (the upcoming game is a prequel) and it’s just a great game regardless. 

The original does not play on PS4 AFAIK

7 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

There's a whole thread for RDR2.  

Like someone else said, there's no version of RDR for PS4 but you can get a port of Red Dead Revolver (the original game from PS1/2).  I've heard that game is fun, but it is $15 and that seems a little steep to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shadyridr said:

I dont know how Im gonna find time to play all the games coming out. I am still trying to finish up Spiderman but then I have Tomb Raider, RDR2, and even the new AC is getting rave reviews. UGH

The Last of Us 2 also supposed to come out this year...

52 minutes ago, Thorn said:

The Last of Us 2 also supposed to come out this year...

huh? I thought that was coming out next year

• Like 1

12 hours ago, shadyridr said:

AC is so funny to me Dialogue wise. It's an inside joke for my buddy who I went to college with who's Greek and called everyone Malaka. Malaka means jerk off in Greek and if I had a dime for every time he said that or some form of the word "#####" I'd be a dam rich man by this point. The amount of times the game calls someone a malaka in the first 20 mins is so funny to me. I texted him and gave him 2 videos of speech scenes and said to him dude this game is like hanging with you again!!!!! It may not be as funny to most other people but he said he was laughing so hard he was crying and spit out his beer.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah bro, don't sleep on it. This is gonna smash records.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Yeah bro, don't sleep on it. This is gonna smash records.

Seems like that's the case. 

I read someone say the only "bad" thing, if you can call it that, is that RDR2 "feels" like a game made by the GTA developers. As in the influence is obvious. Not sure how that would be a negative, and I haven't played a GTA game for at least two console generations, so I doubt I'll notice that. 

13 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

AC is so funny to me Dialogue wise. It's an inside joke for my buddy who I went to college with who's Greek and called everyone Malaka. Malaka means jerk off in Greek and if I had a dime for every time he said that or some form of the word "#####" I'd be a dam rich man by this point. The amount of times the game calls someone a malaka in the first 20 mins is so funny to me. I texted him and gave him 2 videos of speech scenes and said to him dude this game is like hanging with you again!!!!! It may not be as funny to most other people but he said he was laughing so hard he was crying and spit out his beer.  

How is the new AC? 

Been dinking around on Mad Max and NBA2k19 while waiting for RDR2 to come out, but have considered getting AC instead to fill the gap after hearing some good things. I've never played an AC game before but love RPGs. 

Ugh.... AC, RDR2, Fallout76, Spiderman all releasing.  I don't have time for all of this :(.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Kanil said:

Ugh.... AC, RDR2, Fallout76, Spiderman all releasing.  I don't have time for all of this :(.

My list also includes Anthem, which comes out in Feb.

RDR2 and Anthem are prioritized for me because I'll be playing them online with a friend. I might grab one of the others and occasionally play it solo, but the rest will have to wait until maybe next Summer. On the bright side, by the time I do get to them, they should be cheap.

I don't recall ever having to be so picky about what games I have time to play. And to top it all off, there are now rumors that Cyberpunk 2077 will also be released sometime in 2019...

On 10/3/2018 at 9:47 AM, pepwaves said:

How is the new AC? 

Been dinking around on Mad Max and NBA2k19 while waiting for RDR2 to come out, but have considered getting AC instead to fill the gap after hearing some good things. I've never played an AC game before but love RPGs. 

It's fairly good so far. If you can get the other ones for a decent price and there are some packaged additions I'd suggest playing those first. The dialogue playing your actions and decisions can interact with the game and impact the story. You can recruit people for your crew and you can pick and chose where you want to begin different missions. But don't try to do levels higher then you or you'll be dead in minutes if not seconds

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:30 AM, shadyridr said:

huh? I thought that was coming out next year

Correct, 2019 is the target date for TLOU2. No word on when in 2019 though.

Resident Evil 2 remake is supposed to drop in January as well, that looks amazing too. Barely anything to play the first half of this year and now a boatload of stuff all at once, good thing I saved up a lot of PTO for year end.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, Frank Drebin said:

Anyone try We Happy Few yet? I know they made a lot of changes from the game preview version that released a couple years ago. Just curious how important the survival aspect is now. That was easily my least favorite part of it. Wondering if it's worth a purchase.

Anyone tried We Happy Few yet? I missed that it came out. Based on reviews it sounds like it is a great story and visuals but apparently has a lot of bugs they are still working on, one of which is game killing (save files can get corrupted wiping out your entire progress.)

16 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

It's fairly good so far. If you can get the other ones for a decent price and there are some packaged additions I'd suggest playing those first. The dialogue playing your actions and decisions can interact with the game and impact the story. You can recruit people for your crew and you can pick and chose where you want to begin different missions. But don't try to do levels higher then you or you'll be dead in minutes if not seconds

As much as I would love to, I don't have nearly enough time to play all the prior AC games....especially with so many other games I'm itching to play and RDR2 coming out in a few weeks. What you describe sounds pretty good though. Leaning towards trying it out and in my spare time before RDR2 releases. I did enjoy playing Mad Max but this one seems like it is better. Thanks for the input. 

Probably will be doing Fallout 76. Then nothing till RE2make. I can't wait for that game. RE2 is my favorite Resident Evil game by far.

• Like 1

So for our last gen Red Dead Redemption experts out there, a question (keeping in mind I have never played a Rockstar game to my knowledge--maybe Vice City way back): how far do I "need" to follow the main quest stuff (like meeting the Marshall etc) before I just start exploring the world on my own and doing whatever? Or should I stick with that stuff for a while? 

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So for our last gen Red Dead Redemption experts out there, a question (keeping in mind I have never played a Rockstar game to my knowledge--maybe Vice City way back): how far do I "need" to follow the main quest stuff (like meeting the Marshall etc) before I just start exploring the world on my own and doing whatever? Or should I stick with that stuff for a while? 

From the critic 2hour trials I have read... Completing the train heist opens up the entire map. 

12 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

From the critic 2hour trials I have read... Completing the train heist opens up the entire map. 

Is this the original RDR from last gen? I'm playing that one now for the first time before RDR2 comes out 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Is this the original RDR from last gen? I'm playing that one now for the first time before RDR2 comes out 

No. I can't read and only have RDR2 on the mind. 

Nevermind.  Carry on...

So far I'm really digging the bounty missions. Splitting time between doing missions for McFarlane farm and the Armadillo Sheriff, and of course just whatever random encounters I have in the desert. Figured out the Deadeye mechanic accidentally--Rockstar really lets you figure it all out on your own, huh? 

Kinda want to start a bar fight and get into some shenanigans when I lose yet another $25 in poker every night, but don't know how it will negatively effect my game. I'm running it pretty straight and narrow in terms of the Honor thing but could do with a little more outlaw stuff...will the law be after me all the time if I backslide into a life of crime once in a while? 

It's interesting bc from the trailer for RDR2 it seems they're pushing you to be "bad" much more than what I've experienced so far in the first one. Kinda looking forward to being a straight outlaw rather than a reformed outlaw turned family man. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

Not a huge gamer at all but I remember playing RDR a couple years back. The dang horse kept throwing me off and irritating me. I pulled out my gun and shot it. My mother in law who is a horse lover and who was in the room at the time didn't seem too impressed though I thought it was kind of random and funny. Had to be there I guess.

• Like 3