What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's the most 'bachelor' thing you ever did? (1 Viewer)

RudiStein

*Not really a bail bondsman
Stole the idea for this thread from another forum.

Back when I shared an apartment with a couple of other guys we never bought lightbulbs. We would wait until late at night and then steal bulbs from either the complex parking structure or neighbor's porch lights.

I also remember one of my roommates buying a cheapo Hibachi knock-off, using it once, and then letting it sit on the patio for the next 6 months...with a couple of blackened hot dogs still on it.

I lived alone and had no plates. I had a pan and a fork. I ate out of the pan with my fork.

Also, once turned a shopping cart into an outdoor grill.

Oh I remember running out of toilet paper while TCB but saving the day by finding 3 or 4 fabric softener sheets in the hamper.

-Stole TP from gas station bathrooms

-Slept on a mattress on the floor

-Had the cliche cable spool and milk crates for furniture

I ran out of food. And I mean everything. I didn't even have icecubes.

I found I bag of microwave popcorn deep in a cabinet but had no microwave.

I tried to empty it into a pot and cook it.

FYI. That doesn't work. Not even if you put a little water in it. I don't know why. You would think it would.

Oh I remember running out of toilet paper while TCB but saving the day by finding 3 or 4 fabric softener sheets in the hamper.
:lmao:I also had to use napkins a few times.Threw a few 'already worn' shirts in the dryer with some fabric softener sheets (in fairness I still do this once in a while)Milk crates for shelvesReturnable beer cases for furniture. I wish I had the pic, but I build a nice "recliner" out of about 15 of them

I didn't wear anything red for about 3 years. When I got enough laundry to fill the washer, I did the whole load together.

I walked into a holiday inn once and told them i was out of towels. they gave me 4.

went home and my lack of towels problem was solved.

I've lived in my apartment for over a year and a half and I've only vacuumed once.
:thumbup:I also got so drunk one night, that I couldn't lift the lid to the toilet. The cat's litter box was right next to it, so I thought it a good idea at the time to just pee in it.That made for quite a large clump in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and my roomate had a big cardboard box covered by a table cloth instead of a table at one place.

At a different place our porch had a board that was pulled up over a cellar type thing with dirt floors so that's where we threw our beer cans out.

Would hide all the dirty dishes in the oven when girls came over.

Drove an old VW bug that could only be started by bridging the connection on the alternator with a metal object. My tool of choice was an old school potato peeler.

Desperately needed to wash some clothes. Was out of Laundry detergent so I threw a bar of soap in.

Don't do that. Ever.

Masturbate....constantly
I once lived in a corner first floor apartment. Because of it's location a lot of people would walk by it and look in so I always kept my shades drawn. One day, when I was taking a dump or something, my friend slipped a large posterboard sign inbetween the shade and the window. I couldn't see the sign, but everybody walking by could clearly read...QUIET PLEASE....

MASTURBATION IN PROGRESS

To make matters worse, I never actually walked by my own windows because of the building's entrance-exit location. By the time I actually discovered the sign my friend swore it had been up there for weeks.

Drove an old VW bug that could only be started by bridging the connection on the alternator with a metal object. My tool of choice was an old school potato peeler.
:thumbup: Had a Honda Civic CVCC with a battery that had died about 3 months before. Push started it everywhere. Always had to make sure I parked somewhere with either a downhill slope or 100 feet of clear, flat space.

My roommate had a kit that turned an old refrigerator into a keg holder - we had a fridge with a tap coming out of it in the middle of our living room.

Empty kegs used to prop up a road sign - used as a table

Bedroom walls covered with Playboy centerfolds

No computer desk - just used an old kitchen table. Why not? I ate on the couch, didn't need the table.

Once a friend of ours didn't want to wait to use the bathroom at a party, so he peed in the litter box

Poker games went so late that once the paperboy saw lights on and knocked on the door to collect. At 4:00 AM.

Apt with the walls wallpapered with old album covers stapled next to each other - check.

Cable spool as a TV stand - check.

Orange cone - check.

Neon Beer sign on porch - check.

35 gallon outdoor trashcan sans lid used as kitchen trash - check.

Bought Arby's sandwiches 10 for 10 at one time and kept them in the fridge for a week eating them daily for lunch with cold horsey sauce - check.

Volunteered to drive my buddies to dinner if they paid because all I had to my name was a gas card - check.

Tied flashlight to a ceiling fan/light that didn't work.

Ran out of TP and used a sock to wipe. Have also used parts of a phone book for this.

Anyone have a beanbag chair with duct tape on it?

Bonus if the beanbag was spot-welded to the carpet thanks to a big wad of Silly Putty?

Anyone have a beanbag chair with duct tape on it?

Bonus if the beanbag was spot-welded to the carpet thanks to a big wad of Silly Putty?
I did, but that was pre-bachelor days.I did have a lawn chair in the living room at one point, tho.

Cinder block shelves and hooch made in a garbage can (clean I think) mixed with a kayak paddle .

Users who are viewing this thread