Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Christo

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting.

Norm was my favorite. I understand the criticisms of him, but I just really like his brand of humor and I laughed at the uncomfortable moments he created (intentionally more often than not), where others didn't get it and just felt uncomfortable. I liked the unpredictability.Dennis Miller would be a very close second.

:goodposting:

No love for that WU sketch with the Russian Woman from the meteor site?

(from two weeks ago)

Thought that was one of the best little sketches in a while.

And, yes, I agree that this last episode was horrendous.

Edited by joey

Myers >>>>> Amy & Tina

Tina Fey by herself was good but together they were so annoying. Myers isn't great but I get a few laughs, not so much with the guests but the actual news stories.

No love for that WU sketch with the Russian Woman from the meteor site?(from two weeks ago).

:thumbup: Big fan, as well as when she did the woman who "fixed" the painting (educational too; I never knew Jesus had shark eyes).

I laughed hard at Z shirts. I like incredibly stupid stuff though.

No love for that WU sketch with the Russian Woman from the meteor site?(from two weeks ago).

:thumbup: Big fan, as well as when she did the woman who "fixed" the painting (educational too; I never knew Jesus had shark eyes).
Agreed. She's the strangest looking woman on the show, but her characters are solid. Here's that Russian Woman sketch for those that didn't see it. Good stuff:http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-olya-povlatsky/n32901/

No love for that WU sketch with the Russian Woman from the meteor site?

(from two weeks ago).

:thumbup:

Big fan, as well as when she did the woman who "fixed" the painting (educational too; I never knew Jesus had shark eyes).

Agreed. She's the strangest looking woman on the show, but her characters are solid.

Here's that Russian Woman sketch for those that didn't see it. Good stuff:

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-olya-povlatsky/n32901/

I think she's pretty hot, too bad she's a lesbian or I'd be sleeping with her for sure

JT... :popcorn:

yes, Jimmy, you can come back & pretend youre a musical talent next to JT again, but you have to go home right after....

I like when Timberlake does that singing mascot. Usually funny. Last time was with Lady Gaga.

i thought last week's episode was one of the best ones in awhile. I had never heard of the host before, but if SNL actually turned him down as a cast member, they screwed up. He was good in most skits IMO

It will be interesting to see how JT does without Andy Samberg on the show.

So far, so good. He has a real talent for this.

How did they NOT have JT on weekend update? He is too good to not use there. Stefon is hit and miss, tonight was a miss.

Steve Martin will never NOT be awesome.

Agreed. He's incredible.
He crushed it. Think Candice Bergen scared everyone. Haven't seen her since Boston Legal.You get T. Hanks there and don't give him any lines? A little creativity please.They should have walked into a bathroom and have one of them be the bathroom attendant. Hijinks ensue.

How did they NOT have JT on weekend update? He is too good to not use there. Stefon is hit and miss, tonight was a miss.

I thought it was a better Stefon performance. Usually Hader laughs too much at what they put up on the teleprompter. Tonight was a good mix.

Thought the Harlem Shake takeoff was a missed opportunity too have all the five-timers doing weird stuff in the background.

I thought it was a better Stefon performance. Usually Hader laughs too much at what they put up on the teleprompter. Tonight was a good mix.
"haunted diaper" might be the name of my next fantasy team. otherwise one of the weaker Stefon's.fun ep that came crashing down after Update. the filth factor went higher that last half hour than i remember seeing it, another death knell for comedy writing.

"haunted diaper" might be the name of my next fantasy team. otherwise one of the weaker Stefon's.fun ep that came crashing down after Update. the filth factor went higher that last half hour than i remember seeing it, another death knell for comedy writing.
Best episode start to finish in well ... perhaps ever. If you like haunted diapers, check the comments section for this episode on the NBC app. Apparently you can post anything on there. The Donald Duck Vietnam nightmare was also very good.

It's a Date was phenomenal.

Vanessa Bayer is starting to get quite a bit of mileage out of putting herself in situations where we want to do incredibly naughty things to her.

Big JT fan, but overall still pretty meh.

Really disappointed and surprised there was no digital short, which always have been the most memorable and viral parts of a JT SNL.

Big JT fan, but overall still pretty meh.Really disappointed and surprised there was no digital short, which always have been the most memorable and viral parts of a JT SNL.

If you did t like that episode, you should really just quit watching. They hit it out of the park last night.

Big JT fan, but overall still pretty meh.Really disappointed and surprised there was no digital short, which always have been the most memorable and viral parts of a JT SNL.

If you did t like that episode, you should really just quit watching. They hit it out of the park last night.
I never bother watching anymore. Tuned in specifically for the Timberlake

so they could get jay z, tom hanks, dan aykroyd, steve martin, chevy chase, paul simon, and they dug up candace bergen (i can't believe she's a 5 timer.. i forget how big she was years ago)... BUT drew barrymore and john goodman were too busy?

so they could get jay z, tom hanks, dan aykroyd, steve martin, chevy chase, paul simon, and they dug up candace bergen (i can't believe she's a 5 timer.. i forget how big she was years ago)... BUT drew barrymore and john goodman were too busy?

:lmao:

The Caligula sketch was a little weird but this show was easily the best I've seen in years. The Bangor, Maine sketch was great and I rarely get that deep into the show.

Maybe the new crew is getting into their groove, maybe it's JT.

fun ep that came crashing down after Update. the filth factor went higher that last half hour than i remember seeing it, another death knell for comedy writing.

:goodposting:

GB this place. They put out one of the best shows in forever and you still have people ripping it apart

Love the champaign commercial

I never saw an entire SNL episode before 1990 but I'm sure there were hit and miss sketches just like there are now. If those first 5 or 6 seasons were put on comedy central I'm almost sure that majority of people under 30 would say WTF is this.

If this season right now was the very first season of SNL ever, but every single thing was the same. Same actors, writers, skits, musical acts, impersonations, and there were no other shows before it or currently like it(just like it was during the first season), it would be considered the greatest show on tv. If the show was new and edgy and poked fun at the POTUS and was the first to do so(just like S1)people would stay in on a Saturday to watch it. If Seth Meyers did weekend update first, he would have set the bar high and be remembered by most as a top 3 WU anchor of all time.

I never saw an entire SNL episode before 1990 but I'm sure there were hit and miss sketches just like there are now. If those first 5 or 6 seasons were put on comedy central I'm almost sure that majority of people under 30 would say WTF is this.

Actually they used to show the reruns on Comedy Central all the time. And it's part of the problem in terms of skewing reality, becuase the reruns were only an hour long, and still included the musical act. So they were able to trim off a half hour of the crap for these.