What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (4 Viewers)

Myers >>>>> Amy & Tina

Tina Fey by herself was good but together they were so annoying. Myers isn't great but I get a few laughs, not so much with the guests but the actual news stories.

'kupcho1 said:
'joey said:
No love for that WU sketch with the Russian Woman from the meteor site?(from two weeks ago).
:thumbup: Big fan, as well as when she did the woman who "fixed" the painting (educational too; I never knew Jesus had shark eyes).
Agreed. She's the strangest looking woman on the show, but her characters are solid. Here's that Russian Woman sketch for those that didn't see it. Good stuff:http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-olya-povlatsky/n32901/

'kupcho1 said:
'joey said:
No love for that WU sketch with the Russian Woman from the meteor site?

(from two weeks ago).
:thumbup: Big fan, as well as when she did the woman who "fixed" the painting (educational too; I never knew Jesus had shark eyes).
Agreed. She's the strangest looking woman on the show, but her characters are solid. Here's that Russian Woman sketch for those that didn't see it. Good stuff:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-olya-povlatsky/n32901/
I think she's pretty hot, too bad she's a lesbian or I'd be sleeping with her for sure

i thought last week's episode was one of the best ones in awhile. I had never heard of the host before, but if SNL actually turned him down as a cast member, they screwed up. He was good in most skits IMO

How did they NOT have JT on weekend update? He is too good to not use there. Stefon is hit and miss, tonight was a miss.

How did they NOT have JT on weekend update? He is too good to not use there. Stefon is hit and miss, tonight was a miss.
I thought it was a better Stefon performance. Usually Hader laughs too much at what they put up on the teleprompter. Tonight was a good mix.

I thought it was a better Stefon performance. Usually Hader laughs too much at what they put up on the teleprompter. Tonight was a good mix.
"haunted diaper" might be the name of my next fantasy team. otherwise one of the weaker Stefon's.fun ep that came crashing down after Update. the filth factor went higher that last half hour than i remember seeing it, another death knell for comedy writing.

"haunted diaper" might be the name of my next fantasy team. otherwise one of the weaker Stefon's.fun ep that came crashing down after Update. the filth factor went higher that last half hour than i remember seeing it, another death knell for comedy writing.
Best episode start to finish in well ... perhaps ever. If you like haunted diapers, check the comments section for this episode on the NBC app. Apparently you can post anything on there. The Donald Duck Vietnam nightmare was also very good.

Big JT fan, but overall still pretty meh.

Really disappointed and surprised there was no digital short, which always have been the most memorable and viral parts of a JT SNL.

Big JT fan, but overall still pretty meh.Really disappointed and surprised there was no digital short, which always have been the most memorable and viral parts of a JT SNL.
If you did t like that episode, you should really just quit watching. They hit it out of the park last night.

Big JT fan, but overall still pretty meh.Really disappointed and surprised there was no digital short, which always have been the most memorable and viral parts of a JT SNL.
If you did t like that episode, you should really just quit watching. They hit it out of the park last night.
I never bother watching anymore. Tuned in specifically for the Timberlake

so they could get jay z, tom hanks, dan aykroyd, steve martin, chevy chase, paul simon, and they dug up candace bergen (i can't believe she's a 5 timer.. i forget how big she was years ago)... BUT drew barrymore and john goodman were too busy?

The Caligula sketch was a little weird but this show was easily the best I've seen in years. The Bangor, Maine sketch was great and I rarely get that deep into the show.

Maybe the new crew is getting into their groove, maybe it's JT.

I never saw an entire SNL episode before 1990 but I'm sure there were hit and miss sketches just like there are now. If those first 5 or 6 seasons were put on comedy central I'm almost sure that majority of people under 30 would say WTF is this.

If this season right now was the very first season of SNL ever, but every single thing was the same. Same actors, writers, skits, musical acts, impersonations, and there were no other shows before it or currently like it(just like it was during the first season), it would be considered the greatest show on tv. If the show was new and edgy and poked fun at the POTUS and was the first to do so(just like S1)people would stay in on a Saturday to watch it. If Seth Meyers did weekend update first, he would have set the bar high and be remembered by most as a top 3 WU anchor of all time.

I never saw an entire SNL episode before 1990 but I'm sure there were hit and miss sketches just like there are now. If those first 5 or 6 seasons were put on comedy central I'm almost sure that majority of people under 30 would say WTF is this.
Actually they used to show the reruns on Comedy Central all the time. And it's part of the problem in terms of skewing reality, becuase the reruns were only an hour long, and still included the musical act. So they were able to trim off a half hour of the crap for these.

I never saw an entire SNL episode before 1990 but I'm sure there were hit and miss sketches just like there are now. If those first 5 or 6 seasons were put on comedy central I'm almost sure that majority of people under 30 would say WTF is this. If this season right now was the very first season of SNL ever, but every single thing was the same. Same actors, writers, skits, musical acts, impersonations, and there were no other shows before it or currently like it(just like it was during the first season), it would be considered the greatest show on tv. If the show was new and edgy and poked fun at the POTUS and was the first to do so(just like S1)people would stay in on a Saturday to watch it. If Seth Meyers did weekend update first, he would have set the bar high and be remembered by most as a top 3 WU anchor of all time.
disagree. i've watched almost every ep of SNL in its entirety within 24 hrs of its broadcast since the beginning and, yes, the oof % has always been about the same. but the highs were higher, my friend - even if they dont always translate to now. the point of the show has always been to have the best talent available attempt not to entertain but to hold a mirror up to the culture. when that's happening, it's funny, relevant & the failures are forgivable. this show is a reflection of the lack of attack coming from a producer who has become what he would have made high fun of at one time - an old fart trying to be hip. SNL has been trying to please & entertain since Fey left and, except for a few rare talent flashes from the performers and hard looks at the worst of ourselves - as with Stefon & the logic processes of Girl @ a Party - they havent any better clue of how to do more than the team behind "Up All Night".

Users who are viewing this thread