What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: NON-Draft eligible College prospects (2 Viewers)

There's surprisingly little out there in the way of devy discussion/rankings/etc. At least not enough to give a well-rounded group of different sources. Its a format that lends itself to non-standard rankings and even more disagreement on prospects than usual, but still.
I can't speak for anyone else, but at this point I'm not too interested in non-devy leagues. There's just so much more flexibility and challenge. Plus you get two important offseason drafts every season compared with just one. The downside is that you have to keep up on a lot more players. There are times when I find myself watching cut-ups of some scrub at 1 AM wondering what I'm doing with my life. Haha.
Yes, exacty. I find myself following the same trajectory as when I transitioned from re-draft to dynasty--it's not as interesting, the stakes aren't as high. I've found a new challenge, and I want to pursue that more.

It's not that I don't want to discuss or read about normal dynasty topics or players anymore, I do. So in that regard it's different from my re-draft transition, where I abandoned the format in favor of dynasty completely. But I feel I have "figured out" normal dynasty leagues, and it's no longer about learning but about executing, and keeping up on newer player values--it's about maintaining a knowledge base, not building one, which is far more exciting.

So I find myself craving knowledge about the unknown and new, that being devy discussion, rankings, articles, and prospect debate, and it's difficult to find. So I'm always excited when this thread is bumped.

I bet devy leagues explode in popularity in a couple years, once the normal dynasty market starts to become saturated and a little stale for experienced owners who don't want to mingle with less hard-core owners.
I also echo this completely. 1st time devy league but this is also the first year (as of now) that I don't have that itch to join a new startup in order to have that fix of a something challenging. This is mostly due to now having college scouting to occupy my time and ongoing talks among active owners about player values between devys, picks and current players, etc. Very interesting and challenging. I think the next step for me would be a devy IDP league but I'm not ready for that yet.

I went back and watched some more clips of both Diggs and Strong, trying to put a finger on my bias(es).

Diggs is going to look much better on tape. The tape is very impressive, as is he. Pound for pound, he's one of the more athletic players in the country. I don't want to take anything away from that, despite my questioning his upside. He's listed at 6/195. The height feels accurate, but I do question the weight. He doesn't look as big as Lee to me, who is also listed at 6/195, for example. Above and beyond his current weight, I question his ability to add functional muscle to his frame. He's a very skinny guy and that's not going to change.

Looking at production, draft pedigree, and dynasty rankings, it's clear that Diggs falls outside of a traditional WR1 build. If the NFL decides he's top 20-40 prospect despite that, I'll likely come around very quickly. But I feel much more comfortable letting them make that call. In devy drafts, where I don't have that luxury, I'm more likely to pass on guys who fall outside of traditional molds.

As for Strong, I've read a few people say that he doesn't stand out to them. I can see that, honestly. He doesn't have blazing speed, and hasn't dominated 50/50 balls (See: Evans, Mike) yet (partially due to the offense). But he fits the mold, at 6'3-6'4/205-210 (frame to add), is very fluid, has plenty of speed, and has been extremely productive in his first season at this level. There's still potential there, and I expect it to show next season, in his production and footage. It's also build into my devy draft grade. Today, I think Strong is a late 2nd - late 3rd round prospect (Diggs: Early 2nd-early 3rd), but I don't expect that to be the case this time next year. I expect more polish; better routes, and, perhaps more importantly, better use of his body to take advantage of his long frame and jumping ability. On top of that, I expect him to be coming off back-to-back 75+/1100+/7+ seasons, which will be an appealing resume.

The frame/speed ratio, the fluid body control and movement, and the production make Strong appealing to me. The lack of prototypical frame scares me from Diggs.

Last edited by a moderator:
LSU Tigers land top WR prospect Malachi Dupre

By Chase Goodbread

College Football 24/7 writer

The heart of the LSU offense will be ripped out this offseason with a quarterback (Zach Mettenberger), two wide receivers (Jarvis Landry, Odell Beckham) and a star running back (Jeremy Hill) all moving on -- three of them early -- for an NFL career.

But reinforcements arrived in a big way on Wednesday as the Tigers landed arguably the nation's No. 1 wide receiver recruit -- Malachi Dupre -- to go with the No. 1 running back recruit, Leonard Fournette, on national signing day. Dupre (6-foot-4, 175 pounds) won't have to travel far. He played high school ball at state power River Ridge (La.) John Curtis, barely more than an hour from LSU's Baton Rouge campus, and chose the Tigers over Alabama, Florida State, Ole Miss and a host of others.

