What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (13 Viewers)

Should we start a new thread telling people to grab him immediately? People aren't really looking in this thread for news anymore.

I've read that article three times, and other than the title, i don't see where it says the potential new policy would be retroactive.

I've read that article three times, and other than the title, i don't see where it says the potential new policy would be retroactive.
This.

Seems like wild speculation from Breer and a sensationalized title by Stinchomb to me.

"Breer pointed out that Goodell's comments about some players not being suspended under a new policy could be in references to this changes."

It's not proper english... what does it even mean?

Gordon owner here who would love to see him play this year, but this news item seems like a couple guys trolling for new twitter followers.

At this point, I think Gordon owners have a better chance of suing Gordon for emotional suffering than Gordon does of getting out of his suspension.

At this point, I think Gordon owners have a better chance of suing Gordon for emotional suffering than Gordon does of getting out of his suspension.
This :goodposting:

It is also well documented that Gordon isn't the brightest guy, but I am beginning the think he is smarter than the Gordon owners

The article has been updated to say:

"Breer clarified that he never said anything about suspensions already on the books being lifted."

That being said, IF there is a new policy, AND it contains a higher threshold/less severe penalties for weed, that improves (IMO) Gordon's chances of avoiding further suspensions.

Obviously, he passed a number of tests, and he was just barely over the NFL's low threshold on his recent failure. He's either very good at beating the tests, or stays "mostly" clean. If he continues that behavior, under a new policy, the worries that some people (including myself) that he would be unable to avoid further suspension shouldn't be as great.

"Breer clarified that he never said anything about suspensions already on the books being lifted."

That being said, IF there is a new policy, AND it contains a higher threshold/less severe penalties for weed, that improves (IMO) Gordon's chances of avoiding further suspensions.

Obviously, he passed a number of tests, and he was just barely over the NFL's low threshold on his recent failure. He's either very good at beating the tests, or stays "mostly" clean. If he continues that behavior, under a new policy, the worries that some people (including myself) that he would be unable to avoid further suspension shouldn't be as great.
While Gordon owners should write this season off as lost, the new policy should actually increase his dynasty value as the chances of him messing up again go down significantly.

After reading the "article / speculation", the only currently suspended WR in the NFL this would possibly benefit is Wes Welker. Why do some people have such a hard time letting go and admitting they were wrong about the year-long suspension for Gordon? This is really getting very Tebow-esque in terms of the lengths guys will go to find anything to hang their hopes on....

he has failed 6 tests in 4 years

that's like saying the cleveland browns are very good at winning superbowls

After reading the "article / speculation", the only currently suspended WR in the NFL this would possibly benefit is Wes Welker. Why do some people have such a hard time letting go and admitting they were wrong about the year-long suspension for Gordon? This is really getting very Tebow-esque in terms of the lengths guys will go to find anything to hang their hopes on....
It says they're potentially raising the threshold for positive marijuana tests. He barely failed, any raise in the threshold would mean his tests would be negative under the new policy. If its retroactive (which would make sense in terms of fairness), it would revoke his current suspension.

I have never witnessed someone take the beating that Soulfly has in this thread. And he's endured it for 160 pages. If he's posted 500 times, he's been dead wrong 450 of them. Yet, he still keeps up the fight. I don't know if I should be embarrassed for him or proud of the beating he is able to withstand.

I have never witnessed someone take the beating that Soulfly has in this thread. And he's endured it for 160 pages. If he's posted 500 times, he's been dead wrong 450 of them. Yet, he still keeps up the fight. I don't know if I should be embarrassed for him or proud of the beating he is able to withstand.
Won't pay up on his bets.

Will disappear once the verdict comes down.

The social psychologists of the forum are just as bad as I.

Except you don't hear them admit that, ever.

So a few other people were wrong about a couple of things, too. I guess that's some consolation for you. If it makes you feel better, I'm leaning toward proud. Most people with this much egg on their face do run and hide. :thumbup:

It says they're potentially raising the threshold for positive marijuana tests. He barely failed, any raise in the threshold would mean his tests would be negative under the new policy. If its retroactive (which would make sense in terms of fairness), it would revoke his current suspension.
Fairness for who? Do you really think Goodell obsesses about Josh Gordon playing this year as much as you and Soulfly do? I'm beginning to think one of you guys is his father or something. This was not his first offense and there most certainly won't be any exceptions made for a guy waiting for his DUI case to pan out....

So a few other people were wrong about a couple of things, too. I guess that's some consolation for you. If it makes you feel better, I'm leaning toward proud. Most people with this much egg on their face do run and hide. :thumbup:
I, along w many others were wrong about the suspension.

