What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

We've cut the cable (5 Viewers)

Ditched Direct TV last week.

Signed up for Youtube TV today.

Need some help.

I can access the BOISE LOCAL NBC station on my computer YT account.

I'm logged in fine on my TV.   Why is the NBC station on my TV "WNBC", and not the BOISE LOCAL NBC?   I'm sure it's an easy fix, but I can't figure it out.

Also, I signed up for 85 channels.  WHERE IS THE CHANNEL GUIDE on Youtube?  Is there not one?

TIA.
did you look into Hulu live? have had it for several months and no issues - they also have a channel guide lol

Anyone had issues with Hulu randomly telling you you are no longer in your "Home" area? 

This happened once earlier this year and their suggestion was to say "Yes" to being in a new area - well, that changed all my stations from the local ones in Orange County/Los Angeles to Palm Springs for about 10 days before it reset itself back to my area, but it used up 1 of the 4 "moves" you are allowed per year.

I changed out my router to an Orbi system this weekend and it worked fine from Saturday until this morning. Not sure if related, but getting the same You are not at Home error message.

I'm hoping if I give it a few hours or the rest of the day it will resolve itself, but any other advice other than to say I have moved again and find out what random location they are seeing me being at?
They only allow you to use Live from one location. My son switched it last year while at college and I had to change it back. It’s kind of annoying if you have a situation like that. I almost switched to YouTube, who doesn’t have that, but then they hiked up their price. A device can use it in a different location as long as it comes home every 30 days.

no channel guide on YouTube Tv? Weird
Not traditional. Shows you what is on now and in the next few hours. There are no channel numbers so you just scroll down to ABC or whatever. But you can also organize the channels to whatever order you like. I like that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
They only allow you to use Live from one location. My son switched it last year while at college and I had to change it back. It’s kind of annoying if you have a situation like that. I almost switched to YouTube, who doesn’t have that, but then they hiked up their price. A device can use it in a different location as long as it comes home every 30 days.
Thing is I have not moved and have only ever used our house as our "Home" location.  This is the second time this year after 2 years of no issues where it is saying that my IP address and my "Home" do not match.

When I go online to set my home from the Hulu site, it picks up my current zip code, which my home was always set to, but says I need to use one of my "moves" to reset it. A bit frustrating - I just don't want to reset my home, even though it shows my current zip as home, if it is going to assign a random zip again as it did last time.

I'm debating just going without TV.  I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and cut off everything else earlier this summer.  I'd like to have locals and sports but I'm done paying for all kinds of crap I don't want.  The only things I'm watching are sports and the wife likes the cooking shows.  Literally everything else is a waste.

so what are we planning on doing for out-of-market football this year?  Sunday Ticket available?  Stream?
Been researching this myself since I probably won't be going to the bar to watch. Here's what I've come up with, other than give in and get Direct TV which isn't going to happen:

1) Get a college student to buy me the streaming version of Sunday Ticket.  

2) Set up a VPN and subscribe to the international version of Gamepass.

3) Try and find streams each week.

4) Buy a Sunday Ticket subscription on ebay and hope for the best.

Been researching this myself since I probably won't be going to the bar to watch. Here's what I've come up with, other than give in and get Direct TV which isn't going to happen:

I did this last season. It was a PITA bc I was casting from a tablet initially and had to have a VPN installed on it as well as what I was casting on (NVIDIA Shield) otherwise it was blocked. Registration also sucks. 

#2 and #3 have worked for me.  

Honestly #2 paying $130 or so knowing you will get every game you want plus red zone isn’t that bad an option. 

#3 nflbite dot com provided solid free streams all year last year. They were the guys that did nfl streams on Reddit before it got banned.  

I see that  I wrote on my TV, while logged in there.

I see what you described on my laptop, logged in.   I want to see   "Library. Home Live" on my TV.
Try going to youtubetv on your phone or laptop. In the right hand corner there is icon for your account. Click on that then go to settings to live tv then check all channels you want to see. That might solve it. It is wierd though.

I second NFLBite for Sunday games. I've NEVER not found a good stream there. Sometimes you gotta try 2 or 3 to get a good HD stream, but it literally takes less than a minute to find a good one.

I'm debating just going without TV.  I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and cut off everything else earlier this summer.  I'd like to have locals and sports but I'm done paying for all kinds of crap I don't want.  The only things I'm watching are sports and the wife likes the cooking shows.  Literally everything else is a waste.
So much this. I literally need like 5 channels for sports and I'm good. And it's gotten to the point where I'll just do without. Youtube TV was a good option at $50. With the price hike, I'm right back to where I used to be.

So much this. I literally need like 5 channels for sports and I'm good. And it's gotten to the point where I'll just do without. Youtube TV was a good option at $50. With the price hike, I'm right back to where I used to be.
Yep, I was on YouTube TV until they raised the price.  I was looking at Philo last night a bit.  $20 for like 50 channels and the list is pretty good, but unfortunately no locals and no sports so it's really not solving my biggest problem.

Youtubetv, HBO and Netflix can all be split if you have a friend who’s shows you don’t mind seeing in your saved list etc. Can get all 3 for a split cost of like $45. 