And with LSU losing so much skill-position talent to the draft, the door for both Dupre and Fournette to make a quick impact in the SEC couldn't be more wide open.

The news certainly sounds like music to LSU quarterback Anthony Jennings, the heir apparent to Mettenberger who led the Tigers to an Outback Bowl win over Iowa, but has little in the way of returning offensive experience around him for next season.

Dupre ranks as the nation's No. 1 wide receiver according to the ESPN 300, while he ranks No. 2 by both rivals.com and 247sports.com.

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread.

There's surprisingly little out there in the way of devy discussion/rankings/etc. At least not enough to give a well-rounded group of different sources. Its a format that lends itself to non-standard rankings and even more disagreement on prospects than usual, but still.
I can't speak for anyone else, but at this point I'm not too interested in non-devy leagues. There's just so much more flexibility and challenge. Plus you get two important offseason drafts every season compared with just one. The downside is that you have to keep up on a lot more players. There are times when I find myself watching cut-ups of some scrub at 1 AM wondering what I'm doing with my life. Haha.
Yes, exacty. I find myself following the same trajectory as when I transitioned from re-draft to dynasty--it's not as interesting, the stakes aren't as high. I've found a new challenge, and I want to pursue that more.It's not that I don't want to discuss or read about normal dynasty topics or players anymore, I do. So in that regard it's different from my re-draft transition, where I abandoned the format in favor of dynasty completely. But I feel I have "figured out" normal dynasty leagues, and it's no longer about learning but about executing, and keeping up on newer player values--it's about maintaining a knowledge base, not building one, which is far more exciting.

So I find myself craving knowledge about the unknown and new, that being devy discussion, rankings, articles, and prospect debate, and it's difficult to find. So I'm always excited when this thread is bumped.

I bet devy leagues explode in popularity in a couple years, once the normal dynasty market starts to become saturated and a little stale for experienced owners who don't want to mingle with less hard-core owners.
I also echo this completely. 1st time devy league but this is also the first year (as of now) that I don't have that itch to join a new startup in order to have that fix of a something challenging. This is mostly due to now having college scouting to occupy my time and ongoing talks among active owners about player values between devys, picks and current players, etc. Very interesting and challenging. I think the next step for me would be a devy IDP league but I'm not ready for that yet.
Yeah, I'm only in the one as well but I'm also finding myself lacking that usual start-up itch because of all the (fun) extra homework associated with the devy league. Its a learning experience, and it makes you want to really do it right. I sometimes wonder if it's making me pay less attention to my other established leagues. It's hard not to give our devy league more attention.

I went back and watched some more clips of both Diggs and Strong, trying to put a finger on my bias(es).

Diggs is going to look much better on tape. The tape is very impressive, as is he. Pound for pound, he's one of the more athletic players in the country. I don't want to take anything away from that, despite my questioning his upside. He's listed at 6/195. The height feels accurate, but I do question the weight. He doesn't look as big as Lee to me, who is also listed at 6/195, for example. Above and beyond his current weight, I question his ability to add functional muscle to his frame. He's a very skinny guy and that's not going to change.

Looking at production, draft pedigree, and dynasty rankings, it's clear that Diggs falls outside of a traditional WR1 build. If the NFL decides he's top 20-40 prospect despite that, I'll likely come around very quickly. But I feel much more comfortable letting them make that call. In devy drafts, where I don't have that luxury, I'm more likely to pass on guys who fall outside of traditional molds.

As for Strong, I've read a few people say that he doesn't stand out to them. I can see that, honestly. He doesn't have blazing speed, and hasn't dominated 50/50 balls (See: Evans, Mike) yet (partially due to the offense). But he fits the mold, at 6'3-6'4/205-210 (frame to add), is very fluid, has plenty of speed, and has been extremely productive in his first season at this level. There's still potential there, and I expect it to show next season, in his production and footage. It's also build into my devy draft grade. Today, I think Strong is a late 2nd - late 3rd round prospect (Diggs: Early 2nd-early 3rd), but I don't expect that to be the case this time next year. I expect more polish; better routes, and, perhaps more importantly, better use of his body to take advantage of his long frame and jumping ability. On top of that, I expect him to be coming off back-to-back 75+/1100+/7+ seasons, which will be an appealing resume.

The frame/speed ratio, the fluid body control and movement, and the production make Strong appealing to me. The lack of prototypical frame scares me from Diggs.
Thanks for your in-depth take, it's very helpful in figuring out where we see things differently with these guys. Interesting stuff, and I'll have to give Strong another long look and reevaluate.

Next year is a weaker WR group than this year, and I think Cooper and Diggs (and if you're right, your guy Strong) duke it out for the top couple WR selections--putting them anywhere from mid-1st to mid-2nd. Neither have ideal measurements from a H/W standpoint, but I'm not high on DGB or Strong as of right now so I don't see many guys with the ideal WR1 body types being in a realistic position to push them down the board. But we'll see, a lot can and will change in a year.

In a similarly weak-looking WR class, Tavon Austin was the 1st WR drafted, and in the top-10. Now, I think 2015 will be a better draft and a non-ideal WR prospect probably won't push for top-10 consideration, but even still I see Diggs as a bigger, more physical version of Austin with much better receiving skills out of the gate. So the possibility is there.

Rotoworld:

Five-star athlete Bo Scarbrough will play running back at Alabama, coach Nick Saban announced.

Scarbrough (6-foot-2, 234 pounds) is the No. 12 ranked player in the 2014 class. "We think Bo is a multi-talented guy but we look at him as a running back first," Saban said. "He has really a diverse skill level for a big guy, he's a physical guy. He has really good running ability but he also has great receiving skills. He's actually played as much wide receiver as he has running back." Scarbrough is officially Alabama's eighth running back. "I don't care how many guys there are," he said. "It's all about competition."

Source: AL.com

Just took my first stab at doing a video cut-up. I'll do an updated version as soon as I buy the license....the ad shows at times during the video. I'm going to do a few more before I purchase it to see if I can get faster and improve my editing. The first player I did was WR Antwan Goodley of Baylor.

Antwan Goodley vs Iowa State (2013)

Just took my first stab at doing a video cut-up. I'll do an updated version as soon as I buy the license....the ad shows at times during the video. I'm going to do a few more before I purchase it to see if I can get faster and improve my editing. The first player I did was WR Antwan Goodley of Baylor.

Antwan Goodley vs Iowa State (2013)
Good deal. Always good to have more cut-ups. I look forward to seeing more, I like that you kept the commentary in place also. Placing my request for Sammie Coates, I can't find much of anything on him.

Thought I'd share my devy draft board, as the draft is now over.

14 Tm - QRRWWWTF - PPR: 0.75/1/1.25 - 1 Man Devy Taxi Spot

Gurley, Yeldon, DGB, Gordon, Diggs, Duke, Tyner, Cooper, and Gray rostered.

Q: Mariota, Winston

R: Mike Davis, Jay Ajayi, Alex Collins, Derrick Henry, Shock Linwood, Keith Marshall, Karlos Williams, Kelvin Taylor

W: Laquon Treadwell, DeVante Parker, Jaelen Strong

Overall:

Davis

Ajayi

Collins

Henry - Size is a concern, but he's flashed plenty of burst despite that.

Treadwell - As a 2016 elig WR - it says a lot that I ranked him this high. Reminds me of a young Dez.

Linwood - The sample size is very small, but he checks all the boxes. His production will demand attention as the main ball carrier.

Marshall - Best size/speed ratio in the NCAA. The upside is fantastic. Injury concerns and currently behind Gurley.

Williams - Needed to see more to rank him any higher than this. Something slightly awkward about his stride.

Parker - Made a late push up my board and is a favorite of mine, looking ahead to next years class.

Strong - Upside, production and frame are there. Still raw, but I expect progress.

Taylor - He reminds me of Arian Foster and he's going to make a lot of noise this year.

Mariota - I like Winston as much as Mariota and it was really a toss up. I would have likely taken Mariota based on the rushing production, however.

Winston

The players are ranked based on value to my team, rather than as blanket prospects. A player eligible next season is more valuable to me than a player eligible two years from now, assuming all else is equal, for example. I also shifted value towards RBs, as my league drafts very RB heavy in the devy draft. No incoming freshman were considered; I deemed it a poor investment, given the carry cost and bust rate.

I'm wondering if Seastrunk will look at this weak RB class and decide to try his luck despite his lack of experience.I think he would have a chance of being the first RB drafted in April. And those former 5 star prospects usually have inflated egos, meaning he's probably eager to jump to the next level.
I don't get your love for this kid. Yes he was a big time prospect, but he hasn't shown anything close to being even a day 3 pick this season.
LOL. How about averaging 138.6 rushing yards per game at 8.05 YPC since becoming the starter?
5 games = 1st round pick for you :rolleyes: 1) He plays in a super spread offense(Outside WRs are literally 4 yards from the sideline).

2) He plays against the big 12 horrible defenses:

(rushing yards per game)(rushing yards per attempt)

Kansas State (17th)(25th)

Ok State (42nd)(44th)

Texas Tech(84th)(81st)

Oklahoma (86th)(98th)

Kansas (91st)(112)
If you want to say he's overrated, fine.But saying he "hasn't shown anything close to being even a day 3 pick this season" is just mind-numbingly stupid.

He was rated as a five star prospect out of high school and has been dominant since getting a chance for Baylor. He's probably leading the country in rushing over the last five games and has been a huge factor in saving Baylor's season. They're 4-1 since he took over.

He has made some massive plays like this one and this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZUWEcP71Ag

Just keeping tabs for captain pretenious

Thomas Tyner up to 220 pounds on the first day of Oregon spring ball:

http://oregon.scout.com/2/1390041.html

EUGENE - It seemed pretty obvious during Oregon's first post-practice precession of the spring ball: These Ducks are bigger.

Official spring weights show weight gains across the board, including major increases in the trenches.

Even quarterback Marcus Mariota has upped the weight, saying he weighs 218, even three pounds above the spring roster.

Sophomore running back Thomas Tyner says he's up to 220 pounds, and squatting 500.

"I set new goals in the weight room and I achieved some of them. I definitely improved strength-wise," he said following the Tuesday's first practice."I was surprised at what I could do. I exceeded my goals. So I'm definitely happy.

"My legs are a lot stronger. Everything is a lot stronger."

Tyner attributed to the improved physique to winter workouts, but wasn't sure if his current weight would be what he played at.

"It's kind of hard at 220 in this offense," he said.

He was pretty good as a freshman, but if he improves as much from year one to year two as Byron Marshall did then he could put up some crazy numbers in that friendly Oreon offense.

Also saw a random article about a high school junior RB who broke all the Louisiana power lifting records in his weight class. He's only 5'6" 198, but he squatted 660 pounds and benched 420. Josh Bickham is his name. Is he a pocket Trent Richardson or just some kid who will disappear into obscurity? Hard to say, but that's superhuman strength.

Texas A&M news

Speedy Noil continues to impress...I'm smitten

Looks like 5 star true freshman Kyle Allen will be the starter after redshirt freshman Kenny Hill passes out drunk in a flower bed.

Ricky Seals Jones looking gooddddd.

Also saw a random article about a high school junior RB who broke all the Louisiana power lifting records in his weight class. He's only 5'6" 198, but he squatted 660 pounds and benched 420. Josh Bickham is his name. Is he a pocket Trent Richardson or just some kid who will disappear into obscurity? Hard to say, but that's superhuman strength.
I want to know what he can squat without straps.

Looks like he could be an MJD-type.

Washington sophomore WR Damore'ea Stringfellow facing two counts of misdemeanor assault:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlesports/2014/04/01/washington-huskies-damoreea-stringfellow-to-face-assault-charges-should-cyler-miles-be-reinstated/

Stringfellow has been identified as the suspect who allegedly grabbed a woman and damaged her camera near the UW campus on Feb. 2, the Times’ Adam Jude reported, shortly after the Seattle Seahawks’ victory over the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII.

Stringfellow was also the main suspect in a second incident that night, when two men jumped out of their vehicle and repeatedly punched a man after asking him if he was a Seahawks fan.

Both Stringfellow and Miles were suspended indefinitely by new head football coach Chris Petersen shortly thereafter.

Rotoworld:

Five-star athlete Bo Scarbrough will play running back at Alabama, coach Nick Saban announced.

Scarbrough (6-foot-2, 234 pounds) is the No. 12 ranked player in the 2014 class. "We think Bo is a multi-talented guy but we look at him as a running back first," Saban said. "He has really a diverse skill level for a big guy, he's a physical guy. He has really good running ability but he also has great receiving skills. He's actually played as much wide receiver as he has running back." Scarbrough is officially Alabama's eighth running back. "I don't care how many guys there are," he said. "It's all about competition."

