What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (11 Viewers)

I have all Tarantino movies on Netflix in my queue and Jackie Brown is being removed soon - only available until 9/1/15.

I Agree with the recommendation of These Final Hours.

Watched the first episode of Narcos last night. I wanted to like it. There's potential there with the actors and subject matter for sure. The narration was a bit too much though. Does that lessen as the show progresses?
Yes, it does considerably. I binge-watched the entire season. I liked it quite a bit. Don't know how they are going to stretch an entire second season out of it, considering it's historic context and where they left off at the end of the season.

Kundo: The Age of Rampant

Chinese film about a revolt against local corrupt government officials. Subtitled.

Great music score, great action. Fun martial arts film

These final Hours

Writer-director Zak Hilditch's thought-provoking screenplay -- and a stellar performance from young Angourie Rice -- make These Final Hours worth watching, even if its end-of-the-world premise is overly familiar.

81 % approval on rotten tomato

I loved this movie from start to end

Two flicks:

Snowpiercer- liked a lot, somewhat dopey plot/background but well done.

Get the Gringo- mel returns in his normal smart ###, bad ### role aka lethal weapon. Good movie for killing an hour and 40 mins, recommended
Yes I enjoyed both. Get the gringo was a flashback to older Gibson films like Payback. Enjoyable.
Another recommendation for Snowpiercer. If you like post-apocalyptic movies you will like this one.

I started Narcos last night intending to watch one episode before bed, but ended up watching four episodes in a row until 2 AM. It's definitely entertaining television. I recommend.

Finally started watching Luther this week. Idris Elba is phenomenal in this show. Really enjoying it, though you get the double-edged sword that is British TVs really short seasons.

The Babadook was very good. Definite must see.
One of the better "horror" movies I've seen in awhile.
Much better than "It Follows"
OFFS, both movies were very creative and good. Neither was Much Better than the other.

The boy actor alone in the Babadook was enough to bring it down to It Follows (if nothing else was). I found myself rooting for Mr. Babadook to shut him up permanently.

Finally started watching Luther this week. Idris Elba is phenomenal in this show. Really enjoying it, though you get the double-edged sword that is British TVs really short seasons.
very under rated actor IMO
I hadn't seen him in anything other than the Thor movies before this.

Was already digging the trailer for Beasts of No Nation but now I'm really looking forward to it's release. I think he's also the main villain in the next Star Trek movie as well.

Was already digging the trailer for Beasts of No Nation but now I'm really looking forward to it's release. I think he's also the main villain in the next Star Trek movie as well.
Wat? You're not familiar with Stringer Bell? If not, you're in for many hours of good viewing.

Walking Boot said:
igbomb said:
JoeSteeler said:
igbomb said:

This is a crime. You don't deserve to be here. Just go.
Ah yeah, The Wire. Heard he was in that and no I haven't seen it. My viewing selection is pretty much limited to what is streaming on netflix.

Hear it's good though.

Walking Boot said:
igbomb said:
JoeSteeler said:
igbomb said:

This is a crime. You don't deserve to be here. Just go.
Ah yeah, The Wire. Heard he was in that and no I haven't seen it. My viewing selection is pretty much limited to what is streaming on netflix.

Hear it's good though.
nominated for understatement of the year. It's streaming on Amazon. Watch it, love it, fear Baltimore even more.

Scoresman said:
It Follows is way better.
I liked the concept but just couldn't get into the characters.
The concept is what made it so good. It was terrifying imagining what you would do in such a helpless situation, knowing that you could buy time but never really be safe. And it worked so well in film, because all they needed to do was have someone in the background walk towards the girl to elevate tension.

Babadook, on the other hand, was basically another boogeyman haunted house movie with the tired "but was it really haunted" trope tacked on.

Longmire Season 4 is now available on Netflix. The trailer looked good. I'm going to binge-watch it this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Longmire Season 4 is now available on Netflix. The trailer looked good. I'm going to bing watch it this weekend.
I'm kind of interested in this one. Has anyone in here been watching?
Watched the first three seasons on pay tv and it was good. Some nice mystery aspects to the individual episodes and overall plot arc and a fresh perspective being out in the country with the native american angle.

Probably the number one complaint was that the main character is too much of a badass. There are episodes where you buy it, and other episodes where you kind of roll your eyes a little. Its really cool netflix picked it up since it was cancelled after a major cliffhanger. So stupid A&E cancelled it so they could make more cheaper, fake reality tv as it actually had good ratings.

There's a thread devoted to it I think.

seen 1st two episodes of Narcos, will continue
Same. I am really enjoying it.
same.
this has been really good. Decent productino all the way around- acting, writing, direction,etc. I'm enjoy the historical aspect- I knew a little bit about Escobar and I remember the 80s and cocaine (but totally forgot about the "looming threat" of communism), but if what's depicted is remotely close to the reality....daaaaammmn. insane times down there.

I watched the documentary United States vs. James J. Bulger, it was ok and I wanted a little more whitey history before Johnny Depp's Black Mass comes out. I'm not sure if it was that I was tired and hungover from all of the weekend football but I fell a sleep half way through and missed a half hour of it. The FBI comes across as el diablo in this, it was definitely worth a watch.

Looking for suggestions on movies to show my kids (5 & 7) that are currently streaming. Looking for old 80's/90's movies, stuff like Goonies, Karate Kid, Ghostbusters, Star Wars, etc.

Any of those streaming right now?
The Secret Of Kells is a stunning film, and I think that's still streaming.

How to Train Your Dragon 2 is also excellent.
is Iron Giant on there?
It is on DVD.
the Iron Giant is returning to theaters for a short run as a special edition. I'm planning on taking my kids (7 and 9)...they've seen it before.

http://www.fathomevents.com/event/the-iron-giant-signature-edition

Users who are viewing this thread