What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (10 Viewers)

Took a Mad Men break last night and watched some Trainspotting. Still love that movie. I just can't watch the crib scene, I look away until she is asking for a hit of heroin.
Great movie. That baby gives me nightmares.
Just watched Trainspotting...disturbing crib scene. Couldnt imagine what it would have been like if I did know ahead of time :shock:
Am I the only one who laughed when the baby showed up during the detox scene?
Detox scene, I laughed but the crib scene, I cringe. I can't even watch that scene ever again.

Took a Mad Men break last night and watched some Trainspotting. Still love that movie. I just can't watch the crib scene, I look away until she is asking for a hit of heroin.
Great movie. That baby gives me nightmares.
Just watched Trainspotting...disturbing crib scene. Couldnt imagine what it would have been like if I did know ahead of time :shock:
Am I the only one who laughed when the baby showed up during the detox scene?
Detox scene, I laughed but the crib scene, I cringe. I can't even watch that scene ever again.
The baby didn't bother me nearly as much as the #### all over the breakfast table.

Just noticed that The Fighter is now available on instant streaming.

This is noteworthy, because you often need to rent the DVD if you want to see a big movie.

This is noteworthy, because you often need to rent the DVD if you want to see a big movie.
Yep, I was really surprised by that. Good flick, but I didn't like it as much as the critics seemed to.

The Thing is still pretty great.
:thumbup: I can watch this one every time it's on.
It's like Predator: I will never tire of watching this movie. The Thing is one of the top five greatest horror films of all time.
Agreed. I am trying to be optimistic about the remake.
I will likely see it, but it's being sold as a prequel. Problem is, the trailer is selling the movie as a strict remake.

Brother's Justice

I have a huge soft spot for mockumentaries, and Dax Shepard is definitely someone I can relate too. This is an ultra, ultra, light version of I'm Still Here, sans the drugs, hookers, and acting. The premise is Dax Shepard quitting comedy to become a International martial arts movie star. It's basically Dax filming himself hanging out with his buddies. No real effort is given here, and when they do try to create conflict, it is horribly, horribly contrived. That said, I enjoyed it for what it was. It's a huge step down from the Christopher Guest stuff, which sets the bar for the genre, but it does have some big names hamming it up as themselves and everyone is having a good time.

Highlight is the 5 minute "rough cut" ending of the actual "Brothers Justice" movie. A western that's "Deadwood meets Karate Kid meets Back to the Future". It's basically Shepard and Tom Arnold acting like they are making a movie in 8th grade history class facing off against Bradly Cooper and David Koechner. The Favreau cameo had me rolling too.

It's funny, just not that funny. Worth watching if you are into mockumentaries.

2.5/5

Saw it before, but watched it again and I think I liked it better than the first time around.Great, great flick. Lots of emotion surrounding the almost sedate lead character.

Yep, I was really surprised by that. Good flick, but I didn't like it as much as the critics seemed to.
Haven't seen it yet, though Bale is reason enough to give it a shot.
Don't get me wrong - it's a good movie IMO and Bale is great.

'Ministry of Pain said:
For the record, I have really been enjoying the old Star Trek episodes and am thinking about loading up the ST-NG in the que.
I finally watched the end of Voyager. I watched that show for the first 5 seasons then gave up. Never saw how it ended. Now that Ive seen it I feel complete but underwhelmed by the last episode.

'Brady Marino said:

Saw it before, but watched it again and I think I liked it better than the first time around.Great, great flick. Lots of emotion surrounding the almost sedate lead character.
Looking forward to seeing it.

Almost through The Randy Savage Ultimate Collection.

Brings back memories of my childhood when I used to love wrestling. Has alot of Randy Savage's matches over the years.

Just watched Fearless Freaks last night.

Great doc on the Flaming Lips that was released in 2005.

All of these guys are a little bit whacked in their own special way and once you're introduced to their families, you'll understand why. But each of them come off as genuinely nice guys that seem to be impossible to dislike.

13 Assassins is now streaming (Takashi Miike). Watched about 2/3 of it last night. Good stuff.
I saw this last night. Netflix has exposed me to several good foreign films I would have never seen otherwise. I didn't find 13 Assassins to be anything remarkable but it's certainly entertaining. I had a hard time following the start, and I didn't really know what the hell was happening for a while, but things fell into place as the story progressed. The second half of the movie is one giant bloodfest that you can just sit back and enjoy.

13 Assassins is now streaming (Takashi Miike). Watched about 2/3 of it last night. Good stuff.
I saw this last night. Netflix has exposed me to several good foreign films I would have never seen otherwise. I didn't find 13 Assassins to be anything remarkable but it's certainly entertaining. I had a hard time following the start, and I didn't really know what the hell was happening for a while, but things fell into place as the story progressed. The second half of the movie is one giant bloodfest that you can just sit back and enjoy.
Pretty much agree on all accounts. Started slow, really progressed, and the long fight scene at the end was awesome. Solid flick.

Started catching up on Mad Men season 4, wasn't sure how I liked it the first few episodes but it is outstanding now. Way better than season 3 so far (maybe because there's a lot less Betty.)The Hooker that Draper keeps ordering in the first 3 episodes of season 4 is the same actress that played Spartacus' wife which was discussed at length earlier in this thread. :thumbup:
I'm halfway through season 3, during season 2 I started fast forwarding through all Betty Draper scenes that involved only her and people outside her immediate family.She drains all the life out of that series.The Kennedy episode (The Grown Ups) is a perfect illustration of how she ruins the show, very compelling to see how the characters react to Kennedy's assassination as it unfolds, then we have to suffer through 5-10 minutes of Betty Draper standing in front of the TV, whining that she doesn't love Don anymore and when she kissed him yesterday, she felt nothing.I wish she would get in a car with an inebriated Ted Kennedy....

