What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official National Signing Day thread*** (1 Viewer)

Rivals team rankings are up:

1. Texas - Total commits: 23 The Longhorns check in at No. 1 and have done so numerous times over with years with early commitments and a nearly full class by the end of the summer. But can Texas hold off the competition until Signing Day? Texas has by far the most four-star commitments with 16 and has met almost all of its needs.

2. Alabama - Total commits: 17 Nick Saban is no stranger to winning recruiting titles and he certainly has a chance to surpass Texas to take another one. Saban already boasts two five-star prospects, tied with Florida State for the most.

3. LSU - Total commits: 17 Les Miles is under the gun for both on-the-field results as well as recruiting, but the latter has been going extremely well for the 2011 class. LSU has a few too many three stars but if a few of them turn into fours and they close strong, they could be No. 1.

4. Oklahoma - Total commits: 17 Bob Stoops had a rough year on the field last season as injuries mounted, but he's having little trouble off the field recruiting. It's doubtful the Sooners can overtake Texas in the national or Big 12 rankings, but can they make it a pair of Big 12 teams in the Top 5 come Signing Day? They are the only other team aside from the Longhorns with double-digit four-star commitments.

5. Ohio State - Total commits: 17 After what was deemed by fans as a subpar recruiting year in 2010, Jim Tressel and his coaches are back with a bang. This class lacks a five-star right now but it is loaded, especially with in-state commitments. It will be hard for anyone else in the Big Ten to challenge them for the top spot.

6. Stanford - Total commits: 20 Here's the first big surprise as Jim Harbaugh has to deal with so many academic restrictions yet still puts together solid classes. This is his best effort to date and a class that could remain in the Top 10 barring any academic casualties late.

7. Florida State - Total commits: 15 Florida State recruiting never went away, but it is certainly at a higher level than it has been in previous years. Last year's class was impressive but this year's class has a chance to push near the top. With only 15 commitments, there is plenty of room to fill the class and jump some other teams.

8. Florida - Total commits: 14 The Gators are always near the top and have the fewest commitments of any program in the Top 10 so they'll make a move for No. 1 before it's over. Surprisingly, Florida does not have a five-star commitment but surely that will change.

9. Georgia - Total commits: 16 The Bulldogs have been the model of consistency over the last decade, always finishing in or around the national Top 10. However, things didn't end well in the 2010 recruiting class so a big year is a must for Mark Richt in 2011. So far so good, but they'll need some more four stars and possibly a five to stay this high.

10. Ole Miss - Total commits: 17 The Rebels are another surprise in the Top 10. Not because they haven't recruited well under Houston Nutt but because they are ahead of some major programs early on. Ole Miss could finish strong with some terrific targets left on its board, but staying in the Top 10 will be a challenge unless it pulls a few surprises.

11. Notre Dame - Total commits: 16 The first full class under head coach Brian Kelly will be of great interest to Notre Dame fans and Notre Dame haters. So far so good with a group that sits right outside the Top 10. With few slots left, Notre Dame could slide a bit as Signing Day approaches, but after a slow start this is becoming a very nice class.

12. Clemson - Total commits: 16 Dabo Swinney and his staff have done a great job early on securing key commitments, especially in Florida where two of the Tigers' top three commitments call home. Clemson has become a major player for talent in the Southeast and could push FSU for the top class in the ACC.

13. USC - Total commits: 11 Lane Kiffin and company have limited scholarship numbers so it will be interesting to see how high their number goes this year, and for the ensuing two years. USC is expected to finish at or near the top, but the scholarship limits will keep it closer to the 15-25 range.

14. North Carolina - Total commits: 17 Amid an NCAA investigation, head coach Butch Davis still has managed to put together one of the best classes in the country so far, and it could get even better. If the Tar Heels need a few of their 11 three stars to move up to four and keep some studs in state, this will be a Top 15 class in the end.

15. Pittsburgh - Total commits: 15 The Panthers are not only dominating the Big East in 2011 recruiting but they are also dominating in-state rival Penn State when it comes to head-to-head battles, something that doesn't occur often. Pitt has a chance, with a strong finish, to push toward the Top 10, unheard of by a Big East team since Miami left.

16. Nebraska - Total commits: 13 The Huskers will be taking their program to the Big Ten after this season and recruiting could shift, but for now they are killing it in the places they recruit best, such as Texas, areas of the Southeast and the rest of the Midlands. With only 12 commitments, there is plenty of room in this class and a chance to move up the charts if they finish strong.

17. Auburn - Total commits: 15 Auburn could have been categorized as the biggest surprise of the 2010 recruiting year, finishing fourth in the nation overall and ahead of the national champion Crimson Tide. But now Gene Chizik and his crew won't be sneaking up on anyone. With plenty of room left in the class, they will push Ole Miss, Georgia and possibly others in the SEC before Signing Day.

18. Texas Tech - Total commits: 19 Tommy Tuberville brings a different approach and reputation to recruiting for the Red Raiders and it's clearly working. To be fourth in the Big 12 right now in recruiting, following last year's eighth-place finish, shows marked improvement. Tuberville and his staff are backfilling 2010 while focusing on 2011 and beyond. Things are looking up in Lubbock.

19. Michigan State - Total commits: 14 That's right, it's not Michigan in the Top 20 right now but the rival from East Lansing. Eleven of the 14 MSU commitments are three stars and while they don't have any four stars yet, five-star Lawrence Thomas is a huge get. Close strong and the Spartans could be No. 2 in the Big Ten.

20. Washington - Total commits: 16 Steve Sarkisian is becoming a royal pain to USC, UCLA, Cal and others in California, while also doing a good job at keeping in-state talent at home. He's already pulled a few upsets and is holding off teams after his most coveted commitments. If he can continue to do both, a Top 25 finish is in the works.

#17 overall RB Dee Hart rumored to be flipping from Michigan to Alabama today.

Looks like a fight between Texas and Alabama for #1.

#17 overall RB Dee Hart rumored to be flipping from Michigan to Alabama today.Looks like a fight between Texas and Alabama for #1.
:wub:He already flipped from Alabama to Michigan once....go figure.
He publicly announced to UM...now he's publicly announcing the switch. I know they flip weekly as we near Feb, but two public announcements put the odds in UA's favor here I think.

#17 overall RB Dee Hart rumored to be flipping from Michigan to Alabama today.Looks like a fight between Texas and Alabama for #1.
:wub:He already flipped from Alabama to Michigan once....go figure.
He publicly announced to UM...now he's publicly announcing the switch. I know they flip weekly as we near Feb, but two public announcements put the odds in UA's favor here I think.
I don't think there is any question. With the way things are going right now, and the others interested, I am sure he's gone.

:confused:He already flipped from Alabama to Michigan once....go figure.
I don't think there is any question. With the way things are going right now, and the others interested, I am sure he's gone.
Yea...I think he's an early enrollee also...so he's going to be on somebody's campus in a month. Less time to flip from his flip.

:coffee:He already flipped from Alabama to Michigan once....go figure.
Does this mean Alabama is out of it for Isiah Crowell? Is he now a Bulldog lock?

:coffee:He already flipped from Alabama to Michigan once....go figure.
Does this mean Alabama is out of it for Isiah Crowell? Is he now a Bulldog lock?
The latest hubbub is pointing that way, yes.

:lmao:He already flipped from Alabama to Michigan once....go figure.
Should have been announced by now yes? In other news Sousa HAS decommitted, and headed to WFU....he probably wouldn't have seen the field until his senior year, so that's not as big a deal as Hart.

:(He already flipped from Alabama to Michigan once....go figure.
Should have been announced by now yes? In other news Sousa HAS decommitted, and headed to WFU....he probably wouldn't have seen the field until his senior year, so that's not as big a deal as Hart.
Hart didn't announce anything after the game, as his teammate (and Alabama commit) said he thought he would. There was someone from Michigan there, which could have influenced that....but both Michigan and Alabama recruiting analysts are saying it looks like his commitment is still up in the air.

