What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Directv NFL Ticket.... (4 Viewers)

Just called them....(thanks to everyone in this thread, lots of good advice)...

I got....

$10 off/Month for 24 months for HD service due to auto-billpay

$20 off/month for 12 months for 'customer loyalty'

$170 off Sunday Ticket (1/2 price)

Not as good as some of you guys, but total savings of about $650.

Called and selected the cancel service prompt, explained times were tough and we were looking to cut back on expenses, etc. Was told to hold for a moment while he looked into my acct and offered $10 off over 12 months. Told him that wouldn't cut it and asked if there was anything else they could do. He said that's the best they could do, and even after more persistance I was told that was the best offer they had. I hung up and called right back, got a man named Tony who was much more helpful. Explained the same situation, and when he asked if the other rep told me I could get $10 off for 12 months I explained he did offer me that but that it wasn't enough, and frankly I was surprised at his willingness to let a longtime customer leave for Dish over something like this. Tony apologized greatly, and after awhile offered 1/2 off the ticket. Again said I appreciate it but that just wouldn't be good enough, asked if there was anything else maybe his supervisor could do. Another long pause and he then came back with the free ST offer. Readily accepted and told him how helpful he was, as he was processing I inquired about the To Go service, and he threw that in for free as well. Took about 35 mins totaly with hold times, but well worth it. Don't get discouraged guys like everyone else has said, if someone says no just call back, it really does work.

Called and selected the cancel service prompt, explained times were tough and we were looking to cut back on expenses, etc. Was told to hold for a moment while he looked into my acct and offered $10 off over 12 months. Told him that wouldn't cut it and asked if there was anything else they could do. He said that's the best they could do, and even after more persistance I was told that was the best offer they had. I hung up and called right back, got a man named Tony who was much more helpful. Explained the same situation, and when he asked if the other rep told me I could get $10 off for 12 months I explained he did offer me that but that it wasn't enough, and frankly I was surprised at his willingness to let a longtime customer leave for Dish over something like this. Tony apologized greatly, and after awhile offered 1/2 off the ticket. Again said I appreciate it but that just wouldn't be good enough, asked if there was anything else maybe his supervisor could do. Another long pause and he then came back with the free ST offer. Readily accepted and told him how helpful he was, as he was processing I inquired about the To Go service, and he threw that in for free as well. Took about 35 mins totaly with hold times, but well worth it. Don't get discouraged guys like everyone else has said, if someone says no just call back, it really does work.
Sometimes this feels like the scene in Austin Powers where Mustafa won't divulge key information until you ask 3 times. Can I get free Sunday Ticket? No.Can I get free Sunday Ticket? No.Can I get free Sunday Ticket? Damn! OK.

Last edited by a moderator:
My simple story:

Been a DirecTV customer for 5 years and have never had Sunday Ticket. Until today...

Called and talked to Angela, told her I need to lower the bill and was really interested in trying the Ticket for the first time. I was disappointed that they would offer this free to new customers, but never offer it to existing ones.

She quickly typed things in and was able to give me Sunday Ticket and the 2Go option for free. She also dropped another $15 for 12 months. I already had other discounts totaling $16 per month and she said the max is about $25 per month. Even if she was lying it worked for me. I get the Ticket and can tell the wife I lowered the satellite bill.

WINNING!!!

My story:

I am a nine year customer who has never had the Sunday Ticket. I am still under contract for another year from a previous deal getting free DVR receiver and the like.

1st call: Talked to someone in the Sunday Ticket department. Said I saw the deal on TV where "for the first time ever free Sunday Ticket with DirecTv!". The guy explained to me that was for new customers only. I #####ed for a few minutes about how long time customers are getting the shaft. He said he could not discount the Ticket but could work with me by reducing my bill by $10/month for 12 months if I got the Ticket. I said that was not really what I was looking for and I had a friend at work who had gotten it for free even though he was an existing customer. The DTv guy said there was no way they could do that and implied my friend must be mistaken. I declined his offer and hung up.

2nd call (5 minutes later): Called again and said "cancel service". Talked to John and said I was very disappointed that as a long time customer I was being treated much more poorly than new customers. Told him I had seen that Dish Network had this RedZone thing and they were so much cheaper. Asked if there was anything he could do before I did anything rash and switched services. He apologized for me not being happy and immediately offered 50% off the Sunday Ticket. I said that was a nice offer but I had this friend that had gotten it for free even though he was an existing customer and that was really my expectation at this point. He gave me the "hmmm, let's see what I can do" and after about 30 seconds he said he could give me ST for free. He balked at further discounts or ToGo but at that point I didn't care considering I am still under contract.

The call was less than 10 minutes and with very minimal haggling. Clearly they are ready to deal but you need to take the step of going to the cancel service people to talk. I'm sure they could see I was under contract but it never came up.

Thanks to the other people who put their experiences on this thread. This inspired me to give it a shot. I'm psyched! :football:

I'll tell you what, I have been doing this for the past 3 years now, thanks to FBG. This year I hit the mother load. It took 3 calls, but finally ended up where I am happy. 1st call the guy gave me $50 offer on an application that allowed me to watch on my iphone or laptop. Whatever. 2nd call they guy was giving no love either, that call was a week later from the first, so I just cancelled my ticket all together. Gave it another 5 days and called to cancel DirecTV all together. That's where I hit the nerve. As a loyal customer since 98 I said I would be back next year so I can get my ticket for free like all the new customers. She then looked at my account and determined the following:

- eligible for Sunday ticket at 1/2 the price…..that's all I really wanted anyway, savings about $160

- $20 off for 6 months of Choice XTRA, currently paying $65.99 knocked down to $45.99 another $120

- HD FREE for 2 years, value $240

- was eligible for another HD DVR for free, $199 value

- after talking about the DVR we realized I have been being overcharged for over 2 years on receivers, was charged for 6 and only had 5, credit for $163.89 given

Total package value savings w/credit just under $900…best call I've made in a long time!!! :D :excited: :thumbup:

On the phone now, one call 5 minutes of talking about about how its not fair new customers get it free and I got ST plus ST Togo for free

I love this thread........

just got off the phone with DT. Went straight to "cancel service".

I told the rep we needed to cut down on bills, Dish network (with numbers, i.e. Americas' top 250 or whatever for $44.99), Charter, Redzone channel, offering ST to new DT customers, blah, blah, blah.......

Now, my total bill is $117 a month.

At first the rep offered a monthly bill of $85.48 for 12 mos. I said, well, I dont know, Dish Network.........ST free for new customers.......slap in the face............blah, blah..........I was put on hold for a few minutes so the rep could talk to his super. He came back and offered $85.48 for 12 mos. and free ST, just like that! No brainer.

BANG. 2nd call,I told them I was switching to dish for the $7 redzone and $50 a mo. in savings. Their first offer wass $5. a mo. for 6 mo....NOTGOOD ENOUGH, second offer was $20. for 6 mo... STILL NOT , then she hit the sweet spot ; NFL ticket for free!, yipee!! I couldn't get her to throw in the "to go" but I am happy with this deal as is. :thumbup:

Simple,

Called and asked to speak to a regular customer service representative. Told Raymond to please look at my account. Asked how long I've been a customer to DirecTV and if I ever missed a bill. Then asked how long I have had Sunday ticket. He told me 2002 on both. I then told him it had been even longer than that as Ive had DirecTV and Sunday ticket since 1998. Told him I thought it was bull crap that new customers were getting the ticket free after I've been paying for over a decade.

He put me on hold for about sixty seconds and came back and gave me Sunday Ticket.

Too easy.

I'm calling back later today to get more !

:thumbup:

Called and told them cable offered Red Zone, free HD, HBO and Cinemax for a year and to compete they'd have to match for $80.

They gave me ST but have to match the other offers.

I've been a customer since about 95.

Heres how I did it, maybe it will help one of you do the same thing to get free sunday ticket, just wanted to pass along the info:

I called direct tv.. and said "cancel my service" (using a regular customer service agent never works, you always have to get a "cancellation agent" for this method to work).. I was transferred to the cancellation department..I told them I was furious that new customers were receiving sunday ticket for free (direct tv has a promotion that all new customers receive sunday ticket for free).. and since I was a returning customer, I wasnt getting sunday ticket for free like the new customers were..so i wanted to go ahead and cancel my entire direct tv service.. the guy put me on hold, then came back and said "we will give it to you for $30 per month" for a total of $150 , 5 months. I said NO, go ahead and cancel and that I can walk to my neighbors house and watch sunday ticket..he then said hold on.. came back and said... "ok we will give you sunday ticket in HD for free, sunday ticket TO GO for free (thats an additional service that lets you watch games on your laptop or droid phone), and red zone channel for free.. so i said..I'll take it.. I then called back and verified that this was indeed processed on my account.

so..I got..

Sunday Ticket for free

Sunday Ticket TO GO for free

Red Zone Channel for free

It really does matter who you talk to. I called three time and could only get $20 off a month for six months. Finally, I got a nice lady that hooked me up with free NFL ticket.

Keep trying...you are running out of time.

Has anyone used directTV to go? I downloaded it on my phone and it is not working, keep getting a network error, does anyone know if it doesn't work until sunday? Wanted to log in to check it out.

Wow, I didn't realize it was this easy to get free Sunday ticket. My problem is that I've only had DirecTV for about a year and a half so my original 2-year agreement isn't even up yet. Does this totally ruin my negotiating power since if I threaten to walk I'll be hit with a huge penalty? I've never gotten Sunday Ticket before and wasn't planning on getting it this year either, but getting it for free would be nice.

'Childress said:
Has anyone used directTV to go? I downloaded it on my phone and it is not working, keep getting a network error, does anyone know if it doesn't work until sunday? Wanted to log in to check it out.
I am getting a network error too. Assuming it won't work until Sunday.

'overkill94 said:
Wow, I didn't realize it was this easy to get free Sunday ticket. My problem is that I've only had DirecTV for about a year and a half so my original 2-year agreement isn't even up yet. Does this totally ruin my negotiating power since if I threaten to walk I'll be hit with a huge penalty? I've never gotten Sunday Ticket before and wasn't planning on getting it this year either, but getting it for free would be nice.
Nope, that doesn't matter. I've only had DirecTV for 14 months and got 1/2 off Sunday ticket, $30 credit off bill for 6 months and then $20 credit off bill for months 7-12.

'Childress said:
I am getting a network error too. Assuming it won't work until Sunday.
I did get an update today. When I log on it now shows the list of Week 1 games and other screens you will be able to get to (standings, stats, etc.).

Every year before the season starts I go through this ritual. This time I got:

$350 one-time credit

ST for $190

free ST to go

$10 off for 12 months loyalty discount

$5 off for 6mo for some other reason

Not bad. Nice thing about DTV is you don't need to turn into Tony Soprano to be successful in negotiating pricing.

$40 off for 7 yearsFree Sunday Ticket for lifeComplimentary breakfast at any Super 81/2 price massages at Whole FoodsNo discount on ppv adult channels but instead of 3 hour block get 7 hours2 pairs of refurbished New Balances3 weeks free of Zone diet$5 off Lee Iaccoca biography$47 cashMeet and greet with Man vs. Food guykeychain
What kind of keychain?

More of a tech question here. Is anyone else having major issues with To Go? I'm trying to watch the Lions/Bucs game and every 30 seconds or so, the game coverage cuts off and I get a 5-second clip of Frank Caliendo being awful from the pregame show. It's the same two clips over and over, and I'm about ready to shoot myself here. When the game coverage comes back on, it automatically rewinds to an earlier part in the game, and it makes it just about impossible to actually watch a game.

I'm having major lag and freeze issues on the PS3, plus the redzone channel has said each time I have selected it that "video is unavailable at this time". Also, there doesn't seem to be HD or it goes in and out. Is this an issue with my FIOS, PS3, or the service?

having same issues with Ticket to go. steaming not available or choppy video. tried switching from Google Chrome to Internet Explorer, at least its showing video now.

Nevermind, out again.

Now I am getting video is unavailable on the games as well. Who do I complain to if this is through ps3?
I called direct tv Before I purchased for the ps3 to make sure I could cancel if it sucked. They gave me this number: 800-345-7669. I haven't called yet as I'm hoping these connection issues work themselves out before the chargers game.

Was told by the tech service guy that they expect To Go will be back up by 3:30. If not, there's another thread on the first page with links to a couple different streaming sites. Better than nothing.

I've had the Sunday Ticket forever now but this is my first year with an iPad and the To Go. I know it's down now but it was absolutely terrible when it was "working". I hope when it gets fixed that the laggy, choppy picture is fixed also.

Game Mix channel was working great for about the first hour. I was able to switch audio between games, it was responsive, no lag, etc. Nearing halftime in most games, though, after switching to a game and coming back, the yellow channel switcher won't come back. I'm stuck on audio for PIT/BAL and using selector switches leads to standard shortcuts from the pad.

I read DoublePlay may cause a problem, so I enabled it, then went to a 3rd program to record getting the option to disable DoublePlay as a workaround. I'm not recording the GameMix channel manually.

Anyone else having this problem? Debating doing a reset, but if it's a system-wide issue, I don't want to hassle with the time on setup.

I like how the streaming sites have better bandwidth and quality. They need to spend less time making it look "pretty" and more time making it functional with a nice clear picture.

Saw on DTV forums there are massive issues today. Workaround for the audio issue (at least on my receivers) is to bring up the toolbar thing (I use INFO button) then over to Audio/Video - you can pick between the different audio tracks/channels. Not as simple as it was when it was working today, but effective. Plus it's down to 4 channels for the afternoon games, so it's easier to manage with all the audio feeds on the first menu when you bring up the Audio/Video selections.

ETA: Specifically speaking of the Game Mix channel/lack of yellow selector issue. No idea on player tracker. If your channels aren't coming up at all, it's apparently due to the Red Button trying to load data, so you should spam EXIT when you switch channels. Just relaying info. Haven't had that last problem, myself.

On the plus side it's great that the game mix channel now only shows as many games as are going on. Dividing the screen into 4ths for the late games is a vast improvement over what they used to do, which was divide it into 8ths and fill up four of the screens with "Ravens Win!", etc.

:shrug: Is after the season started too late for this?
7 year dtv customer and I called last week looking for a deal and nothing. Called back on Friday, chose cancel service and within minutes had ST for free. I gave them the whole long time customer and I pay a separate bill for phone and Internet and I know other people who are getting the deal who aren't new customers.Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread