Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Is he worth a grab dropping someone like Gregg Jennings?

Wrong forum for this question, but in what kind of league is a "starting" RB on waivers while an almost over the hill WR3 like Jennings isn't?

I thought Pierre was the starter? Is it Ingram?

could this be his year? Not much competition in that backfield. Thomas on 3rd down Ingram with the rest...maybe.

Robinson?

who's that? Some no-name who got press due to a retired coach hyping him up?

:fishing:

That "no-name" got more work than Ingram in their playoff loss at Seattle. Payton obviously trusts him.

I take Jennings over Mark anyday, more talent at RB in NO then people realize

Everybody realizes this.

How is Ingram looking specifically? That Rams Defense isn't too bad.

Had big holes, but bounced off multiple tackles, ran through players, used stiff arm effectively. TONS of yards after first contact, even if first contact was often five yards downfield. IE: Ran angry like at the end of last year.

WR3 types are a dime a dozen in most leagues. Ingram should be rostered in all start 2 RB leagues. Start 1 leagues are a tougher call

Had him at RB25 in my latest dynasty rankings last week. I was surprised when I reviewed his 2013 highlights by how good he looked. He is not the epic bust people think he is and I expect him to get a chance to revive his career on a new team ala Cedric Benson or Thomas Jones.

Had him at RB25 in my latest dynasty rankings last week. I was surprised when I reviewed his 2013 highlights by how good he looked. He is not the epic bust people think he is and I expect him to get a chance to revive his career on a new team ala Cedric Benson or Thomas Jones.

Ronnie Brown or Cadallac Williams?

He trucked some cat on his way to the end zone. Didn't catch a number, so I don't know if StL's 2's were out there.

http://zippy.gfycat.com/BriskFamousAlligatorsnappingturtle.webm

ran over some little white dude...not surprised

That sounds like a slight against little white dudes.

but what about Khiry? Bill Parcells loves him. Just joking, i don't own Ingram in any league but he's easily the guy to own in New Orleans IMO.

The Rams were missing both starting DT's, MLB, top 3 CB's, DE Quinn barely played. Let's not jump the gun

Ronnie Brown or Cadallac Williams?

What about them? You just like pulling names out of the hat for retorts. Caddy blew out his knee and Ronnie had modest success in Miami and was given multiple opportunities to succeed before he succumbed to multiple injuries too. I would actually say Brown is a fair comparison because I feel like he had talent and was valuable enough to earn his stay in the league for a long time. Ingram has had multiple built up injuries but is still capable. I see him as one of those backs that wears down a defense. If the Saints arnt going to feed him he's never going to work out there. He wasn't a fit on draft day and I still don't think he's a fit now. I am happy he's looking good though. I really do hope something comes of it but it would mean a fundamental change in the Saints philosophy which could only occur if Brees goes down.

RB25 is too high for me but I agree with you. Ingram has never 'bad' he just never lived up to expectations given the offense he's in. He was also very one dimensional his first couple of years.

So what do you guys think he looks like this year, a split with robinson? Best case scenario he continues his late play off success and runs angry while showcasing why a team should sign him in 2015. What would be the most likely teams to get him? Jets nabbing him with one year left with cj could be good. A lightning and thunder combo.

The Rams were missing both starting DT's, MLB, top 3 CB's, DE Quinn barely played. Let's not jump the gun

Couldn't see the game, this is why I asked. Thanks for the info.

He looked really good down the stretch last year. No one is jumping any guns. Based off how he ended last year...he has a legit shot at being a surprise breakout player this year and outperform his current ADP which is in the toilet.

So what do you guys think he looks like this year, a split with robinson? Best case scenario he continues his late play off success and runs angry while showcasing why a team should sign him in 2015. What would be the most likely teams to get him? Jets nabbing him with one year left with cj could be good. A lightning and thunder combo.

I could see him a lot of places:

- Texans if Foster continues having injuries (not that signing a FA RB is their style but RB's are cheap now)

- Cardinals in RBBC with Ellington

- Patriots to replace Ridley

- Dolphins if Moreno and Miller don't work out

- Colts ( ;) )

I think the split will be something like

Ingram 180 carries 15 receptions

Pierre 140 carries 60 receptions

Khiry 140 carries 40 receptions

with Ingram and Khiry phasing Pierre out toward the end of the season and Khiry being slightly more valuable than Ingram because he is more versatile.

Pierre thomas will be more of a factor than you guys anticipate. It's not just going to be the Ingram/Robinson show. Plus this is a drew Brees passing offense.

Ingram on this saints team, IMO,is fools gold. Just like last preseason he will tease you and then when it counts in the regular season he disappears. Not BC he isn't a good Rb. He is.

BC Sean Payton limits his usage in a manner that will never get you more than bye week replacement value from him. IF THAT.

When the defense knows that thomas or Robinson come in on passing downs and Ingram on running plays, he is dead before the ball is snapped.

Add to that his whopping 8-12 carries per game tops and you've got a rb5

I own him under contract in a dynasty league and I'm almost certain I'm going to cut bait and eat the contract just to keep another player with a better situation and more upside.

Love the highlights.

Good luck to you Sean Payton; you need to rethink things today

I have been pimping Ingram as a late round value for a few weeks, I think this game confirms it (queue pre-season-over-reaction-reaction). But Ingram ran hot, similar to how he looked in the 2nd half of last year. Consistently ripping off 5, 10, 15 yard runs, spinning off tacklers, running through arm tackles, bouncing off guys while still charging forward. No more scooping him up in the 12th-16th rounds.

http://www.nfl.com/now/share?id=96e864ad-7555-40bf-bcb5-9a7295aa8d6c

Ingram has Steven Ridley-esque potential in 2014 (closer to 2013 Ridley with 700 yard/7 TDs than 2012 Ridley with 1200 yard/12 TDs - but somewhere in that range, with limited receptions) and Ben Tate/Toby Gerhart potential for next year as a FA.

Calling it now, Ingram could be the more valuable player as compared to Trent Richardson in 2014 - producing more yards and more TDs, and certainly a better YPC. The question, like it is for Ridley, is when to rely on Ingram for any given week - there will certainly be peaks and valleys in his usage due to the other RBs on the roster, the Saints variable game plans, and the variance between being a running vs. passing team.

As such I like him more for best ball format where you don't have to guess his good weeks. But the early clue might be that he shines more in away games - we saw last year two different versions of the saints and brees on the road vs. at home in the dome.

Edited by karmarooster

I know he is still young (24), but with his usage being so little at NO how much does that factor in? Fred Jackson is old for rb but had a lot less wear and tear since he got his shot late and is doing great.

RB25 is too high for me but I agree with you. Ingram has never 'bad' he just never lived up to expectations given the offense he's in. He was also very one dimensional his first couple of years.

He's also sooooooooooo cheap in dynasty. I literally got him as a throw-in last year. I was doing a 2-for-1 trade, and I asked the other guy to just throw in whoever he was going to cut to make room just to make the numbers even, and was shocked to see that Ingram was the extra piece that wound up coming back to me.

I don't have him at RB25, but you can bet I'm throwing some pocket lint at the Ingram owner in all of my leagues to see if I can't take him off their hands. (Well, I was before the preseason performance. I have less optimism about my chances of being successful now.)

• Like 1

Owners have to be patient with these Alabama backs. So quick to write them off. Same with Trent.

• Like 1

He's also sooooooooooo cheap in dynasty. I literally got him as a throw-in last year. I was doing a 2-for-1 trade, and I asked the other guy to just throw in whoever he was going to cut to make room just to make the numbers even, and was shocked to see that Ingram was the extra piece that wound up coming back to me.

I don't have him at RB25, but you can bet I'm throwing some pocket lint at the Ingram owner in all of my leagues to see if I can't take him off their hands. (Well, I was before the preseason performance. I have less optimism about my chances of being successful now.)

Prices low enough to buy even if you didn't believe in him from the beginning, Ingram is priced to sell.

I dr

I had drafted him 3rd overall when he came out and have been sitting on him waiting for something, anything. Now I have a legit RB staring at me IMO. Finally. I also picked him up last year off the waiver wire week 2 after an owner just threw in the towel. Let's see if this year he is finally given the keys to the Saints running game. I have always felt he is a chain mover and he can be valuable if given carries. Something he has never had on a consistent basis behind Sproles and Thomas. This is his legit shot to not only make a mark but also showcase himself for other teams in the off season.

I try not to let pre season games dictate to much on how I think of players and even though he was running through gaping holes he was still a beast when he reached the secondary (ala that stiff arm on his first big scamper). You guys think this is a reflection of things to come or just a result of playing vs 2/3rd stringers?

In dynasty leagues I think it would be foolish to sell Ingram for anything less than a future 1st round pick now based on the likelihood that he can land a starting RB gig next year, just like Gerheart and Jennings, with the key difference being that Ingram is quite a bit younger. I guess if your team is loaded, a future 2nd round pick would be tempting

I try not to let pre season games dictate to much on how I think of players and even though he was running through gaping holes he was still a beast when he reached the secondary (ala that stiff arm on his first big scamper). You guys think this is a reflection of things to come or just a result of playing vs 2/3rd stringers?

Based on how Ingram finished off the last season, I'm buying.

Do you guys think there is a chance that the saints extend ingram sometime this season? Thomas is due 2.1m next year and isnt getting any younger and will be 30 in december.

Do you guys think there is a chance that the saints extend ingram sometime this season? Thomas is due 2.1m next year and isnt getting any younger and will be 30 in december.

As a Saints fan I hope they don't. Either draft someone or sign a FA.

One thing that has changed in Ingram's (& Robinson's) situation, aside possibly a real change in commitment to run from the coaching staff is LT Terron Armstead. He was looking especially good in the PS1 game vs the Rams.

Ingram looked fantastic in this first game. I still however, do not trust the team not to devalue all backs by splitting the pie three ways. It appears to me that Ingram and Robinson will devalue one another significantly unless/until one of them goes down.

When Ingram got selected by the Saints, he punched a ticket to the hall of fame, assuming he stays healthy, which obviously is something none of us can predict.Ingram has been compared to Emmitt Smith many times, and the reason is that they are carbon copies of each other. They both possess excellent vision, dole out punishment, and have tremendous goalline ability. Ingram makes moves that are amazing for a man his size. He has unbelievable hips, wide shoulders and quick feet. He's the prototypical RB. Any thought of him splitting carries should only concern re-draft people, as many RB's split carries early on, including Peterson, Chris Johnson, etc. Emmitt Smith always had critics. They claimed that if he didn't play on Dallas, he wouldn't have been as good as he is. They might have been right. Emmitt landed in the perfect situation. Put him on a bad offense with a poor line, and he could have been a 3.5 ypc back. He certainly would never have approached the numbers he had in Dallas on 90% of the other franchises in his career.So for me, the big question pre-draft with Ingram was where he would land. He is a similar runner. When teams stood in the box and sold out against the run vs Bama this year, Ingram (and Richardson for that matter) struggled. So if Ingram became the focal point of a bad team, he could waste away on a bad offense, getting 1100 yard 8 td seasons for 4-5 years.Instead he goes to an offense with a top 4 QB, a bevy of offensive options in the passing game, an offensive line that allows undrafted free agents to average 5 ypc and also-rans like Julius Jones to come in and perform well when his career was basically over.This is what you call a perfect situation. Teams cannot focus on Ingram. He will shred defenses. Once he's past the D-line, he will make linebackers miss, punish safeties and be the physical force that will give the Saints the best offense in the NFL. If teams decide to focus on Ingram, Brees will flat out shred them. If I'm in a dynasty startup right now, there are only 2 rb's I take ahead of Ingram. Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson. And while some of you disagree now...you won't in 2012. 1500 yards, 15 td's are what Ingram will drop for the next 5 years. He may be more of a 1200 and 12 TD guy this year, depending on whether Payton decides to ease him in or not, and especially due to the lockout.The only thing that keeps him from being a HOF RB in my opinion is health. Same thing with Peterson and Chris Johnson for that matter though. Neither are HOF material yet. But if they stay healthy for another 5-6 years, they will be.The one thing we KNOW Emmitt had that we don't know about Ingram is durability. We won't know that for a long time. But if he stays durable, he will be enshrined in Canton in about 15 years.Proto-typical RB's don't grow on trees.

This sounds a lot like the lacy thread

When Ingram got selected by the Saints, he punched a ticket to the hall of fame, assuming he stays healthy, which obviously is something none of us can predict.Ingram has been compared to Emmitt Smith many times, and the reason is that they are carbon copies of each other. They both possess excellent vision, dole out punishment, and have tremendous goalline ability. Ingram makes moves that are amazing for a man his size. He has unbelievable hips, wide shoulders and quick feet. He's the prototypical RB. Any thought of him splitting carries should only concern re-draft people, as many RB's split carries early on, including Peterson, Chris Johnson, etc. Emmitt Smith always had critics. They claimed that if he didn't play on Dallas, he wouldn't have been as good as he is. They might have been right. Emmitt landed in the perfect situation. Put him on a bad offense with a poor line, and he could have been a 3.5 ypc back. He certainly would never have approached the numbers he had in Dallas on 90% of the other franchises in his career.So for me, the big question pre-draft with Ingram was where he would land. He is a similar runner. When teams stood in the box and sold out against the run vs Bama this year, Ingram (and Richardson for that matter) struggled. So if Ingram became the focal point of a bad team, he could waste away on a bad offense, getting 1100 yard 8 td seasons for 4-5 years.Instead he goes to an offense with a top 4 QB, a bevy of offensive options in the passing game, an offensive line that allows undrafted free agents to average 5 ypc and also-rans like Julius Jones to come in and perform well when his career was basically over.This is what you call a perfect situation. Teams cannot focus on Ingram. He will shred defenses. Once he's past the D-line, he will make linebackers miss, punish safeties and be the physical force that will give the Saints the best offense in the NFL. If teams decide to focus on Ingram, Brees will flat out shred them. If I'm in a dynasty startup right now, there are only 2 rb's I take ahead of Ingram. Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson. And while some of you disagree now...you won't in 2012. 1500 yards, 15 td's are what Ingram will drop for the next 5 years. He may be more of a 1200 and 12 TD guy this year, depending on whether Payton decides to ease him in or not, and especially due to the lockout.The only thing that keeps him from being a HOF RB in my opinion is health. Same thing with Peterson and Chris Johnson for that matter though. Neither are HOF material yet. But if they stay healthy for another 5-6 years, they will be.The one thing we KNOW Emmitt had that we don't know about Ingram is durability. We won't know that for a long time. But if he stays durable, he will be enshrined in Canton in about 15 years.Proto-typical RB's don't grow on trees.

This sounds a lot like the lacy thread

Sometimes this threads are fun just in the fact that there are POV's from years ago. I remember everyone thinking he was just going to be a stud. Now you see in him the 'Dynasty Buy Low' threads.

Saints let Sproles and Moore go freeing up a lot of snaps. I personally think the majority of those snaps are going to end up as running plays and not increased usage of other receivers. They have had more success as a team when the offense is more balanced and I think they have a shot at 450 rushing attempts, maybe more, so Ingram might have a shot at 150 carries (maybe more, a very outside shot at 200 perhaps?).

Regardless of his performance in this preseason game I think he is probably undervalued.

Saints let Sproles and Moore go freeing up a lot of snaps. I personally think the majority of those snaps are going to end up as running plays and not increased usage of other receivers. They have had more success as a team when the offense is more balanced and I think they have a shot at 450 rushing attempts, maybe more, so Ingram might have a shot at 150 carries (maybe more, a very outside shot at 200 perhaps?).

Regardless of his performance in this preseason game I think he is probably undervalued.

I'm a Khiry owner and offered Ridley for him, was rejected with no counter. Don't think he's undervalued anymore.

I'm a Khiry owner and offered Ridley for him, was rejected with no counter. Don't think he's undervalued anymore.

Ridley has been falling since his fumblitis sent him to the doghouse last year, while Ingram finished very strong. I don't find that to be a terribly surprising result. Not sure if that means one is under or overvalued, and if it does then I am not sure which one is which.

But did Ingram really finish strong? I held the same impression but I see that his production was not very inspiring. Excluding the Dallas game, he only rushed for more than 35 yards once in the last half of the season. I am still holding Ingram, but if I get any reasonable offer I will move him.

Ridley has been falling since his fumblitis sent him to the doghouse last year, while Ingram finished very strong. I don't find that to be a terribly surprising result. Not sure if that means one is under or overvalued, and if it does then I am not sure which one is which.

There's risk that Ridley fumbles and gets benched but I'm thinking that doesn't happen given he's the only big back on the roster (other than Bolden who hasn't been healthy and is on the roster bubble). Maybe I'm too optimistic on him.

There's risk that Ridley fumbles and gets benched but I'm thinking that doesn't happen given he's the only big back on the roster (other than Bolden who hasn't been healthy and is on the roster bubble). Maybe I'm too optimistic on him.

I hate trying to predict the Patriots running game. Bolden may be on the bubble and he may be the next BJGE, he hasn't fumbled on 134 career touches and you know Belichick loves that. But I agree that Ridley could be the guy and if he is, and doesn't fumble it away, then his ceiling is much higher than Ingram's this year.

But did Ingram really finish strong? I held the same impression but I see that his production was not very inspiring. Excluding the Dallas game, he only rushed for more than 35 yards once in the last half of the season. I am still holding Ingram, but if I get any reasonable offer I will move him.

I think that is the important part as many fantasy players have the same impression and IMO perception is reality.

He was good in the playoffs.

28 carries, 148 yds and a TD.

He also added 3 receptions.