Hart didn't announce anything after the game, as his teammate (and Alabama commit) said he thought he would. There was someone from Michigan there, which could have influenced that....but both Michigan and Alabama recruiting analysts are saying it looks like his commitment is still up in the air.
The Prospector: Dee Hart a Florida Gator? Imagine, but he has not decommitted Michigan, yet
:lmao: Saw that....so now its UM of UF. It does make sense considering this size and style (from what I've read recently) to go to an offense more open.

The Prospector: Dee Hart a Florida Gator? Imagine, but he has not decommitted Michigan, yet
:lmao: Saw that....so now its UM of UF. It does make sense considering this size and style (from what I've read recently) to go to an offense more open.
Who knows with these kids these days. It has to be eating the RR haters alive that kids like him want to come to Michigan because of RR. I personally don't care whether he stays or goes, but it's clear that he can bring in recruits....they just haven't been defensive recruits :lmao:

Hart is a good kid that doesn't want to disappoint anyone. He's the kinda guy that is on the verge of commiting to whomever talked to him last.

Even when he officially verballed to Michigan, I suspected it might come down to signing day and who got in his ear last.

And with Alabama practicing for their bowl game at Hart's high school, I have to imagine they will have a good shot to get him. Although if RichRod stays on as head coach, I think he's blue.

Nothing in here about today's Army All American Game? :pics:

NOTE: Michigan's class is officially a shell of itself. Frost was supposedly a sure thing and jumped ship for Auburn.

Nothing in here about today's Army All American Game? :DNOTE: Michigan's class is officially a shell of itself. Frost was supposedly a sure thing and jumped ship for Auburn.
Auburn said they dont have room for him....hopefully he re considers...
Yeah, similar situation with OU is the only bad part of UT's meltdown this year. No current scholarships for OU to dangle in front of Texas commits who may be rethinking their decision.

Nothing in here about today's Army All American Game? :tinfoilhat:NOTE: Michigan's class is officially a shell of itself. Frost was supposedly a sure thing and jumped ship for Auburn.
Auburn said they dont have room for him....hopefully he re considers...
I heard the same thing about Hart and Alabama too.....guess we'll see. Regardless, the actions of the last week and the way things have been handled so far have decommitted a sure thing. Something tells me it's gonna get worse the longer no coach is named.

updated rivals rankings

#1 Texas

#2 Alabama

#3 Florida State

#4 LSU

#5 USC

#6 Oklahoma

#7 Ohio State

#8 Oregon

#9 Clemson

#10 Auburn

#10 North Carolina

#12 Stanford

#13 California

#14 Georgia

#15 Texas Tech

#16 Mississippi

#17 Nebraska

#18 Florida

#19 Notre Dame

#20 Arkansas

#21 Tennessee

#22 South Carolina

#23 Louisville

#24 Oklahoma State

#25 Iowa

#26 Washington

#27 TCU

#28 Virginia

#29 Rutgers

#30 Boston College

#31 Utah

#32 Texas A&M

#33 Wisconsin

#34 Michigan State

#35 Virginia Tech

#36 Maryland

#37 Cincinnati

#38 Michigan

#39 Minnesota

#40 Baylor

#41 Mississippi State

#41 Southern Methodist

#43 Kansas

#44 Penn State

#45 Kentucky

#46 Illinois

#47 Missouri

#48 Arizona

#49 Miami (FL)

#50 Houston

Updated Scout Rankings

1. Texas

2. Ohio State

3. Alabama

4. Florida State

5. USC

6. Stanford

7. Clemson

8. LSU

9. Notre Dame

10. Arkansas

11. Auburn

12. Oklahoma

13. Georgia

t14. North Carolina

t14. Oregon

16. Oklahoma State

17. California

18. South Carolina

19. Washington

20. Mississippi

21. Louisville

22. Virginia

23. Florida

24. Tennessee

25. Texas Tech

26. Nebraska

27. Michigan State

28. Iowa

29. TCU

30. Boston College

31. Virginia Tech

32. Wisconsin

33. Kentucky

34. Mississippi State

35. Michigan

36. Texas A&M

37. Illinois

38. Cincinnati

39. Utah

40. Rutgers

41. Missouri

42. SMU

43. Oregon State

44. Kansas

45. Georgia Tech

46. Penn State

47. Baylor

48. Washington State

49. Maryland

50. Duke

Updated ESPN Rankings:

