Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
oukurt

Can you negotiate with DirecTV?

3 hours ago, parrot said:

I am with Direct in Montana and we have lost our local ABC and FOX channels and I heard NBC may be next.  Is this happening elsewhere or is it a regional thing?  If the wife can't get her Grey's Anatomy I may be cancelling for real this time regardless of what they throw at me.

If I was affected by these I'd definitely call and complain. They should at least throw some credits your way.

5 hours ago, parrot said:

I am with Direct in Montana and we have lost our local ABC and FOX channels and I heard NBC may be next.  Is this happening elsewhere or is it a regional thing?  If the wife can't get her Grey's Anatomy I may be cancelling for real this time regardless of what they throw at me.

we were without the NBC affiliate in this last go around ...now we're set to lose the CBS affiliate until things get worked out.  

6 hours ago, parrot said:

Was without CBS in the Nexstar debacle for a long time.

On 9/17/2019 at 4:28 PM, apalmer said:

I was told my gc was sent 9/3 and haven't seen anything yet.

Called the AT&T Rewards line on Monday to check on this. Waited over an hour on hold. Got halfway through the tracking process and was asked for my 4-digit PIN. I told him I'd never been asked for a PIN before on any of my contacts with DTV and didn't think I had one. He says "Well, this is AT&T now and you need to give me your PIN or I can't help you." I tried the 3 PINS I normally use for such things (thinking maybe I forgot doing it) and none worked, resulting in my account being locked. He told me I'd have to go through customer service to reset the PIN because he couldn't do that. Called customer service--another 20 minutes on hold and 20 minutes to reset. Customer service woman says she'll check on my card and reports that although she can see it listed in my incentive list, she can't see it actually being rewarded, so I need to go back to AT&T Rewards. I tell her that the DTV rep told me on 9/6 that it had been mailed on 9/3 and she says "I can't see that it was mailed.  Call AT&T Rewards."   Call ATT&T Rewards again yesterday. Another hour + on hold. This time I have the PIN which I got on Monday. Rewards woman says "I don't see a rewards card in your account. How much was it supposed to be?" I tell her $200 and again explain what I was told on 9/6.  She says, "well, it wasn't sent. I'll get it moving now and you should receive it in 3-4 weeks." 

Amazing customer service.

Edited by apalmer
  • Sad 1

My experience with Winback has unfortunately been very different than others in this thread. Have been with DirecTV for 6 years total (2 years from 2012-2014, then 2015-present). Wasn't able to get the ticket free last year but was offered $60 off / month for 12 months which was enough to keep me with them.  Called ~2 weeks ago and scheduled disconnection for 9/25 after being offered only $12 / month off the ticket with no other discounts. Called Winback today (888-333-0804) and was originally offered a $200 Visa giftcard and free ticket (not Max), with the agent then looking into discounts on the Choice package / movie channels. After a brief hold, she said she had to transfer me since I live in an MDU (apartment complex). MDU department said she was wrong and they only handled setting up new service, sent me back to Winback where I was then told there were no promotions on my account. Called back a second time and was offered only a $100 gift card with no ticket or any promotions. Currently beyond frustrated after wasting an hour of my time. May try giving them another call tomorrow or Monday, but otherwise looks like I'll be going to YouTube TV. 

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:20 AM, Johnny Rock said:

I don’t want to get into all the details of the calls and time on hold but it was much worse than prior years. Suffice to say once you’ve gotten disconnected and use the WINBACK word, only the Winback Dept. 888-333-0804 can help you, which is great because they answer faster. Other depts say they can help, and you’ve reached the right VIP Dept. but it turns out they can’t.

Ultimate Pkg with 2 TVs 

ST Max Free

HBO Showtime Starz Cinemax 3 months free

$300 Visa gift card. Had to ask to up it from $200. Said he’s never given $300 before.

$50 off per month. They would not go to $60 off. First year I didn’t get at least $60 off.

Bill now $94.12. 

*Need to call to cancel movie channels and ST Max.

:blackdot:

Got an unpleasant surprise in my bill today. 

The first bill I got showed all of the discounts.  The second bill that arrived today showed no discounts - charged fully for the the 3 movie channels and zero of the $64 discount.  

After spending 45 minutes on the phone ...I was told the discounts were applied too soon - I didn't accept that but was disconnected when she put me on hold yet again.  

Gonna have to try tomorrow to get it squared away.  

I am late to the game this year because I have been dreading the call and putting it off as long as possible. (Have been playing the game for years and have gotten free ST MAX, gift card, big discounts every year. Sometimes husband and I just cancel and sign up in others persons name so as of now we did still have 12 months left on contract...yes I know that doesn't matter at all as that always goes away once you reconnect) So, after reading this year that more people having problems with getting the "deal" we set up disconnect few weeks ago to cancel at end of billing cycle month. Service cancelled as of last night at midnight. I called the win-back number tonight (888-333-0804)  We have 4 receivers Xtra package bill just went up to around $156 after first year credits expired. First lady (I think Sam but no one I talked to spoke English very well so I'm not sure)  She was fairly helpful and after explaining that we're happy to lower our package to Choice and drop one wireless box so we only have 3 total she immediately offers Free Sunday Ticket Max, $200 gift card for $72.99 month. (before taxes)  She confirms that the credit we have on account ($52.37 from the one month of ST we got charged on auto-renew before I cancelled it would still be there and no cancellation fees) I tell her (thanks to this thread) "Well a co-worker of mine who went through this recently got $300 gift card" She pauses about 10 seconds and says yep no problem, you're eligible for the $300 gift card. All in all if I could go back in time I would have taken this deal. (At this point had only waited on hold about 8 minutes to talk to someone and spent about 20 minutes with her) Well I had to push it a little more and said "well my co-worker is also only paying about $38/month plus tax for the same thing after just taking a win-back deal" So she explains that maybe the loyalty dept can add more credits and she wants to check for me. I say ok...then 15 minutes on hold then I start getting the "please hold for the next available agent" I am realizing uh-oh this isn't good. Needless to say I was then connected to cancellation-loyalty dept who had no idea what I'm talking about. I call main win-back number again---wait 10 minutes for a less helpful less english speaking person (I thought she said Paris but apparently it was Lee)...there is no record of my previous conversation with "Sam" so I start over but she can't even access my account. Says her computer needs an update and she needs to talk to a supervisor. Then of course...on hold FOREVER and finally hang up because I think we're disconnected again! I make some work calls and get a weird California number calling me so I click over and it's actually "Lee" calling me back. I think wow, this is nice for a change! She apologizes and  I start from the beginning and she quotes me $83.99 for the EXACT same deal. I tell her well...this is worse than last time I'm going to hang up with you and call right back to get someone else! She tells me to hold on she wants to help and then we get disconnected. I'm playing a drinking game at this point and pouring another drink every time I get disconnected or put on hold! I wait 15 minutes and decide to give it another try. Call same number and get "Nellie" I think and I can understand her the least of the 3. She asks how many receivers I need..I say I'll drop one so we would have 3. She immediately quotes $99.48 for choice package which is $5 off per month.  I say wait, what?? THIS is your win-back offer? $5 off month? You're kidding right? More what I'm looking for is you add a zero to that and make it $50 off/month with free ST Max and $300 gift card. She pauses for about 20 seconds and says...yeah ok no problem. Throws in movie channels for 3 months and says $74.48/month before tax. I ask for any other discounts she says I have to call loyalty dept after service is reconnected but here's the thing...she doesn't reconnect my service. Gives me a different number to call when I'm ready to reconnect (800-288-2020 and ask for the win-back dept and tell them what day to turn my service back on) Then she says after that to wait 24-72 hours for service to activate then visit www.directv.com/redeem to activate my gift card. I'm so confused...apparently I got the deal but didn't get the deal until I call back a different number. I'm exhausted and too old for this!  Oh and moral of the story is sometimes the first deal is the best...I wish I had taken door #1 as that was a pleasant call and I would have only about a half hour invested (all in all I spent about 2-2 1/2 hours on the phone with them)and would have TV back on !

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Fantasy Girl said:

I am late to the game this year because I have been dreading the call and putting it off as long as possible. (Have been playing the game for years and have gotten free ST MAX, gift card, big discounts every year. Sometimes husband and I just cancel and sign up in others persons name so as of now we did still have 12 months left on contract...yes I know that doesn't matter at all as that always goes away once you reconnect) So, after reading this year that more people having problems with getting the "deal" we set up disconnect few weeks ago to cancel at end of billing cycle month. Service cancelled as of last night at midnight. I called the win-back number tonight (888-333-0804)  We have 4 receivers Xtra package bill just went up to around $156 after first year credits expired. First lady (I think Sam but no one I talked to spoke English very well so I'm not sure)  She was fairly helpful and after explaining that we're happy to lower our package to Choice and drop one wireless box so we only have 3 total she immediately offers Free Sunday Ticket Max, $200 gift card for $72.99 month. (before taxes)  She confirms that the credit we have on account ($52.37 from the one month of ST we got charged on auto-renew before I cancelled it would still be there and no cancellation fees) I tell her (thanks to this thread) "Well a co-worker of mine who went through this recently got $300 gift card" She pauses about 10 seconds and says yep no problem, you're eligible for the $300 gift card. All in all if I could go back in time I would have taken this deal. (At this point had only waited on hold about 8 minutes to talk to someone and spent about 20 minutes with her) Well I had to push it a little more and said "well my co-worker is also only paying about $38/month plus tax for the same thing after just taking a win-back deal" So she explains that maybe the loyalty dept can add more credits and she wants to check for me. I say ok...then 15 minutes on hold then I start getting the "please hold for the next available agent" I am realizing uh-oh this isn't good. Needless to say I was then connected to cancellation-loyalty dept who had no idea what I'm talking about. I call main win-back number again---wait 10 minutes for a less helpful less english speaking person (I thought she said Paris but apparently it was Lee)...there is no record of my previous conversation with "Sam" so I start over but she can't even access my account. Says her computer needs an update and she needs to talk to a supervisor. Then of course...on hold FOREVER and finally hang up because I think we're disconnected again! I make some work calls and get a weird California number calling me so I click over and it's actually "Lee" calling me back. I think wow, this is nice for a change! She apologizes and  I start from the beginning and she quotes me $83.99 for the EXACT same deal. I tell her well...this is worse than last time I'm going to hang up with you and call right back to get someone else! She tells me to hold on she wants to help and then we get disconnected. I'm playing a drinking game at this point and pouring another drink every time I get disconnected or put on hold! I wait 15 minutes and decide to give it another try. Call same number and get "Nellie" I think and I can understand her the least of the 3. She asks how many receivers I need..I say I'll drop one so we would have 3. She immediately quotes $99.48 for choice package which is $5 off per month.  I say wait, what?? THIS is your win-back offer? $5 off month? You're kidding right? More what I'm looking for is you add a zero to that and make it $50 off/month with free ST Max and $300 gift card. She pauses for about 20 seconds and says...yeah ok no problem. Throws in movie channels for 3 months and says $74.48/month before tax. I ask for any other discounts she says I have to call loyalty dept after service is reconnected but here's the thing...she doesn't reconnect my service. Gives me a different number to call when I'm ready to reconnect (800-288-2020 and ask for the win-back dept and tell them what day to turn my service back on) Then she says after that to wait 24-72 hours for service to activate then visit www.directv.com/redeem to activate my gift card. I'm so confused...apparently I got the deal but didn't get the deal until I call back a different number. I'm exhausted and too old for this!  Oh and moral of the story is sometimes the first deal is the best...I wish I had taken door #1 as that was a pleasant call and I would have only about a half hour invested (all in all I spent about 2-2 1/2 hours on the phone with them)and would have TV back on !

Something similar happened to me last year and it was a giant PIA. Took two months to straighten out and never got a GC.  

GLFG

4 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Something similar happened to me last year and it was a giant PIA. Took two months to straighten out and never got a GC.  

GLFG

Yeah this is the first time they told me I would have to log into a website after a certain period of time, they have always been mailed to my house in the past. Also there were other weird comments like when one of the ladies told me that is was for 12 months of service only. She said this is a 12 month service period only and that after 12 months my service would automatically disconnect and I would have to call back in if I would like to continue the service past the 12 months. I'm thinking, yeah I know how this works and that is definitely not how this works! The bill is going to be about $50-$60 more in month 13

1 minute ago, Fantasy Girl said:

Yeah this is the first time they told me I would have to log into a website after a certain period of time, they have always been mailed to my house in the past. Also there were other weird comments like when one of the ladies told me that is was for 12 months of service only. She said this is a 12 month service period only and that after 12 months my service would automatically disconnect and I would have to call back in if I would like to continue the service past the 12 months. I'm thinking, yeah I know how this works and that is definitely not how this works! The bill is going to be about $50-$60 more in month 13

I quit them finally after 22 years.  Right as my last deal was up they coincidentally stopped emailing my bill which was going on my cc.  So I didn't even notice my bill went up about $60 a month for two months.  Then all they offered was free movie channels, which I would never watch, to keep me. 

first bill= -$55.07

Still waiting on gift card

My saga continues...just tried the other win-back number 855-267-4160. CSR Mark could not pull up my 8 digit account number, said it should be 9 digits and told me to call his co-worker sitting right next to him who could help me at 800-531-5000. I guess I'll try the other win-back  number again.....

1 hour ago, Fantasy Girl said:

My saga continues...just tried the other win-back number 855-267-4160. CSR Mark could not pull up my 8 digit account number, said it should be 9 digits and told me to call his co-worker sitting right next to him who could help me at 800-531-5000. I guess I'll try the other win-back  number again.....

This is by far the most ridiculous year ever doing this. Have since talked to 2 different people now quoting me $91.12/month. Walter from Guatemala initially told me $121 for tv and internet. I'm not sure where the internet came from and why he tried to throw that in. I told them that's gonna be a no from me. Finally decide to call the number the lady last night told me would be the "win-back" reconnect dept for the $74.48 rate. After another long wait on hold the AT&T billing department answered and had no idea what I'm talking about. Still on hold with her trying to get me to the right department but I'm not holding my breath. I've got about 4-5 hours at least invested in this BS now

Edited by Fantasy Girl

I'm done...3 different quotes from 3 different people today.  Submitted complaints to AT&T office and BBB. 

Got an email reminder today to return my equipment to avoid fees even though I reupped before the actual disconnect date. Called and they confirmed they see my account is active with no pending orders and can see the cancellation of the disconnect. Told me to ignore the email. I'm skeptical that I won't see another of these notices in a couple weeks trying to charge me for not returning the equipment. They really need to do a thorough audit and clean up of their processes. Pretty ridiculous.

Edited by cap'n grunge

15 hours ago, cap'n grunge said:

Got an email reminder today to return my equipment to avoid fees even though I reupped before the actual disconnect date. Called and they confirmed they see my account is active with no pending orders and can see the cancellation of the disconnect. Told me to ignore the email. I'm skeptical that I won't see another of these notices in a couple weeks trying to charge me for not returning the equipment. They really need to do a thorough audit and clean up of their processes. Pretty ridiculous.

I got the same email a couple days after my re-connect. Also got boxes delivered to use. I ignored both and haven't heard anything since.

This is it for me.  I am done after this season.  I was on hold for 1.5 hrs (thank god for speakerphone where I could just set aside until I actually heard a human being) for the reward card.  I never received the claim mailing.  THey went ahead and bypassed the claim process and are mailing it to me, should take 2-3 weeks max he said.  

I may just use the reward card to pay my ETF once the NFL season is over and cancel then....   I've never been so disgusted with a company in a long time.

If the NFL were smart, they'd veer away from DirecTv for the ST.

1 hour ago, notoriousbill said:

This is it for me.  I am done after this season.  I was on hold for 1.5 hrs (thank god for speakerphone where I could just set aside until I actually heard a human being) for the reward card.  I never received the claim mailing.  THey went ahead and bypassed the claim process and are mailing it to me, should take 2-3 weeks max he said.  

I may just use the reward card to pay my ETF once the NFL season is over and cancel then....   I've never been so disgusted with a company in a long time.

If the NFL were smart, they'd veer away from DirecTv for the ST.

DTV is so, so bad at actually executing what they promise.  It can't possibly be worth it to them to do it that way on purpose so I have to assume it's regular incompetence.  I will probably never be a cord cutter because I value convenience more than money, but it's not very convenient to make a call every month to figure out why the bill is wrong, you never got a GCard, free channels didn't show up, etc.  I'm considering switching next time as well.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hawks64 said:

Looks like I'll be playing the game a while longer. DTV has the NFL thru 2022 season. For some reason I thought this was the last season. So at least 3 more times doing the song and dance.

Edited by cap'n grunge

3 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

Looks like I'll be playing the game a while longer. DTV has the NFL thru 2022 season. For some reason I thought this was the last season. So at least 3 more times doing the song and dance.

Actually there is an opt out after the 2019 season, so it's a strong possibility the NFL opts out to enter the streaming market.

9 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

Dump their pathetic a ss. I dumped them back in August and I've still managed to get all the NFL games Red Zone included.

Edited by FuSchnickens

Posted (edited)
On 8/29/2019 at 2:28 PM, FuSchnickens said:

For those of you that had a deal and they it got completely hosed up I urge you to file a complaint with the BBB. I had to do it a couple of years.I received a phone call from the ATT Office of the President was able to get my deal back and then some. 

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started 

We have been turned off since Friday or Saturday morning. After numerous hours of BS followed advice from this thread and filed complaints with AT&T and BBB. Just missed a call from my case manager with AT&T Office of the President regarding this matter. What kind of deal did you end up getting as I'm going to be calling her back to see what they offer and wanted to compare....

