What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: NON-Draft eligible College prospects (1 Viewer)

EBF what do you think of Damien Harris...just decommitted from UMich...

I have second pick in august... Right now it's Harris or Winston or Racean Thomas.... Mike Davis is first RB on the list that would be available...guessing he's first to go...unless Winston is....
Jamabo already taken?

This kid should be in the discussion to be one of the top 2015 high school RBs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAkvNpUCtRQ

Reminds me a lot of Giovani Bernard. Anyone guess his name?

I debated on starting a separate thread for this, but here is a list of 5 star recruits at RB, and their success in college over the last ten years. Probably some debate on the college success tier on a few of these guys, but that's expected. Due to the design of the article, we will have to draw our on conclusions on NFL predictability by just 5 stars alone.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/five-star-running-backs-last-decade/

Lived up to the hype
  • Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma
  • Darren McFadden, Arkansas
  • Beanie Wells, Ohio State
  • CJ Spiller, Clemson
  • Demarco Murray, Oklahoma
  • LeSean McCoy, Pittsburgh
  • Noel Devine, WVU
  • Trent Richardson, Alabama
  • Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
  • Lache Seastrunk, Oregon (Baylor)
  • DeAnthony Thomas, Oregon
  • TJ Yeldon, Alabama
  • Duke Johnson, Miami
Good careers but mixed reviews
  • Marion Lucky, Nebraska
  • Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
  • Antone Smith, FSU
  • Toney Baker, NC State
  • Stafon Johnson, USC
  • Allen Bradford, USC
  • Mike Goodson, Texas A&M
  • CJ Gable, USC
  • Joe McKnight, USC
  • Christine Michael, Texas A&M
  • Isaiah Crowell, Georgia (Alabama State)
  • James Wilder, FSU
Busts
  • Charlie Jones, Miami
  • Bobby Washington, Miami (NC State, Eastern Michigan)
  • Jason Gwaltney, WVU
  • Kevin Grady, Michigan
  • James Aldridge, Notre Dame
  • Richard Samuel, Georgia
  • Darrell Scott, Colorado
  • Jermie Calhoun, Oklahoma
  • Bryce Brown, Tennessee
  • Marc Tyler, USC
Undetermined
  • Mike Dyer, Auburn (Louisville)
  • Malcolm Brown, Texas
  • Brandon Williams, Texas A&M
  • Savon Huggins, Rutgers
  • Keith Marshall, Georgia
  • Johnathan Gray, Texas
  • Trey Williams, Texas A&M
  • Rushel Shell, Pittsburgh (West Virginia)
  • Derrick Henry, Alabama
  • Thomas Tyner, Oregon
  • Kelvin Taylor, Florida
  • Keith Ford, Oklahoma
  • Derrick Green, Michigan
Photo Credit: Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

Join 50,000 Other

Probably some debate on the college success tier on a few of these guys, but that's expected.
One obvious one to me is Johnathan Stewart, how did he not live up to the hype in college? The author seems to have penalized him for having only one season of 1000 yards rushing, but considering he had 980 rushing yards in his sophomore year, 1700+ rushing yards in his junior year, and he didn't even have a senior year because he was so dominant in college he declared for the NFL and ended up being a 1st round pick. Whereas a guy like DeMarco Murray only "lived up to the hype" because he sucked in his junior season so he wasn't able to declare for the draft then, which allowed him to have another season in college.

HS recruiting is a big crapshoot. Much like the NFL draft though, it's pretty clear that the higher ranked players have better odds of panning out.

One name missing from their QB list is Andrew Luck. Not sure what Rivals and ESPN had him, but he was a 5* on Scout.

The same site has compiled the same information for QBs, and the 5 star to NFL to starting level QB ratio is laughable (imo)

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/five-star-quarterbacks-last-decade/
High profile QBs bust at every level. It's just the nature of the position. Probably only 1 or 2 Freshman QB worth taking every year. Some years, probably none.
Yeah, I was expecting more that one starter (who has legit questions), a starter because I am a high draft pick,...and a couple of dudes people are hoping on (Winston and Hacken) to be top 5 type picks....that's simply awful from a scouting perspective.

Can someone help me sort out my comparisons between Alex Collins and Melvin Gordon. Gordon is smoother and in fact maybe too smooth that its hard to realize he's shifting into an extra gear that Collins doesn't have but Collins looks very explosive in his own right. Both look similar to me on film in style or maybe I'm being mislead by their similar physiques. Collins maybe a little tougher a runner and his style could change with another 10lbs but as of now I'm liking Collins a lot. What say you film analysts?

Can someone help me sort out my comparisons between Alex Collins and Melvin Gordon. Gordon is smoother and in fact maybe too smooth that its hard to realize he's shifting into an extra gear that Collins doesn't have but Collins looks very explosive in his own right. Both look similar to me on film in style or maybe I'm being mislead by their similar physiques. Collins maybe a little tougher a runner and his style could change with another 10lbs but as of now I'm liking Collins a lot. What say you film analysts?
Gordon = straight line speed

Collins = more compact, shiftier

Not 100% sold on Collins just yet, but he has a nice burst and his production was impressive this season on a bad team.

Follow along a devy draft http://devydyno.com/draftrooms/ExpertMock1/

I'm no expert but there are plenty of experts in this including our Xue

16 Drafters

I took:

1.5 -Amari Cooper

2.12- Sammy Coates

3.5- Derrick Green
:thumbup:

Any other devy drafts would be appreciated!
http://ffoasis.com/mocks/DevyMock2/
Very interesting. I am a little surprised by some of these results. I would think that guys like Collins, Marshall(s), and Diggs would have a shout for going a little higher based on their backgrounds and what they've achieved in the NCAA so far.

16 Drafters

I took:

1.5 -Amari Cooper

2.12- Sammy Coates

3.5- Derrick Green

Very interesting. I am a little surprised by some of these results. I would think that guys like Collins, Marshall(s), and Diggs would have a shout for going a little higher based on their backgrounds and what they've achieved in the NCAA so far.
Let me know if you want to participate. We'll be doing a ton of mocks the next several weeks. Invite goes for anyone else as well.

16 Drafters

I took:

1.5 -Amari Cooper

2.12- Sammy Coates

3.5- Derrick Green

Let me know if you want to participate. We'll be doing a ton of mocks the next several weeks. Invite goes for anyone else as well.
Sure, I'll do one.

As prospects, they're very close, in my opinion. Gordon has to be a lot more valuable, though, as he'll be in next year's draft. Collins needs to stay healthy and productive for 2-3 years, rather than 1.

Collins has just as good a burst with better vision and shiftiness. Before he started college, I compared him to Isaiah Crowell. As a Freshman, he looks better than Crowell did.

I have participated in the first two mocks and was shocked to get Diggs both times where I did.

These types of exercises are always fun to participate in and are helpful to gauge current value

I have participated in the first two mocks and was shocked to get Diggs both times where I did.

These types of exercises are always fun to participate in and are helpful to gauge current value
Yeah, you sniped me in mock2. Was hoping for Diggs there.

Looks like Leonard Fournette (5 star HS RB) is going to have a pretty high ADP in this year's all-class devy drafts. He seems to be going around 1.06-1.10 pretty consistently. I don't know if his clips really justify quite that level of excitement, but I'd probably be willing to take him around 1.12-1.14. Not too far off. I'm a big fan of gambling on upside in devy drafts and sometimes rolling with a high school prospect is a route to getting top upside without needing to hold a top 3 pick. I do wonder if Fournette is closer to being the next Mendenhall than the next Peterson though. Seems like a kid who has peaked early as opposed to a kid whose peak is going to be crazy good, though it's really tough to predict what's going to happen with a 17-18 year old.

I think the recruiting hype is driving a lot of the optimism for Fournette. Looking at some of this early devy ADP, it seems to me that guys who are mega hyped out of high school tend to be drafted a little higher than their achievements merit. Dorial Green-Beckham and Malcom Brown are two that I would not draft near their ADP. I'm not really sold on Laquon Treadwell either. On the other hand, I'm relatively high on Diggs and Tyner and neither one of those guys has put together a dominant statistical season quite yet. So I guess I'm guilty as anyone in that sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you needing to see more of from Treadwell in terms of development next year? It's tough evaluating a lot of these guys due to limited tape at this point in their careers.

Looks like Leonard Fournette (5 star HS RB) is going to have a pretty high ADP in this year's all-class devy drafts. He seems to be going around 1.06-1.10 pretty consistently. I don't know if his clips really justify quite that level of excitement, but I'd probably be willing to take him around 1.12-1.14. Not too far off. I'm a big fan of gambling on upside in devy drafts and sometimes rolling with a high school prospect is a route to getting top upside without needing to hold a top 3 pick. I do wonder if Fournette is closer to being the next Mendenhall than the next Peterson though. Seems like a kid who has peaked early as opposed to a kid whose peak is going to be crazy good, though it's really tough to predict what's going to happen with a 17-18 year old.

I think the recruiting hype is driving a lot of the optimism for Fournette. Looking at some of this early devy ADP, it seems to me that guys who are mega hyped out of high school tend to be drafted a little higher than their achievements merit. Dorial Green-Beckham and Malcom Brown are two that I would not draft near their ADP. I'm not really sold on Laquon Treadwell either. On the other hand, I'm relatively high on Diggs and Tyner and neither one of those guys has put together a dominant statistical season quite yet. So I guess I'm guilty as anyone in that sense.
Agreed on Fournette. Definitely looks like a kid who has peaked early as opposed to a guy who looks like his peak is going to be crazy good. He could end up being a stud NFL prospect, but no way would I spend a 1st round devy pick on the guy and wait 3 years to find out. Generally speaking I think you're a lot better off drafting players closer to your draft year, the combination of incoming freshman being the riskiest propositions and the fact that they're 4 years away from helping your team at minimum, there's almost always somebody else I'd rather have that's closer to their draft year.

Year-by-year look at five-star college football recruits

By Mike Huguenin

College Football 24/7 writer

National Signing Day is Wednesday, and coaches and fans will crow about the classes their schools reeled in. They'll be particularly happy with five-star recruits who signed.

But being a five-star recruit is no sure thing on the road to the NFL. We went back and looked at Rivals.com's five-star recruits from 2002 (when their rankings started) through the 2010 class (figuring that most five-star recruits wouldn't have lasted more than four years in college).

(By the way, there were 26 five-star recruits in the 2011 signing class, and 11 of them are available in this draft: Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Jadeveon Clowney, Isaiah Crowell, Anthony Johnson, Cyrus Kouandjio, Jarvis Landry, Colt Lyerla, DeAnthony Thomas, Stephon Tuitt, Sammy Watkins and James Wilder Jr.)

Here's what we found:

» There were 262 recruits given five-star status. There were as many as 38 five stars in one class, in 2002, and as few as 25, in both 2003 and 2004. The average number of five-star recruits in a class was 29.

» Of those 262, 116 were drafted (44.3 percent) and 42 went in the first round (16 percent); 38 percent of the five stars who were drafted were first-rounders.

» Only one former five-star recruit, Matthew Stafford, has been the overall No. 1 draft pick in that span. He was in the 2006 class, and six of the top eight players in that class were first-rounders.

» There are 18 former five-star recruits from the 2002 to 2010 class who will be in the 2014 draft, and there are another seven who will be seniors in college in the fall. (Counting the 11 five-star recruits in the 2011 class, there will be 29 former five-star recruits in the 2014 draft.)

» Some more numbers to think about: FBS schools sign about 2,500 players every year, and maybe 30 are five-star recruits. That means a bit more than 1 percent of the players who sign every February are five-star guys.

» Not all the five-star recruits had a shot at being drafted. Two were in prison, and another faces a March trial for assault. A handful had to give up football because of injuries. A few never played a down of major-college football because of academic issues. One decided on a pro baseball career, and another chose pro track. And there are two former five-star guys whose whereabouts are unknown. We have identified those players.

Here's a year-by-year look at the five-star recruits and where (and when) they were drafted.

2010 RECRUITING CLASS1. Florida DE Ronald Powell: In 2014 draft.
2. Miami OT Seantrel Henderson: In 2014 draft.
3. USC WR Kyle Prater: Will be a senior at Northwestern in the fall.
4. Florida DT Sharrif Floyd: First-round pick by Minnesota in 2013 draft.
5. California DB Keenan Allen: Third-round pick by San Diego in 2013 draft.
6. USC ATH Robert Woods: Second-round pick by Buffalo in 2013 draft.
7. Florida DT Dominique Easley: In 2014 draft.
8. UCLA DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa: Will be a senior at UCLA in the fall.
9. Tennessee WR Da'Rick Rogers: Undrafted. (Transferred to Tennessee Tech.)

10. South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore: Fourth-round pick by San Francisco in 2013 draft.
11. Auburn RB Michael Dyer:
Will be a senior at Louisville in the fall.
12. Texas DE Jackson Jeffcoat: In 2014 draft.
13. North Carolina State OT Robert Crisp: In 2014 draft.
14. Florida State CB Lamarcus Joyner: In 2014 draft.
15. Miami ATH Latwan Anderson: Never played a down of college football. Whereabouts unknown.
16. Texas LB Jordan Hicks: Will be a senior at Texas in the fall.
17. USC RB Dillon Baxter: In 2014 draft. (Transferred to Baker University in Kansas.)
18. California DE Chris Martin: Hasn't played a down of major college football and faces a March trial for aggravated robbery in Lawrence, Kan.
19. LSU ATH Spencer Ware: Sixth-round pick by Seattle in 2013 draft.
20. Florida State LB Christian Jones: In 2014 draft.
21. Michigan State DE William Gholston: Fourth-round pick by Tampa Bay in 2013 draft.
22. Auburn OT Shon Coleman: Will be a junior at Auburn in the fall after missing two years with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
23. Alabama CB Dee Milliner: First-round pick by the New York Jets in 2013 draft.
24. USC WR Markeith Ambles: Will be a senior at Houston in the fall.
25. Florida S Matt Elam: First-round pick by Baltimore in 2013 draft.
26. Oregon RB Lache Seastrunk: In 2014 draft. (Transferred to Baylor).

2009 RECRUITING CLASS1. Tennessee RB Bryce Brown: Undrafted. (Transferred to Kansas State.)
2. LSU WR Rueben Randle: Second-round pick by New York Giants in 2012 draft.
3. Alabama OT D.J. Fluker: First-round pick by San Diego in 2013 draft.
4. Missouri DT Sheldon Richardson: First-round pick by New York Jets in 2013 draft.
5. USC QB Matt Barkley: Third-round pick by Philadelphia in 2013 draft.
6. Alabama RB Trent Richardson: First-round pick by Cleveland in 2012 draft.
7. LSU QB Russell Shepard: Undrafted.
8. USC DE Devon Kennard: In 2014 draft.
9. Arizona State LB Vontaze Burfict: Undrafted.
10. Florida LB Jelani Jenkins: Fourth-round pick by Miami in 2013 draft.
11. Alabama CB Dre Kirkpatrick: First-round pick by New York Jets in 2013 draft.
12. Notre Dame LB <a href="http://www.nfl.com/player/mantite" data-ipb="nomediaparse" data-cke-saved-href="http://www.nfl.com/player/mantite" profile"="" 2539277="" o="">Manti Te'o: Second-round pick by San Diego in 2013 draft.
13. Miami S
http://www.nfl.com/player/mantiteRay-Ray Armstrong: Undrafted.
14. Texas DE Alex Okafor: Fourth-round pick by Arizona in 2013 draft.
15. Florida State DT Jacobbi McDaniel: In 2014 draft.
16. North Carolina DT Donte Paige-Moss: Undrafted.
17. Tennessee CB Janzen Jackson: Undrafted.
18. Texas QB Garrett Gilbert: In 2014 draft. (Transferred to SMU.)
19. USC S Patrick Hall: Left USC, whereabouts unknown.
20. LSU S Craig Loston: In 2014 draft.
21. Florida WR Andre Debose: Will be a sixth-year senior at Florida in the fall.
22. Texas A&M RB Christine Michael: Second-round pick by Seattle in 2013 draft.
23. Florida DT Gary Brown: Undrafted. (Never played a down of major-college football.)
24. Arkansas CB Darius Winston: Undrafted.
25. LSU DT Chris Davenport: In 2014 draft. (Transferred to Tulane.)
26. Michigan DT William Campbell: Sixth-round pick by New York Jets in 2013 draft.
27. Florida State CB Greg Reid: Undrafted. (Transferred to Valdosta State.)
28. Georgia CB Branden Smith: Undrafted.
29. Texas OL Mason Walters: In 2014 draft.
30. USC DB T.J. McDonald: Third-round pick by St. Louis in 2013 draft.
31. Ohio State CB Corey Brown: In 2014 draft.
32. Alabama LB Nico Johnson: Fourth-round pick by Kansas City in 2013 draft.
33. Ohio State LB Dorian Bell: In 2014 draft. (Transferred to Duquesne.)

2008 RECRUITING CLASS1. QB Terrelle Pryor, Ohio State: Third-round pick by Oakland in 2011 supplemental draft.
2. DE Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson: Second-round pick by Tampa Bay in 2011 draft.
3. OT Mike Adams, Ohio State: Second-round pick by Pittsburgh in 2012 draft.
4. WR Julio Jones, Alabama: First-round pick by Atlanta in 2011 draft.
5. CB Patrick Peterson, LSU: First-round pick by Arizona in 2011 draft. (Known as Patrick Johnson in high school.)
6. RB Darrell Scott, Colorado: Undrafted. (Transferred to USF.)
7. DT Marcus Forston, Miami: Undrafted.
8. OL Baker Steinkuhler, Nebraska: Undrafted.
9. WR A.J. Green, Georgia: First-round pick by Cincinnati in 2011 draft.
10. ATH Will Hill, Florida: Undrafted.
11. OL Matt Kalil, USC: First-round pick by Minnesota in 2012 draft.
12. C Michael Brewster, Ohio State: Undrafted.
13. DE R.J. Washington, Oklahoma: Undrafted.
14. QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri: First-round pick by Jacksonville in 2011 draft.
15. OL Tyron Smith, USC: First-round pick by Dallas in 2011 draft.
16. LB Nigel Bradham, Florida State: Fourth-round pick by Buffalo in 2012 draft.
17. DT Omar Hunter, Florida: Undrafted.
18. OL Matt Patchan, Florida: In 2014 draft. (Received a sixth year of eligibility from the NCAA for injury reasons.)
19. RB Jermie Calhoun, Oklahoma: Undrafted.
20. TE Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame: Second-round pick by Minnesota in 2011 draft.
21. WR DeVier Posey, Ohio State: Third-round pick by Houston in 2012 draft.
22. WR DeAndre Brown, Southern Miss: Undrafted.
23. LB Arthur Brown, Miami: Second-round pick of Baltimore in 2013 draft. (Transferred to Kansas State.)
24. ATH Richard Samuel, Georgia: Undrafted.
25. QB Dayne Crist, Notre Dame: Undrafted. (transferred to Kansas.)
26. WR Jonathan Baldwin, Pittsburgh First-round pick by Kansas City in 2011 draft.
27. WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame: First-round pick by Arizona in 2012 draft.
28. ATH Burton Scott, Alabama: Undrafted. (Transferred to South Alabama.)
29. G Stephen Good, Oklahoma: Undrafted.
30. OT Tyler Love, Alabama: Undrafted.

2007 RECRUITING CLASS1. QB Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame: Second-round pick by Carolina in 2010 draft.
2. RB Joe McKnight, USC: Fourth-round pick by the New York Jets in 2010 draft.
3. SS Eric Berry, Tennessee: First-round pick by Kansas City in 2010 draft.
4. QB Ryan Mallett, Michigan: Third-round pick by New England in 2011 draft. (Transferred to Arkansas.)
5. DE Carlos Dunlap, Florida: Second-round pick by Cincinnati in 2010 draft.
6. DE Everson Griffen, USC: Fourth-round pick by Minnesota in 2010 draft.
7. DT Marvin Austin, North Carolina: Second-round pick by the New York Giants in 2011 draft.
8. WR Ronald Johnson, USC: Sixth-round pick by San Francisco in 2011 draft.
9. DT Torrey Davis, Florida: Undrafted. (Transferred to Jacksonville State.)
10. OT Josh Oglesby, Wisconsin: Undrafted.
11. LB Chris Galippo, USC: Undrafted.
12. G James Wilson, Florida: Undrafted.
13. WR Terrance Toliver, LSU: Undrafted.
14. FS Chad Jones, LSU: Third-round pick by the New York Giants in 2010 draft.
15. RB Noel Devine, West Virginia: Undrafted.
16. OL Tray Allen, Texas: Undrafted.
17. RB Marc Tyler, USC: Undrafted.
18. LB Chris Donald, Tennessee: Gave up football before 2011 season because of wrist injuries. Had transferred to Chattanooga by then.
19. FS Chris Culliver, South Carolina: Third-round pick by San Francisco in 2011 draft.
20. DE Ben Martin, Tennessee: Undrafted.
21. CB Curtis Brown, Texas: Third-round pick by Pittsburgh in 2011 draft.
22. WR Dwight Jones, North Carolina: Undrafted.
23. OL Ryan Miller, Colorado: Fifth-round pick by Cleveland in 2012 draft.
24. WR Arrelious Benn, Illinois: Second-round pick by Tampa Bay in 2010 draft.
25. CB Donovan Warren, Michigan: Undrafted.
26. DE Martez Wilson, Illinois: Third-round pick by New Orleans in 2011 draft.
27. QB Tyrod Taylor, Virginia Tech: Sixth-round pick by Baltimore in 2011 draft.
28. QB Cam Newton, Florida: First-round pick by Carolina in 2011 draft. (Transferred to a junior college, then Auburn.)
29. C Kristofer O'Dowd, USC: Undrafted.

2006 RECRUITING CLASS1. WR Percy Harvin, Florida: First-round pick by Minnesota in 2009 draft.
2. OT Andre Smith, Alabama: First-round pick by Cincinnati in 2009 draft.
3. RB Chris "Beanie" Wells, Ohio State: First-round pick by Arizona in 2009.
4. DT Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma: First-round pick by Tampa Bay in 2010.
5. LB Sergio Kindle, Texas: Second-round pick by Baltimore in 2010.
6. QB Matthew Stafford, Georgia: First-round pick by Detroit in 2009 draft (No. 1 overall pick).
7. WR Vidal Hazelton, USC: Undrafted. (Transferred to Cincinnati.)
8. RB C.J. Spiller, Clemson: First-round pick by Buffalo in 2010 draft.
9. LB Allen Bradford, USC: Sixth-round pick by Tampa Bay in 2011 draft.
10. QB Mitch Mustain, Arkansas: Undrafted. (Transferred to USC.)
11. OT Sam Young, Notre Dame: Sixth-round pick by Dallas in 2010 draft.
12. SS Myron Rolle, Florida State: Sixth-round pick by Tennessee in 2010. (Didn't play in 2009 season, instead studying at Oxford after being awarded a Rhodes Scholarship.)
13. LB Brandon Spikes, Florida: Second-round pick by New England in 2010 draft.
14. FS Reshad Jones, Georgia: Fifth-round pick by Miami in 2010 draft.
15. LB Brandon Graham, Michigan: First-round pick by Philadelphia in 2010 draft.
16. FS Taylor Mays, USC: Second-round pick by San Francisco in 2010 draft.
17. DE Robert Rose, Ohio State: Undrafted.
18. RB Stafon Johnson, USC: Undrafted.
19. CB A.J. Wallace, Penn State: Undrafted.
20. DT Al Woods, LSU: Fourth-round pick by Tampa Bay in 2010 draft.
21. DE Ricky Sapp, Clemson: Fifth-round pick by Philadelphia in 2010 draft.
22. QB Tim Tebow, Florida: First-round pick by Denver in 2010 draft.
23. RB C.J. Gable, USC: Undrafted.
24. TE Brandon Warren, Florida State: Undrafted. (Transferred to Tennessee, then North Alabama.)
25. DE Eddie Jones, Texas: Undrafted.
26. OL Stephen Schilling, Michigan: Sixth-round pick by San Diego in 2011 draft.
27. RB James Aldridge, Notre Dame: Undrafted.
28. T Carl Johnson, Florida: Undrafted.

2005 RECRUITING CLASS1. ATH Derrick Williams, Penn State: Third-round pick by Detroit in 2009 draft.
2. WR Patrick Turner, USC: Third-round pick by Miami in 2009 draft.
3. OT Eugene Monroe, Virginia: First-round pick by Jacksonville in 2009 draft.
4. DE Melvin Alaeze, Maryland: Undrafted. (Never enrolled at Maryland and played just one game of college football, at Illinois. In 2007, Alaeze was sentenced to eight years in prison after pleading guilty to first-degree assault.)
5. LB Rey Maualuga, USC: Second-round pick by Cincinnati in 2009 draft.
6. WR Fred Rouse, Florida State: Undrafted. (Began his career at FSU, then went to UTEP, Texas Southern and NAIA program Concordia, in Alabama. During that span, he also spent time in prison after violating probation following his arrest for breaking into a teammate's apartment.)
7. QB Mark Sanchez, USC: First-round pick by the New York Jets in 2009 draft.
8. TE Martellus Bennett, Texas A&M: Second-round pick by Dallas in 2008 draft.
9. OL Reginald Youngblood, Miami: Undrafted.
10. RB Jonathan Stewart, Oregon: First-round pick by Carolina in 2008 draft.
11. DT DeMarcus Granger, Oklahoma: Undrafted.
12. S Kenneth Phillips, Miami: First-round pick by New York Giants in 2008.
13. RB Marlon Lucky, Nebraska: Undrafted.
14. DT Callahan Bright, Florida State: Undrafted. (Never enrolled at FSU because of academics, and eventually landed at Division II Shaw, in North Carolina.)
15. RB Jason Gwaltney, West Virginia: Undrafted. (Transferred to Division III Kean, in New Jersey.)
16. QB Ryan Perrilloux, LSU: Undrafted. (Transferred to Jacksonville State.)
17. LB Tray Blackmon, Auburn: Undrafted.
18. WR DeSean Jackson, California: Second-round pick by Philadelphia in 2008 draft.
19. CB Justin King, Penn State: Fourth-round pick by St. Louis in 2008 draft.
20. OT Alex Boone, Ohio State: Undrafted.
21. CB Demetrice Morley, Tennessee: Undrafted.
22. RB Kevin Grady, Michigan: Undrafted.
23. ATH Darren McFadden, Arkansas: First-round pick by Oakland in 2008 draft.
24. DT Jerrell Powe, Ole Miss: Sixth-round pick by Kansas City in 2011 draft.
25. RB Antone Smith, Florida State: Undrafted.
26. LB Ryan Reynolds, Oklahoma: Undrafted.
27. OL Dan Doering, Iowa: Undrafted.
28. ATH Victor Harris, Virginia Tech: Fifth-round pick by Philadelphia in 2009 draft.

2004 RECRUITING CLASS1. RB Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma: First-round pick by Minnesota in 2007 draft.
2. CB Ted Ginn Jr., Ohio State: First-round pick by Miami in 2007 draft.
3. WR Early Doucet, LSU: Third-round pick by Arizona in 2008 draft.
4. QB Rhett Bomar, Oklahoma: Fifth-round pick by the New York Giants in 2009 draft. (Transferred to Sam Houston State.)
5. LB Keith Rivers, USC: First-round pick by Cincinnati in 2008 draft.
6. LB Willie Williams, Miami: Undrafted. (Transferred to Louisville, then NAIA member Union College in Kentucky.)
7. DE Brandon Miller, Georgia: Undrafted.
8. DE Derrick Harvey, Florida: First-round pick by Jacksonville in 2008 draft.
9. DE Jeff Schweiger Jr., USC: Undrafted. (Transferred to San Jose State.)
10. QB Xavier Lee, Florida State: Undrafted.
11. DT DeMario Pressley, North Carolina State: Fifth-round pick by New Orleans in 2008 draft.
12. QB Anthony Morelli, Penn State: Undrafted.
13. QB Chad Henne, Michigan: Second-round pick by Miami in 2008 draft.
14. LB Kyle Williams, Iowa: Academically ineligible at Iowa but landed at Purdue, where he played one season. Williams was sentenced in 2007 to 37 years in prison after being convicted of attempted rape, battery and confinement of two women in West Lafayette, Ind. The sentence later was reduced to 25 years.
15. LB Chris Patterson, Oklahoma: Undrafted. (Never played a down at Oklahoma. Instead, he went to a junior college and later transferred to Kansas State.)
16. QB Matthew Tuiasosopo, Washington: Decided on a pro baseball career rather than playing college football.
17. WR Cameron Colvin, Oregon: Undrafted.
18. DT Frank Okam, Texas: Fifth-round pick by Houston in 2008 draft.
19. WR Fred Davis, USC: Second-round pick by Washington in 2008 draft.
20. C Jeff Byers, USC: Undrafted.
21. WR Lance Leggett, Miami: Undrafted.
22. WR Xavier Carter, LSU: Left LSU after two seasons to pursue pro track career.
23. OL Thomas Herring, USC: Undrafted.
24. LB Dan Connor, Penn State: Third-round pick by Carolina in 2008 draft.
25. LB Brian Toal, Boston College: Undrafted.

2003 RECRUITING CLASS1. LB Ernie Sims, Florida State: First-round pick by Detroit in 2006 draft.
2. RB Reggie Bush, USC: First-round pick by New Orleans in 2006 draft.
3. ATH Whitney Lewis, USC: Undrafted. (Transferred to Northern Iowa.)
4. WR Andre Caldwell, Florida: Third-round pick by Cincinnati in 2008 draft.
5. QB Kyle Wright, Miami: Undrafted.
6. DB Prescott Burgess, Michigan: Sixth-round pick by Baltimore in 2007 draft.
7. TE Tony Hills Jr., Texas: Fourth-round pick by Pittsburgh in 2008 draft.
8. OL Jorrie Adams, Texas A&M: Undrafted.
9. CB Paul Oliver, Georgia: Fourth-round pick by San Diego in 2007 supplemental draft.
10. TE Greg Olsen, Miami: First-round pick by Chicago in 2007 draft.
11. G Martin O'Donnell, Illinois: Undrafted. (First-team All-American as a senior in 2007 but chose to enter the workplace rather than continue football career.)
12. CB Dee Webb, Florida: Seventh-round pick by Jacksonville in 2006 draft.
13. LB Wesley Jefferson, Maryland: Undrafted. (Gave up football before senior season to enroll at the Maryland State Police Training Academy.)
14. LB LaMarr Woodley, Michigan: Second-round pick by Pittsburgh in 2007 draft.
15. DT Nathaniel Robinson, Rutgers: Undrafted.
16. DE Joe Cohen, Florida: Fourth-round pick by Denver in 2006 draft.
17. WR Chad Jackson, Florida: Second-round pick by New England in 2006 draft.
18. OL Ofa Mohetau, BYU: Undrafted.
19. RB Kregg Lumpkin, Georgia: Undrafted.
20. WR Robert Meachem, Tennessee: First-round pick by New Orleans in 2007 draft.
21. RB Demetris Summers, South Carolina: Undrafted.
22. DE Justin Ostrowski, Wisconsin: Knee injury forced him to give up football in 2007.
23. DE Victor Abiamiri, Notre Dame: Second-round pick by Philadelphia in 2007 draft.
24. DB Quinton Culberson, Mississippi State: Undrafted.
25. DE Jarvis Moss, Florida: First-round pick by Denver in 2007 draft.

2002 RECRUITING CLASS1. QB Vince Young, Texas: First-round pick by Tennessee in 2006 draft.
2. DT Haloti Ngata, Oregon: First-round pick by Baltimore in 2006 draft.
3. RB Lorenzo Booker, Florida State: Third-round pick by Miami in 2007 draft.
4. QB Ben Olson, BYU: Undrafted.
5. QB Reggie McNeal, Texas A&M: Sixth-round pick (as a wide receiver) by Cincinnati in 2006 draft.
6. WR Chris Davis, Florida State: Third-round pick by Tennessee in 2007 draft.
7. WR Ryan Moore, Miami: Undrafted.
8. QB Marcus Vick, Virginia Tech: Undrafted.
9. RB Leon Washington, Florida State: Fourth-round pick by the New York Jets in 2006 draft.
10. RB Ciatrick Fason, Florida: Fourth-round pick by Minnesota in 2005 draft.
11. DE Kai Parham, Virginia: Undrafted.
12. RB Gerald Riggs Jr., Tennessee: Undrafted.
13. DT Rodrique Wright, Texas: Seventh-round pick by Miami in 2006 draft.
14. RB Michael Johnson, Virginia: Undrafted.
15. OT Justin Blalock, Texas: Second-round pick by Atlanta in 2007 draft.
16. WR Dishon Platt, Florida State: Never playing a down of college football because of academic and other issues.
17. LB Ricardo Hurley, South Carolina: Undrafted.
18. OT Nathan Rhodes, Washington: Never played a down of college football because of a congenital back problem.
19. G Brandon Jeffries, Tennessee: Undrafted. (Transferred to Division II Newberry College in South Carolina.)
20. QB Trent Edwards, Stanford: Third-round pick by Buffalo in 2007 draft.
21. DE Deljuan Robinson, Mississippi State: Undrafted.
22. RB Jerious Norwood, Mississippi State: Third-round pick by Atlanta in 2006 draft.
23. WR Marquis Johnson, Texas: Undrafted. (Never enrolled at Texas because of poor academics and eventually played in junior college and two seasons at Texas Tech.)
24. OT Derek Morris, Ohio State: Undrafted. (Never enrolled at Ohio State because of poor academics and ended up at North Carolina State.)
25. DB Darren Williams, Mississippi State: Undrafted. Transferred to Jacksonville State.)
26. S Pat Watkins, Florida State: Fifth-round pick by Dallas in 2006 draft.
27. LB Ahmad Brooks, Virginia: Third-round pick by Cincinnati in 2006 supplemental draft.
28. DB Devin Hester, Miami: Second-round pick by Chicago in 2006 draft.
29. LB Mike D'Andrea, Ohio State: Injury issues caused him to give up football in 2006.
30. QB James Banks, Tennessee: Undrafted. (Transferred to Division II Carson-Newman in Tennessee and moved to WR.)
31. LB Zach Latimer, Oklahoma: Undrafted.
32. WR Ben Obomanu, Auburn: Seventh-round pick by Seattle in 2006 draft.
33. DT Gabe Watson, Michigan: Fourth-round pick by Arizona in 2006 draft.
34. DE Jonathan Mapu, Tennessee: Undrafted.
35. CB Edorian McCullough, Texas: Undrafted.
36. TE Marcedes Lewis, UCLA: First-round pick by Jacksonville in 2006 draft.
37. FB Maurice Clarett, Ohio State: Third-round pick by Denver in 2005 draft.
38. DE Bryan Pickryl, Texas: Injury issues caused him to give up football in 2004.

Mike Huguenin can be reached at mike.huguenin@nfl.com. You also can follow him on Twitter @MikeHuguenin.

Too many Freshman being taken in the Devy mocks so far. Some forgotten Freshman and Sophomore from last year deserve more love.

Agreed on Fournette. Definitely looks like a kid who has peaked early as opposed to a guy who looks like his peak is going to be crazy good. He could end up being a stud NFL prospect, but no way would I spend a 1st round devy pick on the guy and wait 3 years to find out. Generally speaking I think you're a lot better off drafting players closer to your draft year, the combination of incoming freshman being the riskiest propositions and the fact that they're 4 years away from helping your team at minimum, there's almost always somebody else I'd rather have that's closer to their draft year.
Yea, I agree. The issue is that the obvious top talents who are rising sophomores/juniors will tend to go pretty high. That leaves you with the option of taking an older player who's regarded as a second tier prospect or gambling on a high upside youngster. In general I'd probably prefer someone who has demonstrated his quality against college competition, but there have been times when I've been inclined to roll the dice on upside.

One thing about Fournette people should make note of is that he's already 19.

Well that makes sense. People say Fournette is the next Peterson. I think maybe he'll be more like Antowain Smith or Rashard Mendenhall as an NFL player. Even that is a pretty optimistic comparison, so maybe I'm exaggerating his talent. I see him as more "solid" than freaky. The reason why I think he's likely to be decent though is because he's already ~220 pounds with ~10.7 speed in the 100m. That's basically all the physical talent it takes to play on Sundays.

I think he runs a little high and doesn't have super agility/balance. Certainly liked Tyner more a year ago. Tyner is more of a volatile prospect though.

I just finished our yearly one round Devy Draft in one of my leagues. I thought some folks might find the results interesting:

1 - Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin (Me)

2 - Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina

3 - Nelson Agholor, WR, USC

4 - Ezekiel Elliot, RB, Ohio State

5 - Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss

6 - Duke Johnson, RB, Miami

7 - Karlos Williams, RB, Florida State

8 - Jalen Strong, WR, Arizona State

9 - Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State

10 - Thomas Tyner, RB, Oregon

11 - Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU

12 - Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama

13 - Marquez North, WR, Tennessee

14 - Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland (Me)

Already on rosters from previous years:

Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama

T.J. Yeldon, RB, Alabama

Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio State

Michael Dyer, RB, Louisville

Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Missouri

Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia

5 of the 14 picks won't be eligible for the draft for at least 2 years. In a fairly shallow league (25), that's a long time to wait for a return. I'm not versed on the incoming or 1-year guys like I should be, but it was the first time I'd ever heard of Ezekiel Elliot. I'm still not completely sold on Diggs, but I thought he offered good value where I got him. With my eye on getting something next year, it came down to Diggs and Ajayi. Since I'm already loaded at RB, I went WR. I'm sure it'll end up biting me.

I think there are definitely some "cute picks" there. Trying too hard to dig for value when there are more obvious high-percentage picks right there that don't have the hype right now.

It looks pretty paint-by-numbers to me with the exception of the Elliott and Agholor picks. Having seen a fair amount of Agholor, I sort of lean towards him being more of a mediocre mid-round prospect than potential first round talent, so I'm not a huge fan of that pick. The Elliott selection is a little more interesting. I can admit to having no clue who he was until I saw that post, but after digging up some footage he looks like an interesting sleeper. Good frame, flashes of talent as a freshman, and a decent prep background as a good track athlete and relatively highly-rated football player. Maybe that pick will look pretty smart in another year or two. If I had to criticize it, I'd just say that based on mocks I'm seeing there was no real chance of Elliott being taken anywhere in the top 10, so that guy probably could've bumped down and still comfortably gotten his man.

The Agholor and Elliot picks are the glaring reaches IMO, but I think Treadwell and Strong over Diggs is over-thinking it as well. But I'm on record as a big Diggs fan and can see the draw of Treadwell.

The Agholor and Elliot picks are the glaring reaches IMO, but I think Treadwell and Strong over Diggs is over-thinking it as well. But I'm on record as a big Diggs fan and can see the draw of Treadwell.
I personally like both Treadwell and Strong more than Diggs. I don't think Diggs has any shot to be a top 10 NFL pick. I think both Treadwell and Strong do. I could be putting too much stock in the measurables, but what I have seen of each guy supports my lean. We'll see.

ETA: Diggs feels like 2011 Robert Woods to me.

I personally like both Treadwell and Strong more than Diggs. I don't think Diggs has any shot to be a top 10 NFL pick. I think both Treadwell and Strong do. I could be putting too much stock in the measurables, but what I have seen of each guy supports my lean. We'll see.

Not sure I understand the Woods comparison. I know you aren't talking skill-set, but probably ceiling? But I don't see it. To me Woods was always the productive, polished, technical, athletically limited guy who would probably be a better NFL WR than fantasy WR. But maybe I'm remembering Woods more as a draft prospect and I'm forgetting how he was perceived when he originally broke out.

To me, Diggs is the athletic dynamo who has much better hands and ability to come down with contested balls than your normal YAC type, and he's also got deep ball ability. If we can talk ourselves into believing that Tavon Austin can thrive in the NFL and deserve a top-10 NFL draft slot (not saying he can't or doesn't), I don't see why Diggs can't be a 1st round pick. He's a more natural receiver than Tavon, and he's bigger, while being similarly dynamic.

So I don't see the comparison to Woods, and I understand shooting for the elite top-ten picks but I don't see anything wrong with "settling" for a safer guy like Diggs who DOES have a high ceiling himself, since I've watched some Treadwell and Strong cut-ups and don't see anything particularly special outside of the ideal, "correct" measurables for a WR1.

Not sure I understand the Woods comparison. I know you aren't talking skill-set, but probably ceiling?

But I don't see it. To me Woods was always the productive, polished, technical, athletically limited guy who would probably be a better NFL WR than fantasy WR. But maybe I'm remembering Woods more as a draft prospect and I'm forgetting how he was perceived when he originally broke out.

To me, Diggs is the athletic dynamo who has much better hands and ability to come down with contested balls than your normal YAC type, and he's also got deep ball ability. If we can talk ourselves into believing that Tavon Austin can thrive in the NFL and deserve a top-10 NFL draft slot (not saying he can't or doesn't), I don't see why Diggs can't be a 1st round pick. He's a more natural receiver than Tavon, and he's bigger.

So I don't see the comparison to Woods, and I understand shooting for the elite top-ten picks but I don't see anything wrong with "settling" for a safer guy like Diggs who DOES have a high ceiling himself, since I've watched some Treadwell and Strong cut-ups and don't see anything particularly special outside of the ideal, "correct" measurables for a WR1.
Woods was a 5 star prospect who put up big numbers right away at one of the most storied progams in the nation. There was a legitimate debate in devy community on Woods vs. Lee, and Woods was a consistent 1st round devy pick, based on my memory. An NFL team picked Woods early in the 2nd round and could very well go into next season with him as their #1. He's a very good football player, and I don't think it's an insult to Diggs to compare the two.

I don't see Diggs dominating at the NFL level. He could be a bigger Cobb, as I've read, but, even if we assume the comp accurate, where is Cobb in dynasty rankings if he played for another team? And the Cobb comp doesn't add up to me. Cobb still isn't polished as a WR, but is more dangerous in space than Diggs, imo.

Treadwell looks like a young Dez Bryan to me, which certainly qualifies as special. People will point to his stats, but they're a result of usage, which is a result of a noodle armed QB.

I'm aware that I'm higher on Strong that most. By a lot, actually. I like him more than Cooper, DGB, and Diggs, who consistantly go higher than him in devy drafts. I like his frame, speed, quickness, and production. He's a little raw at this stage, but the potential is there. Another year close to 80/1,100/8, while displaying a bit more polish, and I think he could be the first WR off the board.

Woods was a 5 star prospect who put up big numbers right away at one of the most storied progams in the nation. There was a legitimate debate in devy community on Woods vs. Lee, and Woods was a consistent 1st round devy pick, based on my memory. An NFL team picked Woods early in the 2nd round and could very well go into next season with him as their #1. He's a very good football player, and I don't think it's an insult to Diggs to compare the two.

I don't see Diggs dominating at the NFL level. He could be a bigger Cobb, as I've read, but, even if we assume the comp accurate, where is Cobb in dynasty rankings if he played for another team? And the Cobb comp doesn't add up to me. Cobb still isn't polished as a WR, but is more dangerous in space than Diggs, imo.
How familiar are you with Diggs? He was a 5 star prospect out of high school. Stepped in and made a huge impact as a freshman at Maryland. Earned 2nd team All-Freshman from CFN. There's some pretty good company on those teams with him.

Your description does not sound like him. I saw a lot of Woods at USC. He was a linear outside receiver. Minimal ability in space. No real wiggle or elusiveness. Not as springy. Diggs is a much more flexible, agile athlete. He can shake people all day in space. Runs really well in the open field. If he were a little bigger, he'd be an elite prospect. As it stands he probably won't fall out of the 2nd and could land in the 1st.

How familiar are you with Diggs? He was a 5 star prospect out of high school. Stepped in and made a huge impact as a freshman at Maryland. Earned 2nd team All-Freshman from CFN. There's some pretty good company on those teams with him.
I think you missed my point. I brought up Woods' 5* status and early production to compare him to Diggs, not to seperate him from him.

Your description does not sound like him.
Uh...what description?
Mainly saying that he's not as good in space as Cobb. Space is where Diggs does his best work.

Woods is not a good style comparison for Diggs. They have very little in common apart from being highly rated preps with below average bulk.

Of the USC receivers, Diggs is a lot closer to Lee. Both of them have that cat quickness punt returner elastic body thing going on.

Mainly saying that he's not as good in space as Cobb. Space is where Diggs does his best work.
I didn't suggest Diggs wasn't great in space. I said he's not Randall Cobb level. You're welcome to disagree, but it feels like a strawman, otherwise.

Woods is not a good style comparison for Diggs. They have very little in common apart from being highly rated preps with below average bulk.
I didn't compare them as players, in that regard. I said he feels like Woods and then went on to explain why. Essentially, I think he's a safe, talented WR being overvalued due to questionable WR1 upside; namely, lack of prototypical measurables. That statement applies to 2011 Robert Woods.

I don't think Diggs has to worry about any measurables besides H/W, which is why I didn't get the Woods comparison. Woods is a limited athlete. Diggs is only 6'0" as well but is a dynamic athlete.

I don't think Diggs has to worry about any measurables besides H/W, which is why I didn't get the Woods comparison. Woods is a limited athlete. Diggs is only 6'0" as well but is a dynamic athlete.
Again, my comparision to Woods was not based on playing style (or speed, or quickness, or open field ability).

I don't think Diggs has the WR1 (top 12) potential that Strong and Treadwell do. I've been wrong plenty of times in the past, and I certainly don't expect my opinion to mean much to people doing their own homework--but it's the conclusion that I've come to.

Again, my comparision to Woods was not based on playing style (or speed, or quickness, or open field ability).

I don't think Diggs has the WR1 (top 12) potential that Strong and Treadwell do. I've been wrong plenty of times in the past, and I certainly don't expect my opinion to mean much to people doing their own homework--but it's the conclusion that I've come to.
I respect your opinion, which is the reason I was digging deeper and trying to find the root of the comparison you were making--thanks for clearing it up, I clearly misunderstood part of your post.

It's good to get some discussion/debate going in here though, there isn't nearly enough devy talk here. I imagine it will increase over the years as more and more dynasty addicts dig for a deeper challenge. I saw some DLF guys pimping the devy format on twitter recently, that will catch some eyes in the broader dynasty community.

There's surprisingly little out there in the way of devy discussion/rankings/etc. At least not enough to give a well-rounded group of different sources. Its a format that lends itself to non-standard rankings and even more disagreement on prospects than usual, but still.

There's surprisingly little out there in the way of devy discussion/rankings/etc. At least not enough to give a well-rounded group of different sources. Its a format that lends itself to non-standard rankings and even more disagreement on prospects than usual, but still.
I can't speak for anyone else, but at this point I'm not too interested in non-devy leagues. There's just so much more flexibility and challenge. Plus you get two important offseason drafts every season compared with just one. The downside is that you have to keep up on a lot more players. There are times when I find myself watching cut-ups of some scrub at 1 AM wondering what I'm doing with my life. Haha.

I can't speak for anyone else, but at this point I'm not too interested in non-devy leagues. There's just so much more flexibility and challenge. Plus you get two important offseason drafts every season compared with just one. The downside is that you have to keep up on a lot more players. There are times when I find myself watching cut-ups of some scrub at 1 AM wondering what I'm doing with my life. Haha.
Yes, exacty. I find myself following the same trajectory as when I transitioned from re-draft to dynasty--it's not as interesting, the stakes aren't as high. I've found a new challenge, and I want to pursue that more.

It's not that I don't want to discuss or read about normal dynasty topics or players anymore, I do. So in that regard it's different from my re-draft transition, where I abandoned the format in favor of dynasty completely. But I feel I have "figured out" normal dynasty leagues, and it's no longer about learning but about executing, and keeping up on newer player values--it's about maintaining a knowledge base, not building one, which is far more exciting.

So I find myself craving knowledge about the unknown and new, that being devy discussion, rankings, articles, and prospect debate, and it's difficult to find. So I'm always excited when this thread is bumped.

I bet devy leagues explode in popularity in a couple years, once the normal dynasty market starts to become saturated and a little stale for experienced owners who don't want to mingle with less hard-core owners.

Yes, exacty. I find myself following the same trajectory as when I transitioned from re-draft to dynasty--it's not as interesting, the stakes aren't as high. I've found a new challenge, and I want to pursue that more.

It's not that I don't want to discuss or read about normal dynasty topics or players anymore, I do. So in that regard it's different from my re-draft transition, where I abandoned the format in favor of dynasty completely. But I feel I have "figured out" normal dynasty leagues, and it's no longer about learning but about executing, and keeping up on newer player values--it's about maintaining a knowledge base, not building one, which is far more exciting.

So I find myself craving knowledge about the unknown and new, that being devy discussion, rankings, articles, and prospect debate, and it's difficult to find. So I'm always excited when this thread is bumped.

I bet devy leagues explode in popularity in a couple years, once the normal dynasty market starts to become saturated and a little stale for experienced owners who don't want to mingle with less hard-core owners.
I'm with you guys. My 1st devy league was 5 years ago and i'm in 2 of them now. They're by far my favorite leagues(including ones with FBGs EBF, Coop, Xue, DexterDew, Kitrick Taylor, among others).

Users who are viewing this thread