What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiver wire before week 1 question (1 Viewer)

Sweetness_34

Footballguy
So we had a team in our draft who did not get any D/ST. I am guessing (reading the rules at the league site) that the WW only opens after week 1, so he will have to start week 1 without any D/ST....am I correct?

Maybe he shouldn't have drafted 5 TE's.... :confused:

...and yes, he is going to have to play Week 1 without a Def

Last edited by a moderator:
A team in my 7pm draft last night (Tue, 8/16) was having computer problems because he was traveling. He ended up with no D/ST. I logged in this morning and saw that there was a commissioner transaction on behalf of that team, dropping one of his TE's and adding the Cowboys D/ST.

To be honest, I'm not sure this should be allowed. I'm just glad I'm not playing him in week 1.

I've seen managers with computer problems get to make changes before. if its a real issue, the "commissioner" will go as far as to pause the draft and call the drafter. i have no problem with it.

I've seen managers with computer problems get to make changes before. if its a real issue, the "commissioner" will go as far as to pause the draft and call the drafter. i have no problem with it.
The commissioner stopped the draft a couple of times to re-pick for this particular owner. The commissioner provided his phone number and let the owner know that he could phone in his picks or type them in chat if needed. When I've been the commish, I've done the same thing to help out someone who was having trouble. It just wouldn't occur to me to ask, or accept an offer, to change a pick a couple of hours after the draft was completed. I just found that kind of odd. It won't affect me or how my team finishes.

Maybe he shouldn't have drafted 5 TE's.... :confused: ...and yes, he is going to have to play Week 1 without a Def
Yes; very strange. I bet he thought he out-smarted everyone and was gonna make his decision on who to drop for a D/ST after the preseason ends ... now he gets to play week1 short handed.

Users who are viewing this thread