Edited by Fantasy Girl

This headline made me laugh. "San Lorenzo Woman dies at 102, DirecTV charges early termination fee"

• Laughing 4

On 9/30/2019 at 2:44 PM, FuSchnickens said:

Dump their pathetic a ss. I dumped them back in August and I've still managed to get all the NFL games Red Zone included.

Yeah...Ive managed without the ticket this year (and still on DTV).

NFL Gamepass for $100   Yes it sucks sometimes not checking scores from 12-3...but often we have been busy around that time anyway.  About 10 after 3 I pull up the app on my apple TV and watch the game I want.  If Im busy longer and wait til around 4:30-5...I watch the condensed game in 45 minutes.

5 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Yeah...Ive managed without the ticket this year (and still on DTV).

NFL Gamepass for $100   Yes it sucks sometimes not checking scores from 12-3...but often we have been busy around that time anyway.  About 10 after 3 I pull up the app on my apple TV and watch the game I want.  If Im busy longer and wait til around 4:30-5...I watch the condensed game in 45 minutes.

No need to wait if you don't want to. I've been able to stream any game and red zone channel in real time in excellent quality.

On 9/25/2019 at 7:31 AM, apalmer said:

Called the AT&T Rewards line on Monday to check on this. Waited over an hour on hold. Got halfway through the tracking process and was asked for my 4-digit PIN. I told him I'd never been asked for a PIN before on any of my contacts with DTV and didn't think I had one. He says "Well, this is AT&T now and you need to give me your PIN or I can't help you." I tried the 3 PINS I normally use for such things (thinking maybe I forgot doing it) and none worked, resulting in my account being locked. He told me I'd have to go through customer service to reset the PIN because he couldn't do that. Called customer service--another 20 minutes on hold and 20 minutes to reset. Customer service woman says she'll check on my card and reports that although she can see it listed in my incentive list, she can't see it actually being rewarded, so I need to go back to AT&T Rewards. I tell her that the DTV rep told me on 9/6 that it had been mailed on 9/3 and she says "I can't see that it was mailed.  Call AT&T Rewards."   Call ATT&T Rewards again yesterday. Another hour + on hold. This time I have the PIN which I got on Monday. Rewards woman says "I don't see a rewards card in your account. How much was it supposed to be?" I tell her $200 and again explain what I was told on 9/6.  She says, "well, it wasn't sent. I'll get it moving now and you should receive it in 3-4 weeks." 

Amazing customer service.

FINALLY got my gc in the mail today.

• Like 1

As a Directv subscriber, can I use Chromecast to stream games from a tablet to my TV when out of town or does it recognize my ISP isn't from my home? Thinking MSG and SNY for Rangers and Mets.

Have my cancellation set up for next weekend.   I missed a call from DTV yesterday which I am sure included deals to stay.

Is there a number I should call back or do I just wait for them to call again hopefully?

23 hours ago, jamny said:

As a Directv subscriber, can I use Chromecast to stream games from a tablet to my TV when out of town or does it recognize my ISP isn't from my home? Thinking MSG and SNY for Rangers and Mets.

I think they will have location services turned on.  Not 100% sure, but thats how sunday ticket was.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 6:16 PM, Fantasy Girl said:

We have been turned off since Friday or Saturday morning. After numerous hours of BS followed advice from this thread and filed complaints with AT&T and BBB. Just missed a call from my case manager with AT&T Office of the President regarding this matter. What kind of deal did you end up getting as I'm going to be calling her back to see what they offer and wanted to compare....

What address do you use for the BBB complaint?  El Segundo?

57 minutes ago, notoriousbill said:

I'd start with El Primero.  If that doesn't work, then try El Segundo.

7 hours ago, notoriousbill said:

I submitted mine to Illinois based on their mailing address and BBB transferred it to Atlanta.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, headcrack said:

I submitted mine to Illinois based on their mailing address and BBB transferred it to Atlanta.

Mine was transferred to Atlanta as well.

My main complaint is the promised made in their Winback program.  The Rewards Card mailing never arrived, called them to confirm and they said they would mail it directly to me and to check the rewards status website for updates.  I go to the website and get the  "Sorry" message.  Honestly, it's not about the money at this point, it';s about the principle of the deal being broken.  Pisses me off.  Once the  NFL season is done, I will use the Rewards Card to pay my ETF and never go back to them.  Just not worth it....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, notoriousbill said:

Mine was transferred to Atlanta as well.

My main complaint is the promised made in their Winback program.  The Rewards Card mailing never arrived, called them to confirm and they said they would mail it directly to me and to check the rewards status website for updates.  I go to the website and get the  "Sorry" message.  Honestly, it's not about the money at this point, it';s about the principle of the deal being broken.  Pisses me off.  Once the  NFL season is done, I will use the Rewards Card to pay my ETF and never go back to them.  Just not worth it....

The "Office of the President" attempted to call me but I let it go to voicemail as I really wasn't in the mood to deal with their ####. I could barely understand the woman who left a voicemail. Since I also got an email, I replied to that stating I'd prefer that all contact be in writing to avoid any further misunderstandings. This morning I received a reply stating that she had taken care of my billing issues/missing credits. I checked my account and see that she actually did as she said. So the BBB route works but you're right, it definitely isn't worth the time and effort.

• Like 1

Just so happened I received the Rewards Card yesterday and got a call from the OOTP today....   

What a PITA....

On 10/3/2019 at 11:55 AM, FuSchnickens said:

No need to wait if you don't want to. I've been able to stream any game and red zone channel in real time in excellent quality.

How so?

3 hours ago, mmarsian said:

How so?

reddit streams I am assuming or some other link, they are out there.  I Don’t miss the ticket being my home team games are on tv anyways and I’ve streamed the red zone on my laptop every week so far.  

10 hours ago, mmarsian said:

How so?

NFLBite

• Like 2

Found out my DirecTV/ATT internet bill was $145 a month.  Two boxes.  I have the basic sports package is all, no NFL ticket, just cancelled HBO which I never watch to drop the price to $120.  I think I'm done with them.

Edited by Rodrigo Duterte

On 9/30/2019 at 12:44 PM, FuSchnickens said:

That's La Schmoove

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 2:14 AM, dorno said:

Yep using it to watch the Buc game right now.  No NFL network no problem.

These guys are thieves.  Still havent gotten my reward card and now they are acting like they never promised it

Could have predicted this when att took over.   

If they behave like att you actually need to cancel and get your wife or dog to sign up for the next go round.  

Or just be happy with OTA and streaming.   

40 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Could have predicted this when att took over.   

If they behave like att you actually need to cancel and get your wife or dog to sign up for the next go round.  

Or just be happy with OTA and streaming.   

I'm done with em

Cancelling today after 20 years of playing the game. I know it doesn't seem possible, but their customer service is decidedly worse since ATT took over.

All my yearly discounts end today. So I call thinking I'm tired of the game and probably just going to cancel. But I can't cancel. They say my phone number that I'm giving them is wrong. And my password is wrong. I've used both for 20 years. So I get a supervisor on the phone and he says nothing they can do. Can't cancel my service. In order to cancel, I now have to go into an ATT retail store.

So I'm done. If I don't get arrested later this morning, it will be a miracle.

• Sad 1

On 9/15/2019 at 10:20 AM, Johnny Rock said:

I don’t want to get into all the details of the calls and time on hold but it was much worse than prior years. Suffice to say once you’ve gotten disconnected and use the WINBACK word, only the Winback Dept. 888-333-0804 can help you, which is great because they answer faster. Other depts say they can help, and you’ve reached the right VIP Dept. but it turns out they can’t.

Ultimate Pkg with 2 TVs 

ST Max Free

$300 Visa gift card. Had to ask to up it from $200. Said he’s never given $300 before.

$50 off per month. They would not go to $60 off. First year I didn’t get at least $60 off.

Bill now $94.12. 

*Need to call to cancel movie channels and ST Max.

Thanks for this post and the winback number.

Disconnected yesterday.

Mine was close to this.  You did better, but Ill take it being I had to only call in two times and it was painless so far. Half hour on the phone, mosty me just sitting there waiting.

Ultimate Pkg with 3 TVs 

ST Max Free

Sports package for a year (no clue why she was so insistent I get this, I didn't even want it)

$200 Visa gift card

$50 off per month.

$105.11/Month

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 7:09 AM, notoriousbill said:

Yes, that's the one I used and then the complaint got transferred to the Atlanta office as happened with some others here. It was a bit of a pain but worked out in the end. I did end up speaking with someone from AT&T Office of the President who responded to the BBB complaint. Got the $300 gift card, ST Max, movie channels and about a $30/mo off discount for 12 months.  Monthly bill for Choice with 3 receivers approx. $91/month before tax which still wasnt as low as I wanted to be so she eventually caved and gave me an instant $300 credit to help with that.

• Like 1