1. Texas

2. Florida State

3. Alabama

4. Florida

5. Oklahoma

6. Ohio State

7. LSU

8. Georgia

9. USC

10. Clemson

11. Auburn

12. Nebraska

13. Notre Dame

14. Oregon

15. North Carolina

16. California

17. Stanford

18. Arkansas

19. Louisville

20. Oklahoma State

21. Virginia

22. Washington

23. Tennessee

24. South Carolina

25. Mississippi

Average of the Top 25 from Rivals, Scout, and ESPN

1. Texas

2. Alabama

3. Florida State

4. Ohio State

5. USC

6. LSU

7. Oklahoma

8. Clemson

9. Auburn

10. Stanford

11. Georgia

12. Oregon

13. North Carolina

14. Notre Dame

15. Florida

16. California

17. Arkansas

18. Nebraska

19. Oklahoma State

20. Mississippi

21. Louisville

22. South Carolina

23. Texas Tech

24. Washington

25. Tennessee

26. Virginia

27. Iowa

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=13832096

BATON ROUGE - Jeremy Hill, 18, and Avery Tate II, 18, were both arrested today and charged with Oral Sexual Battery.

Jeremy Hill is a 4-star running back from Redemptorist who recently re-committed to LSU to play football.

The two are accused of pressuring a 14-year old girl to perform oral sex on them in the boys locker room at Redemptorist High School in Baton Rouge.

The incident allegedly occurred on the afternoon of December 7th. The incident was reported to police by school administration officials on January 4, 2011 when they first learned of the incident.

Both suspects are being booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison this afternoon.
Wow. Sad, just sad

Updated ESPN Rankings:1. Texas2. Florida State3. Alabama4. Florida5. Oklahoma6. Ohio State7. LSU8. Georgia9. USC10. Clemson11. Auburn12. Nebraska13. Notre Dame14. Oregon15. North Carolina16. California17. Stanford18. Arkansas19. Louisville20. Oklahoma State21. Virginia22. Washington23. Tennessee24. South Carolina25. Mississippi
UF is 4 here but like 18 and 23 on the others. why the big difference

Updated ESPN Rankings:1. Texas2. Florida State3. Alabama4. Florida5. Oklahoma6. Ohio State7. LSU8. Georgia9. USC10. Clemson11. Auburn12. Nebraska13. Notre Dame14. Oregon15. North Carolina16. California17. Stanford18. Arkansas19. Louisville20. Oklahoma State21. Virginia22. Washington23. Tennessee24. South Carolina25. Mississippi
Because nobody really knows what they're talking about.

So the REALLY big names left are:

Jadeveon Clowney - SoCar, Alabama...FSU could be a late longshot

Curtis Grant - UF, UNC, OSU....drops Pitt after coaching change....OSU the favorite?

Tony Seward - Clemson, FSU, Auburn, UCLA

Cyrus Kouandjio - Alabama, USC, Miami, Iowa...Alabama has the inside track after signing his brother last year

Clowney looks unblockable at the UA game.

Pretty much.

I think the big difference is ESPN has several UF signees in their top 100 that the other two don't...also Driskel is high on all, but a 5-star on ESPN.

So the REALLY big names left are:Jadeveon Clowney - SoCar, Alabama...FSU could be a late longshotCurtis Grant - UF, UNC, OSU....drops Pitt after coaching change....OSU the favorite?Tony Seward - Clemson, FSU, Auburn, UCLACyrus Kouandjio - Alabama, USC, Miami, Iowa...Alabama has the inside track after signing his brother last yearClowney looks unblockable at the UA game.
Steward sounds like he's FSU all the way. Hope I'm wrong, though.

:hot:I can't believe people pay for this stuff.

Premier said:
I can't believe people pay for this stuff.
Can't speak for ESPN...but Rivals offers other things than just recruiting rankings. Obviously live message boards (sometimes 100X the size of this one) that discuss recruiting/depth charts/gameplans/etc, ticket boards, links to live press conferences, etc. If your a big college football fan, the small amount of $ is well worth it.

So the REALLY big names left are:Jadeveon Clowney - SoCar, Alabama...FSU could be a late longshotCurtis Grant - UF, UNC, OSU....drops Pitt after coaching change....OSU the favorite?Tony Seward - Clemson, FSU, Auburn, UCLACyrus Kouandjio - Alabama, USC, Miami, Iowa...Alabama has the inside track after signing his brother last yearClowney looks unblockable at the UA game.
Steward sounds like he's FSU all the way. Hope I'm wrong, though.
The latest now is Steward had a great Clemson visit and they could be the new favorite.Clowney (and more importantly his mother) had a reportedly fantastic weekend in Tuscaloosa...we'll see if it's enough to flip from his home school.Updated rankings will be out today with 2 weeks left.For those who don't believe much in recruiting...think about how important it is to coaches. A few weeks ago Saban hired the DL Coach from Clemson, Chris Rumph, specifically because of his relationship with Jadevean Clowney.

Last edited by a moderator:
Average of the Top 25 from Rivals, Scout, and ESPN...5. USC...
Wow...this is the biggest surprise to me. I am surprised to see how well they are doing despite the NCAA sanctions.
The '10 scholarships per year' lost is just an average....it doesn't have to be 10 a year, they just need to be under a total number. So I think they are back-counting schollys that they didn't take last year when they only signed 20.They will still be in a very bad place in a few years...but this is a nice way to buffer it some.

It appears that Auburn is going to make room for Frost, so who will they reject?
I don't know what's going on there. It could have something to do with Brent Callaway, the other highly-rated RB/LB...he flipped from Alabama to Auburn a few weeks ago...but could flip back. Not sure though.

In the year 2020 the biggest debate in college football will be which was a better decade for the Noles, the 90's or the 10's. :warchant:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rivals just update for the last time before NSD. Some moves:

Got a 5th Star:

Dee Hart (Alabama), Isiah Crowell, Anthony Johnson (LSU), Sammy Watkins (Clemson), Stephon Truitt (ND), Ray Drew, Stephone Anthony, Jarvis Landry (LSU), Ishaq Williams (ND), Kris Frost (Auburn)

Lost a 5th Star:

Brent Calloway (Auburn), Lawrence Thomas (MichSt)

New Team Rankings:

#1 Alabama 21 2 14 5 3.86 2,405

#2 Texas 23 1 16 6 3.78 2,400

#3 LSU 21 3 7 10 3.57 2,115

#4 Florida State 22 2 9 11 3.59 2,077

#5 USC 25 2 9 10 3.28 2,072

#6 Oregon 21 1 10 10 3.57 1,886

#7 Notre Dame 23 2 7 13 3.43 1,874

#8 Clemson 24 2 7 12 3.33 1,871

#9 Oklahoma 17 2 8 7 3.71 1,804

#10 Ohio State 21 0 9 12 3.43 1,776

#11 Auburn 18 1 8 9 3.56 1,709

#12 California 18 0 11 7 3.61 1,655

#13 North Carolina 22 0 8 13 3.32 1,572

#14 Georgia 18 0 9 8 3.44 1,471

#15 Texas Tech 24 0 6 18 3.25 1,434

#16 Nebraska 16 0 10 5 3.56 1,414

#17 Mississippi 25 0 5 20 3.20 1,366

#18 Tennessee 21 0 6 14 3.24 1,324

#19 Florida 15 0 8 6 3.47 1,296

#20 Arkansas 28 0 6 21 3.18 1,289

#21 Stanford 18 0 7 10 3.33 1,262

#22 South Carolina 26 0 4 22 3.15 1,166

#23 Louisville 24 0 4 18 3.08 1,138

#24 Iowa 20 0 4 15 3.15 1,120

#25 TCU 23 0 2 20 3.04 1,109

:shock: The part of this recruiting class thing that gets me every year is the changing of stars depending on where the kid goes.

Users who are viewing this thread