What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (4 Viewers)

The Kluber injury really puts me in a bind. I traded away Mike Minor for Mariano Rivera because I was ~130 innings ahead of pace. I'm sitting pretty in ERA and WHIP despite being ahead of everyone on innings, so I was going to just pick and choose starts down the stretch based on matchups. I'm left now with Jose Fernandez, who gets shut down soon; Samardzija, who's been iffy lately; Homer Bailey, solid; and Matt Moore, DL. I went ahead and dropped Kluber for—ugh—Tyson Ross. Any other deep wire pitchers out there?
I hated Ross when he was with the A's, but he seems to be on to something these last few starts.

Delgado?
Joe Kelly?

The Kluber injury really puts me in a bind. I traded away Mike Minor for Mariano Rivera because I was ~130 innings ahead of pace. I'm sitting pretty in ERA and WHIP despite being ahead of everyone on innings, so I was going to just pick and choose starts down the stretch based on matchups. I'm left now with Jose Fernandez, who gets shut down soon; Samardzija, who's been iffy lately; Homer Bailey, solid; and Matt Moore, DL. I went ahead and dropped Kluber for—ugh—Tyson Ross. Any other deep wire pitchers out there?
I hated Ross when he was with the A's, but he seems to be on to something these last few starts.

Delgado?
Joe Kelly?
He's on my watch list. Current plan is to pick him up for his next start vs. the Cubs.

Delgado?
Joe Kelly?
He's on my watch list. Current plan is to pick him up for his next start vs. the Cubs.
Only problem with Kelly is that he doesn't go that deep into games and doesn't strikeout many batters.

Delgado?
Joe Kelly?
Only problem with Kelly is that he doesn't go that deep into games and doesn't strikeout many batters.
Yeah, I'm not expecting much.

Good Posting Judge said:
jamny said:
What's up with Adam Eaton? He didn't play at all this weekend.
Working him in slow. I held on to him all year as a stash, but at this point I think it's time to move on.

I'll be back on him next year. :bag:
Looks like the rest might have done him good. Hopefully he starts coming around now.

Never thought I'd be dropping Jeff Samardzija for Chris Capuano, but here I am.

I have Scott Kazmir, Chris Capuano, and LaTroy Hawkins on my pitching staff and I'm in first place. It must be 2008.

Pirates called up Andrew Lambo. There's a decent chance he gets a shot to be a permanent replacement at the black hole that is RF. Led the minors in HR's. Might be a .250/tons of K's but give you some HR's and RBI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pirates called up Andrew Lambo. There's a decent chance he gets a shot to be a permanent replacement at the black hole that is RF. Led the minors in HR's. Might be a .250/tons of K's but give you some HR's and RBI.
Would have been sweet if his name was John.

Chris Archer was dropped in my league. Is he worth my #1WW spot in a 14 team, 10 player keeper league? I was hoping to hold onto it in case one of the prospect not yet in the Yahoo system gets called up. Buxton, Archie Bradley, etc.

Chris Archer was dropped in my league. Is he worth my #1WW spot in a 14 team, 10 player keeper league? I was hoping to hold onto it in case one of the prospect not yet in the Yahoo system gets called up. Buxton, Archie Bradley, etc.
He is good but I wouldn't do it. Save your waiver position on Bogaerts, Buxton, Sano or Bradley. Only Bradley might get called up this year, though.

He is good but I wouldn't do it. Save your waiver position on Bogaerts, Buxton, Sano or Bradley. Only Bradley might get called up this year, though.
Already picked up Bogaerts, and Yelich, just picked up D'Arnaud also. Forgot to mention that the WW starts over next year so I have to use it or lose it. How would you rate Archer to Walker who is available? In reality I probably won't be able to keep any of these guys but Bogaerts as I'm thinking I will be keeping CarGo, Carlos Santana, Kinsler, Beltre, Bogaerts, Kershaw, Wilson, Shields. So that leaves one, maybe two spots to play with. Buchholtz and Hosmer are other possibles. Most likely keeping Hosmer.

Report: Red Sox to call up prospect Xander Bogaerts
The Red Sox are expected to call up top prospect infielder Xander Bogaerts Monday, according to WEEI.

The team reportedly optioned infielder Brock Holt to the minors, leaving an opening for Bogaerts. Bogaerts is hitting .284/.369/.453 at Triple-A Pawtucket. Bogaerts has mainly played shortstop in the minors, but has seen some time at third base.

Who should I drop for Bogaerts?

12 team yahoo redraft league with 6x6 h2h scoring

C: Wilson Ramos
1B: Prince Fielder
2B: Brad Miller
SS: Brian Dozier

3B: Evan Longoria
OF: Mike Trout, Alex Rios, Will Myers
UTL: Starling Marte, Yasiel Puig
BN: Dominic Brown

SP: Jered Weaver, Madison Bumgarner, Mat Latos, Matt Harvey, Mike Minor, Kris Medlen, Patrick Corbin, Tony Cingrani, Alex Wood
RP: Edward Mujica, Steve Cishek, Joaquin Benoit
DL: Johnny Cueto

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony Jabroni said:
Looks like Starling Marte may be out until the playoffs. Any thoughts on a decent replacement this late in the season?

:wall:
jarrod Dyson is drawing a lefty tonight, may finally be an every day guy.

Tony Jabroni said:
Looks like Starling Marte may be out until the playoffs. Any thoughts on a decent replacement this late in the season?

:wall:
Bonifacio or leonys Martin? I'm waffling on what to do myself....already got Cueto/Cingrani taking up my DL spots.

Users who are viewing this thread