So what? So were many big named talking heads who thought he would receive a reduced suspension.

Only ONE person came out and apologized to me and gave me credit for following up on everything I said I would. The rest stayed quiet as I expected they would. That's life tho. It takes balls to come out and be wrong, and own up to it... This forum lacks a lot of balls.

Josina Anderson

@JosinaAnderson

#Browns WR Josh Gordon has a new job. He will be the goodwill ambassador for the Sarchione Auto group in Randolph, Ohio, which includes Sarchione Ford and Sarchione Chevrolet . He will be working in all aspects of their car business including as an on-floor salesman. Gordon will also be heading all of their local community efforts including with the Wounded Warriors Project. He starts this weekend.

Josina Anderson

@JosinaAnderson

#Browns WR Josh Gordon has a new job. He will be the goodwill ambassador for the Sarchione Auto group in Randolph, Ohio, which includes Sarchione Ford and Sarchione Chevrolet . He will be working in all aspects of their car business including as an on-floor salesman. Gordon will also be heading all of their local community efforts including with the Wounded Warriors Project. He starts this weekend.
till he fails THEIR drug test

I, along w many others were wrong about the suspension.

So what? So were many big named talking heads who thought he would receive a reduced suspension.

Only ONE person came out and apologized to me and gave me credit for following up on everything I said I would. The rest stayed quiet as I expected they would. That's life tho. It takes balls to come out and be wrong, and own up to it... This forum lacks a lot of balls.
lol

i love you man

you were as wrong as wrong can be, and somehow you are the one we should all emulate...

stay golden soulfly

lol

i love you man

you were as wrong as wrong can be, and somehow you are the one we should all emulate...

stay golden soulfly
I'm not asking anyone to emulate me.

Just pointing out that everything the forum gods said I wouldn't do, I did. I couldve taken the easy way out. Most wouldve.

lol

i love you man

stay golden soulfly

Just pointing out that everything the forum gods said I wouldn't do, I did. I couldve taken the easy way out. Most wouldve.
and you deserve some credit for that

but that credit is way over shadowed by how incredibly wrong you were

but what i like about you is that didn't phase you. It's that nothing-to-lose-makes-crazy-###-predictions attitude of yours that gives you your soulfly charm

and that is what makes you entertaining, which almost overshadows how wrong you were ;)

Some folks are awfully invested in making sure that those that were/are optimistic about Gordon playing understand they were/are wrong.

Guess I'd echo the above question, why are ya'll so worried about it?
I can't speak for everyone, but I think at least a couple of people are lawyers who are just trying to explain the logistics.

lol

i love you man

stay golden soulfly

There is nothing difficult in what you've done here.
There isn't. Nor did I say anything I did was difficult.

It's what anyone w a semblance of testicular fortitude would've done.

But I wasnt the one calling me out for these things for the past 3 months

Some folks are awfully invested in making sure that those that were/are optimistic about Gordon playing understand they were/are wrong.

Guess I'd echo the above question, why are ya'll so worried about it?
I can't speak for everyone, but I think at least a couple of people are lawyers who are just trying to explain the logistics.
Agreed and the actual expertise is appreciated and has been a positive contribution to the thread.

lol

i love you man

stay golden soulfly

There is nothing difficult in what you've done here.
There isn't. Nor did I say anything I did was difficult.

It's what anyone w a semblance of testicular fortitude would've done.

But I wasnt the one calling me out for these things for the past 3 months
Testicular fortitude? Throwing crap at a wall and then pulling a martyr routine (and not a very good one at that)? You still sound as though you feel you're owed something.

Testicular fortitude? Throwing crap at a wall and then pulling a martyr routine (and not a very good one at that)?

You still sound as though you feel you're owed something.
Dude... The "let's pile on Soulfly game" ended about a week ago. Get off at the next stop, please.

I'm not owed anything, nor have I asked for anything. I just pointed out that only one member stepped up who was on my opposing team.

well some people still think through magic and/or legal action he'll play
basically a 0.1% chance now. Wouldve been done by now, I would have to believe.

Testicular fortitude? Throwing crap at a wall and then pulling a martyr routine (and not a very good one at that)?

You still sound as though you feel you're owed something.
Dude... The "let's pile on Soulfly game" ended about a week ago. Get off at the next stop, please.

I'm not owed anything, nor have I asked for anything. I just pointed out that only one member stepped up who was on my opposing team.
¡Pobrecito!

There was no game, just reaction to your strange brand of foolishness. Wasn't that what you were going for?

Users who are viewing this thread