What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Directv NFL Ticket.... (2 Viewers)

zed2283 said:
Called last night and agreed to a year contract and got Sunday Ticket Max for free and $5 off for 24 months.
Did you have to beat around the bush/tell them you were going to leave or just tell them you wanted Mac for free consistent with what other friends received? Did you deal with retention or tier 1 people?

Just made the annual call threatening to cancel and got zilch. They basically called my bluff. Will try again soon... First time in 7 years that it has not worked for me on the first call. Usually get the ticket and tons of credits. . Boo

I CALLED TODAY AND WITH A HOUSE MOVE / MOVING PACKAGE THEY OFFER SUNDAY TICKET MAX AS A "HOUSEWARMING GIFT"

ALSO GOT A FREE GENIE + 3 GENIE MINIS WITH THIS DEAL AT NO EXTRA CHARGE (OTHER THAN THE $6 PER RECEIVER STANDARD)

OF NOTE: MY CONTRACT EXPIRATION DATE WAS SET TO AUGUST 2ND OF THIS YEAR.

HAD TO AGREE TO A 2 YEAR CONTRACT FOR THIS DEAL

Last edited by a moderator:
zed2283 said:
Called last night and agreed to a year contract and got Sunday Ticket Max for free and $5 off for 24 months.
Did you have to beat around the bush/tell them you were going to leave or just tell them you wanted Mac for free consistent with what other friends received? Did you deal with retention or tier 1 people?
When prompted by the automated system, I said "cancel service" the same as I always do, but it sent me to tier 1 rather than retention. So I talked to the first girl for a little while and it was obvious she couldn't/wouldn't do anything for me. I asked how much time I had left on my current contract and she said she couldn't see that information but that there was a group above her that could and asked me if I wanted to be transferred. I said yes, and the next guy I talked to almost immediately gave me the deal.

need2know said:
Just made the annual call threatening to cancel and got zilch. They basically called my bluff. Will try again soon... First time in 7 years that it has not worked for me on the first call. Usually get the ticket and tons of credits. . Boo
Called back again and only got 5 bucks off my bill. No Deal on the ticket. I am still under contract for another 11 months, but I have been under contract in previous years and never had an issue. They must be changing the way they do business or at least changing the way they deal with me. I was told to call back closer to the season for better deals on the ticket so I will try again mid august.

Once I got to retention, I told them I was speaking to retention earlier but my lunch break was over tell them you were on with them for over an hour and were offered a few different options by the previous rep

Tell them you were offered ticket max or 15 and 10 off a month credits off your bill before you

had to go, tell them you don't want to be on an hour again, they'll hear that and then just offer it

Honestly, I am more interested in the Genie than Sunday Ticket at this point...Hopefully I can get both. Waiting to see what happens with SEC Network so I can complain about that.

Is there somewhere in your account page to see how long you have left on your contract or do you have to call and ask for that sort of info?

Honestly, I am more interested in the Genie than Sunday Ticket at this point...Hopefully I can get both. Waiting to see what happens with SEC Network so I can complain about that.
I think they're fine with giving away Genie's, but you have to sign a 2-year deal with it.

I just called yesterday and this is what I got

Next 4 months bill added $30 = $120 (+10 a month after next discount)

12 months -$20 = $360 (after the above 4 months -$20 than what I am currently paying)

NFL Sunday Ticket, Red zone and Max for mobile devices

4 months Showtime for FREE

10 yr loyal customer not under a contract

The gentleman on the phone said they encourage to call in every month and see what kind of promo they can offer.

At the end of the da I am saving $240 annually, getting Showtime for 4 months free and Sunday ticket Max

Couldn't be happier right now!

Did have to sign a 1 yr contract

This thread had me worried this year, but I just made the annual call and did just fine. All in it took about 45 minutes (including being transferred to retention, third-party verification, and confirming the changes were made on the website).

Background - DirecTV customer since late 1990s with autopay bill, Choice Extra package, multiple HD DVRs, Whole Home DVR service, and contract had recently expired. In summary, this is what I received:

Upgraded from Choice Xtra to Ultimate - $81.99 per month (vs. $74.99 per month)

Above upgrade made me eligible for $52 credit for 3 months ($156.00)

$30 credit for 12 months ($360.00)

Free NFL Sunday Ticket Max ($329.94)

Free HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime for 3 months ($120.00) – need to call to cancel after three months

Free HD Extra Pack for 6 months ($29.94)

Cash credits $516.00

Free programming $479.88

Total value of $995.88 (my best year ever!)

12 month new commitment – contract now runs through July 15, 2014

[SIZE=11pt](Can also upgrade to Genie for free but would require a 2 year commitment[/SIZE])

While I did have to agree to a 12 month contract ($10 per month if terminated early and I didn't activate any new equipment), it's not a major concern for me since I've been with them for 15+ years and I'll be a "free-agent" again next summer. Good luck to everyone and remember:

1. Be nice

2. Don't accept the first deal offered

3. Be nice

4. No harm in asking if there is anything else they can do

5. Call back as needed or if you're not successful on the first try

I have a funny one : )

I call and I do the usual - cancel service- then tell the person that I want to cancel service and they transfer me to the appropriate area. From there I get a nice talkative woman. I could tell she was educated and kind of a ball buster. I go through my story of I have another offer from a cable company to get the same channels for $40 cheaper and they have the Redzone channel. This woman starts asking me questions about the service and says she is on time Warner's web-site and quoting their packages. I should have hung up right there.... I was dealing with an educated smart ###....

So I tell her that I want to just cancel and not discuss Time Warner's packages.... So she says ok and starts the cancellation process. My only reaction was to hang up - THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED - WHAT DID I DO!!!!! Certainly she cannot cancel me without giving me a confirmation number....

So I call back FAST - maybe there are no notes in the system yet and I'll talk to a different customer service person (hopefully on more uneducated).. Well I go through the same motion and get a guy. He indicates that she cancelled my service. I indicated that I got disconnected while she was giving me other offers. I did not get a confirmation number and I did not yet officially cancel. I said that I'd like to hear the offers. The guy tells me he cannot give me any deals as I don't have service and therefore he cannot see what deals I qualify for. I told him to re-instate my programming and see what deals are available. He told me to hold and then I was disconnected. I think he hung up on me as he probably thought - I have no idea how to help this guy : )

I the called back and explained to a new very nice lady what had occurred. It took about 45 additional minutes on the phone with her and at first she indicated that the only deal she could give me was $10 off per month for 12 months and $5 off for 6 months. I indicated that the other woman indicated something about free Sunday Ticket and she said that she cannot offer that. I said that I then need more off because the other operator was giving me the same channels for $25 less and they have the NFL Redzone channel. Why would I not take that? Don't you want to keep my business? I'm gonna need that or else I'll need to cancel. The nice woman said "hold on" - she came back and indicated that she can give me free Sunday Ticket Max for this year as well. I accepted faster than a homeless guy would ponce on a quarter on the ground. She wrapped it up and I was all good.

Lost about 6 months off of my life - but it's on again for 2014. I have gotten Sunday Ticket the past 4 years and I only had to pay $99 last year to upgrade to MAX on opening day last year.... It pays to be a cheap ###!!!!

Only suckers pay!!

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Is there somewhere in your account page to see how long you have left on your contract or do you have to call and ask for that sort of info?
Use this to your advantage. Ask them how much time you have left on your contract. Let them know that the other provider is offering a $200 credit so it's no big deal. Take it right off the table right away!

Brewtown said:
I have a funny one : )

I call and I do the usual - cancel service- then tell the person that I want to cancel service and they transfer me to the appropriate area. From there I get a nice talkative woman. I could tell she was educated and kind of a ball buster. I go through my story of I have another offer from a cable company to get the same channels for $40 cheaper and they have the Redzone channel. This woman starts asking me questions about the service and says she is on time Warner's web-site and quoting their packages. I should have hung up right there.... I was dealing with an educated smart ###....

So I tell her that I want to just cancel and not discuss Time Warner's packages.... So she says ok and starts the cancellation process. My only reaction was to hang up - THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED - WHAT DID I DO!!!!! Certainly she cannot cancel me without giving me a confirmation number....

So I call back FAST - maybe there are no notes in the system yet and I'll talk to a different customer service person (hopefully on more uneducated).. Well I go through the same motion and get a guy. He indicates that she cancelled my service. I indicated that I got disconnected while she was giving me other offers. I did not get a confirmation number and I did not yet officially cancel. I said that I'd like to hear the offers. The guy tells me he cannot give me any deals as I don't have service and therefore he cannot see what deals I qualify for. I told him to re-instate my programming and see what deals are available. He told me to hold and then I was disconnected. I think he hung up on me as he probably thought - I have no idea how to help this guy : )

I the called back and explained to a new very nice lady what had occurred. It took about 45 additional minutes on the phone with her and at first she indicated that the only deal she could give me was $10 off per month for 12 months and $5 off for 6 months. I indicated that the other woman indicated something about free Sunday Ticket and she said that she cannot offer that. I said that I then need more off because the other operator was giving me the same channels for $25 less and they have the NFL Redzone channel. Why would I not take that? Don't you want to keep my business? I'm gonna need that or else I'll need to cancel. The nice woman said "hold on" - she came back and indicated that she can give me free Sunday Ticket Max for this year as well. I accepted faster than a homeless guy would ponce on a quarter on the ground. She wrapped it up and I was all good.

Lost about 6 months off of my life - but it's on again for 2014. I have gotten Sunday Ticket the past 4 years and I only had to pay $99 last year to upgrade to MAX on opening day last year.... It pays to be a cheap ###!!!!

Only suckers pay!!
Nice recovery!! :thumbup:

bridaniel said:
This thread had me worried this year, but I just made the annual call and did just fine. All in it took about 45 minutes (including being transferred to retention, third-party verification, and confirming the changes were made on the website).

Background - DirecTV customer since late 1990s with autopay bill, Choice Extra package, multiple HD DVRs, Whole Home DVR service, and contract had recently expired. In summary, this is what I received:

Free HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime for 3 months ($120.00) – need to call to cancel after three months

Cash credits $516.00

Free programming $479.88

[SIZE=11pt](Can also upgrade to Genie for free but would require a 2 year commitment[/SIZE])

While I did have to agree to a 12 month contract ($10 per month if terminated early and I didn't activate any new equipment), it's not a major concern for me since I've been with them for 15+ years and I'll be a "free-agent" again next summer. Good luck to everyone and remember:

1. Be nice

3. Be nice

Wow, I've gotten some incredible deals in the past but this looks like the grand prize.

bridaniel said:

Free HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime for 3 months ($120.00) need to call to cancel after three months

Cash credits $516.00

Free programming $479.88

12 month new commitment contract now runs through July 15, 2014

(Can also upgrade to Genie for free but would require a 2 year commitment)

1. Be nice

3. Be nice

Wow, I've gotten some incredible deals in the past but this looks like the grand prize.
When you didn't like the first offer they put out there did you ask to be transferred to retention or just ask if there was another department that was authorized to provide different offers?

bridaniel said:

Free HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime for 3 months ($120.00) need to call to cancel after three months

Cash credits $516.00

Free programming $479.88

12 month new commitment contract now runs through July 15, 2014

(Can also upgrade to Genie for free but would require a 2 year commitment)

1. Be nice

3. Be nice

When you didn't like the first offer they put out there did you ask to be transferred to retention or just ask if there was another department that was authorized to provide different offers?
i just said i'd like to cancel if that was all they could do - I think she was chatting online with a supervisor.

Just checked this out on the directv site and it's legit. I filled out the eligibility form and was eligible. Last year I purchased the Madden 25th anniversary deal on Amazon and was hoping something like this would be an option this year. Oh and you can stream through ps and x box again this year.

ItsOnlytheRiver said:
I am not eligible for some silly reason. Did the Madden thing as well, and that worked fine last year.
I'm sure you can try a different address and be eligible. For what it's worth I live in a condo(don't know if having a unit number helps) and live in Ma.

ItsOnlytheRiver said:
I am not eligible for some silly reason. Did the Madden thing as well, and that worked fine last year.
I'm sure you can try a different address and be eligible. For what it's worth I live in a condo(don't know if having a unit number helps) and live in Ma.
Probably would need to be my billing address, though. I read that some people have called DirecTV and offered reasons as to why their house can't get sattelite and had success. This is ultimately what it comes down to. If you are in a location that doesn't allow satellites then you can order this. If not... Tough, go order DirecTV.

Probably would need to be my billing address, though. I read that some people have called DirecTV and offered reasons as to why their house can't get sattelite and had success. This is ultimately what it comes down to. If you are in a location that doesn't allow satellites then you can order this. If not... Tough, go order DirecTV.
My location definitely allows satellites, they're several of them in my development. I'd think you could just say you rent and that the owner of your home won't allow a satellite.

Read this forum for the first time this year and you guys inspired me to make the call(s), my 2 year contract ran out end of July:

First call tonight, got to the automated prompt, said "cancel service" got regular customer service, asked for retention and was transferred. Got a nice southern woman on the phone talked about looking to change to cable with redzone and pac-12 network, but wanted to stay with DTV because of Sunday ticket but I was just paying too much. She said they didn't have any deals on right now but offered me $5 off for 12 months. I sad what about ST and she said there were no deals yet (while i'm scrolling through this thread and seeing clearly there were), she said to call back mid Aug for deals. That was that, finished the call.

Checked my online DTV account and saw I was already subscribed as a roll-over ST from last year (I paid for ST btw, didn't know there was a way to deal since I was under contract).

Called back, got to retention and got a different woman, said look I just called and the lady told me there was no deals, but I had friends who just as recent as this month call and got ST in exchange for a year contract, and that I am paying way too much when I could go to Cox for about $85 and was paying $121 for DTV. I said something about the wife hounding me for paying $40 a month for football, blah, blah, I said I would do a year contract for ST and didn't even need Max, I was happy just watching my Seahawks on a Sunday.She said thats sounds fair and I wasn't asking for much and let me see what I could do, after a few moments said "I found it!"....amazing, and this is what I got:

FREE 2014 Sunday Ticket Max

$30 credits for a full 12 months (dropped me to $91 a month)

NO Additional contract (she said that was a thank you for staying)

I'm sure I could have asked for more, but I was happy with $30 off a month and getting ST Max for free!

Read this forum for the first time this year and you guys inspired me to make the call(s), my 2 year contract ran out end of July:

First call tonight, got to the automated prompt, said "cancel service" got regular customer service, asked for retention and was transferred. Got a nice southern woman on the phone talked about looking to change to cable with redzone and pac-12 network, but wanted to stay with DTV because of Sunday ticket but I was just paying too much. She said they didn't have any deals on right now but offered me $5 off for 12 months. I sad what about ST and she said there were no deals yet (while i'm scrolling through this thread and seeing clearly there were), she said to call back mid Aug for deals. That was that, finished the call.

Checked my online DTV account and saw I was already subscribed as a roll-over ST from last year (I paid for ST btw, didn't know there was a way to deal since I was under contract).

Called back, got to retention and got a different woman, said look I just called and the lady told me there was no deals, but I had friends who just as recent as this month call and got ST in exchange for a year contract, and that I am paying way too much when I could go to Cox for about $85 and was paying $121 for DTV. I said something about the wife hounding me for paying $40 a month for football, blah, blah, I said I would do a year contract for ST and didn't even need Max, I was happy just watching my Seahawks on a Sunday.She said thats sounds fair and I wasn't asking for much and let me see what I could do, after a few moments said "I found it!"....amazing, and this is what I got:

I'm sure I could have asked for more, but I was happy with $30 off a month and getting ST Max for free!
Nice work!

Don't give up! Don't ever give up!

I was cringing as I read this as it sounded as if you were laying all your cards on the table too soon, but looks like you got a great outcome, congrats!

I was cringing as I read this as it sounded as if you were laying all your cards on the table too soon, but looks like you got a great outcome, congrats!
I did think the same thing as I was doing it, but I read a few times about not accepting the first offer, and I tried the i'm not asking for much and willing to even take a contract route, and as the call was going it seemed to flow perfectly as the lady seemed willing to work with me.

Called and was offered:

ST MAX for $82

Free movie channels for 3 mos

$15 off for 12 mos.

I passed

Also, the lady I spoke to ended the call by saying DTV "was not the cheapest provider out there" but that they were "among the best."

My Directv contract was scheduled to run out in September. I just called and told the guy I was looking to cancel as it was costing too much (had credits expiring running about $20 a month in savings), and that I liked football but couldn't afford Sunday Ticket. Told the guy I would just be adding Red Zone with the cable company I was switching too. Guy came back and offered me some credits, and said he was authorized to offer me Sunday Ticket for free, with a 12 month extension. I came back and told him that I liked being able to check on Red Zone, but that was only available in their ST Max. He offered it to me for 1/2 price, and I turned it down. He then said he could offer me a credit for the whole price, thus making it free. So with me on the line, he billed 1/2 price ST Max and then credited my account for the same amount.

So in the end I got Sunday Ticket Max for Free, $20 Credit for 12 months, and an additional $5 credit for 6 months. In addition, the guy I spoke to said that the 12 month extension was actually just going from the date of the call....making it 10 months added to my original date.....with my contract now expiring in 7/15.

My Directv contract was scheduled to run out in September. I just called and told the guy I was looking to cancel as it was costing too much (had credits expiring running about $20 a month in savings), and that I liked football but couldn't afford Sunday Ticket. Told the guy I would just be adding Red Zone with the cable company I was switching too. Guy came back and offered me some credits, and said he was authorized to offer me Sunday Ticket for free, with a 12 month extension. I came back and told him that I liked being able to check on Red Zone, but that was only available in their ST Max. He offered it to me for 1/2 price, and I turned it down. He then said he could offer me a credit for the whole price, thus making it free. So with me on the line, he billed 1/2 price ST Max and then credited my account for the same amount.

So in the end I got Sunday Ticket Max for Free, $20 Credit for 12 months, and an additional $5 credit for 6 months. In addition, the guy I spoke to said that the 12 month extension was actually just going from the date of the call....making it 10 months added to my original date.....with my contract now expiring in 7/15.
Nice, that's the kind of deal that I'll be shooting for too when I make my call for this year.

I checked my account online and saw this

NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX 2014 $0.00
Get every game every Sunday in HD on your TV and the Game Mix Channel, plus:
-Every 2014 NFL SUNDAY TICKET game on your computer, tablet, and phone
-RED ZONE CHANNEL®
-Player Tracker
-Short Cuts
-NFL SUNDAY TICKET On Demand

It looks like I'm already credited for this year. Anyone seeing this and can verify? I'd be thrilled if I don't have to make the call and do the song and dance

That always appears on your bill about a month or two before they actually start billing for it. It's like a reminder that you're subscribed. If you were credited, you would see a charge and then a credit.

For new customers (I was a former customer), the offer is NFL Sunday Ticket, $200 pre-paid credit card, genie with shared terabyte DVR in up to four rooms with free installation and HBO/Showtime/Cinemax 3 mo., 2 year contract.

I called Wednesday night and a lady asked to assist me. I informed her I needed to talk to someone in the Retention Group. She tried to assist but I told her I was planning on canceling my service. She transferred me to a guy in Retention from Huntsville, AL. I asked him what the status was on the SEC Network and he stated they were in negotiations with the SEC and ESPN but he felt they would get a deal. I told him DISH was offering SEC network and Redzone if I'd switch. I asked him if he could give me NFL Sunday ticket Max. After doing some checking and seeing that I have been a loyal customer since 1999, he found a way to give it to me for free. He immediately credited my account for $329 and change to cover the cost of the Sunday Ticket. A buddy of mine used this same thing and told me about it.

I've been with DirecTV for five years. In my first year, Sunday Ticket was free. For the subsequent four years, I have gotten Sunday Ticket comped. I simply go directly to cancellations where the call center people have the stroke to give it you for free. You may get to someone in cancellations who can only give you half off, do not settle. Tell them you will likely call to cancel later in the day and need to call a competitor for pricing. The next time you call the cancellations you are bound to have someone who can comp it in full, when you tell them this chain of events:

- I called DTV cancellations earlier

- Guy said he could only give me half off

- I just want to be treated as well as a new customer, that is only fair

- When he and I got off the phone, I called a competitor for pricing

- So now I am calling back to cancel services and go with them, they don't offer a year contract either

- DTV will fold and give you Sunday Ticket

- Be clear that you are NOT agreeing to a contract extension, they will also fold and comp you the Ticket without another year agreement

Good luck

Been with them for 4 years. Best I can do through abt half a dozen phone calls is $8 of ST. Complete BS. And they told me I can't just get RZ channel alone (I know that's wrong because DISH is offering it for free for the season). I'm out of contract so I'm thinking of dumping them and going with DISH. Can get all my same channels, including all my sports networks AND RedZone, for less than half my payment now $45/month for 1 year. Then it goes to $80/month for the 2nd year. No brainer.

Bye Bye DTV. Don't need ST or STMax that bad anyway. I love RedZone

Been with them for 4 years. Best I can do through abt half a dozen phone calls is $8 of ST. Complete BS. And they told me I can't just get RZ channel alone (I know that's wrong because DISH is offering it for free for the season). I'm out of contract so I'm thinking of dumping them and going with DISH. Can get all my same channels, including all my sports networks AND RedZone, for less than half my payment now $45/month for 1 year. Then it goes to $80/month for the 2nd year. No brainer.

My contract expired last May. I cancelled for real to go with Time Warner. HATED it. A month later I went back to DTV and got every new customer offer.

Called twice today, couldn't get much but was offered Sunday Ticket Max for free. Contract is up 8-13, so was hoping for a little more towards what new customers would get. Rep wouldn't budge, so I told him to set the cancellation for the 13th. Never had to go this far with it, curious to see if I get a call/email sometime before the cancellation actually kicks in.

Really amazing the variations in conversations/outcomes.

Mine was pretty straightforward. After choosing Disconnect from the menu I asked if I had Customer Retention. Fuzzy answer but then had a quick conversation saying I was looking to lower my bill, been a loyal customer for eight years, maybe suspend my service for a bit and asked if he was the right guy. He was pretty polite and candid and said if I was just looking to disconnect/suspend he could help with that. I said perhaps, but if someone could help lower my bill, etc. I definitely would like to have that conversation.

Then got transferred to nice woman. Verified she could work with me. Explained my plight, getting cable offers, just got the New Customer flyer in the mail w/ Free ST and HBO, anything she could do?

$5 off for 12 months

$10 off for 12 months

Free ST

No contract

Done deal.

My contract expired last May. I cancelled for real to go with Time Warner. HATED it. A month later I went back to DTV and got every new customer offer.
Just ended my last call to DTV and escalated it all the way as far as I could through retention. Reupped for 2 years (I live in BFE, so my options are pretty limited, cable is horrific and DISH is the only other choice and would have cost me around the same as what I am paying now in the first year, but much more in year 2) Kept the package I have for the next year at the same price, free ST MAX, free genie upgrade, and $10/month for year two. Works for me. By the time the first year drops off, they always have offered me small discounts that second year, so I should be able to notch the pricing on that second year down as well in time. Was worth it not to have to hassle with installing a whole new service.

If I hadn't gotten this deal, I was definitely walking though. So frustrating to have to jump through all the hoops.

Called twice today, couldn't get much but was offered Sunday Ticket Max for free. Contract is up 8-13, so was hoping for a little more towards what new customers would get. Rep wouldn't budge, so I told him to set the cancellation for the 13th. Never had to go this far with it, curious to see if I get a call/email sometime before the cancellation actually kicks in.
Got my email today saying they were sorry to see me go, gave me a phone number to call into asking me to give DTV another chance before my disconnect date. Guy I spoke with had the power to do seemingly anything.

Took about 30 minutes all together, this is what I got out of the deal:

Choice Package, NFL Sunday Ticket Max, HBO / Showtime / Cinemax for 3 months free, a 3rd HD DVR receiver added to my daughters bedroom, and a $200 Visa Gift Card. 61.99 per month for 1 year. Only 1 year contract agreement, so I can call in and negotiate out of contract this time next year.

To get this much offered, he said I had to go ahead and disconnect tonight instead of 8-13. He said doing this made more promotions available to me. So for anyone out of contract and willing to go the extra mile, set up an actual disconnect date for 1-2 weeks out. Get the email from DTV the following day, call and let the negotiations begin. I left very happy, but I actually feel like I may have left a bit on the table. 30 minutes is the shortest call I've had in 5 years.

Cash credits $516.00

Free programming $479.88

1. Be nice

3. Be nice

The key above is the current plan you are on as bri states above. 80.00 monthly revenue.

This is really the apex here. I was edging for this same plan

Last year I called, and got the shaft from the first rep, I never called back as I was busy and gonna be coaching. Figured there would be minimal time to watch football.

This year, I called with a different approach. I spoke with the regular rep first, just inquiring on how to save money.

-She offered 10.00 off, 6 months

I declined, then she put me on hold

-She offered me 10.00 off, 12 months

I declined. I stated i was going to call around, and try to bundle somewhere.

She then offers me to retention? I say "Sure, why not?"

So now, i am speaking with the new rep, exchange pleasantries, and she says since you are a customer since 2002, I can offer a lot.

30.00 off 12 months

free genies

HBO/Cinemax/Show-3 months

1/2 off HD Pack

and 1/2 off SUN TICK.

I told her it was awesome of her, and really started asking questions, and what else could be offered.

The key, is wanting to get off the phone with them. Tell them you will ask the wife, or think about it, bc these offers can only stay in their Queue for so long. She insisted she could not hold the offer

Twice, i was told it was an instant offer, and bc i said i wanted to think about it, I said "if you up the offer for Ticket/Maxx, i will commit to a year. " It's all negotiating, leverage, etc...

Got MAXX thrown in as well.

Key points:

Talk to the rep by their first name, be personable

Be willing to get off the phone to make other calls/providers

Revenue-Current monthly plan(above 80.00)

Time with Directv(loyalty)

Im very happy, I also think you get better reception the earlier in the day you call. Later in the day, they have heard all the BS and sob stories and more apt to say no vs than when they are fresh in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread