What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 Offseason Dynasty Trades (1 Viewer)

12 team PPR

A gave: Fred Davis

B gave: 1.05

Auction league that makes rookie picks much more valuable.

12 team PPRA gave: Fred DavisB gave: 1.05Auction league that makes rookie picks much more valuable.
Damn. I think I like this haul much more than I like my trade of F. Davis for Rudolph, 2.5, 2.11.Kind of surprised someone gave up the 1.05 for a TE whose FA/Suspension status makes him a huge risk.

12 team PPRA gave: Fred DavisB gave: 1.05Auction league that makes rookie picks much more valuable.
Damn. I think I like this haul much more than I like my trade of F. Davis for Rudolph, 2.5, 2.11.Kind of surprised someone gave up the 1.05 for a TE whose FA/Suspension status makes him a huge risk.
I am happy with the deal. Like I said, we use a rookie auction and are allowed to stack our money. So, getting 1.05 money allows me to pile on with what I already had to go for a top rookie.

12 team PPR, start QB/2RB/3WR/TE/1Flex.

Traded Reggie Bush, James Starks

for

Steve Johnson, Jordan Todman

Leaves me with Mathews, Spiller, Best, Helu, and McGahee at RB, Calvin Johnson, Steve Johnson, Marshall, Jordy Nelson, Manningham, Amendola, and Torrey Smith at WR.

14 Team PPR (1 PPR RB/WR, 1.5 PPR TE), including a 1 round developmental (college) draft. Three trades:

Da'Rel Scott

for

Alex Smith

E.Bennett/2.01

for

Kyle Williams/2.07

A.Jeffery

for

G.Little

16 team partial PPR, IDP Keep 6 off / 8 def

Team A gets:

Mark Ingram

Team B gets:

Cedric Benson

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team non-ppr, standard scoring 53man rosters with IDP

Team A gives:

Brandon Marshall, WR

Team B gives:

2012 rookie 1.07

Jared Cook, TE

'Patoons said:
14 Team PPR (1 PPR RB/WR, 1.5 PPR TE), including a 1 round developmental (college) draft. Three trades:Da'Rel Scottfor Alex SmithE.Bennett/2.01forKyle Williams/2.07A.JefferyforG.Little
Same type of league:Delone Carterfor Kyle Williams / 2013 2nd (equivalent to a 3rd in this league)

12 team PPR dynasty league:

Team A gave: Dwayne Bowe (5 years total left)

Team B gave: Andy Dalton (on taxi) and 1.06 of 2012 rookie draft

Thoughts? Who got the better end of this one? Team A was stacked at WR with Andre, Calvin, AJ, and Julio.....so giving up Bowe didn't hurt much.

'Patoons said:
14 Team PPR (1 PPR RB/WR, 1.5 PPR TE), including a 1 round developmental (college) draft. Three trades:Da'Rel Scottfor Alex SmithE.Bennett/2.01forKyle Williams/2.07A.JefferyforG.Little
Same type of league:Delone Carterfor Kyle Williams / 2013 2nd (equivalent to a 3rd in this league)
One more:V.BrownforK.HunterThis one has 0.5 PPR for RBs and 1 PPR for WRs

'Patoons said:
One more:V.BrownforK.HunterThis one has 0.5 PPR for RBs and 1 PPR for WRs
Seems pretty fair to me. I like both quite a bit.......both were major targets for me.What about this one?12 team PPR dynasty league:Team A gave: Dwayne Bowe (5 years total left)Team B gave: Andy Dalton (on taxi) and 1.06 of 2012 rookie draftThoughts? Who got the better end of this one? Team A was stacked at WR with Andre, Calvin, AJ, and Julio.....so giving up Bowe didn't hurt much.

Seems pretty fair to me. I like both quite a bit.......both were major targets for me.What about this one?12 team PPR dynasty league:Team A gave: Dwayne Bowe (5 years total left)Team B gave: Andy Dalton (on taxi) and 1.06 of 2012 rookie draftThoughts? Who got the better end of this one? Team A was stacked at WR with Andre, Calvin, AJ, and Julio.....so giving up Bowe didn't hurt much.
Seems fair and make sense for Team A.I assume AJ is AJ Green and not Andre Johnson 2x.I certainly would have dealt Bowe as well. Maybe I would have added some pieces along with Bowe to go after a higher pick, but I don't think it's a bad deal.

12 team PPR

Team A gave up:

Dwyer, Jonathan PIT RB

Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB

Redman, Isaac PIT RB

Team B gave up:

Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team B

(though hard to predict a year out, perhaps in the 1.6 - 1.9 range)

12 team PPRTeam A gave up:Dwyer, Jonathan PIT RBMendenhall, Rashard PIT RBRedman, Isaac PIT RBTeam B gave up:Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team B(though hard to predict a year out, perhaps in the 1.6 - 1.9 range)
Dont like this trade at all for the guy giving up mendenhall. Surely he could have done better than a mid first in two years. Doesn't make much sense to me.And redman should be atleast serviceable in his stead

14 Team Dynasty PPR

Gave Santonio Holmes

Received Randall Cobb, Mike Thomas, Lance Kendricks

Hate to trade Holmes away for prospects, but after looking at his past production and factoring his on/off field issues, I'm not sure why this guy gets ranked as a top 20 WR anymore. I say top 40 at best.

12 team, ppr.

2012 3.11 Rookie Pick

Clark, Dallas TE IND

Murray, DeMarco RB DAL

Romo, Tony QB DAL - Traded from Team A

Finley, Jermichael TE GB

Hardesty, Montario RB CLE

Newton, Cam QB CAR - Traded from Team B

'Skeletore Eh said:
'Couch Potato said:
12 team PPRTeam A gave up:Dwyer, Jonathan PIT RBMendenhall, Rashard PIT RBRedman, Isaac PIT RBTeam B gave up:Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team B(though hard to predict a year out, perhaps in the 1.6 - 1.9 range)
Dont like this trade at all for the guy giving up mendenhall. Surely he could have done better than a mid first in two years. Doesn't make much sense to me.And redman should be atleast serviceable in his stead
More like 1-3 to 1-7 ;) . It was 1.5 this year and he's getting older. I wouldn't be surprised if Mendenhall's days as a starter for Pittsburgh are over and he doesn't provide much in a PPR anyway.

'Skeletore Eh said:
'Couch Potato said:
More like 1-3 to 1-7 ;) . It was 1.5 this year and he's getting older. I wouldn't be surprised if Mendenhall's days as a starter for Pittsburgh are over and he doesn't provide much in a PPR anyway.
Obviously if it's the 1.3 it's better for the mendenhall guy, but projecting next year is cloudy. Regardless, I can't imagine the guy couldn't have atleast gotten a mid first this year. Especially with redman being involved. And mendenhall is still only 24. To write him off is a bit premature IMO. If this is the mind frame of the majority, I'd say mendenhall is a good buy right now

'Patoons said:
'Skeletore Eh said:
Jonathan StewartLeonard hankersonForMichael CrabtreeFred Davis
I'll take the Crabtree/Davis side any day of the week in a PPR. Non PPR - maybe things change some.Crabtree started picking it up at the end of the reg season. He's a nice buy right now.
It is ppr. Having said that I like the jstew side. I just don't understand why people are still so infatuated with Crabtree. What is he? A low end WR2 at best. He's a prima Donna that does not impress on the field and IMO is just living off his reputation as a highly touted first round pick

'Skeletore Eh said:
'Couch Potato said:
I've never been 1.3 in any league ever (except for obtained picks or taking on orphaned teams). Yes it was 1.5 this year, because the team had been aging, but I've replaced lots of older production with youth (some before this year ergo lower 2011 scores and the 1.5 pick, the rest happening now... remember, my team won the league just a few years ago). The 5-7 record was an uncharacteristic losing season. Core of QB Brady/Peyton, RB PIT-TM/Sproles/Wells/Helu/Ridley/Starks/Blount, WR Harvin and others (need only start 1 in this league), TE Witten, SF Def. Aging? Other than Brady/Peyton my other 24 players are all under 30, and except for Sproles the afore-mentioned RBs are 22-26. You shouldn't expect 1.5 or worse in 2013. Edit -- after the reg season, this team also won 3 straight "toilet bowl" games with 133, 147, 131 pts in wks 13-15 to win it (league avg was 115 for reg season, my team was 112 avg). Also had 144 in wk 9 and 138 in wk 12, so it was getting much stronger after a weak first 8 weeks.

Anyone want to throw out an opinion as to what they think Tony Romo is worth in a non-PPR league in terms of rookie picks?

I don't know why but he really seems undervalued by the fantasy community.

Anyone want to throw out an opinion as to what they think Tony Romo is worth in a non-PPR league in terms of rookie picks?I don't know why but he really seems undervalued by the fantasy community.
I think he's undervalue because starting QBs are easier to come by than other positions. Romo's very good but there are a bunch of startable QBs in 12 team leagues and the difference between a Matt Ryan type and a Romo isn't that huge, or at least isn't perceived to be. To me he's probably worth the 1.04-1.06 depending on needs.

Anyone want to throw out an opinion as to what they think Tony Romo is worth in a non-PPR league in terms of rookie picks?I don't know why but he really seems undervalued by the fantasy community.
He has only had one season in the top 5 and in 1 QB leagues guys like him don't hold a lot of value. If someone has a better QB then I think he could be had for a late 1st.

I think he's undervalue because starting QBs are easier to come by than other positions. Romo's very good but there are a bunch of startable QBs in 12 team leagues and the difference between a Matt Ryan type and a Romo isn't that huge, or at least isn't perceived to be. To me he's probably worth the 1.04-1.06 depending on needs.
Good perspective, thanks. I was hoping to use him to get the 1.02 but it seems like he's worth more than the two or three guys that should be considered there.

He has only had one season in the top 5 and in 1 QB leagues guys like him don't hold a lot of value. If someone has a better QB then I think he could be had for a late 1st.
The guy with the 1.2 would have contended this year if he'd had a QB. He has Henne, Tarvaris, Kaepernick, M. Moore, Whitehurst and Vince Young as his QBs. I figured a guy like Romo would be worth considering for him.

'Skeletore Eh said:
'Couch Potato said:
Obviously if it's the 1.3 it's better for the mendenhall guy, but projecting next year is cloudy. Regardless, I can't imagine the guy couldn't have atleast gotten a mid first this year. Especially with redman being involved. And mendenhall is still only 24. To write him off is a bit premature IMO. If this is the mind frame of the majority, I'd say mendenhall is a good buy right now
2012 is the last year of Mendenhall's contract and there's a good chance that the Steelers starting RB in 2013 isn't currently on the roster.

As commish this makes me sick, I'm against veto though. :yucky:

Thoughts.

Forrester Thunder gave up:

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Forrester Thunder(1.03)

Queensferry Dolphins gave up:

Greene, Shonn NYJ RB

Floyd, Malcom SDC WR

Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Queensferry Dolphins (team finished with the 1.09 this year)

Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Queensferry Dolphins

As commish this makes me sick, I'm against veto though. :yucky: Thoughts.Forrester Thunder gave up:Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Forrester Thunder(1.03)Queensferry Dolphins gave up:Greene, Shonn NYJ RBFloyd, Malcom SDC WRYear 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Queensferry Dolphins (team finished with the 1.09 this year)Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Queensferry Dolphins
Why would this be vetoeable?

As commish this makes me sick, I'm against veto though. :yucky: Thoughts.Forrester Thunder gave up:Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Forrester Thunder(1.03)Queensferry Dolphins gave up:Greene, Shonn NYJ RBFloyd, Malcom SDC WRYear 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Queensferry Dolphins (team finished with the 1.09 this year)Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Queensferry Dolphins
Cause it's crap.Giving up a nothing wide receiver, an average RB and a late first and second (this is a 16 team league) for what amounts to either Blackmon, Luck or RGIII. The 16 team format greatly increases the value of QB's and to get Luck for this price is daylight robbery.

I would not veto this either. Obviously the guy has something he wants at 1.03 and this is what it took to get it.

I would not veto this either. Obviously the guy has something he wants at 1.03 and this is what it took to get it.
I meant its terrible for the guy giving away the 1.03.I'd never veto but it's a terrible trade.

Cause it's crap.Giving up a nothing wide receiver, an average RB and a late first and second (this is a 16 team league) for what amounts to either Blackmon, Luck or RGIII. The 16 team format greatly increases the value of QB's and to get Luck for this price is daylight robbery.
Still not remotely vetoable IMO. Green had 1200+ yds this year; he's not a stud but he's not as bad as people think. And you're guaranteeing the picks will be late. They may be.... and they may not be. I've seen awesome teams give up their 1st rounders thinking it would be 1.11-1.12 only to lose several starters to injury and it ends up being 1.01 - 1.02. The trade is fine. I wouldn't have done it but there's nothing vetoable about it.

12 team PPR league.

Gave up Matt Ryan for a 2013 1st round rookie pick from the league champion.

I have Cam, so Ryan was surplus to requirements. I had the option of taking this year's 1.12 rookie pick, but decided to try my luck with next year's class instead.

12 team PPR league. Gave up Matt Ryan for a 2013 1st round rookie pick from the league champion. I have Cam, so Ryan was surplus to requirements. I had the option of taking this year's 1.12 rookie pick, but decided to try my luck with next year's class instead.
Geeze do I need to re-evaluate the value of QBs in fantasy circles.

12 team PPR league. Gave up Matt Ryan for a 2013 1st round rookie pick from the league champion. I have Cam, so Ryan was surplus to requirements. I had the option of taking this year's 1.12 rookie pick, but decided to try my luck with next year's class instead.
The problem is that in 12 team leagues, there just aren't a lot of teams who lack a serviceable starting QB. So your market for potential trade partners is small. Ryan is worth more than a late first round rookie pick (especially when you look at his second half numbers), but how many teams would actually be willing to pay more than that for him? Someone who already has a Romo/Roethlisberger/Eli/Rivers type of QB isn't going to give you anything better than that for Ryan.

Guys I know this is "the wrong thread" but hard to get feedback in the other place.

Would anyone trade away Charles for Stewart and Sidney Rice OR Charles and Smitty *Panthers for Stewart and Dez?

Having a hard time with this one.

i'm on both sides of the QB trade value in a couple of leagues and have learned that EBF is 100% correct: there are not many FF teams that need a QB and it has driven down the trade market for them.

If we were to unpack this a bit, there is no doubt that there are 4 studs that are difference makers (Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Cam), so we have eliminated 1/3rd off the bat.

Then you have some very productive QBs that just haven't been consistent year in year out, but owners feel good about rolling them out every week (Stafford, Vick, Rivers, Romo, Eli, Ryan). But that still leaves some good PPG options that have been dinged like Roth/Schaub... and you can add a couple of rookies to the mix that will be taken Top 5 in rookie drafts. Even a basket case like Sanchez is within 3PPG of Eli/Romo/Ryan (!?!) And then there is Tebow :hophead:

So if you are lucky enough to have drafted Cam as a back up last year, or got to benefit from Stafford blowing up, you may have two week in week out starters that are Top 6 vis a vis... so to make your team better you want to trade a QB, but the Market doesn't bear what you think it should. A possible late 1st in 2013 for Ryan? It sounds about right. Someone was asking about Romo's value: maybe a mid first 1.05-1.08.

12 team dynasty ppr

team a

'12 pick 1.02

team

'12 pick 1.06,1.07,1.09

Guys I know this is "the wrong thread" but hard to get feedback in the other place.

Would anyone trade away Charles for Stewart and Sidney Rice OR Charles and Smitty *Panthers for Stewart and Dez?

Absolutely.

Absolutely.
I do it too, though I don't think Stewart is going to be a must-start this year and if the other guy has Laurent Robinson as well I'd be sure to try and get him... just in case.

2012 is the last year of Mendenhall's contract and there's a good chance that the Steelers starting RB in 2013 isn't currently on the roster.
Is this such a bad thing? I don't think leaving the steelers would hurt his value assuming he comes back healthy. Could even improve it if he goes to a team that uses him in the passing game. I think mendenhall is capable, but the steelers just didn't use him in that capacity.

Last week I acquired Matt Ryan in one league for the 1.08 and then acquired him a day later in another league for the 1.10. In one of the two, and probably both, the other owner had shopped him around to a number of teams with a need at QB and my offer (the 1.10) was the best by quite a bit I believe.

Jonathan StewartLeonard hankersonForMichael CrabtreeFred Davis
I'll take the Crabtree/Davis side any day of the week in a PPR. Non PPR - maybe things change some.Crabtree started picking it up at the end of the reg season. He's a nice buy right now.
It is ppr. Having said that I like the jstew side. I just don't understand why people are still so infatuated with Crabtree. What is he? A low end WR2 at best. He's a prima Donna that does not impress on the field and IMO is just living off his reputation as a highly touted first round pick
Low end WR2 and a top 5 TE? I'll take that over Stewart.I wouldn't call it an infatuation, I think it's actually the opposite right now. He's on a defense oriented team that focuses on the run. Is he immature? Yes, but he's only been in the year 3 years now and picked it up considerably in the 2nd half of 2011.Don't get me wrong, I like Stewart, but not as much as. A top 5 TE and a WR2 (with upside).

Users who are viewing this thread