Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badmojo1006

Why ESPN is the worst in one screenshot

81 posts in this topic

So what did they decide?

If you are watching Stephen A. Smith or Skip Bayless on television, you're doing it wrong.

Lol are they every embarrassed by talking about nonsense for long?

Stephen A is a yeller

He has actually dialed it back a lot yet still annoying.

I wonder if First Take analysts and guests are all not allowed to mention Troy Aikman. :lol:

I wonder if First Take analysts and guests are all not allowed to mention Troy Aikman. :lol:

Why?

I know it's probably not en vogue to say it here, but I really enjoy Stephen A. I used to hate on him but somehow he won me over.

I actually enjoy watching first take over my noon hour. I like it more for the humor I find in two idiots arguing, but it is good down time from work.

If you are watching Stephen A. Smith or Skip Bayless on television, you're doing it wrong.

My kids only watch YouTube and now I know why.Peace

Who is their audience anyway? Unemployed folks?

I stopped with First Take about a year ago because every ####### day they spend at least 10 minutes on Tebow. Even in the summer. When everyone else was talking about Tebow it was half the show. Lebron is a close #2.

Who is their audience anyway? Unemployed folks?

We get it on the west coast at 7amAnd there's the audio podcast

My kids only watch YouTube and now I know why.Peace
If you're paying any attention whatsoever to Stephen A. Smith or Skip Bayless, you're doing it wrong. How's that?

Bayless is a pile of poo. He probably writes a weekly troll newletter.

Just saw Stuart Scott rapping the Lakers/OKC highlights while standing in a dark spot with a microphone on a podium. WTF?

Why?
From wikipedia:

In 1989, Bayless wrote God's Coach, about the rise and fall of Tom Landry's Dallas Cowboys. Following the Cowboys' Super Bowl victory in 1993, Bayless wrote The Boys, and following a third Cowboys Super Bowl win in four seasons, Bayless wrote the third and final book of his Cowboys trilogy, Hell-Bent: The Crazy Truth About the "Win or Else" Dallas Cowboys. Hell-Bent caused a stir over Bayless' speculation, without providing any evidence, that Cowboy's quarterback Troy Aikman was gay.

Who is their audience anyway?

When you factor in the very attractive black host and the hop hop music they now feature, their target audience is not hard to figure out.

Just saw Stuart Scott rapping the Lakers/OKC highlights while standing in a dark spot with a microphone on a podium. WTF?

I like Stuart Scott. But I agree, I'm not sure what's going on with the rapping.

I like Stuart Scott. But I agree, I'm not sure what's going on with the rapping.
So you're the one.

So you're the one.
Didn't he just start another round of chemo?

ESPN has 35000+ hours of TV to fill each year. This is just further proof that they have more TV time than the sports they cover can warrant. If they don't make stories, what would they show?

When he goes to the CFL next year will they still cover him?

I stopped with First Take about a year ago because every ####### day they spend at least 10 minutes on Tebow. Even in the summer. When everyone else was talking about Tebow it was half the show. Lebron is a close #2.

The over the top Tebow stuff is reportedly a source of frustration for a lot of the talent at ESPN, but then they're showing the ratings numbers and they lose the argument.

I watch Skip Bayless to laugh at his amazingly wrong predictions.How'd that Tim Tebow prediction work out for you Skip?

ESPN= FOX NewsI dont get people who watch either.

Different. FOX is watched by people who want to watch FOXESPN is pretty much a monopoly. Even if you hate it you watch it.

There are so many things that could be put in this thread I don't know where to begin......Chris Berman (Schtick got old 25 years ago), Stuart Scott (annoying, annoying, annoying & talks like he is in the hood constantly) Scott Van Pelt(doesn't know a damn thing about sports, just spews what everone else says). And they all basically think they are comedians and actors.

There are so many things that could be put in this thread I don't know where to begin......Chris Berman (Schtick got old 25 years ago), Stuart Scott (annoying, annoying, annoying & talks like he is in the hood constantly) Scott Van Pelt(doesn't know a damn thing about sports, just spews what everone else says). And they all basically think they are comedians and actors.

you didn't even mention Kenny Mayne

SVP is solidone of the only people there worth watching

I like SVP & even Kenny Mayne.ones I don't:BermanScottHogeSmithWilbonBaylessKeyshawnmost of ATH.

ESPN= FOX News

I dont get people who watch either.

Different. FOX is watched by people who want to watch FOX

ESPN is pretty much a monopoly. Even if you hate it you watch it.

Not me.

I watch it for live sporting events that I'm interested in seeing and occasionally a show like 30 for 30 (depending on the topic). Other than that, I don't really watch it.

ESPN= FOX News

I dont get people who watch either.

Different. FOX is watched by people who want to watch FOX

ESPN is pretty much a monopoly. Even if you hate it you watch it.

Not me.

I watch it for live sporting events that I'm interested in seeing and occasionally a show like 30 for 30 (depending on the topic). Other than that, I don't really watch it.

ESPN is so powerful, I think we are influenced, whether we watch or not. They shape the landscape of sports, whether you watch or not.

as a hockey fan who doesn't care much for baseball or basketball, there are very few reasons for me to watch ESPN apart from live sporting events.

I'd like to figure out how to get their bottom line to run on other stations.

I'd like to figure out how to get their bottom line to run on other stations.

This is something I've thought about. I'd pay an extra buck or two on my cable bill each month to have the Bottom Line run on other stations. It would be nice to have while watching a game or suffering through HGTV or Bravo with the wife.

So you're the one.
Admittedly, when I first started watching, I was very young, but I still think he's pretty good. In fairness, the cable plan I have now doesn't have ESPN, which means that it's officially a hassle whenever I try to find Detroit sports results in south Florida.

forget Skip Clueless and Stephen A Loudmouth...whats up with the Charlie Villanueva tattoo - My link