What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (10 Viewers)

I tried the read tea leaves and thought he might get less. I was wrong. Wow, no value at all this year it seems.

Regarding his statement, I find it really odd that Gordon is the one that gets to be disappointed that someone else "didn't exercise better discretion and judgment." He had a LONG time to work on that, and that is a very poor sentiment for him to have. Sure, makes you think there's more to the case, but at the end of the day, he's the one that needs to show better discretion and judgment, and definitely not judge others for theirs.

Statement:

AlbertBreer
@AlbertBreer

Browns WR Josh Gordon statement via the NFLPA: “I’d like to apologize to my teammates, coaches, the Cleveland Browns organization and our fans. I am very disappointed that the NFL and its hearing office didn’t exercise better discretion and judgment in my case. I would like to sincerely thank the people who have been incredibly supportive of me during this challenging time, including my family, my agent, my union, my legal team, and the Cleveland Browns staff.”

So, they doubly screw the Browns by waiting an extra 3 weeks to announce the suspension? Now he's out until at week 4 the of pre-season at the very least? Wow. Glad I'm not a Browns fan...I'd be livid.
The NFL has no control over how long it takes for the arbitrator to decide. He could have just not appealed, that would have got things started earlier.

Of course, nobody is ever guilty.

Putting any fantasy bias aside, this is the right decision. Dude needs to clean his life up. He can make enough money in a couple games that would allow any one of us to retire for life. Too bad these idiots don't realize what they have.

Next step ..will the legal team go for an injunction in the courts?
Yeah, this is obviously the next step. Blown away that it took that long to just uphold the original suspension.
It took long because the league was well aware that Gordon's legal team was going for the nuclear option if the suspension wasn't overturned, they tried to tie up all the loose ends.

This is only in the 4th or 5th inning.

So, they doubly screw the Browns by waiting an extra 3 weeks to announce the suspension? Now he's out until at week 4 the of pre-season at the very least? Wow. Glad I'm not a Browns fan...I'd be livid.
I think he can reapply a month or two before the year runs - I would think if he stays clean they'll let him go to camp.

Who screwed the Browns? Seems like it was Gordon who did.

Sounds like Gordon is accepting it , nothing in his statment about anything else. Oh well next year. Time to drop him.

“I'd like to apologize to my teammates, coaches, the Cleveland Browns organization and our fans," Gordon said in a statement through the NFLPA. "I am very disappointed that the NFL and its hearing office didn't exercise better discretion and judgment in my case. I would like to sincerely thank the people who have been incredibly supportive of me during this challenging time, including my family, my agent, my union, my legal team, and the Cleveland Browns staff.”

I think he can reapply a month or two before the year runs - I would think if he stays clean they'll let him go to camp.

Who screwed the Browns? Seems like it was Gordon who did.
Only himself to blame.

he deserved it. If this kid has ANY chance to turn it around, they NEEDED to do this. Giving him a slap on the wrist wouldn't have helped. He's got to learn the consequences of his poor decisions and behavior.

The NFL has no control over how long it takes for the arbitrator to decide. He could have just not appealed, that would have got things started earlier.

Of course, nobody is ever guilty.
Wouldn't surprise me if the NFL intentionally screwed Gordon by waiting this long due to his attorney continually violating the rules and releasing info to help his client's PR.

Without camp and preseason next year, Gordon is pretty much toast for 2 years now. That's assuming he even complies with all the requirements of the testing now and can get re-instated in a year.

Sounds like Gordon is accepting it , nothing in his statment about anything else. Oh well next year. Time to drop him.

I'd like to apologize to my teammates, coaches, the Cleveland Browns organization and our fans," Gordon said in a statement through the NFLPA. "I am very disappointed that the NFL and its hearing office didn't exercise better discretion and judgment in my case. I would like to sincerely thank the people who have been incredibly supportive of me during this challenging time, including my family, my agent, my union, my legal team, and the Cleveland Browns staff.
Way to own your mistake. I'd guess this won't be his last - and the next one is indefinite if I'm not mistaken.

Just on ESPN Sports Center, one year ban.

Oh well, he was WW fodder risk anyway for anyone who took him late, would do it 10 times out of 10.

Sounds like Gordon is accepting it , nothing in his statment about anything else. Oh well next year. Time to drop him. I'd like to apologize to my teammates, coaches, the Cleveland Browns organization and our fans," Gordon said in a statement through the NFLPA. "I am very disappointed that the NFL and its hearing office didn't exercise better discretion and judgment in my case. I would like to sincerely thank the people who have been incredibly supportive of me during this challenging time, including my family, my agent, my union, my legal team, and the Cleveland Browns staff.
Way to own your mistake. I'd guess this won't be his last - and the next one is indefinite if I'm not mistaken.
I believe this is already somewhat indefinite. Unless I'm wrong, he has to apply for reinstatement in a year. It's not automatic that he comes back.

the NFL really stuck it to the Browns.

just shameful.

:kicksrock:
No, Gordon did.
Leaving it this late is all on the NFL

the screwing up is on Gordon
You have as good a grasp on the process as you do on predicting suspensions. Let it go. This could have been over a long time ago if Gordon would have taken the contract exacted punishment for his mistake. The only reason it went so long is attributed to Gordon's choice to fight and then his defense team's actions.

You have some ownership to do yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread