What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG 2011 "How did I do?" thread (1 Viewer)

Drafting 8th:

Brees, Sanchez

Chris Johnson, Jones-Drew, Jacobs, DCarter, Vereen, Gerhart

Lloyd, Harvin, Sims-Walker, Evans, Meachem, DMoore, Bennett

Clark, Gronkowski, HMiller

Novak, NYG

I'm down a PK for the first week, which stinks, but I like what I've got. No star power at WR unless Lloyd repeats, but I do like each of the guys I got.

Drafted from the 12 spot 8.31.10RomoMcNabbBeckMcFaddenBradshawIngramSpillerStarksJ.RodgersHardestyFitzgeraldS.HolmesD.Moore (Oak)E.BennettD.BriscoeE.DeckerWinslowJ.CookGreen BayJ.BrownLike my RBs a lot and will probably flex two most weeks, but wish I could have snagged another top 12 TE and another WR2/3, but feel pretty good overall...
I don't love this team. I don't think there's anything wrong with the positions you took at your picks, you just happened to pick a lot of guys I'm lower on than most people this year, or took guys a little earlier than I would prefer (I love Moore as my 6th WR, but would hate him as my 3rd). I do like Cook as a 2nd TE, Romo at QB, and that Fitz/Holmes combo at WR.

From the 10 spot.Drew BreesDonovan McNabbRashard MendenhallFrank GoreMichael TurnerLaDainian TomlinsonDonald BrownShane VereenMarques ColstonSantana MossSteve Smith(car)Roy WilliamsBernard BerrianSidney RiceDezmon BriscoeGreg OlsenMarcedes LewisEd DicksonMason CrosbyPittsburgh Steelers
I think that's a weird order to list your WRs at - at first glance, it seems like a dropoff, until you notice that Rice is there in the 6th spot. I like this team a lot. TE is a pretty noticeable problem, but Turner as RB3 and Brees at QB are probaby the choices you made instead of TE, and it makes sense. I don't really like Berrian in anything but a best-ball format, but that's fine.

6-spot this evening. I know my WRs leave a bit to be desired and my RBs are an injury concern. I was concerned about getting a top TE though and knocked that out of the park I think. I put the rds in for the starters

Rivers - 5

Sanchez

Foster - 1

MJD - 2

Helu

B Scott

Vereen

Collie - 7

Sidney Rice - 8

Steve Smith CAR

Lee Evans

Donnie Avery

Jabar Gaffney

Harry Douglas

Finley - 3

Dallas Clark - 4

Vernon Davis - 6

Cundiff

GB

DAL

Draftin from the 5th spot

QB: Brady 4

Colt Mccoy

RB: Lesean Mccoy 1

Steven jackson 2

Pierre thomas

Mccluster

Snelling

WR: Boldin 5

Manningham 6

Maclin

Hines ward

Breaston

James Jones

TE: Dallas Clark 3

Todd Heap

Chris Cooley

DST: Jets

P/K: Josh Brown

First time in a major draft. That was a lot harder than I thought, usually I play with idiots that dont know much. anyone that could give me a review on how I did that would be awesome

Draftin from the 5th spot QB: Brady 4 Colt Mccoy RB: Lesean Mccoy 1 Steven jackson 2 Pierre thomas Mccluster Snelling WR: Boldin 5 Manningham 6 Maclin Hines ward Breaston James Jones TE: Dallas Clark 3 Todd Heap Chris Cooley DST: Jets P/K: Josh Brown First time in a major draft. That was a lot harder than I thought, usually I play with idiots that dont know much. anyone that could give me a review on how I did that would be awesome
I think you have a solid team. But the fact that you went RB/RB/TE, I would have drafted a WR1 instead of Brady instead of round 4. There is some good WR value in round 4 of FFPC drafts this year. And in some drafts, you can still get a top 6 QB like Rivers or Manning in round 6 who could outscore Brady.

6-spot this evening. I know my WRs leave a bit to be desired and my RBs are an injury concern. I was concerned about getting a top TE though and knocked that out of the park I think. I put the rds in for the startersRivers - 5SanchezFoster - 1MJD - 2HeluB ScottVereenCollie - 7Sidney Rice - 8Steve Smith CARLee EvansDonnie AveryJabar GaffneyHarry DouglasFinley - 3Dallas Clark - 4Vernon Davis - 6CundiffGBDAL
This is a really interesting team, as you will obviously be flexing 2 TE every week and they all could finish top 5. I think if you would have went WR1 in round 3 instead of Finley, your team would be more balanced as you don't have a true WR1. But I am sure you didn't think Clark and VD would slip that far when you picked Finley. You got great value with those picks and also Foster at 1.6. But with Collie as your WR1, that could be problematic. You will need to be active on the WW. Still I think that murderers row lineup of TE will strike fear into the hearts of your opponents every week IF they can stay healthy.

Draftin from the 5th spot QB: Brady 4 Colt Mccoy RB: Lesean Mccoy 1 Steven jackson 2 Pierre thomas Mccluster Snelling WR: Boldin 5 Manningham 6 Maclin Hines ward Breaston James Jones TE: Dallas Clark 3 Todd Heap Chris Cooley DST: Jets P/K: Josh Brown First time in a major draft. That was a lot harder than I thought, usually I play with idiots that dont know much. anyone that could give me a review on how I did that would be awesome
great draft for the first few rounds. manninghamm in the 6th could be a steal. but you needed to swing for the fences more imo. i don't see any of your flex 2 or bench guys becoming a nicks/hillis/vick/foster type stud that can propel you. dallas clark in the 3rd is a bit early imo, which is fine, but only if you grab a guy like hendricks or hernandez who might bust out. as it stands, your depth at te, and all around depth is consistent, but not really frightening. i think you're a lock to be at least in the middle of the pack points.

6-spot this evening. I know my WRs leave a bit to be desired and my RBs are an injury concern. I was concerned about getting a top TE though and knocked that out of the park I think. I put the rds in for the startersRivers - 5SanchezFoster - 1MJD - 2HeluB ScottVereenCollie - 7Sidney Rice - 8Steve Smith CARLee EvansDonnie AveryJabar GaffneyHarry DouglasFinley - 3Dallas Clark - 4Vernon Davis - 6CundiffGBDAL
This is a really interesting team, as you will obviously be flexing 2 TE every week and they all could finish top 5. I think if you would have went WR1 in round 3 instead of Finley, your team would be more balanced as you don't have a true WR1. But I am sure you didn't think Clark and VD would slip that far when you picked Finley. You got great value with those picks and also Foster at 1.6. But with Collie as your WR1, that could be problematic. You will need to be active on the WW. Still I think that murderers row lineup of TE will strike fear into the hearts of your opponents every week IF they can stay healthy.
this is pretty spot on analysis. imo. i'll be a little more critical and say your roster's talent is great, but is less than the sum of the parts. imo you need to have either solid WR3 with upside RB 2 or solid RB 3 with upside WR 2. You have backup RB 3 and questionable WR 2. foster mjd was a great start, but you should have pounded the rb position. with bye weeks and injuries, you're going to need some waiver wire help.

Drafted this afternoon out of the 2 spot. Below are my picks with thinking behind them.

Round 1: Chris Johnson (RB): Would have taken Rice if he fell to me but am happy with CJ2K.

Round 2: Mike Wallace (WR): Going for a strong upside WR1 in this spot. AJ, Roddy, Calvin, Fitz, Nicks, Jennings, VJax all off the board and didnt love any of the RBs here.

Round 3: Jason Witten (TE): Love to consistency with Witten as a TE1 with the 1.5 ppr for TE. I would have considered Felix here but he was picked right before me.

Round 4: Dez Bryant (WR): High upside pick although somewhat concerned about having Witten/Bryant playing every week.

Round 5: Santonio Holmes (WR): More consistent WR who is the clear #1 for the NYJ. Also considered Harvin, Chris Wells, Lynch

Round 6: Cedric Benson (RB): I know not the greatest RB2 but ownership in CIN seems to love him so I figure he will be the bellcow. Brady almost fell to me which I would have loved to have had in this spot. Also considered Romo, Collie, Jacobs

Round 7: Mike Tolbert (RB): He is a reception machine in SD and I doubt Mathews is able to take the job to himself. Also considered Jacobs, Pierre Thomas

Round 8: Greg Olsen (TE): Love Olsen this year. I expect him to be one of my flex players each week. He was my target here although I would have also considered Cook or Kendricks

Round 9: Matt Stafford (QB): Love his upside although Im scared to death of his injury history. Also considered Bradford (Stafford was the 12th QB off the board)

Round 10: Ben Tate (RB): Figured he wouldnt last any longer and if Foster's injury is longer term he could be fantasy gold.

Round 11: Earl Bennett (WR): I expect him to be the leading receiver for the Bears once all is settled. Also considered Woodhead, Knox, Harrison

Round 12: Marion Barber (RB): Sleeper. He has looked very good in CHI and could be the goalline back. Also considered LT, Hunter, Sanders

Round 13: Jay Cutler (QB): Not my favorite QB but has a decent matchup during Stafford's bye week. Also considered Orton

Round 14: Emmanuel Sanders (WR): I was targetting him all along and am happy to have him in the 14th.

Round 15: Packers Defense: Usually dont pick a defense this early but love their schedule after week 1

Round 16: Jabar Gaffney (WR): Starting WR in Washington who has shown some good flashes. Not a high upside pick but I think he will be good.

Round 17: Jamie Harper (RB): Handcuff for CJ2K

Round 18: Giants Defense: Attractive week 1 matchup vs the Skins. First time Ive ever had two defenses but I really like both D's this year

Round 19: Kyle Rudolph (TE): Wait and see player to see how he does with McNabb and to see what his role is with Shiancoe already there. I also considered some other players but they were not taken in the draft so I dont want to mention on here.

Round 20: Jason Hanson (PK): Had to take a kicker.

My overall team:

QB: Stafford, Cutler

RB: CJ2K, Benson, Tolbert, Tate, Barber, Harper

WR: Wallace, Dez Bryant, Holmes, Bennett, Sanders, Gaffney

TE: Witten, Olsen, Rudolph

K: Hanson

D: Packers, Giants

Drafted from the 12 spot 8.31.10RomoMcNabbBeckMcFaddenBradshawIngramSpillerStarksJ.RodgersHardestyFitzgeraldS.HolmesD.Moore (Oak)E.BennettD.BriscoeE.DeckerWinslowJ.CookGreen BayJ.BrownLike my RBs a lot and will probably flex two most weeks, but wish I could have snagged another top 12 TE and another WR2/3, but feel pretty good overall...
I don't love this team. I don't think there's anything wrong with the positions you took at your picks, you just happened to pick a lot of guys I'm lower on than most people this year, or took guys a little earlier than I would prefer (I love Moore as my 6th WR, but would hate him as my 3rd). I do like Cook as a 2nd TE, Romo at QB, and that Fitz/Holmes combo at WR.
Thanks for taking the time to respond Tick.I agree with your analysis. I was really hoping to see bigger values fall to me at the 1/2, 3/4, and 7/8 turns. Unfortunately drafting out of the 12 spot wasn't as easy to take advantage of as I had hoped it would be. I was disappointed several times in the talent that went just before me, but I tried to take what the draft gave me and strategize accordingly. In the end I 'like' my team to be competitive, but I don't 'love' it or find it overly 'interesting'.I'm not high on DMC, Bradshaw, Ingram, Spiller, or really any of my WRs outside of Fitz/Holmes. Fitz was an easy choice at the 1/2 turn but afterwards I was torn between MJD and DMC, and decided Saunders' previous coaching track record with prolific running games, plus DMC's continued improvement in 2010 trumped rumors of an MJD microfracture offseason surgery. I may well regret passing on MJD there though, as he is a favorite of mine, and under normal circumstances I would have taken him and banked on a top 5 RB performance. Of course under normal circumstances he's not there to tempt me...At the 3/4 turn I was really hoping to catch D. Williams or a no brainer WR to slide to me. Instead I was confronted with Bradshaw/Ingram/Matthews/Moreno/Wells/Hightower (and my top two tiers of WRs and top 3 TEs were gone). I figured I would have a better chance of catching a #2 WR at the 5/6 turn than having to scrounge for a 3rd RB, so I grabbed two RBs. Similar to the DMC pick I didn't really love Bradshaw and Ingram, and thought about a TE, but felt the dwindling RB positional scarcity represented too much value to pass up on two of them here.At 5/6 WR was drying up fast and I was fortunate that Holmes fell to me, and decided that Romo was too good to pass up. Extremely pleased with this turn...At 7/8 Winslow was the best TE available and helped fill an important starting spot. Starks was a bit unconventional but he is a guy I had targeted at this point in the draft going in, and I'll gamble that he's going to be a consistent flex for me in a few weeks time. Two guys I was targeting at this point and fairly happy with this turn.9/10 Spiller isn't a guy I was targetting at all, but since he was the best RB available and a value at this spot, felt compelled to take him, and grabbed Cook over Kendricks here (another potential regret, and I may have been better off taking both of these high upside TEs, as they were the only two left worth drafting at this turn). Feeling a little unsettled at this point, and gambling the RBs rostered are potentially better flexes for my team than the Cook/Kendricks combo I coulda/woulda/shoulda taken...After that I just missed out on Steve Smith (CAR) and was so worried about WR depth that I passed one turn too many on M.Bush, and drafted purely for upside in Moore/Bennett and a few turns later in Briscoe/Decker. Hardesty may have been a throw away pick, but otherwise I'm OK with my late round picks. Having solid starters and six weeks to find a WR3 to cover Fitz & Holmes bye weeks, and especially the depth at RB to possibly flex two if things break right, could be enough to take me pretty far. However, only time will tell, and I'm afraid passing on talents like MJD and Kendricks (and missing out on DMCs primary backup in M.Bush) may come back to haunt me big time...

1 hole 1 ap 24 vick 25 finley 48 dclark 49 ingram 72 aj green 73 austin colie 96 dan thomas 97 s rice 116 rash jennings 117 crabtree snelling shianco helu late ist big draft like this can any one tell me what u think?,couldnt help myself w vick at 24! wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for taking the time to respond Tick.I agree with your analysis. I was really hoping to see bigger values fall to me at the 1/2, 3/4, and 7/8 turns. Unfortunately drafting out of the 12 spot wasn't as easy to take advantage of as I had hoped it would be. I was disappointed several times in the talent that went just before me, but I tried to take what the draft gave me and strategize accordingly. In the end I 'like' my team to be competitive, but I don't 'love' it or find it overly 'interesting'.I'm not high on DMC, Bradshaw, Ingram, Spiller, or really any of my WRs outside of Fitz/Holmes. Fitz was an easy choice at the 1/2 turn but afterwards I was torn between MJD and DMC, and decided Saunders' previous coaching track record with prolific running games, plus DMC's continued improvement in 2010 trumped rumors of an MJD microfracture offseason surgery. I may well regret passing on MJD there though, as he is a favorite of mine, and under normal circumstances I would have taken him and banked on a top 5 RB performance. Of course under normal circumstances he's not there to tempt me...At the 3/4 turn I was really hoping to catch D. Williams or a no brainer WR to slide to me. Instead I was confronted with Bradshaw/Ingram/Matthews/Moreno/Wells/Hightower (and my top two tiers of WRs and top 3 TEs were gone). I figured I would have a better chance of catching a #2 WR at the 5/6 turn than having to scrounge for a 3rd RB, so I grabbed two RBs. Similar to the DMC pick I didn't really love Bradshaw and Ingram, and thought about a TE, but felt the dwindling RB positional scarcity represented too much value to pass up on two of them here.At 5/6 WR was drying up fast and I was fortunate that Holmes fell to me, and decided that Romo was too good to pass up. Extremely pleased with this turn...At 7/8 Winslow was the best TE available and helped fill an important starting spot. Starks was a bit unconventional but he is a guy I had targeted at this point in the draft going in, and I'll gamble that he's going to be a consistent flex for me in a few weeks time. Two guys I was targeting at this point and fairly happy with this turn.9/10 Spiller isn't a guy I was targetting at all, but since he was the best RB available and a value at this spot, felt compelled to take him, and grabbed Cook over Kendricks here (another potential regret, and I may have been better off taking both of these high upside TEs, as they were the only two left worth drafting at this turn). Feeling a little unsettled at this point, and gambling the RBs rostered are potentially better flexes for my team than the Cook/Kendricks combo I coulda/woulda/shoulda taken...After that I just missed out on Steve Smith (CAR) and was so worried about WR depth that I passed one turn too many on M.Bush, and drafted purely for upside in Moore/Bennett and a few turns later in Briscoe/Decker. Hardesty may have been a throw away pick, but otherwise I'm OK with my late round picks. Having solid starters and six weeks to find a WR3 to cover Fitz & Holmes bye weeks, and especially the depth at RB to possibly flex two if things break right, could be enough to take me pretty far. However, only time will tell, and I'm afraid passing on talents like MJD and Kendricks (and missing out on DMCs primary backup in M.Bush) may come back to haunt me big time...
great post. i think this thread in general needs to hear more thinking about the drafting process. thank you for providing that.you spotted the point that you missed on bush. and at least you grabbed the right kind of guy in spiller over cook/hendricks. overall, i also "like" this team, but don't love it. your wr3 hopefully will get sorted out. i just don't know if winslow as te 1 and relying on early season timeshares (ingram, starks, spiller_ is going to work out for you. will definitely be a better week 12 team than week 1. good luck.

check out witchee 666...eerily simillar..good luck

This was my 8/14 draft which I feel is going to be my poorest team because of limited upside at FLEX 1, reliance on two rookie WR whose best weeks are probably going to be weeks 12-17, and Lloyd showing signs of an injured knee. It was my first draft of the year and I went into it relying mostly on draft dominator to do its work. I received the 7th spot and intended to get McFadden or CJ. Wound up with Mccoy.

1 LeSean McCoy

Not a hard choice, McFadden went 4th.

2 Steven Jackson

Fitz nearly made it back to me. Also considered Gore. Ingram went 2.2 which is the highest I've seen him. Hard not to pound RBs in rounds 1-2 when the talent level at WR in rounds 3-5 are all about the same.

3 Greg Jennings

I panicked and went with Jennings over Vjax. Looking back, I should have went Vjax because he fits as a preseason riser, all world talent, room for more in the offense, great QB. Jennings was a safe pick for me. Explosive WR1, but not likely to improve on his stats/draft position. Vjax is now sometimes a late 1st and off the board by the end of the 2nd.

4 Brandon Lloyd

Another safe pick. In later drafts I realized his ADP is a full round lower. Should have grabbed Deangelo or Marshall here as both fit as potential preaseason risers. Collie went 4.12, Britt 5.1 and I thought that was awful at the time, but they would not have made it to the 67 turn. When drafting at the turns just get the players you expect a lot out of. The FPC is crazy unpredictable and you can't expect to be the smartest guy in the room. You can't afford to wait on premium talent falling because while there will be an idiot or two, don't underestimate the other 11 guys.

5 Santonio Holmes

No regrets, I passed on all upper tier QBS and Graham here. I feel passing on Graham was worth it to me as early in the season TEs aren't reached on as much and other guys like Kendricks, Olsen, Davis have yet to show what they might do in their roles. Of course Graham is looking real good.

6 Fred Jackson

The pick I wish I could have back. Manningham went next pick. After looking at the bigger picture (prize structure) I find it hard to believe a guy like FJax or Benson is going to be on the roster of the 125K champ. I feel you're much better off grabbing the most explosive guy possible or a QB 1 or reaching on a question mark like Wells, Hightower, Addai, Ocho Cinco, a TE, etc. Also, from a team building aspect, I feel that with a solid RB 1 and RB 2, I didn't need a starter worthy RB3. I should have gone for a stronger FLEX 2 and worried about building depth with Woodhead, Jacobs, Tolbert committee types later in the draft.

7 Rob Gronkowski

Another weak pick. R. Bush hadn't yet established himself and would have been a better upside pick. Looking at this board with Vereen, Colston, Ryan Williams, D. Thomas going in rounds 5-7 is cause for concern, so know the risks. But the goal of an early draft should be to create a monster team and take as many risk/reward guys when their adps haven't settled. Later drafters are forced to catch up.

8 A.J. Green

9 Ben Roethlisberger

10 Greg Olsen

In love with rounds 8-11. I love that teams are drafting AJ in round 6-8 now and Ben just after Romo and Rivers. It might not work out, but I feel like I have 2 ROY canidates in decent offenses because their teams will have to pass.

11 Greg Little

12 Jerome Harrison

13 Marion Barber

panicked when my handcuff Ronnie Brown was selected. This is a better time to build some depth. One of these picks should have been a Burleson\or Hines Ward or Floyd. more than a few handcuffs like snelling, hunter, carter, redman, etc will fall to rounds 13-20. I avoided Veterans late because of perceived limited upside. But veteran players on good offenses do have potential to start rising on the draft boards... I really wish I had some bets on bounceback vets and overlooked players like Floyd and Burleson who are WR 2 on potent offenses.

14 Eagles

only d worth picking this early is the steelers and steelers have been going in rounds 9-13. went d here because I hadn't reseearched the player pool deep enough.

15 Denarius Moore

happy with this pick, but he's going a few rounds earlier now.

16 Derrick Ward

17 Garrett Hartley

Jeez. The earlier you draft, the more important it is to take a backup kicker. It's just not safe and infinitely more valuable than a QB 3 or WR 8.

18 Eddie Royal

should have grabbed decker.

19 Kyle Orton

20 Cam Newton

Drafted #1 tonight:

QB

Roethlisberger (6)

Kolb (13)

RB

Rice (1)

Bradshaw (5)

Addai (7)

Carter (12)

Stephens-Howling (20)

WR

Jennings (2)

Wallace (3)

Rice (8)

Smith CAR (9)

Floyd (11)

Bennett (15)

Williams CHI (16)

Decker (17)

TE

Daniels (4)

Keller (10)

Tamme (19)

PK

Bryant (18)

DEF

Jets (14)

If someone would give feedback on my roster that would be great

picking out of the 3 spot

Johnson, C. RB (TEN)

Jackson, S. RB (STL)

Gates, A. TE (SDG)

Bryant, D. WR (DAL)

Manningham, M. WR (NYG)

Romo, T. QB (DAL)

Green, A. WR (CIN)

Woodhead, D. RB (NWE)

Gonzalez, T. TE (ATL)

Evans, L. WR (BAL)

Packers D/ST

Williams, M. WR (SEA)

Jones, T. RB (KAN)

Murray, D. RB (DAL)

Kaeding, N. K (SDG)

Hester, D. WR (CHI)

Watson, B. TE (CLE)

Saints D/ST

Garrard, D. QB (JAC)

Hanson, J. K (DET)

umman, you got off to a great start. i don't see any weaknesses in your top 6 picks. (I've also got CJ and S Jax on one of my teams). when i look at teams i'm always looking for 10 strong starters. i'm struggling to see who your 2nd flex is. am assuming Gonzalez will be one of your flexes, but am guessing your 2nd flex will need to be Green or Evans - neither of whom you'll be able to count on. the only thing i would have done differently would have been to pass on gates and pick up the best RB or WR available. with TEs being deep this year you could have gotten a strong one later and have a nice 2nd flex. but other than that, a very strong team. you just need Green or Evans to be plausible or get your 2nd flex from the waiver wire.

much appreciated - ya my concern was wr-- flex being evans/green/gonzales with 70 catches last year at 1.5 PPR not bad..hopefully he is productive again

Just finished up my draft from the 5 spot. So many guys "got away" from me by one pick. I cursed out loud too many times! Almost had an amazing draft but this squad will probably need some lucky breaks along with some early WW pickups to make an impact. I am not in love with my TE's or RB's. I think going with Vick did hurt me a bit in hindsight. Would appreciate your thoughts.

QB

Michael Vick

Matt Ryan

RB

LeSean McCoy

Michael Turner

Ladanian Tomlinson

Jerome Harrison

Jason Snelling

Dexter McCluster

LaRod Stevens-Howling

WR

Reggie Wayne

Marques Colston

Mike Thomas

Santana Moss

Derrick Mason

Roscoe Parrish

Danario Alexander

TE

Marcedes Lewis

Dustin Keller

K

Sebastian Janikowski

DST

Saints DST

Drafted 8th and just finished up. How did I do?

Tom Brady NEP (4th)

Jason Campbell OAK (18th)

Rashard Mendenhall PIT (1st)

Michael Turner ATL (2nd)

Ryan Grant GBP (5th)

CJ Spiller BUF (8th)

Deji Karim JAC (12th)

Kendall Hunter SFO (13th)

Shane Vereen NEP (15th)

Marques Colston NOS (6th)

Chad Ochocinco NEP (7th)

Malcolm Floyd SDC (11th)

Donald Driver GBP (14th)

Emmanuel Sanders PIT (20th)

Vernon Davis SFO (3rd)

Tony Gonzalez ATL (9th)

Visanthe Shiancoe MIN (16th)

Josh Brown STL (19th)

Steelers D (10th)

49ers D (17th)

Drafted late Friday night. Very pleased with how my team ended up.

I am copying and pasting my thoughts from the draft along with the picks as I had a few folks who wanted a recap of how it looked:

Picked 5th out of 12

Typing this email as I go.....

Going to try and stick to waiting on a QB til 7-8th round.

1.05 Chris Johnson

(1st round notes, Brady :confused: , Roddy White, Fitzgerald all go in 1st)

2.08 Steven Jackson (wanted two stud RB's after alot of WR's and 2 QB's gone, still going to try and wait til 7-8th to get a QB)(Vick and Rodgers go in this round along with Gates 1.5ppr for TE's)

3.05 Miles Austin (lots of WR's to go with, tempted with Romo, but sticking to my guns on no QB early, seeing a TE run now, will grab one, hopefully Olsen or Pettigrew in next few rounds, Dez Bryant is the last pick of this round. Moreno went early this round....oof)

4.08 Mike Williams TB (Love this guy in a PPR)(TE's going early, may pull the trigger on Romo or Rivers in rd 5)

5.05 Ryan Mathews (Romo and Rivers still on the board here, but everything I've read about this draft says wait, wait, wait on QBs, confident in a PPR with Mathews as a flex, riding him after a crappy last year. BYE weeks 5 and 6 are adding up)

6.08 Tony Romo (Well, he was still on the board, and the 3 guys left in this round had no QB's(THANKS DRAFT DOMINATOR), so I bit. Need to look at bye week strategy now,I think my taking good RB's early is paying off, Tolbert went this round, Ochocinco went as well, looking for Julio next round for my WR3/Flex)

7.05 Julio Jones (Guy at the 6/7th round turn took Peyton and Big Ben, so my gamble on a top 5 QB paid off, need to go back to back TE' or another starting WR in round 8/9)

8.08 Mercedes Lewis (Right on his ADP, solid pick as Garrard loves him and he's one of the few remaining targets for Garrard)

(TE's flying off teh board now...Snelling went as someone's RB2, WTF?, Wanted to target Olsen in the next round, but he and Lewis have the same BYE)

9.05 Matt Ryan (No TE's left to reach for right now, went with the best available player. Great insurance for Romo. Getting alot of flack in the chat portion of the draft from the 3 guys who were targeting him at the end of this round)

10.08 Jonathan Stewart (Going with value picks now. Lots of crazy picks going this round with guys scrambling for RB's and QB's,Guy who picked 10th overall still has no QB)

11.05 Jermaine Gresham (Needed a second TE, and they were getting thin. He's actually ranked in my top 20 and there were 22 taken so far, Packers S taken this round, hope it spurs a D run along with a QB2 run as I have 2 guys I really want as bench WRs, if I get one on the way back I may target Ben Tate just to hopefully start a handcuff run. As I typed that, Nate Burleson and Ben Tate went OTB. Handcuffs flying now)

12.08 Pittsburgh D (2 of my guys I wanted are gone, hope to start a run. Targeting Earl Bennett next, hearing good things about him)

13.04 Earl Bennett (Love this guy's potential, hindsight should have taken Crabtree as the bye week is not a good one for my team. Luckily my flexes will take care of it for now. Week 8 will be teh suck for me)

14.08 Michael Crabtree (Got him anyway, his adp was 3 rounds earlier. Looking for best value on these next 4-5 picks before getting a Kicker)

15.04 Greg Little (Don't know much about this rookie, but he's got the talent to emerge later in the year???)

16.08 Philly D (Value too good to pass up, going to try and take advantage of FBGPC D scoring by flipping my two great D's)

17.04 Taiwan Jones (Heard alot about him. If McFadden goes down, thsi guy will get a shot alongside M Bush)

18.08 Gostowski

19.04 Donald Driver (Old, but could be an excellent WR3/bye week filler if he stays healthy)

20.08 lol, Cam Newton (What if he turns into the next Michael Vick???)

Not in love with this team as your RB's, while good have little PPR value. Grant is now not worth a 5th round pick. WR's are thin, TE's are decent, I don't think Shiancoe was drafted in my draft friday night. Brady in the 4th was nice, especially since he went in the first round in my FBG draft.

Drafted 8th and just finished up. How did I do?Tom Brady NEP (4th)Jason Campbell OAK (18th)Rashard Mendenhall PIT (1st)Michael Turner ATL (2nd)Ryan Grant GBP (5th)CJ Spiller BUF (8th)Deji Karim JAC (12th)Kendall Hunter SFO (13th)Shane Vereen NEP (15th)Marques Colston NOS (6th)Chad Ochocinco NEP (7th)Malcolm Floyd SDC (11th)Donald Driver GBP (14th)Emmanuel Sanders PIT (20th)Vernon Davis SFO (3rd)Tony Gonzalez ATL (9th)Visanthe Shiancoe MIN (16th)Josh Brown STL (19th)Steelers D (10th)49ers D (17th)

I drafted 5th as well, posted in this thread just now. Would be interested to see where you got Ryan, as I got him a my QB2 behind Romo.

Not alot of depth at RB and WR, especially if Manning doesn't return for a while.

'Romofan said:
Just finished up my draft from the 5 spot. So many guys "got away" from me by one pick. I cursed out loud too many times! Almost had an amazing draft but this squad will probably need some lucky breaks along with some early WW pickups to make an impact. I am not in love with my TE's or RB's. I think going with Vick did hurt me a bit in hindsight. Would appreciate your thoughts.

QB

Michael Vick

Matt Ryan

RB

LeSean McCoy

Michael Turner

Ladanian Tomlinson

Jerome Harrison

Jason Snelling

Dexter McCluster

LaRod Stevens-Howling

WR

Reggie Wayne

Marques Colston

Mike Thomas

Santana Moss

Derrick Mason

Roscoe Parrish

Danario Alexander

TE

Marcedes Lewis

Dustin Keller

K

Sebastian Janikowski

DST

Saints DST

Picked 12th..

Schaub (7)

Cassel (18)

Jerome Harrison (11)

Hightower (5)

Green-Ellis (8)

Matthews (4 - reached because I didn't want a 4th WR so early)

Helu (13)

Ward (10)

Fitzgerald (1)

Marshall (3)

Breaston (14)

Steve Johnson (6)

Crabtree (12)

Nicks (2)

Watson (16)

Zach Miller (9)

Tamme (20)

Vinatieri (19)

Cundiff (17)

Giants (15)

From the 7th spot - thoughts on our top 8

Charles, Jamaal RB (1) - Gladly took Charles after he fell to us at 7

Jackson, Steven RB (2) - With the dual flex wanted to be strong at RB

Bradshaw, Ahmad RB (3) - Thought about elite TE or WR here, but felt we would have the top 3 RB combo in our league with this pick

Austin, Miles WR (4) - Took Miles as the WR were flying off the board and we were excited Miles was still on the board. Dez Bryant went the pick before.

Romo, Tony QB (5) - Took Romo to get a top 5 QB and to matchup with Miles

Benson, Cedric RB (6) - Added depth to the strong core of RB's. For sure a possible flex starter

Moss, Santana WR (7) - Took what we felt was best available WR at the time

Steelers, Pittsburgh D/ST (8) - Took the best DF. Advantage at DF every week.

Green, A.J. WR (9)

Gonzalez, Tony TE (10)

Floyd, Malcom WR (11)

Burress, Plaxico WR (12)

Campbell, Jason QB (13)

Jones, Thomas RB (14)

Keller, Dustin TE (15)

Crosby, Mason K (16)

Giants, New York D/ST (17)

Miller, Heath TE (18)

Gerhart, Toby RB (19)

Vinatieri, Adam K (20)

From the 7th spot - thoughts on our top 8Charles, Jamaal RB (1) - Gladly took Charles after he fell to us at 7Jackson, Steven RB (2) - With the dual flex wanted to be strong at RBBradshaw, Ahmad RB (3) - Thought about elite TE or WR here, but felt we would have the top 3 RB combo in our league with this pick Austin, Miles WR (4) - Took Miles as the WR were flying off the board and we were excited Miles was still on the board. Dez Bryant went the pick before.Romo, Tony QB (5) - Took Romo to get a top 5 QB and to matchup with MilesBenson, Cedric RB (6) - Added depth to the strong core of RB's. For sure a possible flex starter Moss, Santana WR (7) - Took what we felt was best available WR at the timeSteelers, Pittsburgh D/ST (8) - Took the best DF. Advantage at DF every week.Green, A.J. WR (9)Gonzalez, Tony TE (10)Floyd, Malcom WR (11)Burress, Plaxico WR (12)Campbell, Jason QB (13)Jones, Thomas RB (14)Keller, Dustin TE (15)Crosby, Mason K (16)Giants, New York D/ST (17) Miller, Heath TE (18)Gerhart, Toby RB (19) Vinatieri, Adam K (20)
What WRs/TE's were available when you took Bradshaw in rd 3?What RB's/WR's were available at your Rd 5 & 6 picks?

From the 7th spot - thoughts on our top 8Charles, Jamaal RB (1) - Gladly took Charles after he fell to us at 7Jackson, Steven RB (2) - With the dual flex wanted to be strong at RBBradshaw, Ahmad RB (3) - Thought about elite TE or WR here, but felt we would have the top 3 RB combo in our league with this pick Austin, Miles WR (4) - Took Miles as the WR were flying off the board and we were excited Miles was still on the board. Dez Bryant went the pick before.Romo, Tony QB (5) - Took Romo to get a top 5 QB and to matchup with MilesBenson, Cedric RB (6) - Added depth to the strong core of RB's. For sure a possible flex starter Moss, Santana WR (7) - Took what we felt was best available WR at the timeSteelers, Pittsburgh D/ST (8) - Took the best DF. Advantage at DF every week.Green, A.J. WR (9)Gonzalez, Tony TE (10)Floyd, Malcom WR (11)Burress, Plaxico WR (12)Campbell, Jason QB (13)Jones, Thomas RB (14)Keller, Dustin TE (15)Crosby, Mason K (16)Giants, New York D/ST (17) Miller, Heath TE (18)Gerhart, Toby RB (19) Vinatieri, Adam K (20)
What WRs/TE's were available when you took Bradshaw in rd 3?What RB's/WR's were available at your Rd 5 & 6 picks?
rd 3... Wayne, Marshall, Gates, Bowe, DeSean Jackson, Clark, Wittenrd 5&6... Welker, Lloyd, Steve Johnson, Mannigham, Green-Ellis, Holmes, Harvin, Fred Jackson, Julio Jones, Addai, Tolbert, Collie, Grant, Lynch, Boldin

Drafting 9th...

01 - Andre Johnson

02 - Darren McFadden

03 - Tom Brady

04 - Brandon Marshall

05 - Reggie Bush

06 - Fred Jackson

07 - Austin Collie

08 - Rob Gronkowski

09 - Mike Thomas

10 - Ben Tate

11 - Packers DEF

12 - Michael Bush

13 - Heath Miller

14 - Derrick Ward

15 - Donald Driver

16 - Randy Moss

17 - Nate Kaeding

18 - Kevin Boss

19 - Terrell Owens

20 - Kerry Collins

Likely week one starting lineup...

QB - Tom Brady

RB - Darren McFadden

RB - Reggie Bush

RB - Fred Jackson

WR - Andre Johnson

WR - Brandon Marshall

WR - Austin Collie

TE - Rob Gronkowski

PK - Nate Kaeding

TD - Green Bay Packers

I am hoping a PPR TE by committee of Gronkowski and Miller can hold up, and that my swing for the fences late fliers on Tate/Ward and Moss/Owens pan out. I think the 2 flex positions will let me plug in Donald Driver and Mike Thomas as needed to make up for the loss of depth the fliers on Houston RBs and FA WRs cost me.

Snuck a draft in last night. Drafted 2nd.

1 - Adrian Peterson - Gave McCoy a few thoughts, but went the safer? route

2 - Hakeem Nicks - Major TE(4)/QB(3) run in the 2nd. Had Vincent Jackson, Jennings, Gore, Hillis all still on the board

3 - Frank Gore - VJ went on the wrap, other sliders snapped up immediately after my pick

4 - Mark Ingram - Only other real option was Brady, he went on the wrap

5 - Dez Bryant - I passed on Welker, Romo, Steve Johnson. Might regret this one

6 - Matt Schaub - My only real blunder. I had visions of turning Owen Daniels and Schaub at 6/7 but Daniels went earlier, followed by a major run on the last of RBs. I panicked. Could have went Addai or Winslow.

7 - Julio Jones - Should find out quickly if he's a weekly starter or a pile.

8 - Tony Gonzalez - Mid-tier TEs and prime backup RBs are starting to drop, the 1.5 PPR makes him at least a little attractive. Gronkowski almost fell to me.

9 - AJ Green - Somebody's gotta win OROY, may as well be on my team.

10 - Joe Flacco - Got in early on the backup QBs. Was looking around for Pierre Thomas, I completely missed he went in the 6th.

11 - Aaron Hernandez - 8 TEs went between my Gonzalez pick and this one. I'll take it.

12 - Bernard Scott - Feeling pretty good about fielding a reasonable starting lineup at this point. Time to start panning for gold.

13 - Jason Snelling

14 - Deji Karim

15 - Andre Roberts

16 - Toby Gerhart

17 - Lions D

18 - Devin Hester - Was surprised to see him still lingering around. Should be a perfect emergency starter.

19 - Mason Crosby

20 - Julius Thomas - Had Randy Moss, Randall Cobb and Julius queued up for this pick, they were all there.

What I consider my best draft of the 3 I did- With the first pick in the draft

1.01 Adrian Peterson

2.12 M Vick

3.01 J Finley

4.12 Dez Bryant

5.01 Deangelo W

6.12 A Collie

7.01 K Britt

8.12 J Stewart

9.01 B Pettigrew

10.12 W McGahee

11.01 L Tomlinson

12.12 E Bennett

13.01 M Crabtree

14.12 M Barber

15.01 Eagles DST

16.12 L Booker

17.01 Leon Washington

18.12 S Janikowski

19.01 E Moore

20.12 T Choice

From the 7 spot...

1. J. Charles, RB

2. S. Jackson, RB

3. R. Matthews, RB

4. P. Rivers, QB

5. B. Lloyd, WR

6. S. Holmes, WR

7. M. Lynch, RB

8. B. Pettigrew, TE

9. L. Moore, WR

10. Packers, DST

11. T. Jones, RB

12. G. Little, WR

13. I. Redman, RB

14. Lions, DST

15. R. Fitzpatrick, QB

16. D. Moore, WR

17. E. Moore, TE

18. M. Williams, WR

19. J. Brown, K

20. L. Washington, RB

My first ever FBGPC draft...from the 11 spot...

6) T. ROMO

17)M. HASSELBECK

1) D. MCFADDEN

2) F. GORE

3) R. MATHEWS

10)M. BUSH

12)B. SCOTT

13)M. BARBER

14)K. HUNTER

5) M. MANNINGHAM

7) M. THOMAS

9) L. MOORE

11)M. FLOYD

15)E. BENNETT

16)D. MOORE

18)S. SMITH

4) J. WITTEN

8) A. HERNANDEZ

19)J. BROWN

20)RAMS

Really went into the draft wanting to go WR/WR, but AJ went at 5 and Fitz and Calvin right before me...so changed up and went with RB trio to core my group. Was really worried about getting TE/WR/QB value after that, but grabbed Witten as the 4th TE taken. Then surprisingly saw Romo and Manningham still there at the 5/6 turn. Thrilled! Ended with no clear #1 WR, but feel like I've got some great PPR talent with a lot of upside and I also think Hernandez ends up top 8 TE so I feel like I'm pretty solid there too. I really like my final team, especially with the PPR format, but I have to pray that Romo stays healthy as I waited way too late to get a backup there.

Advice/comments welcome!!

OK, feel free to tear me a new one! Tried a bit of an extreme "upside down" draft and I'm not sure yet how I feel about the results:

FROM THE 7 SPOT -

Josh Freeman (9)

Joe Flaco (11)

Tim Hightower (5)

Joseph Addai (7)

James Starks (8)

Roy Helu (12)

Montario Hardesty (13)

Kendall Hunter (15)

Isaac Redman (16)

Larry Fitzgerald (1)

Vincent Jackson (2)

Brandon Marshall (3) - passed on Michael Turner

Mike Williams - TAM (4) - passed on Beanie Wells/Mark Ingram

Mario Manningham (6)

Emmanuel Sanders (17)

Danario Alexander (18)

Brandon Pettigrew (10)

Fred Davis (14)

Josh Brown

Denver

- The way I see it is I need some luck and some real good waiver wire magic in the RB department. If Pettigrew stays healthy and Fred Davis takes over for Chris Cooley given my WR corps I won't ever need to play more than 1 TE.

Thoughts? Criticisms? Want to call me the idiot I may turn out to be?

Drafted last night. The draft didn't unfold as I had hoped / planned at all, but nonetheless I'm very happy with my team.

Tom Brady - 5

Colt McCoy - 16

Chris Johnson - 1

Mark Ingram -4

Marshawn Lynch - 6

Marion Barber - 12

Javon Ringer -13

Roy Helu - 15

Greg Jennings - 2

Miles Austin - 3

Chad Ochocinco - 8

Braylon Edwards -10

Mike Williams -14

Harry Douglas - 18

Steve Smith - 19

Randy Moss -20

Rob Gronkowski - 7

Greg Olsen - 9

Nick Kaeding - 17

Green Bay DST - 11

From the 8th spot in last night's debacle of a draft. Second year in the FPC and I like my squad a LOT better than the one I had last year (where i grabbed MJD at 4):

Eli Manning

Matt Hasselbeck

Rashard Mendenhall

Steven Jackson

Deangelo Williams

Jonathan Stewart

Montario Hardesty

Ryan Torain

Tashard Choice

Anquan Boldin

Chad Ochocinco

Plaxico Burress

Mike Sims-Walker

Roy Williams

Randy Moss

Jason Witten

Jimmy Graham

Visanthe Shiancoe

Robbie Gould

Philly Def

I think I am a randy Moss signing with Patriots away from a stellar team...any opinions, help, suggestions is much appreciated!!

From the 8th spot in last night's debacle of a draft. Second year in the FPC and I like my squad a LOT better than the one I had last year (where i grabbed MJD at 4):Eli ManningMatt HasselbeckRashard MendenhallSteven JacksonDeangelo WilliamsJonathan StewartMontario HardestyRyan TorainTashard ChoiceAnquan BoldinChad OchocincoPlaxico BurressMike Sims-WalkerRoy WilliamsRandy MossJason WittenJimmy GrahamVisanthe ShiancoeRobbie GouldPhilly DefI think I am a randy Moss signing with Patriots away from a stellar team...any opinions, help, suggestions is much appreciated!!
1st 6 picks are awesome. great job

Drafted last night. The draft didn't unfold as I had hoped / planned at all, but nonetheless I'm very happy with my team.Tom Brady - 5Colt McCoy - 16Chris Johnson - 1Mark Ingram -4Marshawn Lynch - 6Marion Barber - 12Javon Ringer -13Roy Helu - 15Greg Jennings - 2Miles Austin - 3Chad Ochocinco - 8Braylon Edwards -10Mike Williams -14Harry Douglas - 18Steve Smith - 19Randy Moss -20Rob Gronkowski - 7Greg Olsen - 9Nick Kaeding - 17Green Bay DST - 11
i can see why you're optimistic with cj and ingram. looks good. will need to get some decent weeks from lynch though and not sure i like those prospects.

From the 3 spot last night...

QB: Brees (4), Fitzpatrick (13)

RB: CJ3 (1), MJD (2), Hillis (3), Harrison (12), Barber (15), Taiwan Jones (19)

WR: Holmes (5), A.J. Green (6), M. Thomas (7), Floyd (10), A. Roberts (14), Shipley (17)

TE: Winslow (8), Cook (9), Beckum (20)

K: Bryant (18)

D: Steelers (11), Lions (16)

Pretty happy with this team. Would have liked to see Boldin or Manningham available in the 6th but Green should be serviceable this year with decent TD upside. RBs are obviously the key to the team.

Hey guys, figured I would see what everybody thought of the draft that I finished this morning. I picked out of the 6th slot and I think I made a few unconventional moves, let me know what you think.

QBs

Vick (2)

Orton

Young

RBs

Charles(1)

Addai (7)

Grant(8)

Spiller

WRs

Lloyd (5)

Colston (6)

Braylon Edwards

Roy Williams

Steve Smith (Philly)

TEs

Gates (3)

Witten (4)

Zach Miller (Sea)

Drafted tonight - first time ever in FBGPC - 5th spot...took a shot with a different strategy than what I've been seeing...how'd I do?

