Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Casting Couch

Antonio Brown - Official Thread

Arguably the highest ceiling, highest floor, most consistent, proven track record, high character, no suspension concerns, on a great offense, top 5 QB throwing to him. IMO, that is exactly what you want in a first round pick, all the way up to 1.01.  I personally always overthink things, so there is a voice inside my head saying this is the year that he regresses.  But that is completely unfounded and based on nothing more than my own 'gut-feeling' that whenever there is a no-brainer pick, its usually too good to be true.  

14 minutes ago, unckeyherb said:

Arguably the highest ceiling, highest floor, most consistent, proven track record, high character, no suspension concerns, on a great offense, top 5 QB throwing to him. IMO, that is exactly what you want in a first round pick, all the way up to 1.01.  I personally always overthink things, so there is a voice inside my head saying this is the year that he regresses.  But that is completely unfounded and based on nothing more than my own 'gut-feeling' that whenever there is a no-brainer pick, its usually too good to be true.  

I think you'd feel worse if you went against your gut and took another player who bombed/disappointed whilst watching AB do his thing. You'd kick yourself all year. Hard to see Brown not going over 1500 yards and double digit td's barring injury to him or Ben.

2 hours ago, unckeyherb said:

agreed and I'll take Brown.  But this mostly applies to Gronk too.  Biggest difference is lineup - if you only start 1 TE this isn't much of a discussion.  If you can start multiple TE with enhanced scoring, it's close.

2 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I think you'd feel worse if you went against your gut and took another player who bombed/disappointed whilst watching AB do his thing. You'd kick yourself all year. Hard to see Brown not going over 1500 yards and double digit td's barring injury to him or Ben.

Totally.  I'm keeping him and ODB in my one keeper league.  If I was in redraft I'd take him at 1.01 all day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, unckeyherb said:

Totally.  I'm keeping him and ODB in my one keeper league.  If I was in redraft I'd take him at 1.01 all day.

:confused:  I'd love to keep two players in a one-keeper league.  Heck of a competitive advantage, there...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, unckeyherb said:

It's him or Beckham for me at 1.01. Just trying to sort out in my head whether I want the all day consistency with huge games sprinkled in or the WR that can potentially put up 15-20 td's. I don't think AB has come close to 20 but believe Beckham could if the stars align. Julio is a consideration but Matt Ryan just doesn't get it done and they don't feature him in the red zone much for some reason which I don't get, the guy is huge, fast and brutal to cover. I can recall week 1 about 3 years ago, he caught 2 td's at KC on bubble screens inside the 20, why they don't use him like that all the time is a mystery to me.

4 minutes ago, Arodin said:

:confused:  I'd love to keep two players in a one-keeper league.  Heck of a competitive advantage, there...

I assume he means he is keeping one and drafting the other with the first pick. Otherwise, I don't know. 

5 minutes ago, Arodin said:

not "my one-keeper league".  "My one keeper league," as in that one over there that isn't a redraft league but rather a 2-man keeper

Edited by unckeyherb

8 hours ago, LionOfGosforth said:

In terms of redraft, is everyone pretty much on board with this guy as number one overall? As in, to take anyone else is overthinking and outsmarting yourself? Guy put up 1800 yards last year and didn't have Ben for 4 games. In 3 of those games, he did almost nothing so 2000 yards was definitely in reach, Ben's health appears to be the only issue.

:goodposting: 

In fact, I had him as the number 1 pick last year!  So yeah, him being 1 this year is a no-brainer.  Like you said, the only concern is the health of Roethlisberger, who seems to miss a bit of time nearly every year.  Take him 1st and reap the benefits.  He is Mr. Consistency. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Faust said:

The Steelers 2016 1st round pick, CB Artie Burns, has been going up against Brown in mini-camp and training camp and has been getting destroyed.  

Maybe it isn't about how bad Burns is but how good Brown is...

5 hours ago, FUBAR said:

if he and Ben stay on the field, we'll see records fall.

Absolutely.  I said this last year but it is worth saying again.  I am not a Steelers fan but this offense is going to be really fun to watch.  Health and weed seem to derail the O but I am looking forward to seeing some serious yards and points pile up. 

Redskins RCB Josh Norman will shadow Antonio Brown for some of Monday's opener.

"It's easier to do that when a guy is in one spot all the time," Redskins DC Joe Barry said. "But we will do some (shadowing). We'll deploy a different number of players on him, but they counter-balance that just by moving him around." Brown will also draw attention from tough LCB Bashaud Breeland, but his targets are so voluminous he still has a great claim to No. 1 overall status this week.

Related: Josh Norman

Source: ESPN.com

2016 NFL MVP IMO.

He will break records as long as Ben is there 16 games.

52 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

Probably no better week to face Brown in FF....however I am sure he will still get his.

He destroys norman. If bigben dont play thats the week to face ab

Well he hasn't quite put up the video game numbers that fantasy owners hoped for/expected.  But with the Ben injury, his value is about to plummet significantly     :X

Yeah I think he sits for me this week

1 minute ago, need2know said:

Yeah I think he sits for me this week

Yeah it's tough to sit the number one overall pick in most fantasy drafts but I can't say I blame you.  Landry is hot garbage.  

1 minute ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Yeah it's tough to sit the number one overall pick in most fantasy drafts but I can't say I blame you.  Landry is hot garbage.  

He could get lots of targets i guess but hard to see a great game for him vs ne

4 minutes ago, need2know said:

He could get lots of targets i guess but hard to see a great game for him vs ne

He won't get the number of targets that he gets with Ben because they're going to have to rely much more on the run game.  I think Bell's value will still be high but all Steelers receivers should take a big hit.  At least that's what seemed to happen last year when Vick/Landry were starting.  

12 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

Time to buy in dynasty. 

I don't think anyone is selling him because he won't have Ben for one, maybe 2 games plus a bye.

The solitary Landry Jones game we got last year (where he was named the starter, prepped as the starter, and Vick didn't play), Jones was admittedly less than stellar (16-29 for 209, throwing 1 TD and 2 INTs) but Brown was the beneficiary to the tune of 6 catches for 124 yards. 

Granted, it was against a fairly bad KC team, but I'm not sure a Big Ben injury automatically necessitates benching Brown. I'll likely still start Brown over Hopkins at Denver and Diggs at Philly.

5 minutes ago, Hu-Tang Clan said:

I don't think anyone is selling him because he won't have Ben for one, maybe 2 games plus a bye.

Perhaps not, but they could well be selling because no one actually knows how long he won't have Ben for and they get a strong offer of Gurley or so.

2 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

The solitary Landry Jones game we got last year (where he was named the starter, prepped as the starter, and Vick didn't play), Jones was admittedly less than stellar (16-29 for 209, throwing 1 TD and 2 INTs) but Brown was the beneficiary to the tune of 6 catches for 124 yards. 

Granted, it was against a fairly bad KC team, but I'm not sure a Big Ben injury automatically necessitates benching Brown. I'll likely still start Brown over Hopkins at Denver and Diggs at Philly.

I came to post the same thing.   Vick was horrific for Brown, not exactly Landry. 

8 minutes ago, Hu-Tang Clan said:

Doesn't it depend on the extent of the surgery?  It could either be a "cleanup" (2-6 weeks) or a "repair" (Adrian Peterson) from what I understand.

If Ben is out for the year, Brown's dynasty value takes a significant hit.  He is 29 next year...

3 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

Doesn't it depend on the extent of the surgery?  It could either be a "cleanup" (2-6 weeks) or a "repair" (Adrian Peterson) from what I understand.

If Ben is out for the year, Brown's dynasty value takes a significant hit.  He is 29 next year...

DK Pittsburgh Sports reports Ben Roethlisberger underwent a meniscectomy Monday.

Advice: A meniscectomy is the surgical removal of all or part of a torn meniscus. The operation sounds serious, but the recovery timetable is much shorter than for a full repair. It remains possible Ben is back following the Week 8 bye. Landry Jones will start while he is sidelined.

Edited by Moonshine
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:26 AM, Hu-Tang Clan said:

I have him in redraft PPR and really thinking about trading him for a RB, as a WR for WR swap wouldn't make sense to any team. Ben being out 1-3 was a pill I could swallow. Now there are varying reports that it could be 4-6, and that's assuming no setbacks. If Ben is back in time for the playoffs then it may be worthwhile to hold. I guess it depends on what you can get for him. I put out an offer of AB straight for DeMarco and haven't heard back. If you can get someone who puts up similar points to AB, you have to consider it in redraft. AB is likely going to take a hit in points, and I don't think he has a TD in the past 2 years from a QB not named Ben.

44 minutes ago, Tommy Collins said:

I have him in redraft PPR and really thinking about trading him for a RB, as a WR for WR swap wouldn't make sense to any team. Ben being out 1-3 was a pill I could swallow. Now there are varying reports that it could be 4-6, and that's assuming no setbacks. If Ben is back in time for the playoffs then it may be worthwhile to hold. I guess it depends on what you can get for him. I put out an offer of AB straight for DeMarco and haven't heard back. If you can get someone who puts up similar points to AB, you have to consider it in redraft. AB is likely going to take a hit in points, and I don't think he has a TD in the past 2 years from a QB not named Ben.

Ben tends to always come back sooner and beat the odds and everyone praises his toughness.  Seems to happen every year.  I would hold unless blown away with an offer

1 minute ago, need2know said:

Ben tends to always come back sooner and beat the odds and everyone praises his toughness.  Seems to happen every year.  I would hold unless blown away with an offer

Yes he does and I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. But, if I could can someone producing at the same level as AB without the drop off in production while Ben is out, it makes sense to make that move.

Still starting brown.  Sure wish the first game without ben wasn't against the fing patriots

Edited by need2know

On 10/17/2016 at 8:34 AM, One said:

I came to post the same thing.   Vick was horrific for Brown, not exactly Landry. 

So far, so good.  

Yahoo alert just changed him from healthy to questionable.  Didn't get to watch the game. Did he get dinged up at the end or is this an error?

He left the game with what looked like a hamstring.  He went to the locker room but returned maybe 10 minutes later and played the rest of the game.  Looked fine to me.

AB was knee'd in the thigh and was limping.  Should be fine after the bye.