What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can you negotiate with DirecTV? (3 Viewers)

I was unable to convince DTV last season to give me the sunday ticket/redzone, even with me putting in a cancellation. I cancelled the cancellation but I did not pay the extra fees. I missed it, especially with all of the darn commercials but I'm not paying that kind of money to watch football. I still haven't cancelled DTV yet but it will be coming soon.

For those interested in YTTV, this is my sports related lineup (with sports package and 4k):

nfl network

redzone

fs1 and 2

espn, espn2, espn news, espnu, espn4k

nba tv, nba tv 4k

SEC network

ACC network

3 channels for fox sports 4k

nbc bay area plus

nbc california

2 nbc california plus

3 nbc sports (2 in 4k)

i do have tnt

BIG network (4 channels)

Fox soccer plus

golf channel

4 stadium tv channels

2 fan duel channels

cnbc

motortrend

2 bein sports channels

sports grid

poker

fight

wrestling

For those interested in YTTV, this is my sports related lineup (with sports package and 4k):

nfl network

redzone

fs1 and 2

nba tv, nba tv 4k

SEC network

ACC network

nbc bay area plus

nbc california

2 nbc california plus

3 nbc sports (2 in 4k)

i do have tnt

BIG network (4 channels)

Fox soccer plus

golf channel

4 stadium tv channels

2 fan duel channels

cnbc

motortrend

2 bein sports channels

sports grid

poker

fight

wrestling
No Ballys so couldn't watch the Brewers without signing up for the POS app.

nfl network

redzone

fs1 and 2

nba tv, nba tv 4k

SEC network

ACC network

nbc bay area plus

nbc california

2 nbc california plus

3 nbc sports (2 in 4k)

i do have tnt

BIG network (4 channels)

Fox soccer plus

golf channel

4 stadium tv channels

2 fan duel channels

cnbc

motortrend

2 bein sports channels

sports grid

poker

fight

wrestling
Not sure how your market works. I am able to get my local sports via misc channels listed above (ie: giants games)

nfl network

redzone

fs1 and 2

nba tv, nba tv 4k

SEC network

ACC network

nbc bay area plus

nbc california

2 nbc california plus

3 nbc sports (2 in 4k)

i do have tnt

BIG network (4 channels)

Fox soccer plus

golf channel

4 stadium tv channels

2 fan duel channels

cnbc

motortrend

2 bein sports channels

sports grid

poker

fight

wrestling
As a Cardinals fan here in StL, Ballys sucks. I looked into what I would get with their streaming. Blues, Pacers, ACC and something else. But no Cardinals. for 20/month. NO thank you.

nfl network

redzone

fs1 and 2

nba tv, nba tv 4k

SEC network

ACC network

nbc bay area plus

nbc california

2 nbc california plus

3 nbc sports (2 in 4k)

i do have tnt

BIG network (4 channels)

Fox soccer plus

golf channel

4 stadium tv channels

2 fan duel channels

cnbc

motortrend

2 bein sports channels

sports grid

poker

fight

wrestling
As a Cardinals fan here in StL, Ballys sucks. I looked into what I would get with their streaming. Blues, Pacers, ACC and something else. But no Cardinals. for 20/month. NO thank you.
It's annoying Ballys isn't on streaming services.

nfl network

redzone

fs1 and 2

nba tv, nba tv 4k

SEC network

ACC network

nbc bay area plus

nbc california

2 nbc california plus

3 nbc sports (2 in 4k)

i do have tnt

BIG network (4 channels)

Fox soccer plus

golf channel

4 stadium tv channels

2 fan duel channels

cnbc

motortrend

2 bein sports channels

sports grid

poker

fight

wrestling
Doesn't MLB have an app?

nfl network

redzone

fs1 and 2

nba tv, nba tv 4k

SEC network

ACC network

nbc bay area plus

nbc california

2 nbc california plus

3 nbc sports (2 in 4k)

i do have tnt

BIG network (4 channels)

Fox soccer plus

golf channel

4 stadium tv channels

2 fan duel channels

cnbc

motortrend

2 bein sports channels

sports grid

poker

fight

wrestling
Doesn't MLB have an app?
it does. was nice just having it in the regular lineup. I will play with it to see if i can attain my desired shows on it.

Cheers

For anybody left that’s still doing Directv 😂 I did the annual cancel-wait-negotiate-renew a few weeks ago. Ended up sticking with DTV because of Bally’s and DVR. I looked into YTTV and FUBO but the hassle factor and delay plus little price difference didn’t push me to change.

Deal—
No contract. Cancel any time no penalty.
2-yr price guarantee (although I’ll plan to still cancel after 12 months for new gift cards. We’ll see).
Ultimate pkg - 2 tv’s + Regional Sports
Free HBO/Cinemax/Showtime/Starz/Epix - 3 months (need to cancel manually)
$200 Visa gift card
$50 one-time credit
$150/mo (after $57 in monthly discounts)

For anybody left that’s still doing Directv 😂 I did the annual cancel-wait-negotiate-renew a few weeks ago. Ended up sticking with DTV because of Bally’s and DVR. I looked into YTTV and FUBO but the hassle factor and delay plus little price difference didn’t push me to change.

Deal—
No contract. Cancel any time no penalty.
2-yr price guarantee (although I’ll plan to still cancel after 12 months for new gift cards. We’ll see).
Ultimate pkg - 2 tv’s + Regional Sports
Free HBO/Cinemax/Showtime/Starz/Epix - 3 months (need to cancel manually)
$200 Visa gift card
$50 one-time credit
$150/mo (after $57 in monthly discounts)

YTTV has a DVR, so not sure why that's a selling point for DTV. What hassle factor do you feel exists with YTTV?

And not sure how you say "little price difference". $150/mo with DTV after those discounts is still much higher than YTTV at $73/mo.

It will be crucial to see if DTV can negotiate the NFL Redzone package with the NFL prior to June 6. I've been a subscriber since '94 and I'll miss Andrew Siciliano.

YTTV has a DVR, so not sure why that's a selling point for DTV. What hassle factor do you feel exists with YTTV?
My DTV was fairly solid...every now and then a really HEAVY rain would impact it for less than a half hour. Watching YTTV will also depend on the quality of your internet...and I've got Spectrum :bored:

If I recorded my Niners game, using Double play and the previous channel button, I could quickly and easily jump between four games in an instant without missing any of the Niners action. Or I could put either 4 or 8 channels on in the mix and move the volume source. Always a great way to watch kick-offs before switching to the RZ with Andrew Siciliano. None of that is 'easily' done with YTTV.

My DTV was fairly solid...every now and then a really HEAVY rain would impact it for less than a half hour. Watching YTTV will also depend on the quality of your internet...and I've got Spectrum :bored:

If I recorded my Niners game, using Double play and the previous channel button, I could quickly and easily jump between four games in an instant without missing any of the Niners action. Or I could put either 4 or 8 channels on in the mix and move the volume source. Always a great way to watch kick-offs before switching to the RZ with Andrew Siciliano. None of that is 'easily' done with YTTV.
Gotcha.

Although, we don't know the full capabilities of their multi-view yet. Hoping that they let users put whatever 4 channels they want. If so, that will be huge.

I just cancelled DirecTV and signed up for YTTV + Sunday Ticket on the promo. Been a DTV subscriber for 12 years. When I called to cancel, I did the same thing I used to do when I'd try and get deals, but they literally offered me nothing and didn't even put up a fight. The lady just took some info and told me they'd ship me a box to send the equipment back. Zero attempt to keep me, which I found interesting.

I'm already watching CNBC on YouTube TV, and so far the interface seems nice. Assuming it works well, I'll be glad to get rid a few more electronics boxes.

I just cancelled DirecTV and signed up for YTTV + Sunday Ticket on the promo. Been a DTV subscriber for 12 years. When I called to cancel, I did the same thing I used to do when I'd try and get deals, but they literally offered me nothing and didn't even put up a fight. The lady just took some info and told me they'd ship me a box to send the equipment back. Zero attempt to keep me, which I found interesting.

I'm already watching CNBC on YouTube TV, and so far the interface seems nice. Assuming it works well, I'll be glad to get rid a few more electronics boxes.
Same here - 20+ yrs with DTV - they always would put full court press if I tried to cancel....once I said I was cancelling due to the Ticket the rep barely said a word and just cancelled - they must be bleeding out on cancels.

Like the Youtube TV so far - very easy and much more compatible with devices.

DirecTV now has their own Streaming package. However if you have DirecTV and there's a signal interruption, they ask if you want to stream the channel. Pretty nice feature.

Same here - 20+ yrs with DTV - they always would put full court press if I tried to cancel....once I said I was cancelling due to the Ticket the rep barely said a word and just cancelled - they must be bleeding out on cancels.

Like the Youtube TV so far - very easy and much more compatible with devices.

I'm curious if DirecTV is basically letting the satellite portion of their business die off. It has to be cheaper to maintain their new streaming service than it is to maintain the capital investment required for all the dishes, satellites, etc. My only question there is why they didn't at least try and switch me to their DirecTV Stream. It just feels odd for a company that used to fight so hard to keep you. I didn't even mention Sunday Ticket when I called to cancel.

DirecTV now has their own Streaming package. However if you have DirecTV and there's a signal interruption, they ask if you want to stream the channel. Pretty nice feature.

it is ...so when it was storming and my picture was going out it gave me the option

and now I don't know how to get it back to the dish option (the streaming stays at 480p) :bag: :lmao:

anyone know?

it is ...so when it was storming and my picture was going out it gave me the option

and now I don't know how to get it back to the dish option (the streaming stays at 480p) :bag: :lmao:

anyone know?
call and talk to ameshamidoopsha, who acknowledges that you are very important to DTV and he/she can definitely help you.

anyone know?
For me it just went back automatically when I changed the channel.

anyone know?

wish it would do that for me.

anyone know?

wish it would do that for me.
One time I had to turn off my controller for that particular tv and when it came back up it was normal. Other times it has seemed to transition back without me doing anything.

DirecTV signed a multi-year deal to carry NFL Network and NFL RedZone via DirecTV, DirecTV Stream and U-verse. DirecTV has not carried RedZone before.

Anyone get any pricing details or if it’s included in sports packaging?

Looks like it’s $15 a month for a sports pack. It'll be channel 211 and also includes these channels. If you have the Premium channel list you'll get it for free. I only have Choice or Extra.
Looks like I'll add this September to December for $60 total. That is assuming I'm able to play the yearly game to get my bill down.

Network HD 612 SPT
Altitude Sports HD 681 SPT
AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh HD 659 SPT AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain HD 683 SPT AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain West HD 684 SPT
AT&T SportsNet Southwest HD 674 SPT
Bally Sports Arizona HD 686 SPT
Bally Sports Cincinnati HD 661 SPT
Bally Sports Detroit HD 663 SPT
Bally Sports Florida HD 654 SPT
Bally Sports Great Lakes HD 662 SPT Bally Sports Midwest HD 671 SPT Bally Sports North HD 668 SPT Bally Sports Ohio HD 660 SPT Bally Sports Oklahoma HD 675 SPT
Bally Sports San Diego HD 694 SPT
Bally Sports SoCal HD 693 SPT Bally Sports South HD 646 SPT Bally Sports Southeast HD 649 SPT Bally Sports Southwest HD 676 SPT Bally Sports Sun HD 653 SPT
Bally Sports West HD 692 SPT
Bally Sports Wisconsin HD 669 SPT CBS Sports Network HD 221 SPT ESPN COLLEGE EXTRA 789 SPT ESPN COLLEGE EXTRA 790 SPT
ESPN COLLEGE EXTRA 791 SPT
ESPN COLLEGE EXTRA 792 SPT
ESPN COLLEGE EXTRA 793 SPT
ESPN COLLEGE EXTRA 794 SPT
ESPN COLLEGE EXTRA 795 SPT
ESPN COLLEGE EXTRA 796 SPT
ESPN COLLEGE EXTRA 797 SPT
ESPN COLLEGE EXTRA 798 SPT
ESPN COLLEGE EXTRA 788 SPT
Longhorn Network HD HD 677
1677* SPT
Marquee Sports Network HD 664 SPT
MASN HD 640 SPT
MSG HD 634 SPT
MSG+ HD 635 SPT
NBC Sports Bay Area HD 696 SPT
NBC Sports Boston HD 630 SPT
NBC Sports California HD 698 SPT
NBC Sports Chicago HD 665 SPT NBC Sports Washington HD 642 SPT NESN HD 628 SPT
Next Level Sports HD 623 SPT
Outdoor Channel HD 606
1606* SPT
ROOT SPORTS Northwest HD 687 SPT
SNY HD 639 SPT
Sportsnet Los Angeles HD 690« SPT
TUDN HD 464
1455* SPA
TVG HD HD 602 SPT YES Network HD 631 SPT

Not that anyone still plays this yearly game but just typing it here as a reminder to myself.

My $55 credit comes off 8.16.2023. I called Loyalty today to see if they have anything as I pay $111.35 a month for 2 TV's (one is 4k receiver) for Choice + 185+ Channels.
They offered $45 off for 12 months or $35 for 24 months. So my bill would go up from $111.35 to $122 ish. Nothing else was offered.

The Redzone package is in the Sports package which is $13.99 a month.

Called again. Guy said call on 8/11 he thinks they’ll be more.

Going to try again on the 16-17th range.

Last edited:
Not that anyone still plays this yearly game but just typing it here as a reminder to myself.

My $55 credit comes off 8.16.2023. I called Loyalty today to see if they have anything as I pay $111.35 a month for 2 TV's (one is 4k receiver) for Choice + 185+ Channels.
They offered $45 off for 12 months or $35 for 24 months. So my bill would go up from $111.35 to $122 ish. Nothing else was offered.

are you without Fox and NBC?

No I have both. I’m in Buffalo. Not sure that fight is everywhere.

No I have both. I’m in Buffalo. Not sure that fight is everywhere.

no, it's not - just one particular set of doosher local network owners

DirecTV signed a multi-year deal to carry NFL Network and NFL RedZone via DirecTV, DirecTV Stream and U-verse. DirecTV has not carried RedZone before.

Anyone get any pricing details or if it’s included in sports packaging?

Just got an email telling me that we will get the Sports Pack for free for six months. It's supposed to be $13.99/mo. I'm guessing that includes the Red Zone.

Called again. Guy said call on 8/11 he thinks they’ll be more.

Good to see you're still playing the game.

I will as well, since I already sprang for the stand alone Sunday Ticket offering on YTTV. Really hurt to pay for it, but since I am paying $82 per month for the XTRA pkg (235 channels vs 100 on YTTV) on last year's discounts until they expire August 20.

Would think the best case scenario this year would be the $200 gift card, significant programming credits and maybe free sports pack?

Let me know how it goes when you call again...we have to figure out if this is all still worth it without Sunday Ticket.

I know my wife will not be happy if I up and switch the whole system to YTTV just to save a few bucks per month!

The game update:

Credits wear off 8.16 or 8.17.

Called today somehow wound up in Winback and they said they couldn't offer anything but if I cancel they have options for me, guy will call me tomorrow.
He transferred me to loyalty just to see what they have. The lady (Helen) saw nothing on her end, I said weird, they told me to call back this week to see if anything was better than the $35 off they offered last week. She asked a supervisor and magically found the $35. I told them to cancel at midnight and will await to see what loads in once I'm in disconnect. She agreed that it's weird the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing.

The winback guy (Keith) said usually they see gift cards etc. (what we usually get)

I called the same number every time and said cancel. This time it was later in the day so curious how I got to winback vs loyality.
Loyality looked up the winback number for me and told me the number and it's the same i've been calling.

I called back this morning, the 888-333-0804 - I ended up in loyalty. Told them my service is turned off get me to winback please as i have a "missed call"

Winback offer:

$42.01 off for 24 months but no contract, $100 visa gift card, $30 one time credit.

I then ended up getting $200 visa gift card (that automatically comes in six weeks, no redeeming), $30 one time credit, 3 months free of Sports Pack (Redzone included) then an additional extra credit $30 to cover the last two months of Redzone.

However they can't just turn it back on, they need to send someone tomorrow to re-activate with my same equipment.

Not the greatest as I was paying $111.35 last year and it looks like $120.98 this year (less if you count some gift cards etc.)
Choice Extra with 2 TV's (one 4k)

They told me to call 9.15 and ask for loyalty discount of an extra $20-30 off a month.

Last edited:
I canceled after 20 years a few weeks ago. The transition to youtube tv has been great. Saving money and I don't really see a downfall.
I might finally do this...but I have an unusual setup, we have 9 DT Receivers...wonder if youtube TV will let me do something like that, picture a compound with lots of little tiny homes and TVs ;)

I canceled after 20 years a few weeks ago. The transition to youtube tv has been great. Saving money and I don't really see a downfall.
I might finally do this...but I have an unusual setup, we have 9 DT Receivers...wonder if youtube TV will let me do something like that, picture a compound with lots of little tiny homes and TVs ;)
You will need to pay for unlimited streams and it's 20/mth extra I believe, otherwise you are capped at 3 simultaneous streams.

You will need to pay for unlimited streams and it's 20/mth extra I believe, otherwise you are capped at 3 simultaneous streams.
I was shocked she said the 4k thing that allows you to do unlimited was only $9.99 a month. That's fantastic.

Today was the first time I've ever called DirectV and was told they had no discounts or offers for me. I haven't called in well over a year, maybe two.
Step one to cancellation was today when I reduced the package.

Same here. Called yesterday and they said all they could do was $20/ mo or reduce my package. Put in to cancel in 2 weeks, so I'll see what happens

Users who are viewing this thread