1) Foster (a little surprised he fell this far...was planning on McCoy here)

2) SJax (absolutely love him as a 2nd back)

3) Bradshaw (wanted to guard against Foster hammy issues)

4) Austin (very surprised he was still here as I've seen him go 2nd round)

5) Benson (at this point the value of using Benson as a 2nd flex was too good to pass up)

6) SJohnson (I have him in the top 15 so gladly took him here)

7) Roethlisberger (last of my top tier QBs)

8) Gronkowski (wanted Daniels, Winslow, or Hernandez here but TE run got me first)

9) LMoore (his groin injury has him falling and I hoped to get Meachem to insure)

10)Meachem (got lucky - see above)

11)Garcon (again, surprised he's falling so much...I expect Collins to go away from Wayne's double coverage...Garcon benefits)

12)Little (I see a raw, physical beast in the red zone, although I wasn't happy with this pick 5 seconds after drafting him)

13)Barber (love his upside, especially at the GL)

14)Caddy (great handcuff for SJax)

15)McNabb (had others ranked higher but really like his matchup during Big Ben's bye week. Just hoping he's still the starter in week 11)

16)Cooley (wanted better, but have him with the best yardage/receptions of those still available here)

17)SSmith-PHI (This could be my biggest coup. I see Smith healthy for the stretch run, and really like him in the PHI scheme)

18)Ringer (Mistake for the CJ owner to let him slide...couldn't resist him here

19)Rams (great schedule during the stretch run...especially weeks 14-16)

20)Carpenter (nothing special, but great for long distance kicks and plays in great weather)

So I end up with

QB - Big Ben, McNabb

RB - Foster, SJax, Bradshaw, Benson, Barber, Caddy, Ringer

WR - Austin, SJohnson, LMoore, Meachem, Garcon, Little, SSmith

TE - Gronkowski, Cooley

PK - Carpenter

Def - Rams

Advice/comments welcomed! Thanks in advance.

Id say thats a very solid team and well rounded. Youll need Gronkowski to show up and be consistent and to stay out of injury trouble with your big 3 RBs but you could threaten for the league title very easily.

'THE HITTER said:
Drafted tonight - first time ever in FBGPC - 5th spot...took a shot with a different strategy than what I've been seeing...how'd I do?1) Foster (a little surprised he fell this far...was planning on McCoy here)2) SJax (absolutely love him as a 2nd back)3) Bradshaw (wanted to guard against Foster hammy issues)4) Austin (very surprised he was still here as I've seen him go 2nd round)5) Benson (at this point the value of using Benson as a 2nd flex was too good to pass up)6) SJohnson (I have him in the top 15 so gladly took him here)7) Roethlisberger (last of my top tier QBs)8) Gronkowski (wanted Daniels, Winslow, or Hernandez here but TE run got me first)9) LMoore (his groin injury has him falling and I hoped to get Meachem to insure)10)Meachem (got lucky - see above)11)Garcon (again, surprised he's falling so much...I expect Collins to go away from Wayne's double coverage...Garcon benefits)12)Little (I see a raw, physical beast in the red zone, although I wasn't happy with this pick 5 seconds after drafting him)13)Barber (love his upside, especially at the GL)14)Caddy (great handcuff for SJax)15)McNabb (had others ranked higher but really like his matchup during Big Ben's bye week. Just hoping he's still the starter in week 11)16)Cooley (wanted better, but have him with the best yardage/receptions of those still available here)17)SSmith-PHI (This could be my biggest coup. I see Smith healthy for the stretch run, and really like him in the PHI scheme)18)Ringer (Mistake for the CJ owner to let him slide...couldn't resist him here19)Rams (great schedule during the stretch run...especially weeks 14-16)20)Carpenter (nothing special, but great for long distance kicks and plays in great weather)So I end up withQB - Big Ben, McNabbRB - Foster, SJax, Bradshaw, Benson, Barber, Caddy, RingerWR - Austin, SJohnson, LMoore, Meachem, Garcon, Little, SSmithTE - Gronkowski, CooleyPK - CarpenterDef - RamsAdvice/comments welcomed! Thanks in advance.

Drafted in the final FBG draft. I was in the 12 spot and was a bit disappointed with the flow of the draft but have a lot of high risk RBs that if they payoff I think should give my team a chance to take the title.

Round by Round:

(1) Calvin Johnson WR- love him this year as long as Stafford stays healthy (I know a big if)

(2) Larry Fitzgerald WR- couldnt resist the Megatron/Fitz WR combo to start. Also considered Mendenhall, Hillis and MJD.

(3) Tim Hightower RB- Going for the fences a bit with this pick but if he works out it will be tough to beat my first 3 picks.

(4) Chris Wells RB- Not excited about Beanie but the schedule isnt bad and he is being given the opportunity to make something happen. Also considered Finley, Brady, Bowe, Welker

(5) Stevie Johnson WR- At the end of the 5th I really like him. Fitz will have to throw a lot in Buffalo and who else do they have???

(6) Marshawn Lynch RB- Bellcow back although not super exciting. Also considered Tolbert, Starks, Addai, Olsen

(7) Danny Amendola WR- Wait and see approach to see who STL ends up but he could easily be the #1 in STL.

(8) Jared Cook TE- Waited a little too long on TE but I like Cook's upside this year with Hass. Also considered Gronkowski, Hernandez, Pettigrew, Winslow

(9) Joe Flacco QB- Huge QB run including many taking a second QB left me with Flacco. Not too excited with Flacco but didnt have too much else to choose from (Kolb, Sanchez)

(10) Rob Gronkowski TE- Its a bit frustrating figuring out the TE situation in NE but he has tremendous upside and I considered him two rounds ago.

(11) Jerome Harrison RB- Nice upside in Detroit considering the RB core for the Lions.

(12) Emmanuel Sanders WR- Like his upside although it may be a battle now with Brown. Also looked at Bennett, Evans, Sproles.

(13) Marion Barber RB- I know he is out week 1 but he looked like he had some of his explosion back in preseason.

(14) Arrelious Benn WR- Taking a chance that Benn is back to full health in a relatively good offense.

(15) Donovan McNabb QB- Dont love McNabb but his schedule matches up decently with Flacco

(16) Evan Moore TE- Not sure how the CLE Te situation will play out but Moore has looked pretty good in preseason

(17) Giants D- Like the matchups the first couple weeks

(18) Shane Vereen RB- No idea how the NE RB situation will play out but figured Id take a shot

(19) Hanson PK- I like DET's offense so kicker should do Ok

(20) Shiancoe TE- McNabb loves TEs. Not sure if he will benefit more or their other TE.

Overall Team:

QB: Flacco, McNabb

RB: Hightower, Wells, Lynch, Harrison, Barber, Vereen

WR: Calvin, Fitzgerald, Stevie Johnson, Amendola, Sanders, Benn,

TE: Cook, Gronkowski, Moore, Shiancoe

K; Hanson

D: New York Giants

First ever FBG draft. I like my team. Julio/Olsen is a good 2nd flex tandem. RB depth is weak and the Peyton news hurts.

QB: Freeman, P Manning (8th)

RB: McCoy, Moreno, Carter, Vereen, Hardesty, A Green

WR: Nicks, Welker, Colston, Julio, Bennett, R Moss, J Hill

TE: Witten, Olsen

PK: Janikowski

DEF: Browns

First ever FBG draft. I like my team. Julio/Olsen is a good 2nd flex tandem. RB depth is weak and the Peyton news hurts. QB: Freeman, P Manning (8th)RB: McCoy, Moreno, Carter, Vereen, Hardesty, A GreenWR: Nicks, Welker, Colston, Julio, Bennett, R Moss, J HillTE: Witten, OlsenPK: JanikowskiDEF: Browns
there are some good things about this team, but i think you have too many injury risks. that said, you have potentially a great set of wideouts and te. love olsen's potential for at least 60 - 600. good luck

Drafted in the final FBG draft. I was in the 12 spot and was a bit disappointed with the flow of the draft but have a lot of high risk RBs that if they payoff I think should give my team a chance to take the title. Round by Round:(1) Calvin Johnson WR- love him this year as long as Stafford stays healthy (I know a big if)(2) Larry Fitzgerald WR- couldnt resist the Megatron/Fitz WR combo to start. Also considered Mendenhall, Hillis and MJD.(3) Tim Hightower RB- Going for the fences a bit with this pick but if he works out it will be tough to beat my first 3 picks. (4) Chris Wells RB- Not excited about Beanie but the schedule isnt bad and he is being given the opportunity to make something happen. Also considered Finley, Brady, Bowe, Welker(5) Stevie Johnson WR- At the end of the 5th I really like him. Fitz will have to throw a lot in Buffalo and who else do they have???(6) Marshawn Lynch RB- Bellcow back although not super exciting. Also considered Tolbert, Starks, Addai, Olsen(7) Danny Amendola WR- Wait and see approach to see who STL ends up but he could easily be the #1 in STL.(8) Jared Cook TE- Waited a little too long on TE but I like Cook's upside this year with Hass. Also considered Gronkowski, Hernandez, Pettigrew, Winslow(9) Joe Flacco QB- Huge QB run including many taking a second QB left me with Flacco. Not too excited with Flacco but didnt have too much else to choose from (Kolb, Sanchez)(10) Rob Gronkowski TE- Its a bit frustrating figuring out the TE situation in NE but he has tremendous upside and I considered him two rounds ago. (11) Jerome Harrison RB- Nice upside in Detroit considering the RB core for the Lions. (12) Emmanuel Sanders WR- Like his upside although it may be a battle now with Brown. Also looked at Bennett, Evans, Sproles. (13) Marion Barber RB- I know he is out week 1 but he looked like he had some of his explosion back in preseason.(14) Arrelious Benn WR- Taking a chance that Benn is back to full health in a relatively good offense. (15) Donovan McNabb QB- Dont love McNabb but his schedule matches up decently with Flacco(16) Evan Moore TE- Not sure how the CLE Te situation will play out but Moore has looked pretty good in preseason(17) Giants D- Like the matchups the first couple weeks(18) Shane Vereen RB- No idea how the NE RB situation will play out but figured Id take a shot(19) Hanson PK- I like DET's offense so kicker should do Ok(20) Shiancoe TE- McNabb loves TEs. Not sure if he will benefit more or their other TE. Overall Team:QB: Flacco, McNabbRB: Hightower, Wells, Lynch, Harrison, Barber, VereenWR: Calvin, Fitzgerald, Stevie Johnson, Amendola, Sanders, Benn, TE: Cook, Gronkowski, Moore, ShiancoeK; HansonD: New York Giants
tough team. obv the wideouts are amazing. stevie not a personal fave facing top cbs this year, but should be good. i'm surprised the qb run left you with only flacco as an option in the 9th round. at that point i might have just held out for kolb, sanchez, cutler, etc in the 11th-13th and taken the talent available.i said tough team earlier because i have not a clue how hightower, wells and lynch will do this season. if 2 of them come through for you then you're golden. good luck.

hope you started meachem tonight. definitely appeared that the saints could have used moore tonight.the garcon pick was a steal, completely agree that he shouldn't be as hurt by collins as wayne will be. austin another steal as i've taken him at the 2/3 turn from the 1st pick.

'THE HITTER said:
Drafted tonight - first time ever in FBGPC - 5th spot...took a shot with a different strategy than what I've been seeing...how'd I do?1) Foster (a little surprised he fell this far...was planning on McCoy here)2) SJax (absolutely love him as a 2nd back)3) Bradshaw (wanted to guard against Foster hammy issues)4) Austin (very surprised he was still here as I've seen him go 2nd round)5) Benson (at this point the value of using Benson as a 2nd flex was too good to pass up)6) SJohnson (I have him in the top 15 so gladly took him here)7) Roethlisberger (last of my top tier QBs)8) Gronkowski (wanted Daniels, Winslow, or Hernandez here but TE run got me first)9) LMoore (his groin injury has him falling and I hoped to get Meachem to insure)10)Meachem (got lucky - see above)11)Garcon (again, surprised he's falling so much...I expect Collins to go away from Wayne's double coverage...Garcon benefits)12)Little (I see a raw, physical beast in the red zone, although I wasn't happy with this pick 5 seconds after drafting him)13)Barber (love his upside, especially at the GL)14)Caddy (great handcuff for SJax)15)McNabb (had others ranked higher but really like his matchup during Big Ben's bye week. Just hoping he's still the starter in week 11)16)Cooley (wanted better, but have him with the best yardage/receptions of those still available here)17)SSmith-PHI (This could be my biggest coup. I see Smith healthy for the stretch run, and really like him in the PHI scheme)18)Ringer (Mistake for the CJ owner to let him slide...couldn't resist him here19)Rams (great schedule during the stretch run...especially weeks 14-16)20)Carpenter (nothing special, but great for long distance kicks and plays in great weather)So I end up withQB - Big Ben, McNabbRB - Foster, SJax, Bradshaw, Benson, Barber, Caddy, RingerWR - Austin, SJohnson, LMoore, Meachem, Garcon, Little, SSmithTE - Gronkowski, CooleyPK - CarpenterDef - RamsAdvice/comments welcomed! Thanks in advance.

it may prove me wrong but i just don't see how a team can get by with picking 2 tes and a qb in the 1st 4 rounds. it just leaves too many question marks at rb2, wr2 and flex 2. you do have a huge advantage over other teams at qb , te and flex as long as the core of your team can stay healthy.

Hey guys, figured I would see what everybody thought of the draft that I finished this morning. I picked out of the 6th slot and I think I made a few unconventional moves, let me know what you think.QBsVick (2)OrtonYoungRBsCharles(1)Addai (7)Grant(8)SpillerWRsLloyd (5)Colston (6)Braylon EdwardsRoy WilliamsSteve Smith (Philly)TEsGates (3)Witten (4)Zach Miller (Sea)

First ever FBG draft. I like my team. Julio/Olsen is a good 2nd flex tandem. RB depth is weak and the Peyton news hurts. QB: Freeman, P Manning (8th)RB: McCoy, Moreno, Carter, Vereen, Hardesty, A GreenWR: Nicks, Welker, Colston, Julio, Bennett, R Moss, J HillTE: Witten, OlsenPK: JanikowskiDEF: Browns
there are some good things about this team, but i think you have too many injury risks. that said, you have potentially a great set of wideouts and te. love olsen's potential for at least 60 - 600. good luck
thanks for the reply hero. i regret spending that 8th on manning now. but you got to take risks to win money. should've taken stafford there, but somebody grabbed him and i ended up with freeman as a consolation early in the 9th. if my team stays healthy, i'm looking at you colston. plus moreno and julio performs i'll be a contender. i saw you nabbed olsen, i believe i got him in the 12/13th round. highway robbery at that point. this draft was weird, ryan grant went in the 9th. collie in the 10th/11th. but couldn't pull the trigger on the dudes. in regards to your team, i think you have a solid core. that's probably a playoff contender. totally agree with your assessment that fred jackson wasn't the pick there, manningham was the guy. you didn't really need a low upside rb3 with those 2 studs. nice picks with roth/olsen/little... good work+

Users who are viewing this thread