What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Android apps (4 Viewers)

Have you Textra guys tried the new google messenger?

I went over to textra when I started having MMS issues w 8sms... and liked it.

then went over to Google messenger, and cant see myself going back to anything else.
Hangouts? Tried it, didn't care for it. My gmail account is my junk mail account and my phone was getting over-run with stuff from the account that I never use. If gmail was my primary email account, I could see it working out better. If Messenger is something different than Hangouts, how is Messenger better/different than Textra? Looks almost identical based on screenshots in the Play store.
google updated their messenger app and it is it's own messenger suite that is separate from hangouts which couldbe used as your messenging app.I would imagine the difference is no ads... textra has to make money somehow and google doesn't make any money from messenger
I've never seen an ad in Textra.
how do they generate revenue?

I like the new messenger app, the ads on my preview text app was a PITA.
x2

Textra was great when I used it, but I had problems sending pics/video via text in that app (Had to play around with settings alot as sends would fail due to file size limits that seemed to change like a moving target). Google Messenger is clean and everything just works, no complaints.

Any suggestions on free video player? I'm looking for one that plays HD, no or little ads, and is easy to use.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread