What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SO, The Sons of Anarchy moved in next door (1 Viewer)

KGB

Footballguy
I live in a VERY normal suburb. like beaver cleaver 2024.

It's been a few weeks... loud MC around 6AM, but not too bad. imo, just going to work.

decided to go say hi, in a friendly way. IMO, friendly was is to bring 2 beers. and offer one. im not a bad *** but im not ned flanders either.
They were in the garage. girl 2 was getting her head shaved into mohawk. ok. just odd timing maybe. 2 bikes in garage. nice garage/tool boxes/etc actually nice set up.

as I walked up and announce " Hi!. Im you neighbor" no one really made a move. So, I decided to walk to garage. didnt enter. annouced again, hi, Im ***** and live "there"
"just wanted to say hi"

Pretty much ignored....

Went in for the handshake. boom. handshaked the leader. We will call him "Charlie" . for reasons....
pretty much everyone ignored me.

did the handshake with everyone else. all were kind. but not nice.

Charlie made the prospect pick weeds in front of me as a show of power.

not sure what to do. they leave me alone, I should probably leave them alone, but in a way, I want to invite them over for smores. just for fun/

Actually. maybe im the *******. I was going to mess with them with kindness just to mess with them. but, they told me they had been there for quite awhile. ive never had an issue.

The more I think about it. They havnt done anything. maybe they just want to be left alone.

The power stucture was ODDDDDDDD!!!!

Good news is I dont think you have to worry about being robbed. I would just ignore. You dont want someone like that knowing you well enough to ask a favor.

I make it a point to not know my neighbors more than the occasional wave. The last thing I ever want to do is have to talk to someone when I'm leaving or coming home. Dreadful. :-)

Rather not know them. My now ex wife made friends with our prior neighbors and every time I’d go outside one of them would come running over. F that.

giphy.gif

Ignore until you hear gunshots.

I lived in a neighborhood were the developer went bankrupt about 2/3rds of the way through the build out. Made for an interesting place. Anyhow, this was right around 2006-2007 and the housing market was starting to tank hard. All the stupid loans people got that weren't qualified for them started to come due and people were literally walking away from their homes. This neighborhood was close, meaning homes were right next to each other. Neighbors on either side of me and across the street simply left and bailed on their homes. they eventually went HUD and the folks that moved in were...special. One moved next to me was a drug dealer that just trashed the house. Front door was always open so I walked over to tell dude his door was open and do the neighbor thing. Think Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket right before he eats lead, that look. That's the look I got. Never talked to the guy again.

Users who are viewing this thread