What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (5 Viewers)

BigSteelThrill said:
Deamon said:
fantasycurse42 said:
1.03 PPR

Unless Bell or AP aren't taken.
Brown > AP in PPR.

I think Charles is the only other player to consider over Brown in full PPR.
Charles needs to see a significant increase in his touches. At least from how he was utilized last year.
I'm confused... he was RB7 last year, and that's even counting in his first 3 weeks where he was hurt (scored 2 total fantasy points in those 3 weeks)

THink he had a pretty good season, and in PPR he should have a top 5 season this year.

Rotoworld:

Antonio Brown - WR - Steelers

Antonio Brown has restructured his contract.

As have Heath Miller and Shaun Suisham, clearing $6 million in cap space for the ever-needy Steelers. Brown has agreed to convert $2 million of his $8.25 million 2016 salary into a signing bonus that can be prorated over the next two years. Looking ahead, Brown might seriously consider a holdout next summer if the Steelers don't extend his team-friendly deal heading into his walk year.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

I know this may sound crazy to say but I think Abrown can improve on his numbers from last year. He went from 110 catches in 13 to 129 in 14. I think there is a real possibility for 135-140 catches 1700 yards and 16 tds which would just top his already best 25.3 ppg avg in PPR. He would go from 380 points to 410 :excited: . Avg up from 25.3 to to around 26-27 per game.

TDs are variable, but his floor is insanely high.
he is basically the uncoverable wr if their is such a thing. I know I have heard a lot of football terms and defenses ranging from 3 man zone to double cover to man to man . Their is only so many defenses you can throw out in a game/season without rewriting your whole philosophy. Brown has the uncanny ability to get open and once open he can make any catch, even the tough ones. I definately think Marvin Harrisons Rec Record could be in danger and I never thought I would say that. 120 is SUPER HIGH in this day and age even though we are in a passing league. 95 had the most productive wrs ever with Rice/moore/carter/pickens/Irvin but this guy is taking it to another level.

I know this may sound crazy to say but I think Abrown can improve on his numbers from last year. He went from 110 catches in 13 to 129 in 14. I think there is a real possibility for 135-140 catches 1700 yards and 16 tds which would just top his already best 25.3 ppg avg in PPR. He would go from 380 points to 410 :excited: . Avg up from 25.3 to to around 26-27 per game.
I mean, I love Brown-he was a major component to me winning our league last year. But to do the above he would literally need to repeat last night's performance every single week. Dude is a stud, but he's not finishing the year with 140/1700/16. 115/1400/12 would still be monstrous, btw.

I mean, I love Brown-he was a major component to me winning our league last year. But to do the above he would literally need to repeat last night's performance every single week. Dude is a stud, but he's not finishing the year with 140/1700/16. 115/1400/12 would still be monstrous, btw.
I would have said something similar last year had some clueless, pie-in-the-sky sort come in and said Brown was going to put up 129 receptions, 1698 receiving yards, and 14 total TD's.

As long as the supporting cast is not exactly sure handed he will get a lot more catches than 'normal' WR1 types

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have said something similar last year had some clueless, pie-in-the-sky sort come in and said Brown was going to put up 129 receptions, 1698 receiving yards, and 14 total TD's.
And after watching last night, he needed to be used more.

By the way, I don't remember him coming off the field in the redzone like he did last night?

This could be a completely stupid question but what happens to AB's ridiculous upside when Bryant and Bell come back into the fold? Obviously he's a monster either way but he's gonna lose at least a few looks a game right?

This could be a completely stupid question but what happens to AB's ridiculous upside when Bryant and Bell come back into the fold? Obviously he's a monster either way but he's gonna lose at least a few looks a game right?
Same as last year. #1WR in fantasy and real football. Maybe a few less looks but less attention from the D.

... he's gonna lose at least a few looks a game right?
Why would he? He averaged just over 11 targets per game last year and has had 11 in each of the first two games. (eta. and he averaged 10 a game in 2013.)

The combination of Big Ben's ability to keep plays alive and make any throw and Browns seemingly energizer bunny quality of non stop moving, running and shaking, I see no reason his streak will stop or his production will go down. I said this last year and until proven otherwise I firmly believe Brown is the best FF wr'er in the game today because he is so consistent.

In real NFL I may take JJ over him to start a team, but not by much.

The combination of Big Ben's ability to keep plays alive and make any throw and Browns seemingly energizer bunny quality of non stop moving, running and shaking, I see no reason his streak will stop or his production will go down. I said this last year and until proven otherwise I firmly believe Brown is the best FF wr'er in the game today because he is so consistent.

I think Brown is the best NFL WR easily...but JJ might have a better Fantasy year because of the offense he's run and the way it feeds his position. Also less mouths to feed in ATL and they'll be needing to pass more without a Bell in the backfield. I'm a Brown owner for the record...and in the end I think the difference will be slight but that's my gut call esp in PPR leagues.

I agree Brown will continue to dominate when Bryant and Bell come back...however there's only so much ball to go around too. At some point the attention taken off him by Bryant and other options becomes diminishing returns.

He is the best fantasy player period and the most consistent.

I know this would be almost impossible but through 2 games he is on pace for 144 catches 2624 yards and 16 tds. I think he may be the only wr I think that has a real shot at cracking 2000 yards. Julio would be another but I think he would top out at 1600-1700 at full potential. It would take a special athlete/player/route runner like Brown to try to break the 2000 yard mark and be the First WR in history to do so and end up being one of the greatest wrs ALL TIME.

Brown needs to avg 119.4 yards from here on out in next 14 weeks to Break 2,000. That is something I have been waiting to see.. Jerry Rice and Calvin were CLOSE....... but this would really be something. Alot has to go right for this to happen but I wouldn't say that it's not possible as Antonio is super consistent and may get better as season goes on.

1.03 PPR

Unless Bell or AP aren't taken.
Luckily, they were both taken :D
Yea your right about that. Brown is so far ahead of AP as far as value and worth in ppr it's not even in same ball park. Bell is a diff story as he was a total beast and should be still a beast in that offense, although DWILL looks great and Brown has already racked up 70 fantasy points through 2 games so far.

Users who are viewing this thread