What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arrow - the series (1 Viewer)

bushdocda

Footballguy
I saw the pilot last week bc my wife is a comic nerd and had this literally on our calendar. Well the episode was good enough for me to legitimately want to watch the next one tonight.

So how's that for some high praise.

It's on the CW so ask your kids what channel # that is.

I liked it. The premier was practically an homage to Batman Begins but still it was a good watch. It makes an interesting lead in for Supernatural which is one of my favorite shows.

Pilot was good enough for me to come back. The lead actor is pretty stiff.

How long until there's some type of storyline where the sister survived?

'The Dude said:
Pilot was good enough for me to come back. The lead actor is pretty stiff.How long until there's some type of storyline where the sister survived?
I enjoyed the pilot and will watch the next one.But there's clearly no doubt that the sister survived. I thought the Dad was still going to be alive too - until he shot himself in the head. But maybe they will turn that around somehow also.

The one thing I don't get is how people don't recognize him. What - because he has a hood on and puts on green eyeliner? You can still see his face.

But I guess that's just part of what you have to accept with superhero shows/movies. I mean - Superman's big disguise was a pair of glasses.

So the friend - he knows eh?

The one thing I don't get is how people don't recognize him. What - because he has a hood on and puts on green eyeliner? You can still see his face.But I guess that's just part of what you have to accept with superhero shows/movies. I mean - Superman's big disguise was a pair of glasses.So the friend - he knows eh?
I was thinking the same thing about the costume. Not sure how anyone who had ever net him more than once wouldn't recognize him. But like you say it worked for Superman. And it sure seems like the friend has a good idea.

So how does he get deserted on an island for 5 years and come back a marksman/hand-to-hand combatist/acrobat that would make a Seal Team 6er jealous?

So how does he get deserted on an island for 5 years and come back a marksman/hand-to-hand combatist/acrobat that would make a Seal Team 6er jealous?
Well they are hinting that there was something dangerous going on there. I am assuming we'll get more of that back story as we go forward. I am sure the story about the bow should be interesting. He apparently picked that up on the island.

they never say the island is deserted, just that he's the only survivor from the boat.Deathstroke's mask was on the beach.....

they never say the island is deserted, just that he's the only survivor from the boat.Deathstroke's mask was on the beach.....
Missed that and that could explain a lot as well as make for an interesting show.

Arrow Hits Mark, Scores Full Season From CW

http://tvline.com/2012/10/22/arrow-full-season-the-cw/

Bullseye!

The CW has picked up Arrow for a full, 22-episode season, TVLine has learned.

The series was an out-of-the-gate smash, scoring 4.02 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating — the network’s most watched episode of anything in three years and its highest rated drama bow since Nikita in 2010.

Even more impressive, the show maintained its premiere demo rating in Week 2 and only dipped by 15 percent in total viewers (to 3.5 million).

No word yet on the fate of fellow CW rookies Beauty and the Beast and Emily Owens, M.D.

Arrow Hits Mark, Scores Full Season From CWhttp://tvline.com/2012/10/22/arrow-full-season-the-cw/Bullseye! The CW has picked up Arrow for a full, 22-episode season, TVLine has learned.The series was an out-of-the-gate smash, scoring 4.02 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating — the network’s most watched episode of anything in three years and its highest rated drama bow since Nikita in 2010. Even more impressive, the show maintained its premiere demo rating in Week 2 and only dipped by 15 percent in total viewers (to 3.5 million). No word yet on the fate of fellow CW rookies Beauty and the Beast and Emily Owens, M.D.
Glad to hear I won't be wasting my time on a 6 episode and dies series. I will be surprised if Beauty makes it even on CW. The Emily Owens thing just looks like a medical rehash of Ally McBeal.

Digging the show. Hate the hood as part of the costume, but oh well. I like the fact that this cat will put an arrow in anyone who gets in his way. How many people has he killed through 2 episodes already? Gotta be 10+. I also like the fact that they show him working out and practicing to maintain his skills.

Nearly at the end of the season now. This show is awesome. It's batman, with a bow, if he killed people. With hotter chicks, and more people in on his secret.

Nearly at the end of the season now. This show is awesome. It's batman, with a bow, if he killed people. With hotter chicks, and more people in on his secret.
I enjoy it, but a big issue I have is that he has no problem killing the poor working thug just trying to collect a paycheck but gives the evil rich guys a second chance. <_<

Kiss of death.

http://www.bubblews.com/news/789729-039firefly039-star-summer-glau-joins-the-cw039s-039arrow039

The second season of the superhero television drama "Arrow" has begun filming and the show is adding a new character that fans will actually get to see. Billionaire turned vigilante Oliver Queen is used to encountering villains that try to hurt Starling City and it's people and every once in awhile he doesn't know the identity of these people. In season two it seems he will also be facing a new threat in his business life.

"Firefly" actress Summer Glau is joining the cast as Isabel Rochev, a major character who also appears in the comics. She will work for Stellmoor International and try to buy out Queen Consolidated. Her first appearance will be in the season two premiere episode and will probably be butting heads with Oliver. She believes herself to be the rightful heir to Queen Consolidated and will try to bring the company back to its prime after Walter and Moira's issues the past season.

Kiss of death.

http://www.bubblews.com/news/789729-039firefly039-star-summer-glau-joins-the-cw039s-039arrow039

The second season of the superhero television drama "Arrow" has begun filming and the show is adding a new character that fans will actually get to see. Billionaire turned vigilante Oliver Queen is used to encountering villains that try to hurt Starling City and it's people and every once in awhile he doesn't know the identity of these people. In season two it seems he will also be facing a new threat in his business life.

"Firefly" actress Summer Glau is joining the cast as Isabel Rochev, a major character who also appears in the comics. She will work for Stellmoor International and try to buy out Queen Consolidated. Her first appearance will be in the season two premiere episode and will probably be butting heads with Oliver. She believes herself to be the rightful heir to Queen Consolidated and will try to bring the company back to its prime after Walter and Moira's issues the past season.
Why do you say Kiss of Death?

I quit Arrow, but for Summer Glau, I will likely come back.

Kiss of death.

Because the TV shows that she seems to be in not as a guest, get canceled quickly.

Kiss of death.

Because the TV shows that she seems to be in not as a guest, get canceled quickly.
Oh. I didn't know that.

But - she's really hot.

Kiss of death.

Oh. I didn't know that.

But - she's really hot.
No argument here.

Bought the first season from the itunes store. Meh. Way too many episodes in season 1. The story lines got to be a total joke after the first 6-7...... it was all just very soap operaish and not in a good way. It still managed to be better then 80% of the crap on TV though....

I hope she is better than she was in Spartacus...

http://tvline.com/2013/09/04/arrow-cynthia-addai-robinson-amanda-waller-season-2/

Arrow has found yet another foe for Oliver Queen.

Spartacus vet Cynthia Addai-Robinson has landed the pivotal role of DC Comics baddie Amanda Waller, TVGuide.com reports.

In Arrow‘s iteration, Waller is employed by A.R.G.U.S., a clandestine agency that has a mysterious agenda and possesses key information about the Arrow.

Addai-Robinson — who plays a character previously brought to life by the likes of Angela Bassett, CCH Pounder and Pam Grier — will arrive on the scene in Episode 6, not long after the Episode 2 introduction of fellow Suicide Squad member Bronze Tiger (Spawn’s Michael Jai White).

Fun fact: On Spartacus, Addai-Robinson played the love interest of Arrow regular Manu Bennett’s character, Crixus. Any on-camera reunion would be unlikely, though, since Slade Wilson thus far has been confined to island flashbacks.

Arrow launches its second season on Wednesday, Oct. 9 at 8/7c.

1st Season available on Netflix now. I'm about 14 episodes in and am pleasantly surprised by how much I'm enjoying it. I held off watching after the grind of the last 3 or 4 seasons of Smallville but they really have done a good job from what I've seen so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate waiting between episodes so I usually wait a season or two to start watching a show. Just got caught up on Arrow a couple of nights ago - I'm quite enjoying it. A bit soap opera-ish at times, but that's TV. You can't have a season-long drama without elements of soap (and comics are basically soap operas in flashy costumes anyway).

Have this in the Netflix queue but haven't watched any episodes yet. Sounds like it's worthwhile.
Not that everyone will love it, but for what it's worth... few people are as critical of DC Comics-based movies and TV as I am (it comes from a place of love, I've been a fan for almost 30 years), but I really like this take on Green Arrow. I really didn't think I would. Everything I read about it seemed off, but it works.

Users who are viewing this thread