What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What games in your area are affected by the contract negotiations between DirecTV & NexStar? (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
I live in the St. Louis area, but I have DirecTV. And, as of right now, there is no new deal between DirecTV and NexStar, which is the nation's largest owner of local channels all over the country. The situation between DirecTV and NexStar has shut down our FOX affiliate, Channel 2. So, this means that I won't be able to watch the 49ers-Steelers game or the Packers-Bears game on Sunday. What about everyone else? If you have DirecTV and are in a market where you have at least one station that is owned by NexStar, what games won't you be able to watch?

Antenna?

But this is why I don't do business with cable or satellite. The streamers aren't perfect, but they know I can flip subscriptions to another service in literally 2 seconds.

Anytime a company has you locked into a contract and equipment, and all that garbage, and they know it will take you months and a lot of expense to switch, this is always possible.

On another note, ESPN is blocked on Spectrum with a contract dispute.
Came to say this. So that is, Monday Night Football, right? I've noticed that NFL Network airs, I think all, but not sure, the primetime games in the middle of the night after the game. I think it is a somewhat shortened version of the game though. Like, a random drive will just be completely cut out.

On another note, ESPN is blocked on Spectrum with a contract dispute.
Came to say this. So that is, Monday Night Football, right? I've noticed that NFL Network airs, I think all, but not sure, the primetime games in the middle of the night after the game. I think it is a somewhat shortened version of the game though. Like, a random drive will just be completely cut out.
Yes, and NFLN also shows it on Tuesday afternoon.

CBS is blocked in my area (vegas) on Directv stream - I used one of those credit card offers you opt into on the account page (in my case it was an Amex) to get 3 months of paramount+ for free, which includes live CBS. The deal was $11 off for three consecutive months for any $11+ bill, which is what the premium plan costs.
No big deal. Bonus is that Lioness show is very good on paramount+.

Not sure if there is a similar streaming option for OP for Fox

What about everyone else? If you have DirecTV and are in a market where you have at least one station that is owned by NexStar, what games won't you be able to watch?

I thankfully only have one station blacked out thanks to NexStar. It doesn't have pro football as it is KTLA 5 in Los Angeles.

Users who are viewing this thread