What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mark Ingram (1 Viewer)

But haven't the Saints always just found receivers and RB's off the scrap heap to fill important roles in the offense? To me the Saints system makes the players go, and not the other way around. Whether it's Ingram, or Meacham, or Devery Henderson... it doesn't really matter where you were drafted or graded or projected in terms of talent you are going to just play a role in that offense but so is the seventh rounder nobody has ever heard of.

BigSteelThrill said:
Milkman said:
Meh spiller gets all of those when he comes back.....
Not according to Brees.

I'm not really wondering who I should listen to. Looks a lot like some typical owner/pimp-hype.
If you listen to anything other than the absolute, 100% occurrence of pure RB committee goodness, every season of Sean Payton's coaching career, as well as every season of every descendant of his in the coaching tree, you're nuts. :shrug:

It's like 20 years of RBBC's, none of stud feature backs.
yeah he rotates em, don't mean Ingram wont get some catches this season, maybe even a career high coming if he stays healthy

Ingram getting tons of receptions, which is great, but Peyton still makes baffling decisions. Why on earth would you pull him at the goal line there?

Love his reception numbers so far. Disappointed by the rushing stats and lack of TDs, but I think those will come. Been a real nice surprise so far in PPR leagues.

Yea that was strange. Clearly the ball had crossed the line at moment of impact and they still don't give it to him. Then he gets vultured, something he was clearly peeved about before it happened. Bad luck i guess.

Yea that was strange. Clearly the ball had crossed the line at moment of impact and they still don't give it to him. Then he gets vultured, something he was clearly peeved about before it happened. Bad luck i guess.
As well he should be...

1) he was in; no idea how they reversed that

2) why would Payton not let him come in and get the TD?! He was well rested after the TD review process.

Ingram getting tons of receptions, which is great, but Peyton still makes baffling decisions. Why on earth would you pull him at the goal line there?
I dunno, cause it worked and he doesn't care about your fantasy team?
Good insight here!
The answer is.... we don't know why he did it. Nor does it matter. If he didn't get in, then we can say "why didn't you run Ingram there". But if his decision helped his team win, which it clearly did (The 100% TD is always better then the 99% chance Ingram got in), then the call makes sense.

Maybe Ingram was tired, maybe he showed in practice he wasn't good from the goalline, maybe Robinson told him on the sidelines that he would get in, maybe he told him he studied Dallas goalline D, maybe he didn't want Ingram getting hurt, maybe Ingram said something negative on the sideline, maybe they're pushing his stats to trade him, maybe they want lower Ingram stats to have bargaining power, maybe they just think Robinson is the better goalline back. These of course are purposeful ridiculous possibilities, but for SOME reason, Payton thought it out, made the (right) call, and pulled Ingram.

Anyone mildly concerned that with Spiller finally flashing they'll reduce Ingram's role in the receiving game? His receiving stats thus far are what's carried his value in PPR. He's not exactly been super efficient with his carries, and while the TDs have been great, they tend to fluctuate.

Just wondering if maybe it's the time to sell...

Anyone mildly concerned that with Spiller finally flashing they'll reduce Ingram's role in the receiving game? His receiving stats thus far are what's carried his value in PPR. He's not exactly been super efficient with his carries, and while the TDs have been great, they tend to fluctuate.

Just wondering if maybe it's the time to sell...
Hard to tell. Ingram in the passing game works for the Saints because it's not obvious what the team will do. When Spiller is in, the Saints are more than likely going to be throwing. Ingram could be even better if Robinson stopped stealing carries.

And also, who would you even sell him for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Spiller looked so much faster than anyone else on the field - you'd have to think that his usage grows. Him staying healthy is another discussion.

Ingram was hot after Khiry went in after the reversal. He was visibly barking at Payton.
Video anywhere? I missed this last night.
There is. I saw it live and people plastered it on twitter. Ingram, off to the left gesticulating and yelling. Payton, to the right with his reading glasses going over his clipboard like it was The Night Before Christmas.

Going back to selling Ingram high, I was looking at guys he would worth trading for.

Charles? Don't see that happening

Peterson? Doubtful

Bell? Definitely not

Lacy? Maybe. Depends what the Lacy owner's record is maybe

Forte? Not sure the Forte owner would be willing to part, not like Forte has played poorly

Anderson? Would rather have Ingram

DMurray? Rather Ingram

Hill? Could be in the same situation as Ingram going forward

Freeman? As hot as he is, not chance the owner sells for just Ingram

Forsett? Maybe

LMurray? Rather have Ingram

So unless you package Ingram with something else, I'm not sure what you would even get for him or what would really be an upgrade at this point

Ingram was hot after Khiry went in after the reversal. He was visibly barking at Payton.
There is. I saw it live and people plastered it on twitter. Ingram, off to the left gesticulating and yelling. Payton, to the right with his reading glasses going over his clipboard like it was The Night Before Christmas.
Found it. Yea I'd be pissed too.

