What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin McCarthy (1 Viewer)

McCarthy: 3 solo 5 assistsZ Brown: 3 solo 1 assistsAyers: 2 solo 4 assistsugh...
I thought McCarthy looked pretty good as the game went on. Looked tentative in the first half but his play picked up in the second half. He played every defensive snap i think. Pittsburgh didn't dominate the time of possession and run as much as I expected probably due to all the offensive line and running back injuries during the game so his final numbers are a bit disappointing. (Scorekeeper seems a bit assist happy as well) Going forward though, I think he will be solid every week starter provided he can stay healthy. I'm happy to have him on my roster.

Last edited by a moderator:
McCarthy: 3 solo 5 assistsZ Brown: 3 solo 1 assistsAyers: 2 solo 4 assistsugh...
I thought McCarthy looked pretty good as the game went on. Looked tentative in the first half but his play picked up in the second half. He played every defensive snap i think. Pittsburgh didn't dominate the time of possession and run as much as I expected probably due to all the offensive line and running back injuries during the game so his final numbers are a bit disappointing. (Scorekeeper seems a bit assist happy as well) Going forward though, I think he will be solid every week starter provided he can stay healthy. I'm happy to have him on my roster.
Yeah I agree with this...next week's matchup against Buffalo should see him return to respectable. Look for him to sit out a practice or two early in week and participate from there on out?

Any further word on McCarthy and his walking boot?

Rotoworld doesnt think he'll play.

I've held on to him this long hoping he'll be able to produce, but I'm wondering if it's time to drop him as it seems his foot issues are going to linger for a while.

I picked up Zach Brown a few weeks back. I think I will have to roll with Him this week. Brown has put up decent numbers, even though he is not an every down linebacker. My biggest concern this week is the Bill's offense. They may force Titans into more Nickel and Dime defensive situations. Not sure if Brown will be on the field as much.

My only other option is J Brinkley.

I picked up Zach Brown a few weeks back. I think I will have to roll with Him this week. Brown has put up decent numbers, even though he is not an every down linebacker. My biggest concern this week is the Bill's offense. They may force Titans into more Nickel and Dime defensive situations. Not sure if Brown will be on the field as much.My only other option is J Brinkley.
Brinkley by a mile dude, owner of Z Bron and E Henderson

I picked up Zach Brown a few weeks back. I think I will have to roll with Him this week. Brown has put up decent numbers, even though he is not an every down linebacker. My biggest concern this week is the Bill's offense. They may force Titans into more Nickel and Dime defensive situations. Not sure if Brown will be on the field as much.My only other option is J Brinkley.
Brinkley by a mile dude, owner of Z Bron and E Henderson
It's close. At least with my leagues scoring, Brown is ranked 50th, Brinkley is 64th. Both have been erratic from week to week. I can see a little edge for Brinkley playing the Cards, but still on the fence.

In a redraft I finally dumped this guy for Bruce Carter. I also have Burfict, Fletcher, Wright, Wagner, and D Harris. He'll probably miraculously recover soon now for all you guys.

In a redraft I finally dumped this guy for Bruce Carter. I also have Burfict, Fletcher, Wright, Wagner, and D Harris. He'll probably miraculously recover soon now for all you guys.
I hope it works out the same for you as dropping Kuechly :thumbup: (league trashtalk, everyone else ignore)

McCarthy has a bad matchup this week even if he plays and I'm betting my league mates aren't even monitoring him. At best he might put up 4 solos this week with a few assists on the road at Indy. I'm dropping him for Burfict as I like his matchup in week 9.

Do you think Angerer does better off the bench this week than McCarthy?

Angerer's supposed to see "increased playing time" this week, which has got to be an improvement over the 22 snaps last week.

Let's say he goes for 50% of the snaps against Tenn. I think your best output would be 3 tackles and an assist as Tenn is an average matchup for LBs. McCarthy's ceiling is maybe this as well if the game plays out like last week. For some crazy reason the Cleveland LBs had poor games last week while the CBs racked up. Indy ran the ball 37 times too. In week 6 David Harris only had 2-1 and in Week 5 when Brown was in the lineup the Packers had some strong LB tackle numbers. So looking at these trends I'd say to start McCarthy assuming he has no setbacks just due to the workload and maybe he can get together 5 tackles for you. Give Angerer another developmental week for you to see where he is at.

About time! I regret benching him this week (for DeMario Davis), argh. He should be a lock in everyone's lineup from now on, though, as he finally appears healthy... or at least healthy enough to be uber productive. Good times.

About time! I regret benching him this week (for DeMario Davis), argh. He should be a lock in everyone's lineup from now on, though, as he finally appears healthy... or at least healthy enough to be uber productive. Good times.
LB1 was a sore spot all last year so I paid a lot for him this summer. I've lived without him but time to put a run together to end the year.

Any feel on him for this week, limited practice wed. and dnp today it seems like his practice time will be curtailed as a matter of course maybe until after their bye. Just wondering if there's any word on a setback or walking boot again.

I traded for him the other day...crossing my fingers he stays healthy and gives me some stability at the position. Last week was a good sign.

don't know what to make of him.

we start 2 LB, with 3 on roster. DBishop was my keeper. Oh, well. Picked up DSmith......

Now I have McCarthy, Wagner, and BCarter. Plan on using whoever has the best matchup. This week, I am sitting McCarthy until I feel I can trust him. Not sure what to do with 2 having a bye on week 11, though.

I'll admit, I'm not watching the game but he isn't hurt. Just made his 2nd tackle and we're midway through the 4th quarter. Zach Brown has been tearing it up. Luckily, I also got him in my deal for McCarthy :thumbup:

You can blame me for the drop in production. I had waited and waited to put McCarthy in my lineup. First week since week 1 he's been in my starting lineup. I jinxed it for everyone.

you can all breathe...

MLB Colin McCarthy suffered a concussion in Sunday's loss to the Jaguars
He must be made of glass, high ankle sprains are tough but it has been nearly 3 months, he's supposed to have played every down against Jack. so I can't rationalize the concussion being a factor. Right or wrong I'm cutting him despite the great match-up even if he plays, though it makes me sick after holding him all this time. I've no doubt he'll go off if active but enough is enough.

you can all breathe...

MLB Colin McCarthy suffered a concussion in Sunday's loss to the Jaguars
He must be made of glass, high ankle sprains are tough but it has been nearly 3 months, he's supposed to have played every down against Jack. so I can't rationalize the concussion being a factor. Right or wrong I'm cutting him despite the great match-up even if he plays, though it makes me sick after holding him all this time. I've no doubt he'll go off if active but enough is enough.
I've been with this turd the whole way and he has been a big reason that my team is struggling to make the playoffs. I'll go with him this week if he gets the start and go down with the ship.

McCarthy has been ruled out for this Sunday.

Maybe a good thing, it will take the guesswork out of starting him (or not)

I had Zac Brown in my starting lineup already before this news.

Users who are viewing this thread