Was watching a bit of this guy today. I think he looks more like a WR than a RB. If he plays RB for Bama, I could see him having some success. I don't know that he'd be an elite pro prospect though. As a WR, he could end up being something like Demaryius Thomas. That's definitely where I'd put him.

Only ran a 4.59 and jumped 31" in the vert in his testing, but he's so young that it doesn't really have to mean much yet.

Rotoworld:

Was watching a bit of this guy today. I think he looks more like a WR than a RB. If he plays RB for Bama, I could see him having some success. I don't know that he'd be an elite pro prospect though. As a WR, he could end up being something like Demaryius Thomas. That's definitely where I'd put him.

Only ran a 4.59 and jumped 31" in the vert in his testing, but he's so young that it doesn't really have to mean much yet.
Just because he has great WR skills doesn't mean he should play there. He's got very good power/strength and can run inside. I think he could probably also play Safety or LB and be very good there as well.

I've always felt that players should focus on the position where they're the most natural fit.

Evan Moore played WR at Stanford, but it was obvious that he was really a TE. If he hadn't waited to make the inevitable position switch until after college, he might not have gone undrafted. As a slow 6'6" WR, he wasn't an intriguing proposition. As an athletic 6'6" TE, he could've been a top 100 draft pick.

Scarbrough just looks like a more natural fit at WR to me based on his body type and how he runs. So while maybe he could make a solid college RB, I don't think it's the best use of his time. It will be interesting to see what happens to him at Bama. They have a bit of a logjam at RB whereas their WR group has some turnover imminent with White and Cooper set to depart. The kid Cameron Sims that they signed looks promising, but still it seems like there will be more opportunity at WR than RB in the next year or two. Would not be surprised to see him shifted into that position eventually.

Yea, maybe they think that. Maybe they're wrong. They haven't seen him up close in practice yet. Players change positions pretty frequently in college.

Beyond that, college coaches are looking out for their own interests more than they're trying to prepare guys for the NFL. Stanford played Evan Moore at WR because back then they had absolutely zero talent and thus, even though he was a much more natural fit at TE, he wound up playing WR. The same thing is happening with Devon Cajuste right now. He is a passable college WR. If he's going to have a career on Sundays, it will likely be at TE.

Bama could be wrong and they could move him, again. To me it's kind of telling that they would put him in at RB when they have such a stacked backfield already, though. College coaches want to win. They will put players in the positions that help them do that above all else. For a guy like Bo, who is such a great athlete and versatile, I think it's a strong indication of their opinion of him. Personally I thought he would be best at S.

Yawn. Another day, another college athlete busted for weed. This time Baylor WR Robbie Rhodes, one of the top WR recruits in the 2013 class.

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/baylor/football/baylor-receiver-rhodes-arrested-on-drug-charges/article_efc796c0-67b7-56f4-8504-1c7041598c23.html?mode=jqm

A promising 20-year-old Baylor University freshman football player was arrested early Friday morning on drug charges following a traffic stop.

Wide receiver Robbie Rhodes was charged with tampering with physical evidence and possession of marijuana, according to jail records.

Rhodes was booked into McLennan County Jail on Friday morning about 4 a.m. and released just before 1 p.m. on a $4,000 bond.

Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton said Rhodes was pulled over after he didn’t signal a lane change at South 18th Street and Clay Avenue. The officer smelled marijuana when he approached Rhodes’ car, Swanton said, and found 5.8 grams of marijuana in a baggie under the front seat.

Swanton said the tampering charge was added because Rhodes allegedly tried to hide the drugs.

Oregon spring game was on Saturday. I threw together a quick video of Thomas Tyner's carries and targets. His listed weight is up 14 pounds to 215 on Oregon's website since last season and I was eager to see what he looks like now. My biggest gripe with his 2013 stuff was that he was a little too straight-linish, especially in the second level of the defense. There were no great second level cuts on Saturday, but I thought he showed some pretty good feet/hips on some of these runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRC91CjSyuk

Guessing that he'll eclipse Byron Marshall next season with something like a 60-65/40-35 carry split.

K.D. Cannon ( Baylor commit ) goes 10.32 to win Texas 4A 100m...wind was 2.1m/s.

He's a very slight guy but has great hands...really wanted him at A&M...hard ignore that speed though.

CFN is doing a rundown of their top 50 NFL prospects in college football. I cut out the skill position guys:

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1402223.html

2. QB Jameis Winston, Florida State (Soph.) 6-3, 228
Get ready for the yearlong debate between Winston and Marcus Mariota to be the No. 1 quarterback – and probably the No. 1 player – everyone is fighting for. Even with the off-field character question marks he would’ve been the first quarterback taken in the 2014 draft, and if he can come up with another brilliant year on the field, and keep everything above board off of it, he’ll be a franchise-maker. Maturity is a massive question mark, but he has a year to make everything right. With his arm, on-field poise and mobility, even if he’s not Johnny Football running all over the place, he has the NFL tools to be special.

3. RB Todd Gurley, Georgia (Jr.) 6-1, 232
Yes, the position has been devalued, and yes, Gurley is going to have question marks about his durability, but it’s not a stretch to call him the best NFL running back prospect since Adrian Peterson. Using the check all the boxes cliché, he has the size, the hands, the pass catching ability and the deep speed - he’s probably more of a 4.6 combine guy than the high 4.4s that some believe he is, but it doesn’t matter. And yes, the NFL does need top running backs with this kind of talent.

5. QB Marcus Mariota, Oregon (Jr.) 6-4, 212
With a rare blend of size, speed and athleticism, he’s a different sort of quarterback prospect with the upside to develop into a prospect to build an entire team around. Can he turn into a true pro-style quarterback? He’ll have to adjust his game and he’ll have to prove he can be a pocket passer, but any offensive coordinator worth his salt will want to take on the transformation.

11. QB Brett Hundley, UCLA (Jr.) 6-3, 223
Even though he wasn’t quite ready to come out this year, he would’ve been a first rounder to build around. With his size, maturity, and leadership skills, he’ll look and talk the part, but he needs to be a bit more decisive with his throws and has use his athleticism and speed to be elusive, rather than as a runner.

12. TE O.J. Howard, Alabama (Soph. – 2016) 6-6, 237
The prototype for the new world of the NFL, Howard has the size, the hands and the athleticism to turn into an elite part of a pro-style attack. He only caught 14 passes for 269 yards in his freshman season, but with a little time and more seasoning, he should grow into a sharper route runner and a better blocker. By the time he’s eligible in 2016, he should be a filled-out 245 pounds and ready to be a top 15 pick.

14. QB Christian Hackenberg, Penn State (Soph. – 2016) 6-4, 220
He needs to add a little bit of bulk, but his size, pro-style deep ball ability and ready-made mechanics should put him in the running for the No. 1 overall pick in 2016. He doesn’t have Bill O’Brien to tutor him anymore, and there’s no Allen Robinson to make the passing game shine, but Hackenberg has the basics to become a pure NFL passer to work an offense around.

19. WR Laquon Treadwell, Ole Miss (Soph. – 2016) 6-3, 215
One of the nation’s top recruits in 2013, he didn’t disappoint with a team-leading 72 catches with 608 yards and five scores. He might not have been a deep play threat, and he was used more on the short-to-midrange plays, but if and when he runs under a 4.5 40 to go along with his size and physical ability, he’ll be a top ten pick in 2016. As is, he just might be the best wide receiver in college football.

35. TE Devin Funchess, Michigan (Jr.) 6-5, 230
With his size, catching radius and route-running ability, he’s like a big wide receiver with the upside and talent to become a phenomenal pass catcher in a pro-style attack. He already proved he can be used as a wideout, and while he might not be a thumper for the ground game, he won’t need to be.

37. RB Karlos Williams, Florida State 6-1, 219
It was tough to shine in a backfield with Devonta Freeman and James Wilder, not to mention Mr. Winston, but Williams managed to do it averaging over eight yards per pop with 11 touchdowns. With good size and blazing sub-4.4 speed, he looks the part, but he has to prove he can handle the ball more than just a few times a game, getting double-digit carries just three times.

38. RB T.J. Yeldon, Alabama (Jr.) 6-2, 218
A few fumbling mistakes here and there aside, he has the talent, size and skill to be a perfect part of an NFL rotation. He might suffer from Alabama back syndrome – it’s not like Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson are tearing up The League - but his combination of size and speed could push him into the first round even with the world of running backs knocked down a peg.

44. RB Derrick Henry, Alabama (Soph. – 2016) 6-3, 238
Fast enough, combine his mid-4.5 speed with tight end size and power, and he could quickly become one of the hottest prospects for the 2016 draft. Can he thrive in a backfield rotation with T.J. Yeldon and other options? NFL scouts will love it if he’s entering the next level with tread on the tires.

45. WR Amari Cooper, Alabama (Jr.) 6-1, 202
He’s not quite big enough, and he’s going to hover around the high 4.5s instead of the 4.4s, but with his home run hitting skills and all-around playmaking ability when he’s healthy, he could be a late first round pick.

48. RB Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin (Jr.) 6-1, 207
It’s not like Badger backs are destroying the NFL, and Gordon needs to prove that he’s not just a product of the system. However, even though he doesn’t have the right build to take a pounding, he won’t need to. Good for about 15 carries a game at the next level, they might be a gamechanging 15 touches. If he comes up with a 4.4 at the combine, his stock will soar.

50. WR Nelson Agholor, USC (Jr.) 6-0, 185
Everyone fell in love with Marqise Lee as a possible late first rounder before he fell into the second, but it’s not crazy to suggest that Agholor could be better after coming up with 56 catches for 918 yards and six scores. Coaches rave about him wanting to work and be better, and considering he’s still tuning the finer points of the position, he might be just scratching the surface.
Gotta say, I haven't been that impressed with Treadwell yet and Agholor doesn't seem like a top NFL prospect to me.

Love seeing Karlos Williams so high on that list. There are some questionable choices that I would have bumped for other guys, but overall an interesting list.

CFN is doing a rundown of their top 50 NFL prospects in college football. I cut out the skill position guys:

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1402223.html

Gotta say, I haven't been that impressed with Treadwell yet and Agholor doesn't seem like a top NFL prospect to me.
Treadwell isn't a physical freak like Julio Jones, but he's going to measure athletically enough and he's got some sick route-running skills.

You obviously haven't seen these:

http://instagram.com/p/lsuuAyIwif/

http://instagram.com/p/mG1oskowu7/

I see him somewhere between Alshon Jeffery and Josh Gordon. He can look very fluid and effortless at times while also being able to stop and make sharp cuts in his routes. Quite shifty in the open field as well.

Totally agree on Agholor. No way he's a 1st rounder if he's 185 lbs.

More here:

Some ridiculous photos of UGA 5-star RB Nick Chubb (UPDATED)By Michael Carvell

Former ESPN and Rivals reporter Radi Nabulsi created a stir on Twitter on Tuesday by posting some ridiculous photos of Nick Chubb.

Chubb is a 5-star prospect who was UGA’s star recruit for 2014 on the offensive side of the ball. You just didn’t hear about Chubb as much as Lorenzo Carter because Chubb committed to the Bulldogs early in the recruiting process and with little or no fanfare.

The surreal pictures of Chubb are from this past week’s state championship track meet. He was clocked at 10.79 seconds in the preliminaries of the Class AAAA 100-meter dash.

Who knows how Chubb will run with the ball in his hands with blockers in front of him next fall? But, to borrow a phrase from 247sports.com’s Rusty Mansell, Chubb looks like a “grown @$$ man” in high school.

Chubb stands 5-foot-11 and 229 pounds. Even though UGA has a Heisman candidate (Todd Gurley) and another junior almost surely to leave early for the NFL (Keith Marshall) at running back this season, look for Chubb to find a way to contribute at the position.

Starting to look more at the HS players/underclassmen ahead of the season and my August devy drafts.

I hope this was just an off day for Bo Scarbrough:

http://youtu.be/UMxbWcwCZp0?t=41s

Stone hands. I had thought he would be a good candidate to grow into an elite WR prospect, but he looks more like a future OLB there.

Starting to look more at the HS players/underclassmen ahead of the season and my August devy drafts.

I hope this was just an off day for Bo Scarbrough:

http://youtu.be/UMxbWcwCZp0?t=41s

Stone hands. I had thought he would be a good candidate to grow into an elite WR prospect, but he looks more like a future OLB there.
You've come to that conclusion based on such small sample size?

I guess plays like this can make up for the stone hands:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BdGmcb_CEAA1ZXl.jpg

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bcvw59LCcAAykn2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread