What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (3 Viewers)

The most puzzling thing is the Ingram's 10 yard split is supposed to be great.

Yet, he looks decidedly slower to the line than Pierre Thomas. (And obviously Darren Sproles)

Many compared him to Emmitt Smith, but he appears more Cedric Benson to me.
This was the media trying to spin something positive for him.His 1.53 10 yard split was the same time Glen Coffee, Javon Ringer had. They are both nothing special either.

I'm so glad I finally dropped him. If only I didn't listen to the people who kept saying I'd regret it six weeks earlier lol. A round 5-6 pick shouldn't have been given the undroppable status based on hype like this guy had. He's no better than a waiver wire sleeper and in many cases is actually worse.

Just curious: is there anyone in this thread willing to admit that they passed on waiver-wire breakouts like Cam Newton or Demarco Murray because they already had Ingram on their roster?

Just curious: is there anyone in this thread willing to admit that they passed on waiver-wire breakouts like Cam Newton or Demarco Murray because they already had Ingram on their roster?
lol, sure. Demarco but in my defense I had 3 top 5 RBs and a couple good backups so I didn't really care about demarco. Plus it didn't seem that obvious before his blow up game.

anyone hear the announcers just say that Sean Payton said the only thing keeping Ingram from rookie of the year was the way Payton called games? some of yall seem to think you are much better talent evaluators than Payton. he will be fine long-term

anyone hear the announcers just say that Sean Payton said the only thing keeping Ingram from rookie of the year was the way Payton called games? some of yall seem to think you are much better talent evaluators than Payton. he will be fine long-term
And Payton might be right. But I would love to ask him why they traded up and drafted a RB in the first round. They already had multiple proven RBs on the roster. If you are going to draft one that early then make him the feature back. Hell, they could have waited until the third round and gotten demarco murray, who to this point looks like a much better player than ingram. Just seems like a waste to me.

And Payton might be right. But I would love to ask him why they traded up and drafted a RB in the first round. They already had multiple proven RBs on the roster. If you are going to draft one that early then make him the feature back. Hell, they could have waited until the third round and gotten demarco murray, who to this point looks like a much better player than ingram. Just seems like a waste to me.
Anyone think Ingram might become a better back BECAUSE he was not given the lions shares of the carries?

Look how many injuries they've had a RB the last few years. If Pierre hadn't been healthy and/or Sproles hadn't come on so strongly, they might've had to lean much more on Ingram. I still think it was a solid pick for them.......in real football.

Ingram is finally about to get some value, I bet a lot of ppl pick him up this week (if he was dropped). I've been holding onto him, looks like this is the week to sell him

Ingram is simply a turd.
15 points in PPR leagues tonight. Not bad for a turd.
I've got Ingram on my bench and while I am happy about the TD - you can't be too enthused how they utilize him during important minutes - obviously he needs to get 5-6 carries in a row or a whole drive to get in a groove which isn't going to happen much with Payton.
I agree. I just think it's ridiculous to call him a turd.

I can't emphasize enough how good of a prospect Ingram is in dynasty leagues. Go get him if you can get a nice deal.

Ingram will be a monster in due time. He's just a rookie.

Anyone think Ingram might become a better back BECAUSE he was not given the lions shares of the carries?
I think the Saints are definitely better for it. With the new CBA this is the way the new NFL is headed.

Ingram is simply a turd.
I've got Ingram on my bench and while I am happy about the TD - you can't be too enthused how they utilize him during important minutes - obviously he needs to get 5-6 carries in a row or a whole drive to get in a groove which isn't going to happen much with Payton.
I hate that term, but he is, considering his draft position and his output. I see very little from him that says he will play a meaningful role for my team this year.The TD was garbage time and basically meaningless other than for those that had the guts to play him.His talent will shine another day however I feel.

Ingram is simply a turd.
I hate that term, but he is, considering his draft position and his output. I see very little from him that says he will play a meaningful role for my team this year.The TD was garbage time and basically meaningless other than for those that had the guts to play him.His talent will shine another day however I feel.
This might be true but his critics can't have it both ways. When he is trying to grind out the clock in known running situations and get's 2 yards a pop, he's a "Turd". If he breaks one against a stacked D-line (finally) it's meaningless garabage time. I know that you are not saying this and that you are pointing out exactly how I feel - he's never used the way he was at the end of the game at any point during the game. The first time I saw Ingram get fed the ball on 3 carries in a row he breaks a long one.As long as what they are doing works in real FF forget about any drastic changes.

I think I actually used the term "turd" first to describe Ingram but that was purely from a fantasy standpoint - obviously he is a talented rookie but for fantasy prospects he is a "turd" right now. In Dynasty leagues he is a buy low - he may never get force fed in NO but his roll may grow enough to be a solid RB2 - after his rookie contract he could go on elsewhere to be the bell cow.

Payton right now is enamoured with getting Brees the record - they are playing the same way they did last year which is going to hurt them eventually.

They need to put some emphasis on the power running game and utulize Ingram down the stretch but I doubt that will happen.

Pierre Thomas doesn't look to bad either and Payton probably will make sure its a perfect split between the 3 as we saw last night until the last 5 minutes.

Ingram is simply a turd.
This may be a matter of semantics. Is Ingram a bust compared to his ADP? Yup, no argument from me there. Is he a "turd" in my opinion? Not even close. I consider someone like Delone Carter to be a turd or Jackie Battle. Those are guys you simply cannot in any league start at the present time (or at least you can't come up with a single compelling reason to start them). Ingram has been a solid RB3 when healthy for the better part of a month-plus. He is someone you can start because he's typically gotten around 10 points per game when healthy. That's not great but at least it's reliable. Sure his TD came in garbage time last night but so did a lot of Eli's yardage and one of Cruz's TDs. Pretty sure their owners aren't complaining whatsoever about that. There's been a lot of negative hyperbole about Ingram in this forum which I don't completely understand. There was even a thread where some people said Ivory would take his job which (as I said in that thread and others) had about a 0% chance of happening. If the hyperbole is simply because FBG hyped him well they have plenty of company because nearly every fantasy site/expert I saw hyped Ingram up too. A lot of people were high on him. So I don't see why FBG is getting hammered for it. All of us who liked Ingram as a RB2 prospect got it wrong this season. But while he may not be a RB2, I think he's at least startable in larger leagues as a RB3 if you want to go that route. Sure you're banking on him scoring a touchdown but when you combine this offense plus the fact he's scored in four of his last six healthy games (with 91 yards coming in one of the others), I'd say your chances are pretty good Ingram is going to come through for you there.

Listen all is forgiven if he goes 80 and 2 TD's next Sunday night...........I have better options on my bench but I drafted Ingram early and I want to roll with him as a flex in a 0.5ppr.

The TD run was legit. I was at the game and the Giants had clearly not quit. They were trying to get back in the game on both sides of the ball. Yesterday was the best I have seen Ingram run all season and he is making progress and will likely be rewarded with a bigger share of carries going forward. As a side note it was also nice to see him involved in the passing game.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, who's going to roll with him this weekend against a Suh-less Detroit Lions teams who already wasn't all that great against the run?

If so, are you doing it out of necessity, or because you think he can repeat what he did last night?

So, who's going to roll with him this weekend against a Suh-less Detroit Lions teams who already wasn't all that great against the run?If so, are you doing it out of necessity, or because you think he can repeat what he did last night?
Suh might be able to play if he appeals.My other real option is DeAngelo against TB. Apparently TB is not that great against the run but I was assuming Det was pretty decent.

So, who's going to roll with him this weekend against a Suh-less Detroit Lions teams who already wasn't all that great against the run?If so, are you doing it out of necessity, or because you think he can repeat what he did last night?
Suh might be able to play if he appeals.My other real option is DeAngelo against TB. Apparently TB is not that great against the run but I was assuming Det was pretty decent.
Same here. DW prob gets the nod for me.

Debating between him, Ben Tate and Julio at Flex. As of Tuesday afternoon, I am going with Ingram. This time is when I drafted him for...colder weather, has had some time to learn to play in the NFL..I am cautiously optimistic about him getting more carries and more involved in the passing game. Last Sunday was a preview on how he will be used going forward I think.

Not so sneaky good play this week. I'll be interested to see where FBG ranks him.

After what I saw last night and what I've seen from the Lions lately, I'm afraid we're going to see another blowout in the Superdome next week. Saints/Brees are unstoppable right now, and especially at home in primetime. Meanwhile the Lions have been showing their inexperience and immaturity against good teams and I don't think they're ready for primetime in New Orleans. I think they'll hang with the Saints for a half and then get trounced.

No Suh makes it even worse. NO will be able to run wild in this game and I can see Ingram getting 15 plus carries.

I just watched the touchdown run - is that the first time they've run him on a toss sweep this year?

