What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (1 Viewer)

NewlyRetired

Footballguy
The reviews have been fantastic:

RT: 95% for Critics, 97% for Audience
IMDB: 9.1

We went to see it yesterday. I don't say this much any more but this is a movie for the big screen. Just so much stuff going on, you have to keep your head on a swivel to not miss anything.

We all liked the movie, to varying high degrees. My daughter gave it one of her only 10's I can remember. Wife gave it a 9.5. I was a little lower at an 8.5 just because I thought it took the movie a tiny bit too long to get to the main plot (which is excellent once it kicks in).

We all felt like we needed to watch black and white tv for a couple of hours just to let our eyes rest when it was over :)

Highly recommended, especially if you enjoyed the first one.

I went with my daughter having not seen the first one. Needless to say I was pretty confused but it was entertaining enough. Animation was very good, story was bleh.

Loved it. Though I obviously hadn’t paid enough attention to the planning of the series well enough because the ending caught me completely off guard.

I went with my daughter having not seen the first one. Needless to say I was pretty confused but it was entertaining enough. Animation was very good, story was bleh.

yeah, that was not the type of movie to just jump into cold. They tried to summarize the previous movie but that was almost impossible.

I think you may have enjoyed the story more if you understood the back ground. You basically starting reading a book by skipping the first 1/3 of the book.

Loved it. Though I obviously hadn’t paid enough attention to the planning of the series well enough because the ending caught me completely off guard.
I stayed away from any spoilers so I did not know what was coming either. Very fun ending IMO. Hopefully all the characters they teased will be back in the finale with the original voices (Nick Cage etc)

It is fun for me that this Spiderverse is an excellent example of how to do Multiverse stories well, and the only MCU movie that nailed a good multiverse story for me was also Spiderman :)

Only if you didn't watch the first one. It's like wondering why Sam and Frodo want to get to Mt Doom with no background.

I gotta say…I didn’t love it. Certainly loved the first one. This was just way way way too long, took forever to get going and yet another butterfly effect story. They certainly do multiverse better than any other set of movies but it’s just so blah to me now.

Animation was amazing, especially in Gwen’s world but this was like a C+ for me. First one was an A.

I stayed away from any spoilers so I did not know what was coming either. Very fun ending IMO. Hopefully all the characters they teased will be back in the finale with the original voices (Nick Cage etc)
Same. As my son and I were walking into the theater i commented that this is the first time I’ve gone to a Marvel movie without any idea what it’s about or will happen.
I throughly enjoyed it. There are holes which may bother me more on rewatch, but overall It’s a very good movie. Below the first for sure.
I kept waiting for Spider-Ham to jump into the action.
Were all these Spider-Men created before? At least the ones mentioned or more than background?

I gotta say…I didn’t love it. Certainly loved the first one. This was just way way way too long, took forever to get going and yet another butterfly effect story. They certainly do multiverse better than any other set of movies but it’s just so blah to me now.

Animation was amazing, especially in Gwen’s world but this was like a C+ for me. First one was an A.
Exactly how my son and I felt when we watched it over the weekend. Felt like a 90min story that was stretched to 165 mins. Felt like they tried to get too cute with the sequel and went too heavy on some of the animation aspects. So many characters appeared very pixelated, as if they were in the comic book. I'm sure that's what they were going for, but at this point it felt forced. Just wasn't as into this one as I was the first one. Really enjoyed the first one, but this one was just not as good.

Watched it with my 14 year old Marvel buddy and we both enjoyed it. I didn't really read any spoilers ahead of time other than right before I saw it was going to be a part 1 and have a to be continued ending which I guessed annoyed some of the early viewers. I told my daughter ahead of time so she wouldn't be surprised. Sure enough right when it ended l a teenage boy in the theater very loudly said "that's a bunch of ********!" 😄

Last edited:
Watched it with my 14 year old Marvel buddy and we both enjoyed it. I didn't really read any spoilers ahead of time other than right before I saw it was going to be a part 1 and have a to be continued ending which I guessed annoyed some of the early viewers. I told my daughter ahead of time so she wouldn't be surprised. Sure enough right when it ended very loudly a teenage boy in the theater very loudly said "that's a bunch of ********!" 😄
Neither my son nor I knew about the continuation....so we were in the same boat as that kid when the movie ended. I didn't even stay for the credits. Just left while my son watched them. Although he said I didn't miss anything.

Watched it with my 14 year old Marvel buddy and we both enjoyed it. I didn't really read any spoilers ahead of time other than right before I saw it was going to be a part 1 and have a to be continued ending which I guessed annoyed some of the early viewers. I told my daughter ahead of time so she wouldn't be surprised. Sure enough right when it ended very loudly a teenage boy in the theater very loudly said "that's a bunch of ********!" 😄
People clapped in the theater I was in. Literally, clapped. The people who made this aren’t here to bask in your applause. Dopes.

Anyway. It felt way too long for an animated movie. Very cool visually and conceptually though.

People clapped in the theater I was in. Literally, clapped. The people who made this aren’t here to bask in your applause. Dopes.

Anyway. It felt way too long for an animated movie. Very cool visually and conceptually though.
Wow Bet your lawn is way too crowded.

My lawn is incredible. I won’t even let my kids on it.

Are you a theater applaud-er? I didn’t mean to offend. I just find that silly. The intent of applause is for the person or people you’re applauding for to hear it.

Are you a theater applaud-er? I didn’t mean to offend. I just find that silly. The intent of applause is for the person or people you’re applauding for to hear it.
Fwiw we didn’t applaud but at least a few “yeah Buddy!”’s were heard.

It’s just meant to show satisfaction with the movie. I don’t think anybody actually expects Spider-Man to come out and say thank you.

I have been to many movies over the years where people have applauded loudly either during the movie or at the end.

The loudest I ever heard (it was like a big moment at a sporting event) was when Captain summoned Mjollnir, the place exploded. It was very cool and will be a long time memory for my family.

It’s just meant to show satisfaction with the movie. I don’t think anybody actually expects Spider-Man to come out and say thank you.
The why is not lost on me. I just think it's dumb. Do you applaud at home when a movie you liked/loved ends? No. Of course not. Why would you in a theater? It's not a live performance of the movie.

Went to see it with the family Weds night when I realized it was about to leave the Imax theater (for Transformers 7 or whatever).
I thought it was awesome. Visuals, music, story, etc. Would go again but it's out of Imax now, looking forward to second watch though but just won't be same experience.

Just saw Godfather II, having not seen the first one. Needless to say I was pretty confused but it was entertaining enough. DeNiro was very good, story was bleh.

The why is not lost on me. I just think it's dumb. Do you applaud at home when a movie you liked/loved ends? No. Of course not. Why would you in a theater? It's not a live performance of the movie.
It's just a fun crowd experience you old curmudgeon. Did you ask to speak to the theater manager? :wink:

Why would I clap alone in my house? You are expressing satisfaction with a shared crowd.

My 18 year old and I went. We both enjoyed it, but agree with others it took a bit long to get to the crux of the movie and that the cliff hanger was maddening.

Patting self on back: During the previews, right after the preview for The Marvels ended, I said in a pretty loud voice "I want a movie of just the cat"! Most of the theater cheered. My ego cup runnith over.

Finally saw it. Great animation. Mostly great story. Most of the main characters are good. Didn't like the cliffhanger. When we were getting to the spider chase I kept thinking "this movie only has 30 mins left, how are they wrapping this up." Turns out they aren't.

I knew it was a 2 parter going in, and that definitely impacts how you view it IMO. I loved the first one, A+. Visuals on this one were great and loved what they did with a lot of these characters. My super comic nerd son was telling me the background on ALL of these different Spider People (sometimes Animals). Pacing of the story I think could have been better. Seemed slow sometimes then hurry up and wait. Really liked it though, would give it an A- in comparison to the first one but better than most theater showings.

Users who are viewing this thread