Started catching up on Mad Men season 4, wasn't sure how I liked it the first few episodes but it is outstanding now. Way better than season 3 so far (maybe because there's a lot less Betty.)

The Hooker that Draper keeps ordering in the first 3 episodes of season 4 is the same actress that played Spartacus' wife which was discussed at length earlier in this thread. :thumbup:
I'm halfway through season 3, during season 2 I started fast forwarding through all Betty Draper scenes that involved only her and people outside her immediate family.She drains all the life out of that series.

The Kennedy episode (The Grown Ups) is a perfect illustration of how she ruins the show, very compelling to see how the characters react to Kennedy's assassination as it unfolds, then we have to suffer through 5-10 minutes of Betty Draper standing in front of the TV, whining that she doesn't love Don anymore and when she kissed him yesterday, she felt nothing.

I wish she would get in a car with an inebriated Ted Kennedy....
:rant: How about a spoiler alert next time?

Started catching up on Mad Men season 4, wasn't sure how I liked it the first few episodes but it is outstanding now. Way better than season 3 so far (maybe because there's a lot less Betty.)

The Hooker that Draper keeps ordering in the first 3 episodes of season 4 is the same actress that played Spartacus' wife which was discussed at length earlier in this thread. :thumbup:
I'm halfway through season 3, during season 2 I started fast forwarding through all Betty Draper scenes that involved only her and people outside her immediate family.She drains all the life out of that series.

The Kennedy episode (The Grown Ups) is a perfect illustration of how she ruins the show, very compelling to see how the characters react to Kennedy's assassination as it unfolds, then we have to suffer through 5-10 minutes of Betty Draper standing in front of the TV, whining that she doesn't love Don anymore and when she kissed him yesterday, she felt nothing.

Are you serious?Here are some more spoilers for you, you know Martin Luther King Jr, and Bobby Kennedy? They get killed in the 1960's too.

The Cuban missile crisis.....it get's resolved.

Bay of Pigs......FAIL!

I won't spoil the Vietnam "conflict" for you....HINT, it gets bigger.

Are you serious?Here are some more spoilers for you, you know Martin Luther King Jr, and Bobby Kennedy? They get killed in the 1960's too.

The Cuban missile crisis.....it get's resolved.

Bay of Pigs......FAIL!

I won't spoil the Vietnam "conflict" for you....HINT, it gets bigger.
Guess I don't need to watch the rest of the show now.

Rewatched some stand-up comedy last night, I have already mentioned it before, but Bo Burnham's "Words Words Words" is really really funny. Surprised the guy is just now 21 years old.

Also watched a ton of Bill Hicks that is streaming as well, nothing needs to be said here. You will either love him or hate him, but you should watch him.

"The Expendables" is streaming. Watched it last night. As a child of the 80s, I wanted to really like this movie. The concept is genius, but the execution is crap. Anyone in here could have written a better script.

The Return of the Pink Panther

Watched this with my son. This was one of my favorite movie series as a child, and I still love it. Peter Sellers is hilarious.

I watched Nightwatch last night. Russian vampire/fantasy/horror movie from a few years ago. First movie in a trilogy I think. It was interesting and different and held my attention. I'd recommend it if you are a fan of that type of movie.

Some that have popped up this week:

Dazed and Confused

Airplane!

Kung Pow: Enter The Fist

a bunch of MST3K

Big Trouble in Little China

I finally watched Firefly and thought it was great. Too bad we only got 1 season.

I also watched The Wire (not available on streaming for some reason) and it was phenomenal TV!

I could go and sift through the 40+ pages, but does anyone recommend any documentaries that are on Netflix right now?

I could go and sift through the 40+ pages, but does anyone recommend any documentaries that are on Netflix right now?
I just watched The Pixar Story, pretty interesting.The Thin Blue Line and The Life and Times of Hank Greenberg are all-time classics that I think are on there.Netflix streaming is great for documentary lovers. The Nat Geo stuff alone could entertain me for weeks.

I just watched The Pixar Story, pretty interesting.The Thin Blue Line and The Life and Times of Hank Greenberg are all-time classics that I think are on there.Netflix streaming is great for documentary lovers. The Nat Geo stuff alone could entertain me for weeks.
Saw "The Pixar Story", I really enjoyed that.I will check out the other 2 on there, completely agree though that the documentary section is outstanding (whereas the Comedy section does not have alot of quality choices)

I Think We're Alone Now is amazing. :thumbup:
That looks pretty depressing. Although I do totally understand being obsessed with Tiffany.
Totally.True story: my 5th grade boyfriend, Cooper Jones, and I would take turns calling the radio station every night and dedicating that song to each other. One time, we even got Couple of the Week. It was a really nice time in my life.

I Think We're Alone Now is amazing. :thumbup:
That looks pretty depressing. Although I do totally understand being obsessed with Tiffany.
Totally.True story: my 5th grade boyfriend, Cooper Jones, and I would take turns calling the radio station every night and dedicating that song to each other. One time, we even got Couple of the Week. It was a really nice time in my life.
:lmao: We would have made a great couple...of course I was in college when that song was out.

'Slider6 said:
I finally watched Firefly and thought it was great. Too bad we only got 1 season.I also watched The Wire (not available on streaming for some reason) and it was phenomenal TV!
Check out the movie Serenity then. It basically continues the Firefly story and brings it to an acceptable conclusion.

Users who are viewing this thread