Everytime they call his number it seems as if it is up the gut.

'Macdaddy_2004 said:
I just watched the touchdown run - is that the first time they've run him on a toss sweep this year?
Going from memory, but I'm positive that was the first time he's run that play this season. In the past, that was a Reggie Bush play ... interesting call to let Ingram run it..

'Macdaddy_2004 said:
I just watched the touchdown run - is that the first time they've run him on a toss sweep this year?Everytime they call his number it seems as if it is up the gut.
Designed to target the inside of the guard's ###, apparently, too. They seemed to do a few different things with him that game. ran him outside. they even threw him the ball. What a concept.all that's sad, I don't believe he is a consistent option yet.

Anyone thinking about starting Ingram this week against the Lions, without Suh, at home, coming off his best game of the season last weekend?

Lion's defensive rankings:

FBGs SOS = 22.1 points per game (neutral)

MFL Rankingg = 23rd

ESPN Ranking = 10th

Not sure how all those can be so different, but basically the Lions are a moderate/average defense with Suh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything thinking about starting Ingram this week against the Lions, without Suh, at home, coming off his best game of the season last weekend?Lion's defensive rankings:FBGs SOS = 22.1 points per game (neutral)MFL Rankingg = 23rdESPN Ranking = 10thNot sure how all those can be so different, but basically the Lions are a moderate/average defense with Suh.
I just put him in, over P.Thomas, D.Thomas, D.Williams, J.Starks, C.Ogbonnaya, F.Jones, S.Vereen. A motley crew, it must be said. Actually I'm wondering if I'm going to be kicking myself for not starting Vereen against Indy; last week I replaced D.Williams in my lineup with Ogbonnaya at the last minute when Hardesty was declared out. Indy is really bad and New England will likely give Vereen some garbage time slop.

Yes, considering Ingram over JStew, DWill, SJax and K.Smith due to injury. Either Carolina RB could have a nice day, but picking the right one is the difficult part.

Anything thinking about starting Ingram this week against the Lions, without Suh, at home, coming off his best game of the season last weekend?Lion's defensive rankings:FBGs SOS = 22.1 points per game (neutral)MFL Rankingg = 23rdESPN Ranking = 10thNot sure how all those can be so different, but basically the Lions are a moderate/average defense with Suh.

D.Williams = Damian or Deangelo? I don't know if I could start Ingram getting his 1/3rd of the pie over either Carolina RB getting 1/2 against an equally soft or softer TB defense.

My options are similarly meager at flex: Ingram or Chaz Schilens in one league, Gerhart in another, and Gerhart or Antonio Brown finally.

As for Vereen, there's no telling which NE RB will mop up against Indy, but I would guess it goes BJGE, Vereen, Ridley, Woodhead in that order. I mean, if you're ever going to play Vereen, it's probably this week.

D.Williams = Damian or Deangelo? I don't know if I could start Ingram getting his 1/3rd of the pie over either Carolina RB getting 1/2 against an equally soft or softer TB defense.
Carolina has a rushing QB; New Orleans doesn't. I'm fairly confident that Ingram will get goal-line carries if they exist; Deangelo Williams is the third red zone rushing option on that team.
As for Vereen, there's no telling which NE RB will mop up against Indy, but I would guess it goes BJGE, Vereen, Ridley, Woodhead in that order. I mean, if you're ever going to play Vereen, it's probably this week.
Certainly that's true. And as a CalBear I might have to do it.

'Multiple Scores said:
'urbanhack said:
I'm starting him down the stretch run and into the playoffs.:thumbup:glad I held on and waited.
Check in Monday. I am curious if you'll be angry, furious or sad. Don't play with the turd, you'll end up with stank.
I know you hope he sucks, but don't be a turd. Ingram, J.Stewart, DWill, Vereen, Gerhart. It's relative, and none of these guys stands out above the rest. Of course there's a good chance Ingram sucks (again), but no worse than other similar options. It's not like anyone is claiming Ingram will be a super stud this week like uh Crabtree........ :rolleyes:

Trying to gauge where Ingram ranks against the likes of Spiller and Jacobs? Per Dodds' top 250, he is below both, but I am not sure I buy into that. While recognizing Payton is going to keep his rotation, plus wants to get Brees the passing record, I am still thinking there is more upside. Plus, the next three games (Det, @Ten, @Min), you would think there should be some "running out the clock" time.

Week 16 vs Atl...that's the tough one.

Users who are viewing this thread