Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Matt Waldman

Josh Gordon Everything Thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Chaka said:

Your talking first half of the first half, right?

First drive

you know Cleveland, there'll be penalties 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scooby1974 said:

I realize we ARE talking about the Browns here...but we aren't talking about getting EVERYONE working together. We are talking about getting 1 person up to speed on what the other 70 are already doing (albeit poorly)

I'd take a free end of the bench potential SPLASH after dropping bye week fill in fodder. I clearly am not the only one. He can light up (see what I did there?) my bench (not my opponents line up) on my bye week playoff week and leave me with a tough decision to make if he'd like. 

Isn't he already in the building?  IIRC suspended players are now allowed to be at the team facilities and in meeting rooms.  I don't think he is allowed to practice but I could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chaka said:

Isn't he already in the building?  IIRC suspended players are now allowed to be at the team facilities and in meeting rooms.  I don't think he is allowed to practice but I could be wrong.

He's busy running 4.3 40's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, in2win said:

He's busy running 4.3 40's

I have no idea about the veracity of Cabbot's comment about Gordon's 40 but I am not sure why it seems weird to people that a team would make a player do drills. Particularly one returning after such a long absence.

When a team brings in players to consider signing them off the waiver wire do we think they just have a nice lunch and talk football concepts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chaka said:

I have no idea about the veracity of Cabbot's comment about Gordon's 40 but I am not sure why it seems weird to people that a team would make a player do drills. Particularly one returning after such a long absence.

When a team brings in players to consider signing them off the waiver wire do we think they just have a nice lunch and talk football concepts?

Or him proving his elite athleticism is still there.  Gordon's way of saying, I am ready and here to play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Chaka said:

Your talking first half of the first half, right?

I'm no math wizard, but I'm pretty sure a half of a half is 1/26th. :sadbanana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gordon is still just 33% owned in Yahoo and 25% in ESPN.

When is the wave of adds going to come? My guess is the week of week 13, especially in short bench leagues. In dynos he is being scooped up quicker than in redraft.

FWIW, why the two randos come to Soulflys defense? I noticed that they have the same strange word usage and capitalizing of random certain words as Soulfly does, dont they? Idk, judge for yourself. Both have also strangely came to his aid and really care about his alias? Whatever, you are right, you have no alias cluttering this thread. Moving on.

Gordon is and always will be a poloraizing player, not because of his talent but because he cant stay on the field and being reinstated and having his fan club come to rescue on these boards dont guarantee he cant keep his will power high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just flipped him for $4 FAAB so made a nice profit without even having to sweat it pretty happy with that

Traded him in another for a 3rd next year and Brett Hundley since I have Rodgers on IR.

Gonna try to move him in the other leagues too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, WheelsUp said:

FWIW, why the two randos come to Soulflys defense? I noticed that they have the same strange word usage and capitalizing of random certain words as Soulfly does, dont they? Idk, judge for yourself. Both have also strangely came to his aid and really care about his alias? Whatever, you are right, you have no alias cluttering this thread. Moving on.

Which "randos" would those be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WheelsUp said:

Gordon is still just 33% owned in Yahoo and 25% in ESPN.

When is the wave of adds going to come? My guess is the week of week 13, especially in short bench leagues. In dynos he is being scooped up quicker than in redraft.

FWIW, why the two randos come to Soulflys defense? I noticed that they have the same strange word usage and capitalizing of random certain words as Soulfly does, dont they? Idk, judge for yourself. Both have also strangely came to his aid and really care about his alias? Whatever, you are right, you have no alias cluttering this thread. Moving on.

Gordon is and always will be a poloraizing player, not because of his talent but because he cant stay on the field and being reinstated and having his fan club come to rescue on these boards dont guarantee he cant keep his will power high.

YEAH well your just a "rando" as well if you put it that way.  At the end of the day were all rando's bud. 

I do think you would make a lousy detective though.  I am not even a big fan of Gordon or the Browns for that matter.  I just think he is a talented player that messed up and I like to see talented players succeed.  I remember seeing Randy Moss just dominate CBs on the deep ball and can appreciate players along the same skill level. 

He's what 26? Guy struck out plenty of times.  Hopefully he's got his #### straight.  I have an easier time rooting for kids caught up in  alcohol or a plant that grows naturally then someone who beats women.

Edited by in2win
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chaka said:

Which "randos" would those be?

Is he talking about me? Haha...I don't spend too much time in here, but have been a member in here for a decade or so. Laid off now that I quit dynasty. That said, who in their right mind (perhaps this is where I need to get off this train) would have aliases in here, let alone multiple? Sign in, post, sign out, sign in with another name, post, respond, defend, sign out, sign back in to retort, sign out to sign in again with another....If I want to talk to myself, I'll just do it out loud and save all the signing in and signing out....NOW who's the crazy? It's barely worth having ONE ACCOUNT on these boards when it means having to deal with wackos like Wheelsup. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scooby1974 said:

Is he talking about me? Haha...I don't spend too much time in here, but have been a member in here for a decade or so. Laid off now that I quit dynasty. That said, who in their right mind (perhaps this is where I need to get off this train) would have aliases in here, let alone multiple? Sign in, post, sign out, sign in with another name, post, respond, defend, sign out, sign back in to retort, sign out to sign in again with another....If I want to talk to myself, I'll just do it out loud and save all the signing in and signing out....NOW who's the crazy? It's barely worth having ONE ACCOUNT on these boards when it means having to deal with wackos like Wheelsup. :)

Quit talking to yourself again Soulfly3, go take your meds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rushmore said:

Thread is starting to feel like a Twilight Zone episode:ph34r:

570,262 views and it's just NOW starting to feel like a Twilight Zone episode? haha

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scooby1974 said:

570,262 views and it's just NOW starting to feel like a Twilight Zone episode? haha

Leave me alone Soulfly!:scared::tinfoilhat:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

so many aliases, so little time.

You aren't kidding. At least we use the same password so we have less to remember.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait unti @WheelsUp figures out that he’s the only one in this entire forum who isn’t a @Soulfly3 alias. :ph34r:

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we are now talking about aliases in Josh Gordon thread... kind of wondering why we aren't passed the thousand pages yet?

Anyway talking about Josh, I have already received offers for Gordon and I don't know what is good, what is bad? I have no idea about the price at the moment, but it's hard to sell as you could be having a elite caliber guy you are selling too soon or a guy who is not going to play at all. This is way out of my fantasy football expertise... if I even have any...

Edited by Fireinside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:05 AM, WheelsUp said:

People of the internet confuse me.

I'm sure it's not just limited to people of the internet.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Fireinside said:

So we are now talking about aliases in Josh Gordon thread... kind of wondering why we aren't passed the thousand pages yet?

Anyway talking about Josh, I have already received offers for Gordon and I don't know what is good, what is bad? I have no idea about the price at the moment, but it's hard to sell as you could be having a elite caliber guy you are selling too soon or a guy who is not going to play at all. This is way out of my fantasy football expertise... if I even have any...

Nice. I own him in several dynasty leagues and have nobody inquiring.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Fireinside said:

So we are now talking about aliases in Josh Gordon thread... kind of wondering why we aren't passed the thousand pages yet?

Anyway talking about Josh, I have already received offers for Gordon and I don't know what is good, what is bad? I have no idea about the price at the moment, but it's hard to sell as you could be having a elite caliber guy you are selling too soon or a guy who is not going to play at all. This is way out of my fantasy football expertise... if I even have any...

I'd sell. What were you offered?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2017 at 9:49 PM, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Also I’m calling bull#### on a 4.3 40. Let’s keep it real here folks. :rolleyes: 

Well I just had to look this up.

It was in Gainesville, personal training, not at Brown's camp.

- He's always had everything in the toolkit. But people should realize that Campbell and Weeden (yes) did better with Gordon in 2013 than McCown did in 2014. Let's just say Gordon wasn't on his routes. - I honestly thought Kizer had a nice deep ball in preseason but in RS he has seemed to miss a lot. 

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

People know not to offer me anything for Gordon, cuz I wont take it. 

It is funny in one league I bought Gordon for a 3rd back in when there were rumors about reinstatement back at the beginning of the season. When it was announced he would be reinstated a couple weeks ago that same owner offered me the 3rd round pick back for him. I :lmao:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

Gordon to have more yards than I have aliases in his first game back.

Essentially, 200yds/2tds

 

On 12/8/2014 at 7:37 AM, Soulfly3 said:

I hereby solemnly vow the following for Week 15:

I, Soul Caleb Fly III, hereby vow that if Josh Gordon does not end his week 15 game with at least 100yds and a TD (if, and only if Johnny Manziel starts), I will never post again in this thread.

I will leave behind a near half year of memories, and bury them with my heart. You have my word.

Signed,

Soul Caleb Fly III

December 8, 2014.

#NeverForget

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

It is funny in one league I bought Gordon for a 3rd back in when there were rumors about reinstatement back at the beginning of the season. When it was announced he would be reinstated a couple weeks ago that same owner offered me the 3rd round pick back for him. I :lmao:

He/she is doing you a favor.  I'd take it before he fires up a bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soulfly3 said:

^^^ Look at this guy, thinking I can keep all my aliases and promises in order...

Kind of like Gordon keeping his NFL probation terms and receiving routes in order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

^^^ Look at this guy, thinking I can keep all my aliases and promises in order...

#NeverForget

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

@Soulfly3 Just moved Mixon and Gordon for Bell. Am I gonna regret this? :)

I'm regretting not being in your league

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

I'm regretting not being in your league

I'll bet. Was shocked. Threw out Mixon, Gio Cobb lowballl and he countered with Mixon/Gordon. He's tied for division lead with me. You just never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14.11.2017 at 8:45 PM, Magic_Man said:

I'd sell. What were you offered?

Laquan Treadwell, didn't bite as don't like him at the moment. Second year and not a single "wow"-play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fireinside said:

Laquan Treadwell, didn't bite as don't like him at the moment. Second year and not a single "wow"-play.

He had a nice one handed catch earlier in the year. However certainly not enough to meet expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

Oh good...just Soulfly3 yammering...thought he got busted again.

Can we make an specific topic for soulfly3 so this topic could be about Gordon. Unless soulfly3 is Gordons alias?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was cruising along headed for a playoff spot.  Added this guy to my roster and proceeded to put up an 0-7 week.  Was 43-20, now 43-27 and sitting in the last playoff spot.  At least 10 of those wins came from the waiver wire and my least bench spot.  I knew adding this guy was a horrible idea.  His bad karma is sucking my whole team down the crapper.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2017 at 1:59 PM, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Well I just had to look this up.

It was in Gainesville, personal training, not at Brown's camp.

 

:goodposting:

Not sure why people keep saying he ran this in Berea for the Browns.  Well, I know why, a vicious combination of the innerwebs and the fun game we call telephone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

he ran a 4.35 with only 2 legs...

wait til his third one comes into play

If fully legit (questionable) would have been the third fastest (out of 50+) for a WR at this past combine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.