What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (10 Viewers)

I played the first two and loved the cut scenes and story, but the gameplay is sooooooo repetitive that it kinda kills it for me.  I'm assuming 3 & 4 are similar?
I loved 1, 2, and 3.  Platinumed all of them on PS3 and again on PS4 when the remasters came out.  I forced myself to finish 4 and never revisted it.  The pacing is weird, and they changed up the gameplay quite a bit from the earlier titles.  But I really didn't like the hard turn away from the light-and-breezy atmosphere to something more somber.  This franchise is supposed to be Indiana Jones, not Sartre.   

It's excellent, but short.  I sprung for it because my queue is empty and I was looking for something to play, but most people are going to see this as more like a $20-$30 game than a $60 game.  To put it in perspective, I beat the game today for the sixth time.  My seventh run-through will finish off the platinum.  I expect a couple more playthroughs, but yes once you know what you're doing you can easily beat the game in under two hours.  My first run was about seven hours, but that was by far my longest run.
Yeah i played the crap out of the re2 remake.   I will probably still get re3 soon but thats disappointing  that they didnt add some more to it

Days Gone question. I am about to start Riding South and have not found one trap recipe. I don't have any proximity bombs or anything. Is that normal? I'm pretty sure I have cleared every ambush site and found their bunkers. But nothing.

Edit: Found the answer to the proximity bomb question, so please disregard. Not sure what other traps are out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played the first two and loved the cut scenes and story, but the gameplay is sooooooo repetitive that it kinda kills it for me.  I'm assuming 3 & 4 are similar?
Yeah 3 played exactly as the first 2. I've been away for 5 years though so 4 seems refreshing, but it's probably not lol. But I agree with the gameplay. I think it's why I never rushed out to get 4 after playing the first 3.

I am stuck in Last of Us

At the end of Chapter 10. I am supposed to walk on trucks,cars,etc in a river with Ellie following. I looked it up and it says go until you fall in and a scene will trigger that will bring you to chapter 11.

I cant get the cut scene to trigger. I am stuck with Ellie standing on top of a truck surrounded by the rushing water. I have no where else to go that I can see and no cut scene is being triggered. I have tries to restart encounter and each time it starts at the same spot with them just standing on this truck.

Help!!!!!!!

I am stuck in Last of Us

At the end of Chapter 10. I am supposed to walk on trucks,cars,etc in a river with Ellie following. I looked it up and it says go until you fall in and a scene will trigger that will bring you to chapter 11.

I cant get the cut scene to trigger. I am stuck with Ellie standing on top of a truck surrounded by the rushing water. I have no where else to go that I can see and no cut scene is being triggered. I have tries to restart encounter and each time it starts at the same spot with them just standing on this truck.

Help!!!!!!!
did you get to the bus?

did you get to the bus?
I believe so. I swam under water and freed something up for Ellie? I got to where Ellie says something about the water and Joel tells her to stay with him and they start walking on top of duct work eventually to on top of cars,trucks etc..

I did fall in and the river washes him down to a bunch of debris. 

Maybe I respawn before the bus? I will check but I kind of doubt it as the water flow is so strong I dont think I can swim underwater. I have tried to swim back to Ellie and the force of the water prevents that.

I believe so. I swam under water and freed something up for Ellie? I got to where Ellie says something about the water and Joel tells her to stay with him and they start walking on top of duct work eventually to on top of cars,trucks etc..

I did fall in and the river washes him down to a bunch of debris. 

Maybe I respawn before the bus? I will check but I kind of doubt it as the water flow is so strong I dont think I can swim underwater. I have tried to swim back to Ellie and the force of the water prevents that.
I dont want to spoil too much but you will get to a part where you have to jump on containers that are in the water.   

Near the end of that there is a bus across the water.  You need to get on that bus.

Does that help?

I dont want to spoil too much but you will get to a part where you have to jump on containers that are in the water.   

Near the end of that there is a bus across the water.  You need to get on that bus.

Does that help?
I think it does. I was pretty tired last night and I thought I tried to get on the bus without success. I will try again later.

Have been enjoying The Persistence on PSVR; haven't played in VR for a while so the first couple sessions I would get neck ache and a touch of nausea, over it now.

Also started The Evil Within 2, played through the first hour or two to where it opens up a bit.  Hasn't sucked me in yet.

Just finished The Last of Us. Now I really wish the second one was coming out as scheduled. This was a really great game and story. That was not the end I was expecting.

I am chomping at the bit for MLB The Show 20 but I am going to try and hold off for economic reasons.

