What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Android apps (1 Viewer)

What's the best way to clean up the phone? Seems i have a lot of random crap that i don't know if i need.

Mostly com.google/Android/Motorola and moto... Files. Hesitant to delete too much, but don't think i need them.
back it up, perform a factory data reset, set it up again with only what you need this time.

What's the best way to clean up the phone? Seems i have a lot of random crap that i don't know if i need.

Mostly com.google/Android/Motorola and moto... Files. Hesitant to delete too much, but don't think i need them.
back it up, perform a factory data reset, set it up again with only what you need this time.
Basically, if i want to keep my music, that's easy. Otherwise everything else seems reloadable.

Thanks, was thinking there might be another way.

Anyone know of a good Pedometer App? I don't need a lot of fancy features or shmoozy looking interfaces. Accuracy & simplicity are my primary needs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know of a good Pedometer App? I don't need a lot of fancy features or shmoozy looking interfaces. Accuracy & simplicity are my primary needs.
Runkeeper if you are looking for something while walking outside. Simple to use and stores your activities for you.

Been using Noom Walk for about 2 weeks now. Seems accurate, not a lot of bells and whistles, but it keeps your daily total and history.

What is the consensus on the best "Lost Phone" app?

I would like to be able to locate and/or remote wipe a lost phone. Seems like all of them bundle with what I consider to be unnecessary security features.

I have no complaints with Cerberus. You may also want to check out the free version of Lookout, which has a lot of the same features.

ETA: I just checked out the Android Device Manager from Jaysus's link. It looks like it fits the bill as well.

I'm looking for a true cross-platform music solution that does not necessarily rely on my stuff being stored in the cloud.

By that I mean I have a library of music files and playlists. If I make any changes to the file (tags, etc) or playlists those changes are automatically (or at least easily) reflected on my computer and my phone. I do not want to continuously stream off the cloud if possible (too slow between songs) and want to be able to access everything offline from each device.

Currently I just store my library in dropbox (using media monkey as the player on Windows and PowerAmp on Android) which works well for only having one library, and changes in tags, etc being reflected automatically in both places. However, keeping playlists synced up has proven to be a major pain in the butt.

I've considered Amazon Cloud Player but it seems like it wants everything to be stored on the cloud so I'm not sure how easy that would be to manage (would I have to constantly manually download stuff to my computer and phone to get them stored locally?).

Has anyone found a good solution to this?

Just got the Galaxy S5 and moving into the Android space from iOS.
What made you switch?
He wanted a better mobile experience?
He bought a Samsung
Shouldve went Nexus 5, for a true Android experience... but a good start regardless.
I'm waiting for the Nexus 6. By the time it comes out, my now stock GS3 will finally have the 4.4 OTA update.

What made you switch?
He bought a Samsung
Shouldve went Nexus 5, for a true Android experience... but a good start regardless.
I'm waiting for the Nexus 6. By the time it comes out, my now stock GS3 will finally have the 4.4 OTA update.
love rolling with 4.4.2 kit kat on the N5

main reason I went w Nexus line, aside from the phenomenal price - immediate updates.

What made you switch?
He bought a Samsung

main reason I went w Nexus line, aside from the phenomenal price - immediate updates.
If it had a removable battery and SD slot it would be a perfect device. Until then I'll deal with not having the latest updates.

What made you switch?
He bought a Samsung

If it had a removable battery and SD slot it would be a perfect device. Until then I'll deal with not having the latest updates.
Then you're not getting the full value of your Android device, despite the removable hardware. That's the difference between and iOS device and Android. I want the latest firmware and software. I'm barely on 4.3, and 4.4 is coded to run even on older devices than mine. I don't care for Sammy bloatware. I slows my device down. I stopped rooting and slapping ROMs and kernels on it because it got old fast. It's a lesser device with stock OTA period.

What made you switch?
He bought a Samsung

Then you're not getting the full value of your Android device, despite the removable hardware. That's the difference between and iOS device and Android. I want the latest firmware and software. I'm barely on 4.3, and 4.4 is coded to run even on older devices than mine. I don't care for Sammy bloatware. I slows my device down. I stopped rooting and slapping ROMs and kernels on it because it got old fast. It's a lesser device with stock OTA period.
I dont understand a word you just said.No need to dumb it down for me. All I said was Nexus would rule if I could buy a spare battery and expand the memory. I stick by my story.

I dont understand a word you just said.No need to dumb it down for me. All I said was Nexus would rule if I could buy a spare battery and expand the memory. I stick by my story.
The better mobile experience is getting the full value of the device and it's operating system. Which means if you're barely on 4.3 without the latest firmware, you're not getting the better mobile experience.

What made you switch?
He bought a Samsung
Ummm yeah thats what he said.
You said he wanted a better mobile experience.
And he got one by switching from Apple to Android. Why are you having such a hard time with this?

What made you switch?
He bought a Samsung
And he got one by switching from Apple to Android. Why are you having such a hard time with this?
the nerds are trying to say it's not really an android experience if you aren't on a true native android device....God forbid

What made you switch?
He bought a Samsung
the nerds are trying to say it's not really an android experience if you aren't on a true native android device....God forbid
It's still good... but Im not a huge fan of Samsung's touchwiz launcher...

Then again, I didnt know I wasnt a huge fan until I went to vanilla android on Nexus. You'll love your phone. Trust me.. Give it time

What made you switch?
He bought a Samsung
It's still good... but Im not a huge fan of Samsung's touchwiz launcher...

Then again, I didnt know I wasnt a huge fan until I went to vanilla android on Nexus. You'll love your phone. Trust me.. Give it time
huh... i went from Motorola RAZR to a note 3 and own a nexus tablet. I like the note 3 the best :shrug:

What made you switch?
He bought a Samsung
Isn't Samsung known as cheap plastic made for teenagers?
Not at all

It's known as the biggest/best Android phone maker, giving Apple a run for its money in the mobile market

Samsung upped their game across all their products around 2011

17seconds said:
RBM said:
Wingnut said:
drummer said:
Wingnut said:
RBM said:
Ignoramus said:

What made you switch?
He bought a Samsung
Not at all

It's known as the biggest/best Android phone maker, giving Apple a run for its money in the mobile market

I'm considering jumping to Windows or Android so I'm doing some research, and I'm seeing a lot of the cheap, plastic talk with Samsung. I really just need to see for myself.

17seconds said:
RBM said:
Wingnut said:
drummer said:
Wingnut said:
RBM said:
Ignoramus said:

What made you switch?
He bought a Samsung
Not at all

I'm considering jumping to Windows or Android so I'm doing some research, and I'm seeing a lot of the cheap, plastic talk with Samsung. I really just need to see for myself.
I had an S3 and never once thought it felt cheap. Is it plastic? Yes. But I definitely didn't think of my phone as feeling lor looking cheap.

17seconds said:
RBM said:
Wingnut said:
drummer said:
Wingnut said:
RBM said:
Ignoramus said:

What made you switch?
He bought a Samsung
Not at all

I think Samsung's phones do look cheap with all that plastic. However, I do think that's a trade off for having the removable battery and also a high level of durability. I find my Samsung phones to be by far the most durable out of all the phones I've ever owned.

17seconds said:
RBM said:
Wingnut said:
drummer said:
Wingnut said:
RBM said:
Ignoramus said:

What made you switch?
He bought a Samsung
Not at all

I think Samsung's phones do look cheap with all that plastic. However, I do think that's a trade off for having the removable battery and also a high level of durability. I find my Samsung phones to be by far the most durable out of all the phones I've ever owned.
Good point. I dropped my S3 a few times and never had it break on me.

prosopis said:
Ignoramus said:

I bought one as well. Have you received yours yet? My card was billed so I believe that means mine was shipped. Would love to have it by Saturday.
:yes: I got it yesterday.

:lmao:

Never thought I'd unleash all that... I really switched due to the device. The iPhone screen is just too small for me compared to some of the other phones out there. The fact that the Galaxy 5S is waterproof and has a removable battery titled me in its direction. Complaints that it wasn't a "big enough" upgrade over prior versions didn't really matter to me since it's all new to me.

Never thought I'd unleash all that... I really switched due to the device. The iPhone screen is just too small for me compared to some of the other phones out there. The fact that the Galaxy 5S is waterproof and has a removable battery titled me in its direction. Complaints that it wasn't a "big enough" upgrade over prior versions didn't really matter to me since it's all new to me.
I'm upgrading soon, let me know what you think of the S5.

Don't sweat it. The hardcore Android nerds are worse than iNerds sometimes. Not everyone needs to root or flash roms or whatever they think makes a "true experience."

It's going to be a fine phone and I will probably be upgrading my S3 for it soon. I'm eligible now but want to wait a bit to see if there is a drop in price or more details about a prime edition that was rumored.

I'm staying one model behind. In a few weeks I'll pick up an S4 on eBay and sell my S3 to cover most of the cost, like I did when I bought my S3 and sold my S2.

Total cost to upgrade will be around $100 and I'm not tied to a contract.

belljr said:
Wingnut said:
drummer said:
Wingnut said:
drummer said:
Wingnut said:
RBM said:
Ignoramus said:

What made you switch?
He bought a Samsung
What I'm saying the difference is between an iPhone and the many Android devices: one device get's the latest OS, while many devices don't. That's not getting the full value, if say you're still on 4.2.

The RazorM when first shipped had Jelly Bean before the GS3.

I'm staying one model behind. In a few weeks I'll pick up an S4 on eBay and sell my S3 to cover most of the cost, like I did when I bought my S3 and sold my S2.

Total cost to upgrade will be around $100 and I'm not tied to a contract.
FYI the Nexus 5 is $349 from the google play store - no contract

That's what makes the phone so amazing. $600+ phone quality, 300$ price tag

Google eats money on these phones.. no reason at ALL to stay "behind"

Users who are viewing this thread