Hipple, Long, Ware, & Peete

marijuana winning big at the polls. CO/MASS/wash pass

2,368 posts in this topic

As someone who lives in Colorado, it will be very interesting to see how this shakes out with respect to the federal gov...

States must bow to the federal will in democrat administrations. But hey you will still get free stuff behind bars so win win for liberals.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121106/METRO01/211060450/1409/METRO/Detroit-proposal-decriminalize-marijuana-winning-early-returnsVEMBER 6, 2012 AT 11:25 PMDetroit proposal to decriminalize marijuana winning in early returnsBY DARREN A. NICHOLS THE DETROIT NEWS 1 COMMENTSDetroit — A controversial city proposal that would allow residents to have small amounts of marijuana at home was winning in early voting returns Tuesday.With just over 1 percent of the city's precincts reporting, Proposal M was leading 65-35 percent.

A similar decrim ordinance passed in Grand Rapids. West Michigan is known for being quite a bit more conservative than the east side, but the city of GR itself is quite liberal. I was glad to see this not only pass, but pass in a pretty big way. Step in the right direction.

Biggest result of the night other than the presidential race.

Depends on what the federal government does. If they actually leave the states alone, let them set up the regulated system, and witness the results, this will be huge. If they make an example of these states and bust everything they can, I think it won't matter.

Not passing in Oregon. Surprising, but whatever. It's still easier to get here than herpes.

Why do you think it didn't pass, GM? Was it the way it was worded? Were there some funky caveats?I'm shocked it failed there. I thought Oregon would be the first.
Me too. Is Portland going to secece now?

Not passing in Oregon. Surprising, but whatever. It's still easier to get here than herpes.

Why do you think it didn't pass, GM? Was it the way it was worded? Were there some funky caveats?I'm shocked it failed there. I thought Oregon would be the first.
I know when it was up for recreational use in California recently a lot of people voted against it (particularly up North) because it was in their best financial interests to keep it illegal/medicinal.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121106/METRO01/211060450/1409/METRO/Detroit-proposal-decriminalize-marijuana-winning-early-returnsVEMBER 6, 2012 AT 11:25 PMDetroit proposal to decriminalize marijuana winning in early returnsBY DARREN A. NICHOLS THE DETROIT NEWS 1 COMMENTSDetroit — A controversial city proposal that would allow residents to have small amounts of marijuana at home was winning in early voting returns Tuesday.With just over 1 percent of the city's precincts reporting, Proposal M was leading 65-35 percent.

A similar decrim ordinance passed in Grand Rapids. West Michigan is known for being quite a bit more conservative than the east side, but the city of GR itself is quite liberal. I was glad to see this not only pass, but pass in a pretty big way. Step in the right direction.
I think these local elections in cash strapped cities send Avery strong message to politicians. The war on marijuana needs to end so that local law enforcement can focus on real criminals... and make boatloads of cash in the process.

I hope the Federal gov't lets this play out. If they don't intervene, I think it will be legal in more states than not within 10 years and the national law will be changed.

I'm too lazy and frankly not interested enough to read all the previous posts so forgive me if this has been discussed. Will it be controlled and sold like cigarettes (i.e. taxed)? If so will there be a stiffer penalty for black market marijuana or is this just making it legal to possess?

What is the stock play for this boom?

I don't know about a stock play, but I'd think ski properties in CO. would be a good place to invest. Coffeeshops in Vail? sign me up.

I'm too lazy and frankly not interested enough to read all the previous posts so forgive me if this has been discussed. Will it be controlled and sold like cigarettes (i.e. taxed)? If so will there be a stiffer penalty for black market marijuana or is this just making it legal to possess?

It will be handled like a state liquor store.

With addendum that individuals allowed 6 plants for personal use.

So when ya movin' HIpple?

Thinking it's time for a Green Acres reboot, where a city couple leave to start a pot farm in the country. The title really works in this case.

Thinking it's time for a Green Acres reboot, where a city couple leave to start a pot farm in the country. The title really works in this case.

Mr. Haney, Hank Kimball & Eb did seem pretty high most of the time.

So you will be able to light up in public? Restaurants? Bars, side walks,

I always get a kick out of the plant thing. You can have one ounce or 6 plants. Do they not know how many ounces come from one plant? Is it illegal to have couple of pounds of bud growing on your plant or curing in your basement?

Frankly, significant gains in legalization are being made much faster than I ever dreamed. Medical marijuana was a good first step, but really didn't force the Feds to reevaluate their stance. In my opinion, complete legalization noe forces the Feds to take a stance. I hope the Obama administration would make the right decision, but state's rights don't seem to be the prevailing philosophy of this administration.

I think these local elections in cash strapped cities send Avery strong message to politicians. The war on marijuana needs to end so that local law enforcement can focus on real criminals... and make boatloads of cash in the process.
OT, but it just occured to me that Avery Johnson's nickname should have been 'Big'.

So today, in the legalized states, are you able to light up in front of a cop or is there still of bunch of legislation before anything happens?

What is the stock play for this boom?

Linky
:goodposting: makers of Doritos. :thumbup:

So you will be able to light up in public? Restaurants? Bars, side walks,

No.

So today, in the legalized states, are you able to light up in front of a cop or is there still of bunch of legislation before anything happens?

Will be at least 30 days. Possession would be legal but not public use.

The big benefit for most, is if caught with an ounce or less nothing happens and you are allowed to grow your own. Up to 6 plants. Baby steps.

Edited by Mile High

The big benefit for most, is if caught with an ounce or less nothing happens and you are allowed to grow your own. Up to 6 plants. Baby steps.

As of right now? I thought it would take a bit of time to get laws changed.Stores able to start selling pipes and seeds?

In these states where recreational use is liberalizing under the law, judges and juries are simply going to become disinterested in hearing the cases and/or sentencing the convicted. After a while, no one will even notice what a normal part of the fabric of society it has become. And it won't matter what the feds do in the meantime; they're gonna lose interest, too, eventually.

As of right now? I thought it would take a bit of time to get laws changed.Stores able to start selling pipes and seeds?
I read it takes 30 days before it becomes law. 2014 before stores start selling. Right now in Colorado it's easy to get a medical marijuana card ($90) and buy from them. It's legal in the city of Denver to have an ounce or less right now, has been for a couple of years. You could still be busted by the state or county though.

Now the Nuggets can go out and compete for free agent with ease.

Haha, good point.

This is unbelievable, had no idea this was about to happen.

Now the Nuggets can go out and compete for free agent with ease.

Actually, No it doesn't. Employers can still have drug testing of their employees.

My Link

The initiative does not change the ability of employers to maintain their current employment policies, nor does it prevent them from creating whatever policies they see fit. If employers do not currently allow off-site marijuana use by employees, they can continue to prohibit it if Amendment 64 is adopted.

In these states where recreational use is liberalizing under the law, judges and juries are simply going to become disinterested in hearing the cases and/or sentencing the convicted. After a while, no one will even notice what a normal part of the fabric of society it has become. And it won't matter what the feds do in the meantime; they're gonna lose interest, too, eventually.

:goodposting: It simply going to be a matter of time before a solid majority of the country realizes that legal marijuana won't destroy the fabric of society and will also save taxpayers money.

My big question...is this the excuse Obama needs to tell the DEA to back off of raids? Politically I think he could now make the case that with some many states passing legal marijuana laws that the DEA's time and money could better spent elsewhere.

So only members of the Denver Broncos can get high now and Goddell cannot suspend them?