Youtubetv, HBO and Netflix can all be split if you have a friend who’s shows you don’t mind seeing in your saved list etc. Can get all 3 for a split cost of like $45. 
Each family member on YTTV gets their own saved list and DVR. Family members do not have to live in the same house. Total device limitation (3) still applies though. But you caln also use your YTTV login for some other apps like ESPN to watch games and this is not subject to the 3 device limit.

Yep, I was on YouTube TV until they raised the price.  I was looking at Philo last night a bit.  $20 for like 50 channels and the list is pretty good, but unfortunately no locals and no sports so it's really not solving my biggest problem.
Yep. I did the same, Philo worthless for what I need.

Honestly with PS Vue gone, YTTV is almost the only option for sports heavy coverage. I don't think Hulu or Sling offer nearly as much, do they?

Honestly with PS Vue gone, YTTV is almost the only option for sports heavy coverage. I don't think Hulu or Sling offer nearly as much, do they?
If you're just looking sports Fubo is probably your best bet.  I think Sling offers comparable coverage if you add enough packages, but that gets expensive really quickly.

Hulu Live is pretty darn good. I get pretty much everything sports related and haven't felt like I've missed out on anything.

ESPN adds some stuff to their app that they don't broadcast on regular ESPN, and for me it was a few KU basketball games. I just subscribed to that for $5 a month for a couple of months until the season was over.

If you're just looking sports Fubo is probably your best bet.  I think Sling offers comparable coverage if you add enough packages, but that gets expensive really quickly.
Except Fubo lost the following:

CNN, TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, HLN, TruTV, TCM, and CNN International

Not having TBS or TNT isn't helpful for some sports.

I guess really just depends what you need. I've went with Sling for NBA playoffs. (Believe they have NFL Redzone offering as well). More than enough for what I'm looking for

With limited/no college sports, there's a whole lot of sports channels with absolutely no content right now.

I absolutely despise the layout of YoutubeTV and doubt I'll ever go back to it. And I'm a heavy user of the regular Youtube App.

I don't either but UEFA soccer has been on those channels and I believe they still have rights to some of those matches.  It's not a killer, but those are a couple major channels that are dropped.
I believe these moved to CBS sports when B/R & Turner canceled the contract.  If you aren't a basketball or a fan of atl teams, you might not need it.

Looks like it was announced the end of August, but just catching up to the fact that Verizon extended the offer of free Disney+ beyond the initial one-year period (and added Hulu and ESPN+ too).  At least that's what I think they are saying with their very confusing wording on everything I have read.

YouTube TV has just added NFL Network to its base package.  Takes at least a little bit of the sting out of their recent $15/month price hike.

The only drawback to Hulu is no NFL Network. I'm looking for a way to get out of market NFL games without having to go back to DirectTV.

If you have Prime they have Thursday night football.
Yes sir, I have it. But I am a Bucs fan in Austin, TX and its Cowboys or Texans constantly. When we dumped DTV earlier this year I didnt even notice that Hulu didnt carry NFL network. Might have to resub to them just to get the ticket. 

YouTube TV has just added NFL Network to its base package.  Takes at least a little bit of the sting out of their recent $15/month price hike.
How does that work? i.e. are you able to select any live game to watch? Is it just your in-market games plus a few? Is it like Game Pass where you can watch any game, but not live (and often a day+ after it happens)?

Had Game Pass and liked it but really thought not seeing any live games outside those aired in your area was not worth the $100 price tag.

On another note -- with a 133 page thread, is there a cheat sheet/consensus about the best current one or two paths to cut cable?

Big news IMO for those that have cut the cable and have Roku.

Roku and Comcast reach agreement to carry Peacock on Roku

Lots of free, ad supported content. Looking forward for to it, now just need to get the HBO Max app on Roku

For how much?
NFL Network is included in the base package, so no extra cost for that.  NFL RedZone is included in their SportsPlus add-on package for an extra $10.99/month.  It includes all of these channels:

NFL RedZone
FOX College Sports
GOLTV
FOX Soccer Plus
MAVTV Motorsports Network
TVG / TVG2
Stadium

I attempted NFLbite to stream the Steelers game and while it worked, it made me a little nervous about infecting my Mac.  Not sure I’m going to try that again.

I attempted NFLbite to stream the Steelers game and while it worked, it made me a little nervous about infecting my Mac.  Not sure I’m going to try that again.
Work the pop ups just like you do for a Reddit stream. There is zero to worry about, although not a Mac guy. 

NFL Network is included in the base package, so no extra cost for that.  NFL RedZone is included in their SportsPlus add-on package for an extra $10.99/month.  It includes all of these channels:

NFL RedZone
FOX College Sports
GOLTV
FOX Soccer Plus
MAVTV Motorsports Network
TVG / TVG2
Stadium
are you paying $65 for the base package?

So YouTube TV has removed the Regional Fox Sports networks over a negotiation dispute.  Hope they get that fixed quickly.

So YouTube TV has removed the Regional Fox Sports networks over a negotiation dispute.  Hope they get that fixed quickly.
That has been going on for quite a while.  I canceled my subscription with YouTube TV back in March and switched to Hulu live when they originally dropped the Fox Sports Networks. They brought them back but in limited markets (I am in Iowa so I could not get Fox Sports North to watch the Twins).  I was and am disappointed because I liked their interface. I think Hulu and FuboTV are the only major streamers that currently have the Fox Sports channels.

Users who are viewing this thread