What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Offseason Dynasty Trades (2 Viewers)

Team A gave: Josh Johnson/Barden/1.01/2.11/3.03/4.06

Team B gave: Charles/Leshoure/1.04
Terrible trade by Team B. He's going to really regret that in two years.
Doubt it takes 2 years for regret to set in. Horrible trade. And I'm a big Richardson fan.
It is not a deal I ever would have done, but it is not that horrible. I could see someone like EBF making this trade - if one believes Richardson is a mortal lock to succeed in the NFL, then one could justify giving up two injured players whom we have no guarantee will ever fully recover from their injuries, plus what normally is a 2nd tier 1st round rookie pick. Also, while the 2.11 and 3.03 picks can be viewed as throw-ins, one might get lucky with them.However, Charles seems likely to at some point to return close to 100% from his ACL injury and if that is the case, then the transaction is a wash at best and that is assuming that Richardson is not only everything as advertised, but also lands in the right situation (see Jonathan Stewart). And then the trade would become a loser if Team A also hits big on the 1.04 pick and/or Leshore fully recovers from his Achilles injury and succeeds in Detroit. Again, I don't like this trade, but it has the potential to work out well for Team B.
I will say this for the trade - the 1.04 seems to be a bust every year.
I had to go look this up, as it seemed incorrect to me. In my 12 team dynasty league our 4th overall picks have been:

2011: Julio Jones

2010: Jahvid Best

2009: Matt Stafford

2008: Matt Forte

2007: JaMarcus Russell

I would hardly call the 4th pick a for sure bust in my league at least. :shrug:

12 team standard PPR league.2012 pick 1.07 for Harvin
I would think Harvin could fetch more than that??
I didn't make this trade, but I am a Harvin owner. I had been trying to sell him for quite a while now, as I have some depth at WR. It seems every time I offer him up, the owner I am dealing with says they have no interest. I was hoping to get some good value for a great draft pick I made with a high second that year. No one wants him, and they always bring up the migraines as a reason. Who knows? I know I am glad I kept him.

Just finalized this deal in a 12 team league. Start 1QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/FLEX

Gave: Finley, Turner

Got: Bowe, K. Smith

I'm stacked at WR, but have had NO luck moving the Finley/Turner combo for an upgrade at RB. So I decided to make this deal, acquiring a WR that I can flip for a RB later, or that gives me the option of flipping one of my other WR's.

12-team PPR

AP / StevieJ / M.Bush for Forte / Steve Smith CAR / 1.5

Curious who you guys think won that one....

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave: Adrian Peterson, Mike Vick, My 2013 1st

I got: Julio Jones

I know I overpaid. I justify it by having Stafford/Romo/Bradford at QB and another teams 2013 1st. My team has made the playoffs the last 5 years so I anticipate the pick being at the back end of the 1st round.

Doubt it takes 2 years for regret to set in. Horrible trade. And I'm a big Richardson fan.
It is not a deal I ever would have done, but it is not that horrible. I could see someone like EBF making this trade - if one believes Richardson is a mortal lock to succeed in the NFL, then one could justify giving up two injured players whom we have no guarantee will ever fully recover from their injuries, plus what normally is a 2nd tier 1st round rookie pick. Also, while the 2.11 and 3.03 picks can be viewed as throw-ins, one might get lucky with them.However, Charles seems likely to at some point to return close to 100% from his ACL injury and if that is the case, then the transaction is a wash at best and that is assuming that Richardson is not only everything as advertised, but also lands in the right situation (see Jonathan Stewart). And then the trade would become a loser if Team A also hits big on the 1.04 pick and/or Leshore fully recovers from his Achilles injury and succeeds in Detroit. Again, I don't like this trade, but it has the potential to work out well for Team B.
I had to go look this up, as it seemed incorrect to me. In my 12 team dynasty league our 4th overall picks have been:

Jones shouldn't have lasted until 4 - it was Williams, Leshoure or Little in my leagues.2010: Jahvid Best

2009: Donald Brown (Stafford was usually a late 1st/early 2nd)

2008: Matt Forte or Felix Jones

2007: Michael Bush or Brandon Jackson

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave: Adrian Peterson, Mike Vick, My 2013 1stI got: Julio JonesI know I overpaid. I justify it by having Stafford/Romo/Bradford at QB and another teams 2013 1st. My team has made the playoffs the last 5 years so I anticipate the pick being at the back end of the 1st round.
This is putting Calvin Johnson value on Julio. I like it.

