What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (16 Viewers)

Watching a movie on Showtime called Mob Town. It's about a big mob get together in a small town in  New York in 1957. Movie is ok. Collection of cars is awesome.

Is Brittania S2 available anywhere?
Not that I could find unless you do  the torrent thing maybe?

Epix will serve as the new Stateside home for the UK fantasy drama Britannia, rerunning Season 1 on Sunday, Aug. 2, before premiering Season 2 on Sunday, Oct. 4. Epix — which grabbed the Britannia baton from Amazon — will also be the exclusive U.S. home for Season 3, now in production.

Last edited by a moderator:
brun said:
Watching a movie on Showtime called Mob Town. It's about a big mob get together in a small town in  New York in 1957. Movie is ok. Collection of cars is awesome.
I caught a few minutes of that last week just because I wanted to see how Jamie-Lynn Sigler looked and did in a role other than Meadow Soprano.  Could only take a few minutes, as the film was dreadful.  Then again, when David Arquette is listed first in the casting, there's no way it won't suck big time.

Giving Outer Banks a try. Probably better than I thought it would be so far but I can’t get past that it isn’t even shot in OBX? WTF. Why not call it Hilton Head? The actual Outer Banks would of been a way better location. 

Ozark is filmed in Georgia. 
Here’s sort of a weird one...

Most of “There Will Be Blood” takes place in a fictional California town called Little Boston...a speck in the middle of nowhere sitting on a  vast fortune of untapped oil.  Little Boston was based on a few different places in western Kern County but mostly Taft (also the setting for “The Best Of Times”).

PT Anderson and crew actually visited Taft and other locations/museums before shooting the film.  

Then they shot the movie in Marfa, Texas.  The two locales look almost exactly alike.

Taft is also less than 2 hours from Hollywood.

I never could figure that out.

Watched The Old Guard on Netflix last night....solid.  I think they did a good job with it.

Stay after the credits run.  There's a scene that makes you think there will be a sequel at some point.

I'm trying to get into Warrior Nun, but it's been pretty bad IMO.  The main character is basically an 8 year old in a 20 something year old's body (and it's a great body).  She doesn't have any idea about the world at all and takes nothing seriously.  I'm several episodes in and it's become annoying.

I'm trying to get into Warrior Nun, but it's been pretty bad IMO.  The main character is basically an 8 year old in a 20 something year old's body (and it's a great body).  She doesn't have any idea about the world at all and takes nothing seriously.  I'm several episodes in and it's become annoying.
:shrug:

I enjoyed the show.  

I'm going to give it more time.  Some of the reviews I read say that it gets better in the last couple of episodes.
Its not the most intellectually challenging show - but decent plot, decent action, a little intrigue.

(and I think even the writers thought the main character was a little annoying with a few inside jokes about her never shutting up by the end of the season)

I'm going to give it more time.  Some of the reviews I read say that it gets better in the last couple of episodes.
Hopefully not a spoiler but it does get better when she does start taking things seriously. Just adding I had said one of the things I liked was she wasn't a badass right from the start considering where she starts from. 

Its not the most intellectually challenging show - but decent plot, decent action, a little intrigue.

(and I think even the writers thought the main character was a little annoying with a few inside jokes about her never shutting up by the end of the season)

It reminds me of Wu Assassin. Same level of entertainment. Not going to win all the Emmy Awards, but entertaining enough.

Giving Outer Banks a try. Probably better than I thought it would be so far but I can’t get past that it isn’t even shot in OBX? WTF. Why not call it Hilton Head? The actual Outer Banks would of been a way better location. 
Just started watching this,  3 episodes in and not terrible.  

Just started this. Wow, really puts you in the period, even with the opening title card. Love it. 
this thread doesn’t disappoint. Perry Mason is good

ETA: although John Lithgow’s character is ridiculous

Just binged Servant. Not the best show but Toby Kebbell and Rupert Grint were phenomenal and it was beautifully directed by M Knight.

I guess I'll start Umbrella Academy Season 2. The first season was ok.

holy #### ...this "Last Narc" documentary is crazy. 

captivating story of a DEA agent that captured, tortured and killed by the Mexican cartel ...in Mexico as told by the people involved ...on both sides.

But then it really gets good, when the lead DEA investigator uncovers the CIA's deep involvement with the cartels in the buying/distribution of cocaine in order to fund the contras against the Soviet/Cuban backed Nicaraguan government.  

fascinating ...and sickening at the same time ...

I’ve been watching Those Who Can’t on Hulu (I guess it was on TruTv previously). Raunchy comedy about high school teachers. The four lead characters....3 dudes and a chick...are strikingly similar to the Always Sunny group. 

holy #### ...this "Last Narc" documentary is crazy. 

captivating story of a DEA agent that captured, tortured and killed by the Mexican cartel ...in Mexico as told by the people involved ...on both sides.

But then it really gets good, when the lead DEA investigator uncovers the CIA's deep involvement with the cartels in the buying/distribution of cocaine in order to fund the contras against the Soviet/Cuban backed Nicaraguan government.  

fascinating ...and sickening at the same time ...
Same guy/story that's in Narcos Mexico?

Doom Patrol (HBO Max) would normally be too weird for my taste, but there are some decent performances and Brendan Fraser is hilarious.

Have you ever forgot about a series you liked then discovered a while later there are more seasons available to stream?  Just did that with Brockmier.  I only ever watched the first season.  Happy day.  :D  

Have you ever forgot about a series you liked then discovered a while later there are more seasons available to stream?  Just did that with Brockmier.  I only ever watched the first season.  Happy day.  :D  
Meh....you'll wish you didn't watch the rest

Season 2 was decent

I'm watching Love on the Spectrum and enjoying it. :bag:

Michael might be one of the unintentionally funniest people in earth. Part of me suspects that he's actually an actor.

Users who are viewing this thread