I have Horizon Zero Dawn next.

I will also get The Nathan Drake Collection tonight that they are offering for free.

Just finished The Last of Us. Now I really wish the second one was coming out as scheduled. This was a really great game and story. That was not the end I was expecting.

I am chomping at the bit for MLB The Show 20 but I am going to try and hold off for economic reasons.

I will also get The Nathan Drake Collection tonight that they are offering for free.
Oh man, get on HZD.  Another great story game, but more "fun" then emotionally draining (in a good way, but it is) than TLoU.  Took me two tries to get into HZD, but once I made it past the "intro" section I loved it.

Oh man, get on HZD.  Another great story game, but more "fun" then emotionally draining (in a good way, but it is) than TLoU.  Took me two tries to get into HZD, but once I made it past the "intro" section I loved it.
Sounds good. TLOU was pretty draining emotionally. I am ready for some just fun. That is part of why I want that MLB game.

History has told me that it is just a matter of time that I make the poor decision of buying the MLB game regardless of economics here. :bag:

I am not finding the alternate ending I was told about for Last of Us

Spoilers ahead for Last of Us

I was told there is an ending where one of them dies. Is this true and if so how do I unlock that? I am not finding it on the google. I did find an alternate musical ending that wasn't bad.

I was told there is an ending where one of them dies. Is this true and if so how do I unlock that? I am not finding it on the google. I did find an alternate musical ending that wasn't bad.
There’s a DLC which is Ellie and a friend before she meets Joel. That may be what is being referred to. 

Really craving something new. 99% of games are so shallow. I need more than what consoles and pc has to offer. 

Maybe VR? Anybody done al the pros and cons and can give me a TL/DR on the best 1 or 2 VR setups? 

Really craving something new. 99% of games are so shallow. I need more than what consoles and pc has to offer. 

Maybe VR? Anybody done al the pros and cons and can give me a TL/DR on the best 1 or 2 VR setups? 
I find the VR experience very shallow. It’s more gimmicky than the wii was at this point, so if you’re looking for something substantial, I’d go old school probably. 

This is the only alternate ending. The musical one

Cyrogear comes out 3.5 hours for $18 on Xbox/PC. It is currently on switch. It is a metrovania style game with rpg elements. Looks really really good and right up your alley. Also, take a look at Dead Cells (on everything) if you have not. It has a fantastic flow and upgrade system. I got you moobin! :chainsaw:

Definitely.  For $80 it was definitely worth it.  Just be aware it takes a long time to download and reinstall all the games.   
Wish I had done that before, playing RDR2 and the load times are nuts.  At this point I probably just live with it since i'm probably on my last few PS4 games anyways before next gen.

Glad you liked it

i was not a fan of horizon zero dawn though.  most people liked it so hopefully you will.  just didn't dig the combat/controls/story or really anything about it.  put about 8 hours or so into it and moved on.  i actually just tried it a month or so back.

it is very rare for me to just move on from a game but thats my  :2cents:

Glad you liked it

i was not a fan of horizon zero dawn though.  most people liked it so hopefully you will.  just didn't dig the combat/controls/story or really anything about it.  put about 8 hours or so into it and moved on.  i actually just tried it a month or so back.

it is very rare for me to just move on from a game but thats my  :2cents:
x2. May give it a try again during this pandemic, but it's wayyy back in the backlog now. Just kinda bored me.

I'm shocked by the HZD comments. Yes it started slowly. But the story was far and away the best of any game I have ever played IMHO. Different strokes...

There is a lot going on in HZD.

I am not the youngest guy here and I am sort of at a point where there can be to much going on in a game for me. I looked up a walk through and read about some of the controls and there was stuff in there I had no clue about. I was going to just play this without using a walk through but I think I am going to restart the game and use the walk through. If I can't really get all the controls after playing a few rounds I will probably move on to another game.

* I do like the idea of the story so far. I really like the landscape and the machines that are roaming around. I do think I will like this a lot if I can figure out the controls.

I thought the controls and combat in HZD were mediocre at best, but the world-building and narrative were great, especially in the expansion. 

The combat in HZD is intuitive, intense, and a total blast, I'm so confused as I thought that the combat was universally loved but it seems not. The story is great but imo the fast-paced, gadgety combat is the thing that keeps it from being a sci-fi Far Cry. It already has the collectibles, towers to reveal fog of war, etc. from that genre of open world 3rd person clone. The combat and enemy variety and how that all interacts is where it sets itself apart imo

Users who are viewing this thread