What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (18 Viewers)

Anyone have any sci-fi recommendations for Netflix?
Movie or show?
Either. I loved Firefly and there are a lot of movies I like. I am having a hard time finding things that are good that I haven't seen.
Have you seen Black Mirror?

Snowpiercer?
I have seen Snowpiercer but not Black Mirror. I will check it out.

I have seen some of Battlestar Galactica from watching a friend's DVDs years ago. I will add that to my queue too.

Started a couple of new shows yesterday:

Bojack Horseman - A couple of chuckles but no real laughs. I might give it another shot but that first episode was not good.

Narcos - Really good start. Please tell me the voiceover was just to get the viewer up to speed.
Give Bojack a real chance. It's a character development story...Not a sit-com. You are going to find yourself caring about what happens to all of the characters, especially in season two.
Bojack Horseman is brilliant and hilarious.

I really liked Broadchurch. It's sorta like a British The Killing. Some of the police work seem shoddy, but I'm pretty much always in for David Tenant. Really heart-breaking roller coaster ride with watching a family deal with their 11 year old son being murdered.

I really liked Broadchurch. It's sorta like a British The Killing. Some of the police work seem shoddy, but I'm pretty much always in for David Tenant. Really heart-breaking roller coaster ride with watching a family deal with their 11 year old son being murdered.
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the show and recommended it to lots of people but must say I am surprised at the love it is getting.

Mainly because I thought the show was designed in a hokey style.

Each week it was, lets focus on 1 person, make them appear to be the killer and in the last few minutes we exonerate them. Again, I really enjoyed the show but when I watching it I thought to myself many people aren't going to like this setup. This week, it's a show about the priest and how he was the killer....nope...next week it was a show about the old man from the store and how he is the killer....nope.....next week it was a show about the dad and how he was the killer.....nope....etc. I would have guessed lots of you folks disliked it for that reason alone but glad you all like it

Last edited by a moderator:
Movie or show?
Either. I loved Firefly and there are a lot of movies I like. I am having a hard time finding things that are good that I haven't seen.

Snowpiercer?

I have seen some of Battlestar Galactica from watching a friend's DVDs years ago. I will add that to my queue too.
Pi

The Colony

Europa Report

Dark Skies

Any of the Star Trek films/shows

Equilibrium

The Lazarus Effect

Primer

2001:ASO

Movie or show?

Snowpiercer?

Pi

The Colony

Europa Report

Dark Skies

Equilibrium

The Lazarus Effect

Primer

Thanks. I will check out the ones I haven't seen yet.

Movie or show?

Snowpiercer?

Pi

The Colony

Europa Report

Dark Skies

Equilibrium

The Lazarus Effect

Primer

Not all great...but IMO even mediocre sci-fi is better than a lot of stuff.

Movie or show?

Snowpiercer?

Pi

The Colony

Europa Report

Dark Skies

Equilibrium

The Lazarus Effect

Primer

For something a little different I really enjoyed Farscape. It's cheesy as hell sometimes but it really grew on me, I liken it to Buffy the Vampire Slayer in space. It had a similar sense of humor mixed in with some very dark moments. It's also a Brian Henson (Jim Henson's son) deal and his production team handles all the creature effects.

Not sure it's on Netflix though.

Movie or show?

Snowpiercer?

Pi

The Colony

Europa Report

Dark Skies

Equilibrium

The Lazarus Effect

Primer

For something a little different I really enjoyed Farscape. It's cheesy as hell sometimes but it really grew on me, I liken it to Buffy the Vampire Slayer in space. It had a similar sense of humor mixed in with some very dark moments. It's also a Brian Henson (Jim Henson's son) deal and his production team handles all the creature effects.

Not sure it's on Netflix though.
it is...all four seasons. haven't watched this, will give it a shot.

comfortably numb said:
PatsWillWin said:
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the show and recommended it to lots of people but must say I am surprised at the love it is getting.

Each week it was, lets focus on 1 person, make them appear to be the killer and in the last few minutes we exonerate them. Again, I really enjoyed the show but when I watching it I thought to myself many people aren't going to like this setup. This week, it's a show about the priest and how he was the killer....nope...next week it was a show about the old man from the store and how he is the killer....nope.....next week it was a show about the dad and how he was the killer.....nope....etc. I would have guessed lots of you folks disliked it for that reason alone but glad you all like it
Finding season 2 difficult to get into.

Amazon Prime Hijack

Season 1 of Catastrophe was very good. Plenty of laugh out loud moments and great chemistry between the leads.

6 episode season kept me wanting more though

comfortably numb said:
PatsWillWin said:

Did you watch The Killing? That's more or less how The Killing went. It is formulaic and I never actually thought that the priest or the father was the killer, so in that sense it was a waste of time, but I guess I enjoyed the show for reasons that had very little to do with the actual answer to the mystery. Actually, truth be told, the killer was a little arbitrary and uninteresting to me, it was more watching the family go through it all I guess.

I know it's been mentioned and there is a separate thread on it but "Making a Murderer" is really good.

Up to the 8th episode.

Earth 2. Cheesy '90s series. Only 21 episodes. Clancy Brown is a lead character & Terry O'Quinn (John Locke) is in a handful of episodes. Oh, and Tim Curry.
Do not watch if you like "closer".. they canceled it during the off season and thus no "closer"... one of the few shows my wife & I both liked and then cancelled :rant:

Earth 2. Cheesy '90s series. Only 21 episodes. Clancy Brown is a lead character & Terry O'Quinn (John Locke) is in a handful of episodes. Oh, and Tim Curry.
Do not watch if you like "closer".. they canceled it during the off season and thus no "closer"... one of the few shows my wife & I both liked and then cancelled :rant:
The series never got a proper wrap-up, but the episodes stand on their own. Each is a self-contained story.

Found a blog that compares E2 with Lost. Lot of reaching but interesting nonetheless.

The Marco Polo origins short, One Hundred Eyes, was pretty good. Glad they focused on one of my favorite characters. I can't wait to watch Marco Polo S2.

However, Jessica Jones sucked. Daredevil it is not. I couldn't make it through more than a couple of episodes before removing the series from my queue.

Peep Show: Hilarious awkward comedy from the UK which is sort of like the original Office meets the Odd Couple (but not so different). #### cracks me up. Just as I was composing this, this part came on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09l0CGQ8WM0

Peep Show is a crappy name for it, but I guess it because of the 1st person camera thing they do. It's kind of unique and makes for some interesting cinematography moments.
I'm about 5 episodes into the first season and love it so far. Thanks for the rec.
:thumbup:

Glad you gave it a chance.

The clip I posted prob isn't the best, it just happened when I was composing the post and I LOL'd and I had a feeling someone would have made a clip of it, so I searched it.

If you like awkward/cringe comedy and/or shows where you end up disliking every character (yet love them) give it a shot... each season is like 6 episodes and there's like 8 or 9 of them.
We're on season 3, now. Still hilarious if not even moreso.

I think if you ever imagined what it would be like if a raunchier Flight of the Conchords banged the "good" years of the Office and had a kid, it might look something like this show. But their thoughts as they observe events or, especially, examine their own behaviors take it up an extra notch beyond that.

The Marco Polo origins short, One Hundred Eyes, was pretty good. Glad they focused on one of my favorite characters. I can't wait to watch Marco Polo S2.

However, Jessica Jones sucked. Daredevil it is not. I couldn't make it through more than a couple of episodes before removing the series from my queue.
:shock:

Loved it myself and can't wait for season 2..

:shock:

Loved it myself and can't wait for season 2..
that opinion puts anything Styley writes in doubt.

Binge-watched iZombie this past week. I had been intentionally ignoring it while on TV. Nothing great but it was a surprisingly enjoyable watch.

Now watching Orange is the new black, finally.

Users who are viewing this thread