What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

McClure's BBQ (3 Viewers)

Aw shi.....   Did you holler at me in the parking lot w my crawfish?
No man I was with the family in the corner - I was going to come over and say what's up but you had employees or what seemed to be a vendor with you the whole time.  

Loved the place man - food wasn't bad either.   Give a full review when I get back to FLA....  the ribs were absolutely killer.

Ill be heading to McClures friday for lunch!  Heading down to New Orleans for the first time to attend a wedding and told my wife this was a must hit spot that a magic football friend owns.  She likes BBQ so she is in.  Going to have another girl that I am friends with that moved down there join us.  What must we get?  Ill probably go all meat plate but open to suggestions!  Being a friday is there a certain time we should be sure to be there by?

Tipsy - will you be around friday at lunch?  

Ill be heading to McClures friday for lunch!  Heading down to New Orleans for the first time to attend a wedding and told my wife this was a must hit spot that a magic football friend owns.  She likes BBQ so she is in.  Going to have another girl that I am friends with that moved down there join us.  What must we get?  Ill probably go all meat plate but open to suggestions!  Being a friday is there a certain time we should be sure to be there by?

Tipsy - will you be around friday at lunch?  
Used to be that the NOLA brewery had a Friday 2 pm tour - you might want to verify, they did when I was there - got me two free beers even if I didn't join the tour

The deck on the second floor was really nice in the afternoon

Mmmmm....BBQ

Was lucky enough to visit today for lunch with my wife and a friend of ours.  All absolutely loved it.  I saw our hero, and was going to say hello but the one time I had a chance he was talking to another customer and then he went outside and I couldnt find him again.   Oh well. Food was fantastic.  I went with the 3 meet plate (ribs, brisket, chicken) and loved them all.  Waffle fries and macaroni were great as well.  Definitely recommend everyone checking out when they visit.

Mmmmm....BBQ

Was lucky enough to visit today for lunch with my wife and a friend of ours.  All absolutely loved it.  I saw our hero, and was going to say hello but the one time I had a chance he was talking to another customer and then he went outside and I couldnt find him again.   Oh well. Food was fantastic.  I went with the 3 meet plate (ribs, brisket, chicken) and loved them all.  Waffle fries and macaroni were great as well.  Definitely recommend everyone checking out when they visit.
The man can cook 

Really is awesome BBQ. Probably the best NC Style pork BBQ outside of the piedmont/Lexington area in NC. 

Ribs awesome also. And brisket not too shabby - but I'm more a pork and ribs guy. 

Ordered enough that I'll do it all again on my flight to DC. 

Wtf. Was considering a trip to NO in early July. 1000 a night for a hotel. I can go to Europe or Hawaii for a weekend cheaper. 

As a final note, bummed Tipsy wasn't there as he'd have been the most famous person I met on my trip.

as it stands chatting it up on the plane with Odell Backham will have to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
You did tell him about McClures right. That way he can love it and can invest in one in the NY/NJ area
When we hang out in Dallas, I'll be sure to ask.

:coffee:

He did say "I've seen you before" so I'll try to slide into his DMs and set something up.  Probably thought I was one of his agents or attorneys. :oldunsure:  

When we hang out in Dallas, I'll be sure to ask.

:coffee:

He did say "I've seen you before" so I'll try to slide into his DMs and set something up.  Probably thought I was one of his agents or attorneys. :oldunsure:  
This is the second time today I have heard this. What on earth does it mean

This is the second time today I have heard this. What on earth does it mean
Direct message on Twitter. The phrase is usually used when a guy or gal is hitting on someone via twitter and sends them a DM, subtly or not so subtly trying to hook up. Aka... slide into your DMs

Really is awesome BBQ. Probably the best NC Style pork BBQ outside of the piedmont/Lexington area in NC. 

Ribs awesome also. And brisket not too shabby - but I'm more a pork and ribs guy. 

Ordered enough that I'll do it all again on my flight to DC. 
Sorry to miss ya.. .I've been the early am guy a lot lately

The fried chicken has slowly but surely gotten a good following.    I am about to unleash it 7 days a week.   FC was and is and always will be my favorite comfort food.   The restaurant I was going to open for years (going back to the mid 80's really) was always going to have FC....but then I found my love for bbq.   

Well....I can do both by god :)

https://nola.eater.com/maps/best-fried-chicken-new-orleans-nola

The fried chicken has slowly but surely gotten a good following.    I am about to unleash it 7 days a week.   FC was and is and always will be my favorite comfort food.   The restaurant I was going to open for years (going back to the mid 80's really) was always going to have FC....but then I found my love for bbq.   

BRING IT! 

Gotta come down for a Fried Chicken tour now that Gus’s World Famous is opening up a location down there. Curious to see if they get it right. I KNOW you will... 

TIpsy, been about 10 years since my last visit.  Will be in town in a couple months for a getaway, would love to stop in again.  

If I understand it right...

You left Dante's 5 years ago or so, yes?  And opened a restaurant on Magazine, then a second in NOLA brewery, then closed the one on Magazine?  

The one catch to stopping in - wifey is vegetarian.  Is there an option, even a creative one, that makes it work?

That's some rarefied air to be mentioned in. Congrats.  I'm gonna come in to eat and get a shirt for the t shirt exchange.  Probably drink a boat load of beer too.

TIpsy, been about 10 years since my last visit.  Will be in town in a couple months for a getaway, would love to stop in again.  

If I understand it right...

You left Dante's 5 years ago or so, yes?  And opened a restaurant on Magazine, then a second in NOLA brewery, then closed the one on Magazine?  

The one catch to stopping in - wifey is vegetarian.  Is there an option, even a creative one, that makes it work?
McBbq first official meal was served in November 2011 at Dante's as a pop up.

I quit Dante's in December 2011, but continued to pop up there on Tuesdays, and then all the weekday lunches for a few months.

Opened Magazine in July 2013. 

Opened at NOLA Brewing in July 2015.

Closed Magazine in March 2016.  

As of the end of this month, I will have been in full time operations (not a pop up) for 5 years.....holy crap!!

Vegetarians have options here.   I do smoked veggie tacos, nachos, and a smoked mushroom melt.   Give me a heads up and I'll smoke some leaves and twigs for your rabbit. :)

Looking forward to seeing you my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now we are just showing off :)    

Coming this weekend:    The McClure's Meat Board

House cured & smoked pastrami, with a bit of the sauerkraut on the side and a touch of our Russian dressing for the Rueben. 

House made Hogshead cheese with a little onion thyme relish & creole mustard.   (Hogshead is really just a pate essentially...don't let the name freak you out Nancys')

House made Boudin Balls, fried and with a bit of our horseradish aioli. 

House cured and smoked Tasso ham with pimento cheese.

Twice smoked candied bacon :   Covered in caramel, chocolate, and pecans.

Pork Rinds dusted with sweet bbq rub

B&B pickles & slices of brioche crostini.

$13 is a good price, right?  

House cured & smoked pastrami, with a bit of the sauerkraut on the side and a touch of our Russian dressing for the Rueben. 

House made Hogshead cheese with a little onion thyme relish & creole mustard.   (Hogshead is really just a pate essentially...don't let the name freak you out Nancys')

Do you deliver?

To Denmark?

:kicksrock:

Damn that looks good

Although Hogs' headcheese sounds a bit, well, odd

:P  

Could charge $16-17 easy

Do you deliver?

To Denmark?

:kicksrock:

Damn that looks good

Although Hogs' headcheese sounds a bit, well, odd

:P  
Pretty sure that will raise the cost a bit.

Hogshead cheese is the worst sounding Louisiana delicacy ever.   Terrible name, but delicious.   We make it primarily to go on our BBQ Banh Mi sandwiches...love the stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread