What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tim Tebow - 8.17.21 Waived By Jacksonville (2 Viewers)

Tebow mic'ed up:

THERE'S ONLY ONE PERSON WHO CARRIES THE BALL RIGHT HERE!!!!

I don't know how you can't like the kid. Rookie, making his home debut, shakes off an early interception, leads a comeback from 17 points down at the half. In the red zone with not much time left, he demands and gets the ball and scores the winning TD.

This is the stuff legends are made of.
great video, I hadn't seen that. After watching, I'd think even Tebow haters would have to give the kid a little props for how he plays the game.still undecided on his NFL ceiling, but he's showing he's probably not gonna be the total bust that a lot of people were predicting.

Can we accept this guy is the real deal? Everyone done parroting: "he's just not an NFL quarterback". We've seen Tebow win and lead for years. As determined and focused as anyone we've ever seen and he was going to come to the NFL as a first-rounder and flop? Okay.....

Tebow is a winner.

Because the game is going on. And Tebow is playing just like he has the last couple of weeks.
nice explanation - like I said, this thread was on the front page DURING the game the last two weeks . . .
The Broncos were down 17-0 at this point last week.
Yes but his performance is the same. Some good, some bad and just a lot of young rookie growing pains.. but overall nothing really to say good or bad. And the way the Chargers are playing they may be down 20-7 at the half.. :banned:

BusterTBronco said:
Can't imagine this bodes well for the head coaching search. Who is going to want to come to Denver knowing they will be saddled with Tebow as the starter?
:goodposting:A QB can't win continuously by throwing screens most of the time and hoping your WRs make outstanding plays for you on downfield throws.

Not sure how many games he can win, but he's definitely going to be a factor in fantasy football. He is a garbage-time master.

He damn near did it again, LOL. Tebow is a rookie QB (some people seem to be forgetting that), & he'll make mistakes, but this kid is a player. That's pretty easy to see, IMO.

He's shown he's got an NFL arm (not borderline, but a strong arm), which a lot of people thought he didn't have. Just imagine how much better he'll be next season (& the year after that). :)

I don't see anything not to like. Certainly things he can improve on, but holy moly, what a monster FF prospect.

He damn near did it again, LOL. Tebow is a rookie QB (some people seem to be forgetting that), & he'll make mistakes, but this kid is a player. That's pretty easy to see, IMO. He's shown he's got an NFL arm (not borderline, but a strong arm), which a lot of people thought he didn't have. Just imagine how much better he'll be next season (& the year after that). :) I don't see anything not to like. Certainly things he can improve on, but holy moly, what a monster FF prospect.
:) he played a pretty horrible first half, but he did put Denver in position to at least have a chance to win the game at the end. Kid never gives up, that's for sure.

Certainly things he can improve on, but holy moly, what a monster FF prospect.
Without looking anything up, I bet he's been a top 2 or 3 fantasy QB over the last three-week stretch. Maybe #1.
He just won my Week 17 Superbowl for me!31.6 points!As others have said, "he's a rookie!" and he did very well for himself these last 3 weeks.He almost pulled it off again.With Elway coming on board the organization and coaching changes 2011 could be interesting.

Jesus. How many of these things are there? Combine 'em and PIN IT!!! :pickle:

Last edited by a moderator:
He damn near did it again, LOL. Tebow is a rookie QB (some people seem to be forgetting that), & he'll make mistakes, but this kid is a player. That's pretty easy to see, IMO. He's shown he's got an NFL arm (not borderline, but a strong arm), which a lot of people thought he didn't have. Just imagine how much better he'll be next season (& the year after that). :) I don't see anything not to like. Certainly things he can improve on, but holy moly, what a monster FF prospect.
One, he's not a rookie it's his second year which makes a big differenceTwo, if you really don't see anything not to like there is no way you watched that game last weekI understand he could still improve quite a bit and he does some positive things but last week left more questions than answers for me and probably anyone else that watched the game.

One, he's not a rookie it's his second year which makes a big differenceTwo, if you really don't see anything not to like there is no way you watched that game last weekI understand he could still improve quite a bit and he does some positive things but last week left more questions than answers for me and probably anyone else that watched the game.
Uh, the post you responded to is from January.

Oops.

Rotoworld:

Jay Glazer reported on FOX's pregame show Sunday that coach John Fox is revamping his entire offense to more of a college style to suit Tim Tebow's strengths.Fox is now going all-in on Tebow, acknowledging that the move to more of a Florida Gators look will either revolutionize the game or set it back years. As John Clayton suggested early in the week, the Broncos will put Tebow in the shotgun and "cover their eyes." Last week's game-plan wasn't tailored in the least to fit Tebow, so the change to a spread formation allowing him to succeed on his instincts and athleticism with screens, swings, downfield strikes and designed quarterback runs is great news for his fantasy value. It should boost Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker as well.

Where are all the Tebow supporters? This guy has had 85 minutes of wretched football and 5 minutes of good play.

This guy is total garbage.

Late 4th, the Lions will be putting their gear away and Tebow will drive them down the field vs the scrubs and the media will be back swinging from teblow. It's great.

Where are all the Tebow supporters? This guy has had 85 minutes of wretched football and 5 minutes of good play.
Pretty sure it was not Tebow giving up 200 yards through the air and 100 yards on the ground in the first half.
Look at the drives log for Denver its almost as sad as it could get. After opening drive FG, they had 6 of next 7 drives as 3 and outs with only drive not a 3 an out a 5 play drive with one first down and a punt.Putrid

everytime i look at this game on nfl.com, the lions have a new possession. cant blame the defense when the offense isnt giving them any rest time at all. tebow stinks.

On that bomb to Decker, Decker ran the wrong route and slowed up. Tebow threw a beautiful ball right on the money. Terrible route running all day.

Users who are viewing this thread