What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McClure's BBQ (1 Viewer)

Awesome.  I picked up a Lang 36 a couple years back and it is my primary smoker now.  Love being back to a stick burner but I do find the reverse flow trickier to get dialed in vs. a high convection traditional offset.  But it seems to make little difference and puts out some great Q.

Did some Duroc belly bacon the day before Irma came through.  Rushed it and didn't get it quite "smoky" enough but its still bacon...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wife and I stopped by yesterday afternoon. I asked if you were in and the guy at the grill said you were walking around. Didn't see you but loved the food. We split the standard pulled pork and brisket sandwiches, had the baked beans and mac and cheese. All really good as was the Nola beer. You need some signage outside! Almost walked past it. We left just as the LSU  crowd started filling the place up.

Sorry I missed ya....i was in and out most of the day dealing with my crew working two different offsite gigs.    I am glad y'all tried it though...appreciate that.

Yeah...my outdoor signage is terrible.   It sucks being in someone elses building.   

Epic Thanksgiving Menu for this year:

Applewood Smoked Turkey

Pecan Smoked Glazed Honey Ham

Smoked Prime Rib

Shrimp & Mirliton Cornbread Dressing

3 Cheese Mac & Cheese

Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes

Smoked Ham Hock & Molasses Collard Greens

Maple & Pumpkin Seed Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Sweet Potato Casserole

Green Bean Casserole

Deviled Eggs

Apple, Pumpkin, or Bourbon Pecan Pie

Sucks if you live too far away.....my bad.

Okay, second day was the charm flying standby out of JFK for Mrs glock. JetBlue finally found a window through the torrential rains and high winds we're having up this way and she landed in NOLA this AM. She's only there through Wednesday, but McClure's is on her itinerary. She said she'll give Tipsey McStagger a FBG holler when she drops by... :thumbup:

She asked me to check in with the NOLAGuys regarding where to go for the best happenings tonight, Mischief Night and tomorrow night Holloween?

Anyone?

glock said:
Okay, second day was the charm flying standby out of JFK for Mrs glock. JetBlue finally found a window through the torrential rains and high winds we're having up this way and she landed in NOLA this AM. She's only there through Wednesday, but McClure's is on her itinerary. She said she'll give Tipsey McStagger a FBG holler when she drops by... :thumbup:

She asked me to check in with the NOLAGuys regarding where to go for the best happenings tonight, Mischief Night and tomorrow night Holloween?

Anyone?
Frenchmen Street is amazing for Halloween. Not sure if the festivities were Saturday or will be tomorrow night. 

glock said:

Anyone?
Having your wife go up to Tipsy and asking him to give her all the meat might not be a wise idea...

Thanks, icon.
No problem GB. Basically a huge several block long outdoor party with a street full of thousands of folks in costumes merrymaking. Bars are open for drinks and restrooms. Incredible people watching and just a great time. One of the cooker Halloween "parties" I've been to. 

Fed the entire Alabama Crimson Tide entourage yesterday at the Superdome.    Even though I am not their biggest fan....I have to say ROLL TIDE at least in this round.    As and FSU fan it is easy to root against Clemson.
Roll Tide!  I sent some folks your way, they loved it!

Fed the entire Alabama Crimson Tide entourage yesterday at the Superdome.    Even though I am not their biggest fan....I have to say ROLL TIDE at least in this round.    As and FSU fan it is easy to root against Clemson.
They going to have you fly in some eats for the day before the championship game (because I'm superstitious!)?

I have found some solace since Mecha occasionally is sold here in tall boys now but I do miss any bar I cant get legit Q and great beer at. 

Wife just got the official "come down for a visit" from her cousin who lives in NOLA part of the year.  Targeting Oct/Nov, but excited already.

We come close in CPH with Warpigs.

Fairly sure their smoker is pellet burning, though :P  
Wow, cool.  A Mikkeller and 3 Floyd's mashup.  Awesome.  Are they actually brewing on site?  No more gypsy brewing?

No way they're running 2-ton smokers on pellets.  The fuel cost alone would kill them.

Ron Swanson said:
Wow, cool.  A Mikkeller and 3 Floyd's mashup.  Awesome.  Are they actually brewing on site?  No more gypsy brewing?

No way they're running 2-ton smokers on pellets.  The fuel cost alone would kill them.
Yup, they're brewing on site. But I doubt they are brewing everything on site. AFAIK Mikeller is still gypsy brewing most his stuff.

But e.g. he's also brewing in his own facility out in SD

Linky to SD stuff

Crawfish Season has begun ....I am going to be boiling at my favorite bar in the warehouse district, the Rusty Nail.   Friday nights and Saturday days.  I'm excited about the prospect over there.  I figure at least 10 sacks if not more like 15+ a weekend over there.   We will have a little of the bbq with us as well as we have all football season on Sundays.   It basically gives me the two best days of the the week at an already busy spot with zero overhead.   Should help me get started on that fund to open my own Brick & Mortar place again down the road.   I love the brewery and don't want to leave, but I have to assume they will want a change in a few years.  Just the catering here for the private parties they host makes leaving a painful thought....i'll hang on as long as they'll have me.

Last edited by a moderator:
whoa.    that gig at the rusty nail yesterday.    19 hour day (followed by 5 hours of sleep and right back here at workk).

300# crawfish, 130 sandwiches, 30 dozen wings.....beat the crap out of my actual restaurant.   Make it where you can kids.

That being said....I am pooped.   My body hates me. 

whoa.    that gig at the rusty nail yesterday.    19 hour day (followed by 5 hours of sleep and right back here at workk).

300# crawfish, 130 sandwiches, 30 dozen wings.....beat the crap out of my actual restaurant.   Make it where you can kids.

That being said....I am pooped.   My body hates me. 
You are a machine, GB. That is a serious set of numbers. Budget in some rest!

Yup, they're brewing on site. But I doubt they are brewing everything on site. AFAIK Mikeller is still gypsy brewing most his stuff.

But e.g. he's also brewing in his own facility out in SD

Linky to SD stuff
Don’t quote me on this, but I believe all his US product is either brewed in SD or the soon to be opened facility at Citifield (Mets stadium) in NYC.

FWIW, his new kick is single origin hops.

Don’t quote me on this, but I believe all his US product is either brewed in SD or the soon to be opened facility at Citifield (Mets stadium) in NYC.

FWIW, his new kick is single origin hops.
Yeah, terroir hops. And I thought I was a beer snob

Users who are viewing this thread