Glad I didn't see it live cause I really needed that TD last night and probably would have broken something.

Going back to selling Ingram high, I was looking at guys he would worth trading for.

Peterson? Doubtful

Bell? Definitely not

Forte? Not sure the Forte owner would be willing to part, not like Forte has played poorly

DMurray? Rather Ingram

Forsett? Maybe

So unless you package Ingram with something else, I'm not sure what you would even get for him or what would really be an upgrade at this point
:goodposting:

He is a high end RB2. Just enjoy I think.

Glad I didn't see it live cause I really needed that TD last night and probably would have broken something.
Seriously half the ball was across the line when his butt hit the turf. I don't get it.

Peterson? Doubtful

Bell? Definitely not

DMurray? Rather Ingram

Forsett? Maybe

:goodposting:

He is a high end RB2. Just enjoy I think.
I agree with this. I'm perfectly content with him as an RB2. His upside may be a bit capped, he's not going to really go off, but he's been getting 50+ rushing, 50+ receiving, and the occasional score. I love the fact they throw so much on first and second downs. While he doesn't have the wheels of a Spiller, he's got very good hands and has a nose for the first down marker. He's actually the least of my worries on my team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently leading the NFL in receptions for a RB. Wish he had that one that Robinson had at the goal line last night, though.

I punched a pillow because I ended up losing by 1. Then I realized what an idiot I was for being that angry over a $50 entry fee league.

Apple Jack said:
matttyl said:
Currently leading the NFL in receptions for a RB. Wish he had that one that Robinson had at the goal line last night, though.
Similar happened with Ivory/Stacy in the early game. Both brutal vultures.
That really wasn't the same though- Stacy was already in the game and stayed in for the TD.

Apple Jack said:
matttyl said:
That really wasn't the same though- Stacy was already in the game and stayed in for the TD.
Exactly. Payton pulled a straight up BAM on Ingram who had two incredible runs to get them there and was rewarded with a benching.

Deamon said:
humpback said:
Deamon said:
humpback said:
Good insight here!
The answer is.... we don't know why he did it. Nor does it matter. If he didn't get in, then we can say "why didn't you run Ingram there". But if his decision helped his team win, which it clearly did (The 100% TD is always better then the 99% chance Ingram got in), then the call makes sense.

Maybe Ingram was tired, maybe he showed in practice he wasn't good from the goalline, maybe Robinson told him on the sidelines that he would get in, maybe he told him he studied Dallas goalline D, maybe he didn't want Ingram getting hurt, maybe Ingram said something negative on the sideline, maybe they're pushing his stats to trade him, maybe they want lower Ingram stats to have bargaining power, maybe they just think Robinson is the better goalline back. These of course are purposeful ridiculous possibilities, but for SOME reason, Payton thought it out, made the (right) call, and pulled Ingram.
While we have ulterior motives, the point is more about a coach being in tune with his players. Most coaches understand the psyche of an athlete and that a TD is something players covet. After 2 strong runs and being ruled down on the 6 inch line from a reversal, most coaches would allow their RB to punch it in. It sends a message of saying, "you got us to the goal line, you've earned this opportunity to punch it in."

It is no different than any other job, where you work your tail off, only to have another reap/steal the rewards. How hard are you gonna try the next time for your boss?? I think Payton pulled a classic won the battle, but lost the war move.

MattFancy said:

Peterson? Doubtful

Bell? Definitely not

DMurray? Rather Ingram

Forsett? Maybe

Although risky, I traded him for Lynch.

oddsbodkins said:
Insein said:
oddsbodkins said:
Insein said:
oddsbodkins said:

I punched a pillow because I ended up losing by 1. Then I realized what an idiot I was for being that angry over a $50 entry fee league.
Ya, sometimes the competitiveness is as important as the prize though. I have one $20 league that I still spend time on and get mad when I lose :P

Deamon said:
humpback said:
Deamon said:
humpback said:
Good insight here!

While we have ulterior motives, the point is more about a coach being in tune with his players. Most coaches understand the psyche of an athlete and that a TD is something players covet. After 2 strong runs and being ruled down on the 6 inch line from a reversal, most coaches would allow their RB to punch it in. It sends a message of saying, "you got us to the goal line, you've earned this opportunity to punch it in."

It is no different than any other job, where you work your tail off, only to have another reap/steal the rewards. How hard are you gonna try the next time for your boss?? I think Payton pulled a classic won the battle, but lost the war move.
Ok ya, I can see that.. But maybe rather then 'I won't try hard next time" it will be "I will try harder because I want to get in the endzone so my backup doesn't come in and steal it from me". Sometimes players are motivated that way quite a bit as well. Fear of missing out can be stronger then the will to get it in the first place.

I think this happens a lot though. So many times guys get vultured and I don't think coach's worry as much about their players psyche as they do about winning the game. I think more often then not its the QB how is more focused on this. If Gronk is taken down at the 1, Brady often still throws the next ball to him. But then again , they should be throwing to him anyways down there :P

MattFancy said:

Peterson? Doubtful

Bell? Definitely not

DMurray? Rather Ingram

Forsett? Maybe

Although risky, I traded him for Lynch.
Forgot to put him on there. Another one, where if Lynch gets healthy, I can see wanting him over Ingram. But as of right now, I think I'd rather Ingram.

Apple Jack said:
matttyl said:
Well, Ivory already had a TD when Stacy got his. Ingram didn't get into the endzone at all (after reversals) last night.

Deamon said:
humpback said:
Deamon said:
humpback said:
Good insight here!

My thought was that the substitution was a way to not telegraph what they were going to do. You trot Ingram back out and everyone expects him to get his number called.

Deamon said:
humpback said:
Deamon said:
humpback said:
Good insight here!

My thought was that the substitution was a way to not telegraph what they were going to do. You trot Ingram back out and everyone expects him to get his number called.
Except they went with the jumbo package on the play, and Robinson has gotten the ball on a higher percentage of his snaps than Ingram has this year.

What kind of value does this guy have for the future (say 2 years)? Fantasypros has him as 13th in keeper/dynasty value but watching the Saints constantly rotate 3 RB's and all sorts of WR packages every single snap and have zero consistency seems like that's high no? With the rumored talk of Payton to the Colts or Dolphins and Brees declining does this pump up Ingram or is there potentially a clearing for the new regime coming (assuming there is a new regime)?

It's so frustrating watching the 3 headed monster where none really do much, I think I'm ready to bail. I need to decide who I want for the next 2 years between Ingram, Rawls, Dion Lewis or Tevin Coleman and I thought it was a no brainer at the beginning of the season but now I don't know.

What kind of value does this guy have for the future (say 2 years)? Fantasypros has him as 13th in keeper/dynasty value but watching the Saints constantly rotate 3 RB's and all sorts of WR packages every single snap and have zero consistency seems like that's high no? With the rumored talk of Payton to the Colts or Dolphins and Brees declining does this pump up Ingram or is there potentially a clearing for the new regime coming (assuming there is a new regime)?

It's so frustrating watching the 3 headed monster where none really do much, I think I'm ready to bail. I need to decide who I want for the next 2 years between Ingram, Rawls, Dion Lewis or Tevin Coleman and I thought it was a no brainer at the beginning of the season but now I don't know.
Personally, I can't name 12 other RBs I'd rather have in dynasty. 10 maybe, but not 12.

Personally, I can't name 12 other RBs I'd rather have in dynasty. 10 maybe, but not 12.
What about this year and next only and not dynasty?

What about this year and next only and not dynasty?
The problem is what can you really get for him that is better, unless its a package trade. I'm in a standard scoring 12 team redraft league, and I don't see any other RB similarly ranked who doesn't have their own warts. Unless you are going to gamble on the likes of an underperformer like L. Miller, Ellington, J. Hill, who else ranked around him are you gonna go for? And more importantly, why would the other owner give that player up?

Anyone else feel like it's sell high time? Or does NO figure out he should get the rock 75% of the time?

Spiller is more of a passing down/gadget play back, imo. He's never shown enough to be the early down guy, would have to be K-Rob.

Don't like the 2 first half steals from Khiry, but Ingram looked great. I do wish I could roster Khiry but trade doesn't really line up with his owner.

Cowboys rushed for 200+ against the NYG, Ingram's next opponent.

I love Ingram. He should have taken less money and gone elsewhere. I am not sure why he mired himself back into the Sean Payton swamp. He could be a top 5 RB almost anywhere else. His usage is mind boggling. Payton is an idiot when it comes to using his RB's. How Robinson has 14 carries at a 2 yards per clip and Ingram with the same amount of carries at a 10 yards is crazy.

Why move on from Ingram? He's getting the ball despite the Saints being terrible AND he's producing.
Agree. Goes back a couple weeks ago when I was talking about who you would even get for him that would be better at this point. You're not getting someone in the Bell, Peterson, Forte, Lynch, Freeman, Gurley tier straight up for him. Maybe you get Lacy, but that's not a guaranteed better deal. So if you wanted to move on from him, who are you moving on to?

Users who are viewing this thread