What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Ten Basketball 2022/2023 - Return to Power (5 Viewers)

Nice game IU. State played lazy all game. Not going to win games missing free throws like they did today. Ridiculous Offensive flow was nonexistent. Not sure what anyone else was doing out there today except for Cash.

Again, nice win IU. Hope this rights the ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a season saving win for IU.  
Amazing. Was playing cards with my family and we debated even having the game on in the other room.  My one BIL doesn't play cards so he wanted to have it on. Kept checking in for updates, waiting for the inevitable "oh, now they're down 12" that never came.

Really hope Morgan is OK though

Amazing. Was playing cards with my family and we debated even having the game on in the other room.  My one BIL doesn't play cards so he wanted to have it on. Kept checking in for updates, waiting for the inevitable "oh, now they're down 12" that never came.

Really hope Morgan is OK though
Forgot game was on. Buddy texted me if I was watching. Switched to ESPN and IU was up 4 in OT. MSU has ball and nails 3 within 10 seconds of me switching over, IU turns it over on next inbounds. Was not loving my friend at the moment for dragging me into that #### :lol:

Forgot game was on. Buddy texted me if I was watching. Switched to ESPN and IU was up 4 in OT. MSU has ball and nails 3 within 10 seconds of me switching over, IU turns it over on next inbounds. Was not loving my friend at the moment for dragging me into that #### :lol:
Those two turnovers late should have cost them the game.  Very lucky IU put a lid over the basket during MSU free throws.  I am not sure I have ever seen such terrible free throw shooting.  IU played tough despite several stupid mistakes.  That last block by Smith was the play if the game.  Not sure the shot would have gone in, but it was a great play.  

Those two turnovers late should have cost them the game.  Very lucky IU put a lid over the basket during MSU free throws.  I am not sure I have ever seen such terrible free throw shooting.  IU played tough despite several stupid mistakes.  That last block by Smith was the play if the game.  Not sure the shot would have gone in, but it was a great play.  
I must have missed the 1st TO. Honestly didn’t mind missing the whole thing and just see the end.

This is still the team that I will always be most attached to of any sport but this squad is really uninteresting to me. Coach is boring, players look like they are sleep walking, Langford is great player but has the charisma of a lamp. 

Was super exciting when they got Miller but man his squads and style put me to sleep so far.

My Nittany Lions suck this year.  We were never exactly very good at basketball, but this year is an embarrassment.

Sorry, rest of the B1G!

I must have missed the 1st TO. Honestly didn’t mind missing the whole thing and just see the end.

This is still the team that I will always be most attached to of any sport but this squad is really uninteresting to me. Coach is boring, players look like they are sleep walking, Langford is great player but has the charisma of a lamp. 

Was super exciting when they got Miller but man his squads and style put me to sleep so far.
Right before the MSU 3.  Up 4 with the ball, I think it was Green (or maybe Durham) turned it over in a double-team just across half court.

Nice win for Purdue.  Surviving this and the PSU road game after the big MSU is huge.  Painter in the front seat for COY?   He's done an impressive job building out the supporting cast to complement Edwards.   

Does IU make the tourney?  Upcoming games:

Iowa

Ohio St

At Minn

Purdue

At Iowa

Wisconsin

Mich St

At Ill

Rutgers

Obviously have to win the last two and may need to win 4 of the 7 other games to be in good shape.  I would guess they only win two though.  

Through a fluke of the schedule, I think Purdue is going to either win the conference or at least be tied for it.  Purdue managed to have only one game against MSU, Mich, and Wisc and they have already played those games.    Meanwhile Wisconsin, MSU and Mich are going still get to beat each other up.  

Through a fluke of the schedule, I think Purdue is going to either win the conference or at least be tied for it.  Purdue managed to have only one game against MSU, Mich, and Wisc and they have already played those games.    Meanwhile Wisconsin, MSU and Mich are going still get to beat each other up.  
Agree with this. It's Purdue's conference to lose at this point. Only correction to the above is Purdue/MSU played twice with the home team taking each game. Purdue's only challenge left is a road game against Maryland. I don't see Wisconsin running the table or either of MSU or Michigan only having 1 loss the rest of the way with their schedules. 

Embarrassing home loss for MSU to Indiana on Saturday. MSU shot 36% from the free throw line. They had a higher 3 pt conversion rate at 40% than free throw %.

Big Ten tournament could be interesting for MSU and Michigan now. The likely 2 and 3 seeds. They already play 2 of their last 4 games against each other. Decent chance they meet in the semi-finals and play each other 3 times in a 6 game span.

Lionsfan011 said:
Big Ten tournament could be interesting for MSU and Michigan now. The likely 2 and 3 seeds. They already play 2 of their last 4 games against each other. Decent chance they meet in the semi-finals and play each other 3 times in a 6 game span.
In a 20 game conference season it’s embarrassing that they allow this to happen, moreso in that an injury or rough stretch affects you in two games rather than spreading them out. 

Spartans look like dog####. Pathetic 

ETA: Spartans OOOFFF WTF was that?

:X :bag: :toilet: :clyde: :porked: :missing: :deadhorse: :topcat:

Playing themselves into a 5 or 6 seed.  Hope they enjoy. :bye:

complete and utter dog####.

Good road win for the good guys in Green in Madison tonight.  Kenny Goins was huge at the end, playing with one arm. That 8-0 run with 2 minutes and change was a nice way to wrap it up. Holding WI to 21 2nd half point was tremendous. Great D tonight

GOGREEN

BroncoFreak_2K3 said:
Good road win for the good guys in Green in Madison tonight.  Kenny Goins was huge at the end, playing with one arm. That 8-0 run with 2 minutes and change was a nice way to wrap it up. Holding WI to 21 2nd half point was tremendous. Great D tonight

GOGREEN
Happ is going to get his, but the D was fantastic. Trice and Davison with a handful of points could never get anything going. Lack of movement and not getting kick out 3s is their downfall, not to mention Hack-a-Happ

I'm curious what the Badgers will look like next year without having to force it to Happ every possession. Guys like King and Ford can (will have to) finally use some of their athleticism and really blossom.

Good win for MI at home versus MD. 

MI plays great D but - man - we just can't shoot at all. I think that's going to limit how far they can go in the tournament. 

After being great in Nov-early Jan, Jordan Poole is just a mess now. Can't hit anything.

Minnesota back to back banked in 3's. Had another 3 earlier that was a broken play guy throws up his 1st attempt of the season and it goes in. I'm turning this #### off :lol:

I hate this Hoosier team. So boring. Mailing it in. Standing around.

Sweet floor on The Barn today though. Nice work, Gophers.

They just banked in ANOTHER 3. WHAT THE MOTHER ####. 

Good win for MI at home versus MD. 

MI plays great D but - man - we just can't shoot at all. I think that's going to limit how far they can go in the tournament. 

After being great in Nov-early Jan, Jordan Poole is just a mess now. Can't hit anything.
Maryland had way too many unforced turnovers to beat a good team like Michigan. When the Terps cut it to 4 late in the 2nd, I thought they had a chance. Next three possessions: turnover, turnover, turnover. Then they panicked and started jacking 3s with still 4 minutes left.

Minnesota back to back banked in 3's. Had another 3 earlier that was a broken play guy throws up his 1st attempt of the season and it goes in. I'm turning this #### off :lol:

I hate this Hoosier team. So boring. Mailing it in. Standing around.

Sweet floor on The Barn today though. Nice work, Gophers.

They just banked in ANOTHER 3. WHAT THE MOTHER ####. 
That's The Way @Frostillicus likes it. Brightest I have seen that place, crazy the floor makes that much difference. 

Anyone see the end of the Iowa/Rutgers game? Insane. Brutal loss for Rutgers.
That kind of loss would only happen to Rutgers. Going for a full length pass with that much time on the clock (relatively) seemed crazy to me. And while it had nothing to do with the final play, those refs were a disgrace. I don't recall ever seeing a play where the refs had two options: a) no call, because the contact that stopped a breakaway from finishing was minimal or b) an intentional foul, because just that slight arm grab occurred when there was a clear path and chose c) regular foul which was the only one that didn't make sense.

That's The Way @Frostillicus likes it. Brightest I have seen that place, crazy the floor makes that much difference. 
I hate the Gophers light gray floor as much as the first time I saw it. It just blends in with white uniforms providing no differentiation. This isn’t some multi use field house. 

Old barn was best with an old school natural wood floor. 

GOGREEN 

Hope it’s only a dislocated finger for Nick. 
Wow. Really bad news. Sucks -

(from twitter) - What was billed as maybe a dislocated finger for Nick Ward is now known to be a hairline fracture in his hand. Ward is out for an unknown amount of time. MSU says it hopes he will return before the end of the season.

Figured it was more than a dislocation. Meh. Went on a 20-2 run to end the game without Ward today. Defense put the clamps on. It’s a hit but nothing you can do. Good thing Kithier has been getting quality minutes. I think this is a great opportunity for X to excel now. Henry really will have to step up.  Been down this road for many years before. Nothing new.

Looks like 7 big ten teams are locks with Minnesota in but on the bubble.  Purdue still in the best spot to win the Big Ten with a very favorable schedule.  One tough home game with OSU.  They do have four road games which are always tough at IU, Neb, Minn, and NW, but all very winnable.  Michigan schedule is brutal with road games at Minn, MD, and MSU and a home game with MSU.  Sparty does have home and away against Michigan, but not much else.  Not having Ward for a while might be troubling.  I am not even sure who to pick.  Could end up a three way tie.

Wow Edwards. 4-24? Seriously? This guy is supposed to be a big ten player of the year front runner? 

Edwards must be a closet IU fan, that's the only explanation of why he just kept shooting. He took 24 of Purdue's 60 shots, and shot ~17% from the field while the rest of his team shot ~42%. What a joy it must be to play with him.

Wow Edwards. 4-24? Seriously? This guy is supposed to be a big ten player of the year front runner? 
Are you asking that question based on his performance in one game? I won't make excuses for his shooting / shot selection last night because it was terrible but he is deserving of consideration for B10 POY.

So, who IS in the running for B1G POY?

I'm thinking Edwards is still the front runner. Bruno Fernando is averaging a double/double for MD. Who else?

jon_mx said:
Looks like 7 big ten teams are locks with Minnesota in but on the bubble.  Purdue still in the best spot to win the Big Ten with a very favorable schedule.  One tough home game with OSU.  They do have four road games which are always tough at IU, Neb, Minn, and NW, but all very winnable.  Michigan schedule is brutal with road games at Minn, MD, and MSU and a home game with MSU.  Sparty does have home and away against Michigan, but not much else.  Not having Ward for a while might be troubling.  I am not even sure who to pick.  Could end up a three way tie.
I like Michigan's schedule.  Haven't done well on the road, so present some late February/early March challenges to get a better feel for the team's readiness for the madness.

So, who IS in the running for B1G POY?

I'm thinking Edwards is still the front runner. Bruno Fernando is averaging a double/double for MD. Who else?
Winston of MSU. I think he's been the favorite for quite a while but if Purdue wins the conference I could see it going to Edwards. Happ of Wisconsin will be a contender more so as a lifetime achievement award. Iggy from Michigan. B1G POY will probably go to the guy who's team wins the conference.

Currently I'd rank them as:

1. Winston
  2. Edwards
  3. Happ
  4. Iggy

Winston of MSU. I think he's been the favorite for quite a while but if Purdue wins the conference I could see it going to Edwards. Happ of Wisconsin will be a contender more so as a lifetime achievement award. Iggy from Michigan. B1G POY will probably go to the guy who's team wins the conference.

Currently I'd rank them as:

1. Winston
  2. Edwards
  3. Happ
  4. Iggy

I'd be surprised if Iggy is that high. He's had a lot of games where he just disappears. If anyone from MI is up there, it should probably be Simpson. But I doubt they will get anyone in the top 5.

Users who are viewing this thread