Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
fasteddie_21

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to?

Anyone have a working ps2 they wanna sell cheaply. 

I have an urge to play Vice City.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, E Street Brat said:

You can get it on steam and play with a controller. 

18 hours ago, Tony Jabroni said:

Will the digital movies on your Xbox1 transfer over to Xbox X?

My guess is no. Anybody?

If they are movies you bought or acquired through an app service like vudu, yes. If they are things you uploaded via usb stick onto the hard drive and watched through the media option, probably not.

2 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

You can get it on steam and play with a controller. 

Back in my glory days...:suds:

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 6:53 AM, hagmania said:

Hades is a roguelite (Binding of Isaac) isometric dungeon crawler (Diablo) with Greek mythology trimmings, if boiling it down to its very core. But it's also a Super Giant game - creators of Bastion, Transistor, Pyre - so the production quality is crazy high. The look is slick, the controls feel good, and there are over 20,000 voice acted lines in the game.

If you're a fan of Super Giant (or a fan of any of the three qualifiers I listed in the first sentence) I would find it hard not to be high on this. Game is very difficult too, so it feels great when you get a clear.

Yes, Yes, Yawn, Yesx2, Ehh. Ill check it out :)

On 10/20/2020 at 7:59 AM, TLEF316 said:

Would it be HILARIOUS if I could get every single 13 year old that calls me a gay or racial slur when I kill them in Warzone (which I'd say happens about once a week) banned because its recorded? Yup.

Do I like the idea of someone legally recording EVERYTHING (and that is what will happen) I say just to make that happen? Nah, not really.

Exactly. Also, from my time in the Gears if War Universe, being called every bad name I know in Spanish is a part of the experience. It's the little things you just can't create and have to be made organically. 

On 9/3/2019 at 7:55 AM, flysack said:

Anyone play Subnautica with VR?

I'm thinking of taking the plunge and buying an Occulus Rift. I heard good things about Subnautica. Just wondering how it is with VR.

Did you ever do this? Subnautica in VR sounds scary AF.

On 10/16/2020 at 5:19 PM, hagmania said:

Super Giant, creators of Bastion and other great games, has done it again with Hades. Very engrossing roguelike action dungeon crawler. Anyone else playing?

Are there any games that feel like a Super Giant game, but for 2-4 players co-op on iPhone?

On 10/21/2020 at 5:23 PM, E Street Brat said:

Can't you buy and download this from PSN? 

I played it from scratch a few months ago... the initial nostalgia is great, but quickly wears off. 

Watch Dogs: Legion - Anyone read anything about this game? Apparently you can play from a bunch of different characters? Hard to imagine before seeing it.

• Like 1

So...  got the go ahead from the wife to get a PS5.  I already knew this, but now she says I can get one for my Christmas any day now.  (I was planning to wait until Christmas or later.)

All preorders are gone.  Do I have any hope of getting a PS5 on release day?  

What should my strategy be?  

There's a Sam's a few miles from my house, show up there on release day when the store opens?  (WalMart is also an option, as is Target.)

Strange twist of fate, release date is the Day after Veteran's Day, which I have off.  Because of COVID I still have a ton of vacation, so had already scheduled a 5-day weekend with the release day on day 2 of 5.  

On 10/23/2020 at 12:08 PM, Brony said:

Can't you buy and download this from PSN? 

I played it from scratch a few months ago... the initial nostalgia is great, but quickly wears off. 

I'm a pc guy, with no other with no other platforms. I was recently looking through my old PS2 games, and have a few I'd like to re-play. 

I just ordered a PS controller so I can joins PSN for some other Sony exclusives,  Days Gone, Last of Us.  and the older GTA games. But I didn't see Scarface on the PSN lineup, and would love to give that game another play, 

8 hours ago, whoknew said:

Watch Dogs: Legion - Anyone read anything about this game? Apparently you can play from a bunch of different characters? Hard to imagine before seeing it.

I saw some gameplay and some info when this was first announced maybe under a year ago. It looks pretty good. Basically you have every citizens info and depending what kind of skills they offer you do tasks to recruit them. If successful they join your hacker group and you can use them. It's similar to GTA 5 how you switch from different characters. 

5 hours ago, Poke_4_Life said:

So...  got the go ahead from the wife to get a PS5.  I already knew this, but now she says I can get one for my Christmas any day now.  (I was planning to wait until Christmas or later.)

There's a Sam's a few miles from my house, show up there on release day when the store opens?  (WalMart is also an option, as is Target.)

Strange twist of fate, release date is the Day after Veteran's Day, which I have off.  Because of COVID I still have a ton of vacation, so had already scheduled a 5-day weekend with the release day on day 2 of 5.  

If you go to gamestop like 3-4 days after the initial release you might get one. They only hold the preorders for like 48 hours or something. I would double check but thats usually how they did pre orders for everything. Not sure system wise if they give you a bit longer. Go around and check like Best Buy and other retail places that sell them and ask what their pre order rules and how long someone has to claim it. After that expiration date its usually first come first serve. You are probably SOL till after Christmas though. I'm waiting till spring to get one as thats when my one buddy is waiting right now 

5 hours ago, Poke_4_Life said:

I posted this earlier in the thread, but the Twitter feed @IGNDeals tweets out when PS5s are available. I set it up so that I get an alert whenever there's a tweet from that handle. Not sure if there have been any PS5s available in a while, though. You might get lucky closer to launch. 

So CoD came out with a new game and yes there's a campaign. It's about the Cold War. Finally again not something futuristic as those games to me got boring fast. I grew up on Old School COD, Medal of Honor WW2 games. Enjoyed ModernWarfare 1 and 2 but since Black Ops the games got way too crazy and futuristic they were becoming non belieablable. This one takes place between 1968-81. Nov 13th release

CoD Cold War Reveal Trailer

PS + had Vampyr on the free this month. I played it but quit halfway through. Not because I didn't like the game though. I liked the storyline and the Vampire parts but the combat and dumb ways you died were just annoying. you can play the game different ways not killing citizens or killing them but killing them you risk not getting info you need for rewards or power ups and can effect the district. You play as a dr and can create medication to help the citizens you meet. However the one way to play is by draining their blood and killing them for skill pmts that help you level up which I went with. The other way is a normal ranking system but the other one unless you drain people's blood you might be a level 19 fighting level 29 enemies which gets difficult. I first thought of redoing the game the other way of ranking up but a lot of the tasks became tedious and constant after awhile. There's scripted dialogue but they have a convo system where you pick and a choose what to ask. Good concept except it's very too reliable on you picking the actions instead every other sentence of the convos. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

PS + had Vampyr on the free this month. I played it but quit halfway through. Not because I didn't like the game though. I liked the storyline and the Vampire parts but the combat and dumb ways you died were just annoying. you can play the game different ways not killing citizens or killing them but killing them you risk not getting info you need for rewards or power ups and can effect the district. You play as a dr and can create medication to help the citizens you meet. However the one way to play is by draining their blood and killing them for skill pmts that help you level up which I went with. The other way is a normal ranking system but the other one unless you drain people's blood you might be a level 19 fighting level 29 enemies which gets difficult. I first thought of redoing the game the other way of ranking up but a lot of the tasks became tedious and constant after awhile. There's scripted dialogue but they have a convo system where you pick and a choose what to ask. Good concept except it's very too reliable on you picking the actions instead every other sentence of the convos. 

Thanks for posting this.  I just finished Ghost of Tsushima over the weekend and I'm kinda planning on starting Vampyr this weekend as something to hold me over until the next gen arrives.  I haven't done much research on this game so I wouldn't have known about the different approaches to playing -- gonna bleed those folks dry now.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, phandango said:

I posted this earlier in the thread, but the Twitter feed @IGNDeals tweets out when PS5s are available. I set it up so that I get an alert whenever there's a tweet from that handle. Not sure if there have been any PS5s available in a while, though. You might get lucky closer to launch. 

I read from a 'red bullseye' employee that they will be getting some on launch day (not preorders) and will put them up online available for curbside beginning at midnight on release day.  They are doing this because they don't want people lining up during COVID.  

My tentative plan is to try that approach at midnight and also check w/ one of the nearby Sam's folks closer to launch day.  I tend to go in there a lot, so they may remember/recognize me and let me know.  

Not a huge deal if I don't get one on 11/12, but it would be nice.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Thanks for posting this.  I just finished Ghost of Tsushima over the weekend and I'm kinda planning on starting Vampyr this weekend as something to hold me over until the next gen arrives.  I haven't done much research on this game so I wouldn't have known about the different approaches to playing -- gonna bleed those folks dry now.  

Theres a setting before you get into the campaign of game on what ranking system you want. Also you need to be at a certain Mesmerize level to even drain a citizens blood. The more people you talk to the more info you get. People have hidden discussions you can unlock the more you talk to people. Like I said the system of talking is tedious and there's more button pressing then I think is necessary. I went into the game not doing much research. Just remember hearing about the game before it came out and it didn't interest me as a must buy but if I could get it cheap or free eventually I'd try it. Depending how you play it you get different outcomes to different situations. This isn't to ruin it but depending how you play it a certain scene involving your mother is much different. The ending is the same but your reputation depending on actions change. 

I like the Vampire concept more than many people who are into the whole zombies thing. There needs to be more on Vampires. Stupid movies like twilight I think killed the momentum of the cult/following Zombies have thanks to shows like Walking Dead and such. I probably enjoyed Underworld trilogy more then most. I want more games and movies with Vampires because I've never been interested in Zombies.  

22 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

I read from a 'red bullseye' employee that they will be getting some on launch day (not preorders) and will put them up online available for curbside beginning at midnight on release day.  They are doing this because they don't want people lining up during COVID.  

My tentative plan is to try that approach at midnight and also check w/ one of the nearby Sam's folks closer to launch day.  I tend to go in there a lot, so they may remember/recognize me and let me know.  

Not a huge deal if I don't get one on 11/12, but it would be nice.  

If the guys who worked at my local game stop were still there including both my old bosses I'd be definitely doing this. I don't go in there usually at all anymore and everyone there now is very new. I think only one guy who isn't there all the time knows my old friends. The one guy I personally know randomly works there once or twice a week don't see him much. Usually see him at big midnight releases if they have them. 

For the people getting a PS5 at launch, what game do you want to play?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MTskibum said:

If I could somehow get my hands on a PS5 -- which I've been wildly successful at doing so far -- I would all-in on Demon's Souls on day one.  That will undoubtedly be the first game I pick up when I get a new console.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

If I could somehow get my hands on a PS5 -- which I've been wildly successful at doing so far -- I would all-in on Demon's Souls on day one.  That will undoubtedly be the first game I pick up when I get a new console.

Literally the only game I wanted to play on the PS4. I borrowed one and played it. 

Might have to do it again down the line. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22

I'll probably just upgrade witcher to start. Haven't ordered a game yet. Only got about 1/4 way through

• Like 3

Cyberpunk, Spiderman (new and old), FIFA21 :bag:.

I've had a 4k TV for almost two years, I'm just looking forward to a game truly being able to use it.  

Sure, several of them display in HDR now.  But most of them make my PS4 (not pro) sound like a B1 flying overhead, so I don't usually use HDR now.  

My living room setup also requires I use Wi-Fi, so I'm also looking forward to a better Wi-Fi connection.  (I do run a physical CAT6 cable when downloading a new game.)

1 hour ago, belljr said:

I'll probably just upgrade witcher to start. Haven't ordered a game yet. Only got about 1/4 way through

is the upgrade going to be ready to go at release?  Never heard a date on that.

On 10/22/2020 at 3:13 PM, VandyMan said:

Did you ever do this? Subnautica in VR sounds scary AF.

Nope. I ended up selling my O Rift for $100 more than I paid for it. It was wonky on my MSI laptop, even though the laptop is VR ready. So I sold it to pay for a PS5 at launch.

4 hours ago, MTskibum said:

Spiderman: Miles Morales. 

Just finished Days Gone last night. Good, but not great. Never truly pulled me in. I'll play the sequel when/if it comes out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MTskibum said:

I'd just upgrade Fifa and Madden and get AC Vahalla. 

1 hour ago, ShamrockPride said:

Just finished Days Gone last night. Good, but not great. Never truly pulled me in. I'll play the sequel when/if it comes out.

Would you recommend it? Its on PS Now. 

On 10/16/2020 at 4:19 PM, hagmania said:

Super Giant, creators of Bastion and other great games, has done it again with Hades. Very engrossing roguelike action dungeon crawler. Anyone else playing?

On 10/21/2020 at 8:24 AM, hagmania said:

This is hands down my GOTY. Replayability level is 14/10.

Picked this up a few days ago - it’s incredible. When they get cross saves figured out I’m going to buy it again on PC, they deserve all the money for this one.

Never played a roguelike before, always seemed like it’d be more frustrating than anything else, but I actually look forward to dying sometimes so I can get back to base and interact with the NPCs. 

I think I’m on my 11th or 12th escape attempt. I’m getting to Megaera every time now but have not come close to beating her. Am I really bad? I don’t think I quite understand the whole boon system and what I should be choosing when I get the gifts from Olympus just yet. Trying to avoid tutorials or tips videos. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Tick said:

is the upgrade going to be ready to go at release?  Never heard a date on that.

You know what, I just assumed it would be, I should probably check on that :bag::lol:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

I recommend it.  Really enjoyed it.  Early on there's some parts that get hard/lengthy.  It gets easier later on.  Get through the grind and enjoy the story.  

21 hours ago, IvanKaramazov said:

Not only is it the only game I'd be interested in so far, it's the only one that has impressed me graphically. Was planning on waiting to pick up PS5 but Demon's Souls looks so damn good. 

There hasn't been a lot new I've wanted to play until recently, now it's exploding.  

Been playing Mario 3D All-stars and Avengers.  Beat the main story on Avengers.  

I'm REALLY excited for Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Spiderman Miles Morales.

21 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Yeah for sure. Still a very interesting story and the gameplay is fun. If you complete all the side quests/storylines you definitely get your money's worth.

I have no idea why people are even interested in the PS5. Xbox already has the superior online service and now they have a far superior machine and it’s not even close. 

Sony is still the master of lies and propaganda. Lol at their computer sims, advertising multi platform games as if they’re exclusive and fake screenshots have been their method of success for a decade. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22

And we're off.  Didn't even make it to release day

So what's the killer ap that's supposed to sell these new consoles?

13 minutes ago, TLEF316 said:

So what's the killer ap that's supposed to sell these new consoles?

Ap?

7 minutes ago, TLEF316 said:

game.

Has any system had a killer game at launch?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

I have no idea why people are even interested in the PS5. Xbox already has the superior online service and now they have a far superior machine and it’s not even close. 

Sony is still the master of lies and propaganda. Lol at their computer sims, advertising multi platform games as if they’re exclusive and fake screenshots have been their method of success for a decade. 

Why do you care what people like. Get whichever one you want. 

1 hour ago, belljr said:

Has any system had a killer game at launch?

The original Halo?  Didn't have a PS1 at launch so I don't know what they had.