What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Ten Basketball 2022/2023 - Return to Power (1 Viewer)

I'm so tired of Turgeon and the same mistakes and deficiencies year after year after year.  I'm at the point where I'm hoping Maryland loses out so he gets fired.  Rooting for his teams just isn't enjoyable.

Maryland's next two are Illinois and Northwestern, which will give them 11 conference games played.  Of those, 3 will have been against teams with a current winning record in conference play.  Of those 3, Maryland is 1-2, with the lone win coming at home against Wisconsin and requiring some down the stretch good fortune.

I think we don't find out how good Maryland is until February.
Narrator: We didn't have to wait. They are not good*

*I apologize for the above comment. It was not respectful at all. If anything, we can all agree though #### Fichigan. 

100% right.  We didn't have to wait.  And I'm not offended, just disgusted at the performance today.
Just busting balls. As an outsider and a follower of this thread it seems Turgeon needs to go. But who do you look for? Just looking geographically you can't get Buzz Williams or Tony Bennett. Where else do you turn? Shtick aside, I'm asking genuinely. 

Just busting balls. As an outsider and a follower of this thread it seems Turgeon needs to go. But who do you look for? Just looking geographically you can't get Buzz Williams or Tony Bennett. Where else do you turn? Shtick aside, I'm asking genuinely. 
No way they get Bennett. And I may be in the minority, but I want nothing to do with Buzz.

I'd rescue Shaka Smart from Texas. 

I'm not sure, to be honest, but I'm also not terribly tuned in to which coaches might actually be available.  For instance, is Gregg Marshall available or is he set?

It doesn't really matter as Turgeon isn't going anywhere.  Maryland's entire leadership, including the athletic department, is a trainwreck right now and in no position to conduct a basketball coaching search.

Road trip finally caught up with State. Nice comeback falls short. Meh, figured they’d drop one of two these on the road this week. Nice to see they never quit.

GOGREEN

Hats off to Purdue on a well earned victory. MSU was bound to lose a road game eventually. 17-3 in conference looks doable with road losses to Michigan and Wisconsin down the stretch. Should be a 3 horse race to the finish between MSU, Michigan and Purdue.

I’m sincere, I thought they would be pretty good this year and Langford was such a big recruit. The truth is they are just bad and seem to have thrown in the towel.
They have no reliable outside shooters, so defenses can clog the paint and really make it hard for Langford (and Morgan) to get the ball to the rim.  Most of their bench depth is either really inexperienced or injured.  And I just don't see a lot of toughness from many of their bigs (Moore, Smith, Davis - who's also coming back from a torn achilles)

But the lack of effort lately on defense is just depressing.

Gopher homer comments:

Kalscheur (sp) is going to be fun to watch grow and develop as a player.  He has a ton of maturity for a freshman.  I'm no NBA scout, but my take is he doesn't have the athleticism to get drafted high, so I hope that means we get to watch him for four years.

Amir Coffey came into the program with high hopes, but the game and mentality to be a supporting player.  He has turned himself into an alpha dog before our eyes, which I think he deserves the credit for by working hard.  I remember watching a local news fluff piece on him when he committed, and it was of him and his dad working out together.  His dad, as a former military man (and former Gopher) I'm sure instilled a work ethic in him that is paying off for him, and for us Gopher fans.

I hope Jarvis Omersa works half as hard to develop his game.  He has so much potential, and I was disappointed to see him get such short run yesterday being one post player down.  Sad to see him watch one loose ball go without effort and get immediately benched.

I have got to give the Buckeyes credit tonight. They played hard and really gave  it their all for 2 halves. It is rare to see a team in this day and age leave it all on the floor like the Buckeyes did. None of the Wolverines were able to take over the game and Michigan had to rely on tough defense and a team effort to win. The Buckeyes will be better with another year or 2 under their belts.

Last edited by a moderator:
MAC_32 said:
Not much I enjoy more than thumping these bleeding tampons 
Ok that’s so harsh. Ohio busted their butts today but they just aren’t good enough. There’s no need to be rude. The Buckeyes tried hard and fell on their faces. It happens but it usually it isn’t a national joke like you seem to want. 

Ok that’s so harsh. Ohio busted their butts today but they just aren’t good enough. There’s no need to be rude. The Buckeyes tried hard and fell on their faces. It happens but it usually it isn’t a national joke like you seem to want. 
You're not wrong but you also under estimate how much I despise everything that smells like that institution. And how much I enjoy when they get curb stomped. No matter the sport. 

You're not wrong but you also under estimate how much I despise everything that smells like that institution. And how much I enjoy when they get curb stomped. No matter the sport. 
Maybe you should get your nose out of the street and instead use it to overestimate how great this Michigan team is. 

Maybe you should get your nose out of the street and instead use it to overestimate how great this Michigan team is. 
No matter how this season ends this is a fun team. Last year's group set the bar high. And I think this group can take it a step higher. And yes I know what that entails. They have the makeup...if they can just avoid the cold spell at the wrong time. 

No matter how this season ends this is a fun team. Last year's group set the bar high. And I think this group can take it a step higher. And yes I know what that entails. They have the makeup...if they can just avoid the cold spell at the wrong time. 
They really do. This is the kind of team that can win us some $$$

Zavier Simpson is not on people's NBA draft boards, but really needs to be.   He is so dangerous when he drives and that hook shot is just ridiculous.   Really has Isiah Thomas level of skill when he drives and is an elite defender.  He is the guy who really needs to take over this team.   His liability is his 3-poimt shooting and terrible at the line.

Zavier Simpson is not on people's NBA draft boards, but really needs to be.   He is so dangerous when he drives and that hook shot is just ridiculous.   Really has Isiah Thomas level of skill when he drives and is an elite defender.  He is the guy who really needs to take over this team.   His liability is his 3-poimt shooting and terrible at the line.

He's a great college player but I don't think he has a real shot of playing in the NBA. He's VERY small and a decent but not great athlete. And he can't shoot at all.

If you could combine Simpson and Cassius Winston into a single player - then you'd have an NBA guy. 

Langford out for the season, just confirmed by officials at MSU. Sucks.

Maybe  it won’t matter. They haven’t missed a best since he was injured Dec. 29.

GOGREEN

Watching Nebraska-Wisconsin last night reminded me of everything wrong with Big 10 basketball, starting with the way the games are officiated.  It's just ugly, ugly basketball.

He's a great college player but I don't think he has a real shot of playing in the NBA. He's VERY small and a decent but not great athlete. And he can't shoot at all.

If you could combine Simpson and Cassius Winston into a single player - then you'd have an NBA guy. 
Yup, at his size, he has to be able to shoot to be an NBA'er.  And that shot isn't developing.

Love watching him play, though.

BroncoFreak_2K3 said:
Never should have gone into overtime. Blind refs missed three hacks on the PSU guard driving the middle with 9 seconds to go.

Awful.
While true, the free throws were like 40-10 in favor of PSU until they started fouling in overtime.  PSU got bailed out on about three straight possessions in the second half.  Penn State got beyond a majority of the close calls all night, just bad all around from the refs.

Users who are viewing this thread