I gave: Adrian Peterson, Mike Vick, My 2013 1stI got: Julio JonesI know I overpaid. I justify it by having Stafford/Romo/Bradford at QB and another teams 2013 1st. My team has made the playoffs the last 5 years so I anticipate the pick being at the back end of the 1st round.
Pending on APs ability to comeback and continue to play at a high level you may be right.

Pending on APs ability to comeback and continue to play at a high level you may be right.
I don't doubt that he'll comeback to his usual form but not this year. I think you're looking at only a couple more elite years (2013-14). I also don't see a lot of life in a 32 yo running QB either. Assuming the 2013 1st doesn't end up a top 3 pick I think it's a great trade.

Antonio Brown and #4 for the #1.

Then Big Ben, Flynn and #1 for Brees and BJGE.
Love getting the 1.01 and then a bad deal to give it away, IMO.
Horrible - Brown, Big Ben, Flynn AND the #1 for Brees and BJGE? :X :
No, it's Brown, Ben, Flynn, and the #4 for Brees and BJGE. Still don't love it, but it's a bit closer, and in a QB-heavy league, I could totally see it.

I don't doubt that he'll comeback to his usual form but not this year. I think you're looking at only a couple more elite years (2013-14). I also don't see a lot of life in a 32 yo running QB either. Assuming the 2013 1st doesn't end up a top 3 pick I think it's a great trade.
I agree, I like the deal a lot for the guy getting Julio.

This trade happened in a league 10 team league I commish, two guys have raised a fuss about it already, interestingly enough, they both disagree on who gave up too much.

Start 2 qbs/2rbs/3wr/1te/idp , ppr, 3pt passing td

Team A gave up:

Roethlisberger

Mendenhall

Team B gave up:

Ryan Mallett

This trade happened in a league 10 team league I commish, two guys have raised a fuss about it already, interestingly enough, they both disagree on who gave up too much.Start 2 qbs/2rbs/3wr/1te/idp , ppr, 3pt passing tdTeam A gave up:RoethlisbergerMendenhall1.082.4Team B gave up:1.1Ryan Mallett
Fair enough, but I'd rather have the 1.01 side. There's a good chance Mallet will be the Pats starting QB in two years so he's a nice acquisition for a team looking to get younger.

This trade happened in a league 10 team league I commish, two guys have raised a fuss about it already, interestingly enough, they both disagree on who gave up too much.Start 2 qbs/2rbs/3wr/1te/idp , ppr, 3pt passing tdTeam A gave up:RoethlisbergerMendenhall1.082.4Team B gave up:1.1Ryan Mallett
Fair enough, but I'd rather have the 1.01 side. There's a good chance Mallet will be the Pats starting QB in two years so he's a nice acquisition for a team looking to get younger.
I don't play 2QB so I can't speak to how that changes thing too much. But I prefer the 1.01 side as well. Richardson is a ADP level stud IMO, and Mendenhall is just a guy.

I don't play 2QB so I can't speak to how that changes thing too much. But I prefer the 1.01 side as well. Richardson is a ADP level stud IMO, and Mendenhall is just a guy.
Roethlisberger is worth about the same as 1.1 in this format.

Roethlisberger is worth about the same as 1.1 in this format.
It is 2 QB, but it is also a ppr with only 3 pts. per passing TD, so that changes things a bit. I wonder if the #1 pick will be Luck in a league like this?The fact that the two teams complaining disagree on which side won means it's probably fair.

12 team standard PPR league.2012 pick 1.07 for Harvin
I would think Harvin could fetch more than that??
That deal makes no sense for the guy trading away Harvin. Is he crossing his fingers that the guy he drafts at 1.07 is as productive as Harvin has been?
He has great depth at WR, but is shaky at QB. So my only guess is that he is banking on Griffin being there at 1.07.
Then he should wait until draft day (so he knows Griffin is there) to make the trade or trade Harvin for a QB now. I don't want to call it a terrible deal, it's just one that makes little sense as there's no real upside (sure a player taken in that spot could end up being better than Harvin, but most would be happy just to get a "Harvin" there) and only downside.

Team H gave up

Sproles, Darren NOS RB;

Roosevelt, Naaman BUF WR;

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE;

Year 2012 3.5 Draft Pick

Team L gave up

Gerhart, Toby MIN RB;

Peterson, Adrian MIN RB;

Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE;

Year 2012 Round 4.09

Team H gave up Sproles, Darren NOS RB;Roosevelt, Naaman BUF WR;Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE; Year 2012 3.5 Draft PickTeam L gave up Gerhart, Toby MIN RB;Peterson, Adrian MIN RB;Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE;Year 2012 Round 4.09
Like the Peterson side of this, but seems reasonable.

'cstu said:

Jones shouldn't have lasted until 4 - it was Williams, Leshoure or Little in my leagues.2010: Jahvid Best

2 QB league here, which is why Newton went before Jones and Stafford went so high.

'cstu said:

2 QB league here, which is why Newton went before Jones and Stafford went so high.
You should have mentioned that to begin with, as one would assume that you were in a standard league by the :shrug:

16 team half PPRMike Wallace2.11For 1.061.08
i don't get this at all unless the former Wallace team is stacked at WR... assuming the top 3 Rookie picks, they will get Floyd/RG3/Miller, and then pick two spots later Jeffrey/Martin/Wilson. The 2.11 is not even a factor/lottery ticket so we are looking at Wallace for Floyd/Martin or RG3/Jeffrey. No way I would do that. To give up (on) Wallace, I would need a minimum Top 3 pick

12-team PPR AP / StevieJ / M.Bush for Forte / Steve Smith CAR / 1.5Curious who you guys think won that one....
For me personally, the Forte/Smith/1.05 side got a great deal off of AP's name value.
Well, I see Bush and Forte as a wash. Steve Smith and Stevie J are a wash. So basically it is ADP for 1.5. Hmmmm. I would much rather have ADP than a 1.5.
Huh? Bush and Forte as a wash? One is an almost 28 year old backup while the other is a 26 year old starter. Bush isn't remotely close to Forte. Similarly, an almost 33 year old Steve Smith doesn't carry the same value as a 25 going on 26 year old Steve Johnson.

12 team 1/2 ppr for WR/TEs only, start QB/2 rb/ 3 WR/ TE/ 1 flex. 4 yr contract max per player.

Mike Wallace (3 yrs)

for

pick 1.05, Steven Ridley (4 yr)

~~~~~~~

same league:

pick 1.02

for

pick 1.12, Demarco Murray (3 yr)

~~~~~~~

same:

Golden Tate (open contract up to 4 yr)

for

4th rounder rookie pick

16 team half PPRMike Wallace2.11For 1.061.08
I personally wasn't keen On the trade as the guy giving Wallace assumes all of the risk. If he picks well if could work out fine.His team was in pretty good shape last year before injuriesStaffordForteM bushMcFaddenGreenMarshallBrittWallaceHe's since traded away McFadden as well. Looks to have a case of Rookie Fever tbh.

12 Team, ppr, 1QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL/D/K

Team D gave up

Rivers, Philip SDC QB;

Amendola, Danny STL WR;

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def

Team G gave up

Ryan, Matt ATL QB;

Titans, Tennessee TEN Def;

Year 2012 5.11 Draft Pick

Users who are viewing this thread