What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (10 Viewers)

People are really not going to use him? He's so far and away their best play maker and in his 1st week back against a horrible Falcons passing defence, he might get 15 targets.

Browns GM Ray Farmer said Josh would have to 'work himself back into the starting lineup' and head coach has been preaching his motto of 'Play Like a Brown' all year and has even sat RB Terrance West for a week when he wasn't practicing up to snuff and he also has sat top #1 draft pick CB Justin Gilbert and only a few minutes ago the Browns released RB Ben Tate who has whined about not getting carries and sulked after Sunday's game about not getting carries.

The talk from Farmer about Josh needing to work himself back into the starting role and the no-nonsense talk and actions of HC Mike Pettine who criticized Gordon in the preseason due to his lackadaisical work attitude so the timing of the release of RB Ben Tate a day after WR Josh Gordon rejoins the team appears like it could be a clear message to Gordon that he better toe the line.

Browns GM Ray Farmer said Josh would have to 'work himself back into the starting lineup' and head coach has been preaching his motto of 'Play Like a Brown' all year and has even sat RB Terrance West for a week when he wasn't practicing up to snuff and he also has sat top #1 draft pick CB Justin Gilbert and only a few minutes ago the Browns released RB Ben Tate who has whined about not getting carries and sulked after Sunday's game about not getting carries.

The talk from Farmer about Josh needing to work himself back into the starting role and the no-nonsense talk and actions of HC Mike Pettine who criticized Gordon in the preseason due to his lackadaisical work attitude so the timing of the release of RB Ben Tate a day after WR Josh Gordon rejoins the team appears like it could be a clear message to Gordon that he better toe the line.
You somehow managed to turn two decent sized paragraphs into two sentences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nfl.com was serving kool aid at their projections meeting, then spilled it on their algorithm, 20 points in standard scoring lolwut?

Put soulfly on suicide watch in the case gordon gets injured in the first half.

Well, I only play best-ball leagues and drafted him everywhere. I hope he pays off! I'm wondering whose targets get impacted the most? I see that Gabriel actually had more targets than Hawkins last week.

Peyton Marino said:
Bracie Smathers said:

You somehow managed to turn two decent sized paragraphs into two sentences.
I was about ready to "take it to the bank" brohans

He'll get the start for me this week since Antonio is on a bye, but he'll have to produce to stay in the lineup next week over Mike Evans.

1. scott pianowski@scott_pianowski 50m50 minutes ago
    Anyone who owns Josh Gordon owes it to themselves to shop him before he plays a game. There's a wide range of outcomes here.

2. Dulie@DTG3030 36m36 minutes ago
    @scott_pianowski Yeah anywhere from averaging 100/1 to 150/2 a game in his return. Pretty wide range.

3. scott pianowski@scott_pianowski 33m33 minutes ago
    I'm telling you, shop, Gordon people. MT @DTG3030 Yeah anywhere from averaging 100/1 to 150/2 a game in his return. Pretty wide range.

Anyone who owns Josh Gordon owes it to themselves to shop him before he plays a game. There's a wide range of outcomes here.

@scott_pianowski Yeah anywhere from averaging 100/1 to 150/2 a game in his return. Pretty wide range.

I'm telling you, shop, Gordon people. MT @DTG3030 Yeah anywhere from averaging 100/1 to 150/2 a game in his return. Pretty wide range.

who is this guy?

Dammit! The excitement in this thread has me considering starting him over Gronk in one league just so I can start him.

who is this guy?
Writes for yahoo? I don't know. I believe he's considered to be an "expert".

Bravo, Scott Pianowski.

Your vagueness leaves you just enough room on both sides of the spectrum to say "I told you so"

Gordon "flops" - "I told you to take offers!"

Gordon soars - "Well, I didnt say he'd fail, I said to gauge the market and possibly sell based on uncertainty"

What a #####. Take a stance if you wanna talk all ballsy

Gordon will get at least 10 targets. I would guess closer to 15 than 10 though.

He is motivated and knows the offense. Hoyer just has to get the ball in his vicinity and he will go get it.

Bravo, Scott Pianowski.

Your vagueness leaves you just enough room on both sides of the spectrum to say "I told you so"

Gordon "flops" - "I told you to take offers!"

Gordon soars - "Well, I didnt say he'd fail, I said to gauge the market and possibly sell based on uncertainty"

What a #####. Take a stance if you wanna talk all ballsy
Excuse me? The spectrum starts at low-end WR1 and ends at him transcending whatever it is us mere humans believe to be acme of production for a wide receiver. There is no such thing as Gordon "flopping" in this universe.

Excuse me? The spectrum starts at low-end WR1 and ends at him transcending whatever it is us mere humans believe to be acme of production for a wide receiver. There is no such thing as Gordon "flopping" in this universe.
I dont know why I ever wrote "flop" - but I mean... That's if he got something like 100/1... that kinda flop

I only got him in 1 out of my 3 leagues, but he is in the lineup. Calvin, Julio and Gordon, let's see how he does. I'm excited and after the flop of this team last week not wanting to clinch the division early, I need it! Go cat butt or whatever he's called.

I'm starting him of course (over Lamar Miller, Mike Wallace, and Ryan Mathews), but I'm tempering expectations a bit. While it's certainly possible that he'll blow up, the Atlanta defense is so bad, I think the Browns will be content to run quite a bit and not rely too heavily on the pass. With that said, Gordon with 6-7 targets could be enough for him to end up with over 100 yards and a touchdown.

who is this guy?
Writes for yahoo? I don't know. I believe he's considered to be an "expert".
His rankings have generally fared pretty well amongst the FF industry. 5th best over the last 4 years.

@AleDiMau
Hey, @scott_pianowski, instead of the vagueness on Gordon. Take a firm stance. Dont tell us to shop w no background. Will he fly or flop?
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite
More
3:35 PM - 18 Nov 2014

Tweet text
Reply to @AleDiMau @scott_pianowski
scott pianowski ‏@scott_pianowski 2h2 hours ago
@AleDiMau Not going to pretend I have some exact answer that's unknowable. I do a ton of ranks every week. Consider or ignore, up to you.
Reply Retweet Favorite
More

Alé DiMau ‏@AleDiMau 1h1 hour ago
@scott_pianowski @AleDiMau of course it's unknowable - but give a reason why, at least. This guy is top3 potential wise. Easily
Reply Retweet Favorite
More

scott pianowski ‏@scott_pianowski 1h1 hour ago
@AleDiMau I'm not going to argue with you. I put a season projection rank out Monday. Do what you want with it.
Reply Retweet Favorite
More

Alé DiMau ‏@AleDiMau 1h1 hour ago
@scott_pianowski I didnt think we were arguing - Im asking for your legit reasons for worry, and what side of fly/flop youre on

eta: scott's rankings aint so hot this season... and the guy sounds like he needs to step up and give some explanations instead of shooting air

is the guy wrong though? if you get 2013 value in a trade for gordon today... its worth considering... you dont know until you shop him.

What explanation is needed? He said there is a wide range of opinions so people should shop him. Isn't that self explanatory enough? There's a good chance someone may like him even more than the Gordon owner and be willing to pay for him.

I feel good about what Gordon will do on the field. If Soulfly is in a league with me though, I imagine he'd make it worth my while to trade Gordon to him.

The guy tweeting to him is trying to make it out as if there was more to it than what was said.

So, is Hoyer the #1 fantasy QB starting this week? Now that the monster RB, Tate, is gone all they have left is Gordon. Hoyer should have at least 4 TDs each game. Unless Gordon decides to throw to himself, which is a possibility.

The Cleveland Gordons are going to do way better than the Cleveland Browns ever did.

Just offered him for the following

Gordon

McCoy

Knile Davis

Dalton

for

West

Hopkins

Brees

Hill

It's a keep 2 league and the other owner can't make the playoffs. It's also salary cap and Gordon is at the league minimum until 2017. I'm making a run this year.

So, is Hoyer the #1 fantasy QB starting this week? Now that the monster RB, Tate, is gone all they have left is Gordon. Hoyer should have at least 4 TDs each game. Unless Gordon decides to throw to himself, which is a possibility.

The Cleveland Gordons are going to do way better than the Cleveland Browns ever did.
Crowell is going to be rushing for 150-450 per game as well.

I have to laugh about expert opinions and analysis. Every once in a while you'll get a good nugget of info from someone that has done their research, but a lot of these guys just look at stats and use group think instead of watching games. Today I heard a discussion about disappointing WRs e.g. Julio Jones. Not once did anyone mention how bad oline situations were making QBs rush their passes like Ryan or how RGIII was jittery in the pocket and missing D Jackson deep a few times. Unless someone mentions it, people won't get that from stats.

No one knows how Gordon will do in his first game. Most of these guys know less than you do. Go with your gut, it's your team.

Users who are viewing this thread