What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 FBG PDSL 1 Comments Thread (1 Viewer)

Even though I should not talk.

I made a big mistake in the Flacco pick

I much rather have Finley or Olsen over Pettigrew(not to mention my 3rd Lion which might be bad) and could have done with Rivers or Bradford maybe instead as my backup QB. Went to change my predraft as I got my email but was minutes late.

Oh well.

Still happy with my QB(Stafford, Flacco) and WR combos(Calvin, Andre, Wallace). TE will need more but there is guys out there I like. RB will be shotgun approach again,. I will draft 4 more and hope to hit on one per week score.

Pretty risky on Geno.

Cutler/Bradford would have been decent.

I like Big Ben and WR now over Geno/Alexander and it is not really close.

Big Ben/Bradford wouild have done the trick also.
We'll see. Bottom Line here, I wanted to test something and see how it works. If Cutler or Tannehill had fallen, I'd be extremely pleased with the plan.

ETA: isn't the whole concept behind these to test different theories and see how they play out? I think we've gone away from that into making these actual leagues we care about, and less "mock drafts". Not that that's a bad thing, but I've never waited on QB, wanted to try it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty risky on Geno.

Cutler/Bradford would have been decent.

I like Big Ben and WR now over Geno/Alexander and it is not really close.

Big Ben/Bradford wouild have done the trick also.
We'll see. Bottom Line here, I wanted to test something and see how it works. If Cutler or Tannehill had fallen, I'd be extremely pleased with the plan.

ETA: isn't the whole concept behind these to test different theories and see how they play out? I think we've gone away from that into making these actual leagues we care about, and less "mock drafts". Not that that's a bad thing, but I've never waited on QB, wanted to try it out.
I love the wait on QB theory this year. 6th/7th would be good. 7th/8th in 16 team league seems to be pushing it but it looked like that with WSL where I went 5th/6th and came out very pleased.

I think I would not have minded your theory if you took a chance on Carson Palmer instead of Geno Smith. Than grab a 3rd QB later on for a flyer. Not sure how long Geno Very Small hands Smith would last

1.05 Rice, Ray BAL RB 2.12 Hernandez, Aaron NEP TE 3.05 Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR 4.12 Luck, Andrew IND QB 5.05 Blackmon, Justin JAC WR 6.12 Wright, Kendall TEN WR 7.05 Dalton, Andy CIN QB 8.12 Bernard, Giovani FA RB 9.05 Hartline, Brian MIA WR

Taking a TE early really hampers any efforts to have a smooth draft. Looking back, I'd have been much happier with Chris Johnson in the 2nd and some shlub TE in the 8th. Same with Luck, could have went any number of options at RB/WR there and been happy with a 6/7 QB turn.

Not being a fan of M Wallace I passed on him for Blackmon and went Hartline later, at least something is going according to plan. Not that it is a good plan or anything. Hopefully I can land the next Alferd Morris in the late rounds.

B Freeman/Locker (7th and 9th)

RB Spiller/McFadden (1st and 2nd)

WR Welker, Smith, Austin, Jeffery (3,5,6,8)

TE Gonzalez (4th)

Still glad I went RB/RB as I'm much happier with Austin as my #3 WR than I would have been with what was available in the 3rd or 4th round as a #2 RB. We'll see if that plays out though.

QB I was hoping to do a bit better there, but the QB run continued too deep for anyone I was hoping that would fall to me in the 8th. I may have been able to wait on Locker, but I wanted to make sure I had two NFL starters (they are still both NFL starters, right?) :)

B Freeman/Locker (7th and 9th)

RB Spiller/McFadden (1st and 2nd)

WR Welker, Smith, Austin, Jeffery (3,5,6,8)

TE Gonzalez (4th)

Still glad I went RB/RB as I'm much happier with Austin as my #3 WR than I would have been with what was available in the 3rd or 4th round as a #2 RB. We'll see if that plays out though.

QB I was hoping to do a bit better there, but the QB run continued too deep for anyone I was hoping that would fall to me in the 8th. I may have been able to wait on Locker, but I wanted to make sure I had two NFL starters (they are still both NFL starters, right?) :)
Love Gonzo in the 4th. Your team is too similar to mine. It'll be interesting to see how we both do with weakness at QB.

Not thrilled with my half-### WR corps at all, but we'll see if it can get pulled together. I'm just blown away by how fast everything has gone and how few issues there have been.

Not thrilled with my half-### WR corps at all, but we'll see if it can get pulled together. I'm just blown away by how fast everything has gone and how few issues there have been.
never experienced a draft that has gone as great as this...the rythm has been amazing....people holding up their end of the bargain is much appreciated....nice work boys....cheers to all of you ... :banned:

Here is my team at the half way point of the draft:

5.14 Eli Manning QB NYG

6.03 Ben Roethlisberger QB PIT

I waited on QB as long as possible. I felt like I had to get two QB's at the 5 & 6 turn because with me picking so early in the 6th round I had no idea when a QB run would start and I didn't want to be stuck with garbage while waiting so long in between picks. I don't hink you have to have great QB's to win the survivor leagues but you have to have good ones at least and I think I got two good ones that combined should get me a really good score each week, plus cover the bye week well, unless they have the same bye week.

4.03 Reggie Bush RB DET

7.14 Mark Ingram RB NO

10.03 Fred Jackson RB BUF

I waited until the 4th round to grab my first RB. The value at the TE and WR positions kept on making me bypass the RB position but I couldn't wait any longer because the RB position was starting to dry up. I must admit I was VERY happy to land Reggie Bush in the 4th. I thought he might go early to mid 3rd. Reggie is on a offense that can put up some points so that should open some holes for him. Between Mark Ingram and Fred Jackson I should be able to get a decent RB 2 score each week. I think Fred Jackson is really undervalued this year. The Bills have crap at the QB position so the Bills should be running the ball alot.

2.03 Julio Jones WR ATL

3.14 Vincent Jackson WR TB

8.03 Anquan Boldin WR SF

9.14 Greg Little WR CLE

I feel good about my WR's. Went WR early in rounds 2 and 3 and felt I got a couple of very good ones in Julio Jones and Vincent Jackson. I waited a long while to get my third WR but I got Boldin who may not be spectacular, however he is steady and will get me nice WR3 numbers most weeks. I have high hopes for Greg Little in the new offense coming to Cleveland. Greg Little actually played really well near the end of the season putting up some decent scores. I should get a few scoring weeks from him probably switching off with Boldin as my #3 WR score each week and fill in nice for bye weeks.

1.14 Jimmy Graham TE NO

What can I say here, STUD. With the 2pts per reception it was impossible for me to pass on one of the top TE's in the game in Jimmy Graham. I was actually shocked he was still there, matter of fact I was shocked that none of the TE's were taken up too that point. Usually Jimmy Graham and Gronkowski are gone before the end of round 1 usually going somewhere in the middle of the 1st.

Surprised to see Jacoby Jones climb so high. I picked him up in the 17th in WSL, but the situation in Baltimore has changed.

Actually, with the exception of Forte (one spot lower because I didn't pick him) and Ponder, all of my WSL picks seem to be going higher here. :)

Krsone - I like your team even if your RBs are risky as a group. Bush could have a career year in Detroit playing the role of "Sproles-North". I think LeShoure gets the bulk of the carries, but Bush will have room to run after short catches as Calvin opens things up.

9.16 Mikel LeShoure - as above, I think he gets the bulk of the carries and hopefully scores a slew of TDs.

10.01 Brian Quick - Didn't do much as a rookie, but I have hopes for this kid. He's a target of mine in dynasty leagues. Pure upside pick. Almost went with Austin here, but despite my pick of Geno, I'm actually slightly adverse to selecting rookies in redrafts.

Checking in from PDSL3 ... if only to say that it never ceases to amaze me how three sets of people, from the same FF site, looking at the same rosters, and presumably drawing from the same sets of data, can come to such wildly different conclusions about value:

4.03 Reggie Bush RB DET
You know who went at that exact 4.03 spot in PDSL3? Eddie Lacy. :mellow:

Bush was gone at 2.11 in PDSL3, while Lacy went 7.01 in PDSL1. So the value of those guys is somewhere between functionally equivalent and, ummm, five rounds apart.

BTW, KRS-1, looking at your draft so far makes me feel a lot better about mine. Instead of the stud NO TE I've got the stud NO QB, but otherwise our teams are almost identical, and I love the way yours has rounded out to this point.

Surprised to see Jacoby Jones climb so high. I picked him up in the 17th in WSL, but the situation in Baltimore has changed.

Actually, with the exception of Forte (one spot lower because I didn't pick him) and Ponder, all of my WSL picks seem to be going higher here. :)
don't read too much into the Jones pick....I may have seperated my shoulder reaching on that one...I also got him late in WSL...honestly I have zero justification other then just the fact that I liked him better then anything else I really saw at the time...(one other guy but am hoping he makes it back)...I felt I needed to go WR with that pick...while I wouldn't be surprised if he is on the field a ton as a WR2/3 whatever...I also wouldn't be surprised if he falls back into a situational role...Boldin's gone and as of this writing Jones is WR2 on the depth chart....if nothing else, I also liked his speed/big play ability which can allow him to score for you in these leagues on few catches/opportunities.... :football:

5.14 Eli Manning QB NYG

I waited on QB as long as possible. I felt like I had to get two QB's at the 5 & 6 turn because with me picking so early in the 6th round I had no idea when a QB run would start and I didn't want to be stuck with garbage while waiting so long in between picks. I don't hink you have to have great QB's to win the survivor leagues but you have to have good ones at least and I think I got two good ones that combined should get me a really good score each week, plus cover the bye week well, unless they have the same bye week.

4.03 Reggie Bush RB DET

7.14 Mark Ingram RB NO

I waited until the 4th round to grab my first RB. The value at the TE and WR positions kept on making me bypass the RB position but I couldn't wait any longer because the RB position was starting to dry up. I must admit I was VERY happy to land Reggie Bush in the 4th. I thought he might go early to mid 3rd. Reggie is on a offense that can put up some points so that should open some holes for him. Between Mark Ingram and Fred Jackson I should be able to get a decent RB 2 score each week. I think Fred Jackson is really undervalued this year. The Bills have crap at the QB position so the Bills should be running the ball alot.

2.03 Julio Jones WR ATL

8.03 Anquan Boldin WR SF

9.14 Greg Little WR CLE

I feel good about my WR's. Went WR early in rounds 2 and 3 and felt I got a couple of very good ones in Julio Jones and Vincent Jackson. I waited a long while to get my third WR but I got Boldin who may not be spectacular, however he is steady and will get me nice WR3 numbers most weeks. I have high hopes for Greg Little in the new offense coming to Cleveland. Greg Little actually played really well near the end of the season putting up some decent scores. I should get a few scoring weeks from him probably switching off with Boldin as my #3 WR score each week and fill in nice for bye weeks.

1.14 Jimmy Graham TE NO

What can I say here, STUD. With the 2pts per reception it was impossible for me to pass on one of the top TE's in the game in Jimmy Graham. I was actually shocked he was still there, matter of fact I was shocked that none of the TE's were taken up too that point. Usually Jimmy Graham and Gronkowski are gone before the end of round 1 usually going somewhere in the middle of the 1st.
like it a lot

Halfway Home:

Like in the WSL I went into this draft wanting to focus on trying to get players from what I consider high scoring offenses. I also tend to lock in on players and so my rosters sometimes look pretty similar in these preseason drafts, especially if I am in similar areas of the draft order which I kind of was here (14 in WSL 11 PDSL). I have been holding back some frustrations so far as I have repeatedly been sniped, often painfully in the picks right before mine.

1.11 Aaron Rodgers QB2 GB

7.11 Michael Vick QB19 PHI

Rodgers pick was either him, Gronk, or McCoy. Charles scares me and Im not sure what to expect in CLE with Richardson. In the end I went conservative with Gronk having a bad arm and McCoy having a higher chance of getting hurt then Rodgers. I also think Gronk may come back down to earth as teams will focus on making NE do something else. I realize to a certain point he is unstoppable, but I think teams might start figuring out a way to contain him. Looked at my WSL draft where I also have Rodgers and really hated the way I waited to back him up with Sanchez in the last round. Commented several times in that draft how I thought Vick would have been a solid second option for many teams and thought he represented some value. He fell here as well and decided his big game upside is a nice compliment to a guy like Rodgers. I think Vick is being undervalued big time and should be starter worthy in a 16 team league. As QB19 I just couldnt see passing on him in the late 7th. I should be pretty solid here.

2.06 Steven Jackson RB12 ATL

3.11 Stevan Ridley RB17 NE

Jacksons ADP will probably continue to rise as we get closer to the season. Actually it may stay where it is right about now in these drafts. I think 12 is probably about right although personally I prefer him over some of the guys taken ahead of him. This seems like it could be one of those potential situations where you look back and say the writing was on the wall, we should have seen this coming. Honestly I will be disappointed if he doesnt have a monster year. You couldnt ask for a better situation. Too many weapons on this team for teams to focus solely on containing him. Im buying in on Ridley being the man. 1200/12 TDs last year, pretty solid RB2. And the TDs were kind of spread out, not just one or two monster games. When he was still available at the end of the third it made me divert from my usual strategy in these of waiting on RBs. Almost took Vincent Jackson but knew Ridley wouldnt make it back. Ridley finished as RB15 in this last year so RB17 seems good and Woodhead is gone. Two lead RBs on two high scoring teams.

4.06 Danny Amendola WR20 NE

5.11 James Jones WR30 GB

6.06 Steve Smith WR36 CAR

10.06 Jacoby Jones WR58 BAL

Compared to most of the other WR units in this league, this is kind of a rag tag bunch. Amendola should get a ton action. Decker was an option but the Welker signing has me concerned about his numbers. Garcons feet are still bad. Bowe plays for KC and is on another QB. Ill take the guy on a good offense with Brady throwing the ball and two monster TEs drawing some attention. James Jones is WR1 or WR1A depending on how you look at it. Steve Smith is old but still productive and the #1 target. Jacoby, all I can say is I like where he is at right now. He went much later in the WSLs but I was concerned there might be another owner that also kind of looked at his situation and maybe thought that where he went in the WSLs may have been too late. I just liked him better than anybody else at the time. Sniped here big time by picks of: DHB, Djax, Boldin, Jennings. This unit could be reach city

8.06 Antonio Gates TE18 SD

9.11 Dwayne Allen TE22 IND

I was targeting Davis, Finley, or Cook. Misplayed the timing on Davis and Finley, but thought I had Cook in the bag in the 8th because I thought there was no way that Duckboy would go TE2 in the 8th with only one RB on board, but he did. That one hurt. Gates is an old but decent consolation prize and should outplay TE18. Allen was always going to be my TE2.

Great pace boys..

Team Holloway at the half way point

5.03 Tony Romo QB #12 Dallas

7.03 Philip Rivers QB #16 SD

In what I expect to be a continuing theme for 2013, I tried to be patient and wait to get QBs. Outside of one season (2010) when Romo missed ten games, he has finished in the top ten every year since 07 and has four seasons over 4,000 yards. He averages right around 30 passing TDs per year and has multiple targets at his disposal, Like the value of Romo at #12. As my second QB, I went with Rivers, who folks are considerably down on after his sub-par performance a year ago, and I agree it was not good. However, he does have five of seven years starting ranking in the top ten and has four seasons passing for over 4,000 yards. Rivers throws a few less TDs than Romo, but is averaging 29 for the past five seasons.

1.03 Arian Foster RB #2 Houston

2.14 Chris Johnson RB #15 Tennessee

I was fortunate to have a high draft slot and in my opinion, with the lack of three down running backs today in the NFL, you have to spend that high pick on a top flight running back. I was even more fortunate that Foster fell to the third pick. Similarly, at the bottom of the second round I was expecting to go wide receiver, but was compelled to grab Johnson as my second running back when he fell. I am extremely glad to have two top running backs that are frequently targeted in the passing game at the top of my roster. Depth will be a challenge as I have waited patiently while adding players at other positions.

3.03 Hakeem Nicks WR #12 NYG

4.14 Dwayne Bowe WR #21 KC

8.14 Michael Floyd WR #47 Arizona

9.03 Sidney Rice WR #49 Seattle

I am not having warm and fuzzies over my wide receivers at this point in the draft. There is tremendous potential and talent, but also a lot of injury risk with this crew. Nicks has two seasons, where he finished top 12, even while missing games, but he has missed an average of two games for each of his four seasons in the league. Bowe has not had the injury issues as much as Nicks, but he has missed some games. His consistency is troublesome though. His best year was #2 in 2010, but has only managed two other seasons in the top 20. KC wanted him back and I hope that as the most talented Chief WR, he sees abundant targets and sees about 80 receptions for 1,100 yards. Floyd started slowly, but had three double digit target games from week 8 on. In those nine games, he had 37 catches for 471 yards and 1 TD. He will definitely have improved quarterback play this year. Sidney Rice is another talented wide receiver that has only had one really good year. The Seahawk’s seemed to be letting their rookie QB loose in the playoffs, so even though the team added Percy Harvin, there may be opportunities for Rice to post several big games and he will definitely see less coverage on deep routes with Harvin around.

6.14 Jermichael Finley TE #11 GB

10.14 Brent Celek TE #23 Philadelphia

I think that I got great value at tight end. Finley is capable and the Packers kept him so he still has Aaron Rodgers throwing his way. After having 5 and 8 TDs in his best two seasons, he only has two last year and therefore fell back in the rankings. Celek seems to consistently catch around 60 passes, so we will see what happens with Kelly in town. His worse finish over the past four years was #22 last year and he missed a game and had only 1 TD. I definitely got value at TE #23.

Half way Point

4.11 Matt Stafford

6.11 Joe Flacco

Pretty happy with this combo but I did screw this up as should have waited till 7th for my 2nd QB. Stafford I think was nice value at 4.11 and I prefer him to many of the QB's drafted ahead of him. If he was not there, I might have waited till 5th/6th or if I had known what might happen than 6th/7th to grab Flacco/Cutler combo. But Drew made it a no brainer

3.6 Maurice Drew-Jones

8.11 Rashard Mendenhall

I dont mind this combo and feel I can still get lots of value to go with them in the later rounds. Mendy has chance to be starter and with Palmer there now, should be okay. If MJD is healthy he could be a nice steal especially compared to other 2 SL's. I am better here than I usually am

1.6 Calvin Johnson

2.11 Andre Johnson

5.6 MIke Wallace

10.11 Malcolm Floyd

I think this is the best core in the league. Huge stud in Calvin and another great one in Calvin. Wallace being a home run hitter should be nice in this format and picked up Floyd for a vet who could be consistent and give me 4 or 5 weeks of scoring. Really like what is going on here

7.6 Brandon Pettigrew

9.6 Dustin Keller

I screwed the pooch and would much rather have Finley or OLsen over Pettigrew. Brandon is okay and like the pairing with Keller but would have loved either of the other two. ONe bad thing, is I am heavily invested in Detroit which might be an issue but feel I have good backups for each at this point.

I like this team overall. It is almost going like I would want from the get go. Just wish Forte had dropped to 2.11 and than grabbed a Nelson, Crabtree type of guy in the 3rd would have been nice also but MJD/Andre is not bad either. Of course the pre-draft screwup but no one can fault me for holding up a draft. 6 minutes total on clock. I love using MFL for this reason

Rodgers pick was either him, Gronk, or McCoy.
Thanks for dropping the other two to me. Would have loved Rogers of course.

Allen was always going to be my TE2.
:no: If I had had a higher pick, Allen would have been a target for me. Big fan.

Checking in from PDSL3 ... if only to say that it never ceases to amaze me how three sets of people, from the same FF site, looking at the same rosters, and presumably drawing from the same sets of data, can come to such wildly different conclusions about value:

4.03 Reggie Bush RB DET
You know who went at that exact 4.03 spot in PDSL3? Eddie Lacy. :mellow:

Bush was gone at 2.11 in PDSL3, while Lacy went 7.01 in PDSL1. So the value of those guys is somewhere between functionally equivalent and, ummm, five rounds apart.

BTW, KRS-1, looking at your draft so far makes me feel a lot better about mine. Instead of the stud NO TE I've got the stud NO QB, but otherwise our teams are almost identical, and I love the way yours has rounded out to this point.
Thank you Mr. Irrelevant. Now I just need to add the right depth guys that will hopefully keep me in till the end. I wanted to try something a little different this survivor league. Lately it seems like I try to grab one of the stud QB's early. So I wanted to see how my team would look if I waited until the 5th & 6th round turn to grab two QB's while grabbing a stud TE early.

Finally have a few minutes to discuss where things are for me, and my thoughts so far.

1.04 - Doug Martin, RB, TB - Thought about both Ray Rice and Calvin Johnson, but wanted a stud RB1 with no threat from a handcuff / backup (pre-draft at least) and felt I could build WRs later.

2.13 - Victor Cruz, WR, NYG - The guy gets open and scores TDs, and they just lost their TE and Bradshaw, so the targets are likely to at worst stay the same and likely go up. I see Cruz hitting 80/1300/9 this year, which is a solid WR1 here. (note - saw that NYG added Myers, but still like Cruz)

3.04 - Peyton Manning, QB, DEN - Wanted a stud QB so I could wait for my second QB to pick up WR/TE/RB values as they fell in Rounds 4-8. Manning was a great value at 3.04. Also knew I could wait at 2.13 for QB as Brees was gone, so my list of 3 QBs would not be all gone.

4.13 - Jonathan Stewart, RB, CAR - This was an interesting pick for me. Normally I wait for RB2, but I saw value in Stewart (I think DeAngelo leaves / is cut, opening the door for Stewart even further) and the WRs available at 4.13 were all about even for me, so could wait around the turn.

5.04 - Antonio Brown, WR, PIT - Love grabbing a WR on a team that lacks for a good ground game (and has issues at TE too). Brown should put up very strong numbers with Big Ben. Also considered Torrey Smith, but TEs and RBs make more grabs for Flacco. Brown will get 120+ targets easy.

6.13 - Denarius Moore, WR, OAK - Struggled a bit with the WR3 pick, but Moore will start for Oakland with DHB gone (another nice value pick that was scooped up). I like him with Matt Flynn too, and now Myers is gone, so more targets for Moore.

7.04 - Greg Olsen, TE, CAR - Always tend to lean towards TEs who are the #2 option or better for teams, and Olsen put up strong numbers last year with the second-most targets for the Panthers. I don't like Carolina's WR options after Steve Smith, so Olsen is a great option for a TE1.

8.13 - Matt Flynn, QB, OAK - Love this guy as a QB2, especially with Peyton Manning. Flynn will face SD and KC twice each and has good targets at WR, plus a solid back who can catch and run. Flynn is the clear starter for Oakland and I have him above Carson Palmer (will get pounded behind that AZ O-line).

9.04 - Brandon Lloyd, WR, FA - Who knows where he lands, but a solid value pick with big play upside. Wild card pick. Would have considered T. Austin if he fell.

10.13 - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Rookie - another wild card pick, but the rookie is my WR5. Didn't like other options, as E. Sanders was scooped up early (good pick), so why not take a top rookie WR who is likely a first round pick? Considered Broyles for DET, but he's likely a PUP candidate and didn't want to throw away 6 weeks.

11.04 - Seattle Defense / ST - Not in love with positional options, so took the team I feel is the clear #1 choice. Between the performance of the Seahawks on defense last year, Percy Harvin now returning kicks and facing Arizona twice a year, I like them to finish far atop the defense list.

Team:

QB - Peyton Manning, Matt Flynn

RB - Doug Martin, Jonathan Stewart

WR - Victor Cruz, Antonio Brown, Denarius Moore, Brandon Lloyd, Cordarrelle Patterson

TE - G. Olsen

K -

D - Seattle

Actually feeling pretty good about this group.

7.16 112. FUBAR Bradford, Sam STL QB Thu Apr 4 11:41:29 a.m. ET 2013 QB22
8.01 113. FUBAR Smith, Geno FA QB ® Thu Apr 4 12:03:14 p.m. ET 2013 QB23
- If Geno starts, I like his chances to greatly exceed his draft slot. Big risk of course. Bradford was the #20 QB last year, OL got better and added JCook who I expect him to use more than the Titans did. His WRs aren't stellar, but they're a young talented group who should improve. I like the chances for these two to both be QB1 caliber in this league, which isn't great but should be okay. Easily my weakest position.

1.16 16. FUBAR McCoy, LeSean PHI RB Mon Apr 1 5:02:49 p.m. ET 2013 RB10
4.01 49. FUBAR Sproles, Darren NOS RB Tue Apr 2 5:27:20 p.m. ET 2013 RB20
9.16 144. FUBAR Leshoure, Mikel DET RB Thu Apr 4 8:35:32 p.m. ET 2013 RB38
11.16 176. FUBAR Brown, Bryce PHI RB Sat Apr 6 6:25:26 a.m. ET 2013 RB49
- Big fan of this group. Bryce is just insurance for McCoy but could score some even if McCoy stays healthy. Sproles is a stud in PPR even if he isn't a text book RB, LeShoure is the thunder in Detroit and McCoy just a stud. Don't think I'll have problems scoring from this position.

3.16 48. FUBAR Colston, Marques NOS WR Tue Apr 2 4:46:53 p.m. ET 2013 WR19
5.16 80. FUBAR Gordon, Josh CLE WR Wed Apr 3 10:28:50 a.m. ET 2013 WR32
6.01 81. FUBAR Alexander, Danario SDC WR Wed Apr 3 10:41:31 a.m. ET 2013 WR33
10.01 145. FUBAR Quick, Brian STL WR Thu Apr 4 8:51:06 p.m. ET 2013 WR56
12.01 177. FUBAR Sanu, Mohamed CIN WR Sat Apr 6 6:35:02 a.m. ET 2013 WR69
- Not bad for waiting until the end of round 3 to grab my WR1. I've said it before, but Colston is a WR1, always seems undervalued. The rest of these guys looked pretty good when they played, although two of them are injury risks. I expect Quick to be Bradford's #2 and Sanu to benefit from playing across the 2nd best WR in the game. Marv likes him and he should be the #2. I normally like to have more than one proven / safe play here, but I went upside-heavy after waiting.

2.01 17. FUBAR Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE Mon Apr 1 5:04:13 p.m. ET 2013 TE2
- What needs to be said here? Some injury concerns, and maybe the league figures him out. But with Welker leaving, Amendola could step up, but targets shouldn't decrease for Gronk at the worst.

Overall I have some injury concerns and a rookie QB who isn't Luck or RG3 is always a big risk. Still, I'm pretty happy with this group.

Stinkin Ref said:
6.06 Steve Smith WR36 CAR

Steve Smith is old but still productive and the #1 target.
I just popped in from PDSL3 to see where Steve went in you guys' draft, as I was pretty shocked to get him around this same place (WR35, I think). Sure, he is a year older, but finished WR19 (FBG scoring) last year with only 4 TDs. Are people expecting less than 70 rec and/or less than 4 TDs next year? If this is his value in August, I don't see how he's not on every one of my teams. He was off my radar going into this draft (my preliminary game plan had me drafting Britt at WR3). I figured Smith would be going somewhere in the early 20's, but I can't ignore his value in the 30's.

Stinkin Ref said:
6.06 Steve Smith WR36 CAR Steve Smith is old but still productive and the #1 target.
I just popped in from PDSL3 to see where Steve went in you guys' draft, as I was pretty shocked to get him around this same place (WR35, I think). Sure, he is a year older, but finished WR19 (FBG scoring) last year with only 4 TDs. Are people expecting less than 70 rec and/or less than 4 TDs next year? If this is his value in August, I don't see how he's not on every one of my teams. He was off my radar going into this draft (my preliminary game plan had me drafting Britt at WR3). I figured Smith would be going somewhere in the early 20's, but I can't ignore his value in the 30's.
You are probably right, but he will be 34 and i wonder if the wheels will come off.

Finally have a few minutes to discuss where things are for me, and my thoughts so far. 1.04 - Doug Martin, RB, TB - Thought about both Ray Rice and Calvin Johnson, but wanted a stud RB1 with no threat from a handcuff / backup (pre-draft at least) and felt I could build WRs later. 2.13 - Victor Cruz, WR, NYG - The guy gets open and scores TDs, and they just lost their TE and Bradshaw, so the targets are likely to at worst stay the same and likely go up. I see Cruz hitting 80/1300/9 this year, which is a solid WR1 here. (note - saw that NYG added Myers, but still like Cruz) 3.04 - Peyton Manning, QB, DEN - Wanted a stud QB so I could wait for my second QB to pick up WR/TE/RB values as they fell in Rounds 4-8. Manning was a great value at 3.04. Also knew I could wait at 2.13 for QB as Brees was gone, so my list of 3 QBs would not be all gone. 4.13 - Jonathan Stewart, RB, CAR - This was an interesting pick for me. Normally I wait for RB2, but I saw value in Stewart (I think DeAngelo leaves / is cut, opening the door for Stewart even further) and the WRs available at 4.13 were all about even for me, so could wait around the turn. 5.04 - Antonio Brown, WR, PIT - Love grabbing a WR on a team that lacks for a good ground game (and has issues at TE too). Brown should put up very strong numbers with Big Ben. Also considered Torrey Smith, but TEs and RBs make more grabs for Flacco. Brown will get 120+ targets easy. 6.13 - Denarius Moore, WR, OAK - Struggled a bit with the WR3 pick, but Moore will start for Oakland with DHB gone (another nice value pick that was scooped up). I like him with Matt Flynn too, and now Myers is gone, so more targets for Moore. 7.04 - Greg Olsen, TE, CAR - Always tend to lean towards TEs who are the #2 option or better for teams, and Olsen put up strong numbers last year with the second-most targets for the Panthers. I don't like Carolina's WR options after Steve Smith, so Olsen is a great option for a TE1. 8.13 - Matt Flynn, QB, OAK - Love this guy as a QB2, especially with Peyton Manning. Flynn will face SD and KC twice each and has good targets at WR, plus a solid back who can catch and run. Flynn is the clear starter for Oakland and I have him above Carson Palmer (will get pounded behind that AZ O-line). 9.04 - Brandon Lloyd, WR, FA - Who knows where he lands, but a solid value pick with big play upside. Wild card pick. Would have considered T. Austin if he fell. 10.13 - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Rookie - another wild card pick, but the rookie is my WR5. Didn't like other options, as E. Sanders was scooped up early (good pick), so why not take a top rookie WR who is likely a first round pick? Considered Broyles for DET, but he's likely a PUP candidate and didn't want to throw away 6 weeks. 11.04 - Seattle Defense / ST - Not in love with positional options, so took the team I feel is the clear #1 choice. Between the performance of the Seahawks on defense last year, Percy Harvin now returning kicks and facing Arizona twice a year, I like them to finish far atop the defense list. Team:QB - Peyton Manning, Matt FlynnRB - Doug Martin, Jonathan StewartWR - Victor Cruz, Antonio Brown, Denarius Moore, Brandon Lloyd, Cordarrelle PattersonTE - G. OlsenK - D - Seattle
Adding my last two selections:

12.13 - Zach Ertz,TE, Rookie - A Top-2 tight end rookie is a solid pick for a TE2, as the NFL loves TEs these days and a pass catcher like him should be snapped up in the first two rounds and start immediately.

13.04 - Isaiah Pead, RB, STL - My third RB is a guy who should get goal line looks and has a shot to start. People forget he was a 2nd round pick last year and with S-Jax gone, the door is wide open for him.

Team:QB - Peyton Manning, Matt FlynnRB - Doug Martin, Jonathan Stewart, I. PeadWR - Victor Cruz, Antonio Brown, Denarius Moore, Brandon Lloyd, Cordarrelle PattersonTE - G. Olsen, Z. ErtzK - D - Seattle

TE's take time to develop so why I would not take Ertz or Eifert in this draft. Add in good chance one of the 2 ends up in Atlanta being Gonzo's backup. Nice pickups for dynasty but not for redraft

Pead was next on my list when you took him.

TE's take time to develop so why I would not take Ertz or Eifert in this draft. Add in good chance one of the 2 ends up in Atlanta being Gonzo's backup. Nice pickups for dynasty but not for redraft

As with any rookie, it all depends where he lands. I like a TE rookie in a place like the Jets, for example. ATL does have the luxury of going after any value pick in Rd 1, so I could see him landing there - which would lower his 2013 value significantly.

Worth a TE2 pick this late IMHO. We shall see.

As with any rookie, it all depends where he lands. I like a TE rookie in a place like the Jets, for example. ATL does have the luxury of going after any value pick in Rd 1, so I could see him landing there - which would lower his 2013 value significantly.

Worth a TE2 pick this late IMHO. We shall see.
I know alot of guys talk about TE depth this year but in this league, they can dry up quickly because of 16 teams and are there really 2 good ones per team. It is why I went with Housler who has done his time and I think can break out this year. Rookie TE's unless really exceptional seem to take a little time to develop. Rudolph to me is a good comparison for both and he had 26-249-3 as a rookie. Not something I would want to rely on. I could be wrong of course and you rock it because of Ertz but I would not have waited so long on TE2 unless you have Gronk or Graham and still like getting the 2nd guy as neither is always healthy. But by waiting you took the best chance for to succeed as the rest of the players, you can quantify and it was probably not too pretty.

Actually feeling pretty good about this group.

7.16 112. FUBAR Bradford, Sam STL QB Thu Apr 4 11:41:29 a.m. ET 2013 QB22
8.01 113. FUBAR Smith, Geno FA QB ® Thu Apr 4 12:03:14 p.m. ET 2013 QB23
- If Geno starts, I like his chances to greatly exceed his draft slot. Big risk of course. Bradford was the #20 QB last year, OL got better and added JCook who I expect him to use more than the Titans did. His WRs aren't stellar, but they're a young talented group who should improve. I like the chances for these two to both be QB1 caliber in this league, which isn't great but should be okay. Easily my weakest position.

1.16 16. FUBAR McCoy, LeSean PHI RB Mon Apr 1 5:02:49 p.m. ET 2013 RB10
4.01 49. FUBAR Sproles, Darren NOS RB Tue Apr 2 5:27:20 p.m. ET 2013 RB20
9.16 144. FUBAR Leshoure, Mikel DET RB Thu Apr 4 8:35:32 p.m. ET 2013 RB38
11.16 176. FUBAR Brown, Bryce PHI RB Sat Apr 6 6:25:26 a.m. ET 2013 RB49
- Big fan of this group. Bryce is just insurance for McCoy but could score some even if McCoy stays healthy. Sproles is a stud in PPR even if he isn't a text book RB, LeShoure is the thunder in Detroit and McCoy just a stud. Don't think I'll have problems scoring from this position.

3.16 48. FUBAR Colston, Marques NOS WR Tue Apr 2 4:46:53 p.m. ET 2013 WR19
5.16 80. FUBAR Gordon, Josh CLE WR Wed Apr 3 10:28:50 a.m. ET 2013 WR32
6.01 81. FUBAR Alexander, Danario SDC WR Wed Apr 3 10:41:31 a.m. ET 2013 WR33
10.01 145. FUBAR Quick, Brian STL WR Thu Apr 4 8:51:06 p.m. ET 2013 WR56
12.01 177. FUBAR Sanu, Mohamed CIN WR Sat Apr 6 6:35:02 a.m. ET 2013 WR69
- Not bad for waiting until the end of round 3 to grab my WR1. I've said it before, but Colston is a WR1, always seems undervalued. The rest of these guys looked pretty good when they played, although two of them are injury risks. I expect Quick to be Bradford's #2 and Sanu to benefit from playing across the 2nd best WR in the game. Marv likes him and he should be the #2. I normally like to have more than one proven / safe play here, but I went upside-heavy after waiting.

2.01 17. FUBAR Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE Mon Apr 1 5:04:13 p.m. ET 2013 TE2
- What needs to be said here? Some injury concerns, and maybe the league figures him out. But with Welker leaving, Amendola could step up, but targets shouldn't decrease for Gronk at the worst.

Overall I have some injury concerns and a rookie QB who isn't Luck or RG3 is always a big risk. Still, I'm pretty happy with this group.
13.16 208. FUBAR Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def Sun Apr 7 2:02:28 p.m. ET 2013 DEF17

- One of the issues the dealt with at the ends is missing out on runs. When I last picked, there were two defenses taken, then 14 more went, leaving me with not much of an option but having to take one here. I think Dallas is the best of the group that remained, but there probably isn't much difference. Also considered about every other defense available.

14.01 209. FUBAR Moeaki, Tony KCC TE Sun Apr 7 2:02:28 p.m. ET 2013 TE30

- I hope Gronk will be alright, but there is risk that he won't be ready week 1. At this point it's just a matter of finding a player who will score enough to survive until he returns. If I need to count on him more than a few weeks, I'm likely in trouble. Moeaki is actually pretty talented, he just has his own injuries to deal with. His QB used the TE fairly regularly last year, even if that TE is quite a bit more talented. Also considered Chandler.

Finally have a few minutes to discuss where things are for me, and my thoughts so far. 1.04 - Doug Martin, RB, TB - Thought about both Ray Rice and Calvin Johnson, but wanted a stud RB1 with no threat from a handcuff / backup (pre-draft at least) and felt I could build WRs later. 2.13 - Victor Cruz, WR, NYG - The guy gets open and scores TDs, and they just lost their TE and Bradshaw, so the targets are likely to at worst stay the same and likely go up. I see Cruz hitting 80/1300/9 this year, which is a solid WR1 here. (note - saw that NYG added Myers, but still like Cruz) 3.04 - Peyton Manning, QB, DEN - Wanted a stud QB so I could wait for my second QB to pick up WR/TE/RB values as they fell in Rounds 4-8. Manning was a great value at 3.04. Also knew I could wait at 2.13 for QB as Brees was gone, so my list of 3 QBs would not be all gone. 4.13 - Jonathan Stewart, RB, CAR - This was an interesting pick for me. Normally I wait for RB2, but I saw value in Stewart (I think DeAngelo leaves / is cut, opening the door for Stewart even further) and the WRs available at 4.13 were all about even for me, so could wait around the turn. 5.04 - Antonio Brown, WR, PIT - Love grabbing a WR on a team that lacks for a good ground game (and has issues at TE too). Brown should put up very strong numbers with Big Ben. Also considered Torrey Smith, but TEs and RBs make more grabs for Flacco. Brown will get 120+ targets easy. 6.13 - Denarius Moore, WR, OAK - Struggled a bit with the WR3 pick, but Moore will start for Oakland with DHB gone (another nice value pick that was scooped up). I like him with Matt Flynn too, and now Myers is gone, so more targets for Moore. 7.04 - Greg Olsen, TE, CAR - Always tend to lean towards TEs who are the #2 option or better for teams, and Olsen put up strong numbers last year with the second-most targets for the Panthers. I don't like Carolina's WR options after Steve Smith, so Olsen is a great option for a TE1. 8.13 - Matt Flynn, QB, OAK - Love this guy as a QB2, especially with Peyton Manning. Flynn will face SD and KC twice each and has good targets at WR, plus a solid back who can catch and run. Flynn is the clear starter for Oakland and I have him above Carson Palmer (will get pounded behind that AZ O-line). 9.04 - Brandon Lloyd, WR, FA - Who knows where he lands, but a solid value pick with big play upside. Wild card pick. Would have considered T. Austin if he fell. 10.13 - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Rookie - another wild card pick, but the rookie is my WR5. Didn't like other options, as E. Sanders was scooped up early (good pick), so why not take a top rookie WR who is likely a first round pick? Considered Broyles for DET, but he's likely a PUP candidate and didn't want to throw away 6 weeks. 11.04 - Seattle Defense / ST - Not in love with positional options, so took the team I feel is the clear #1 choice. Between the performance of the Seahawks on defense last year, Percy Harvin now returning kicks and facing Arizona twice a year, I like them to finish far atop the defense list. Team:QB - Peyton Manning, Matt FlynnRB - Doug Martin, Jonathan StewartWR - Victor Cruz, Antonio Brown, Denarius Moore, Brandon Lloyd, Cordarrelle PattersonTE - G. OlsenK - D - Seattle
Adding my last two selections:

12.13 - Zach Ertz,TE, Rookie - A Top-2 tight end rookie is a solid pick for a TE2, as the NFL loves TEs these days and a pass catcher like him should be snapped up in the first two rounds and start immediately.

13.04 - Isaiah Pead, RB, STL - My third RB is a guy who should get goal line looks and has a shot to start. People forget he was a 2nd round pick last year and with S-Jax gone, the door is wide open for him.

Team:QB - Peyton Manning, Matt FlynnRB - Doug Martin, Jonathan Stewart, I. PeadWR - Victor Cruz, Antonio Brown, Denarius Moore, Brandon Lloyd, Cordarrelle PattersonTE - G. Olsen, Z. ErtzK - D - Seattle
14.13 - Jonathan Franklin, RB, Rookie - What PDSL draft would be fun without a rookie to root for come Draft weekend? I took Franklin with all the recent hype that he could even be the top RB selected in the draft. Pittsburgh? Denver? Who knows, but it'll be fun.

15.04 - Matt Bryant, PK, ATL - Just missed Gostkowski by a pick, but a good consolation prize. Atlanta will score a lot and I love a dome kicker in these.

Team:QB - Peyton Manning, Matt FlynnRB - Doug Martin, Jonathan Stewart, I. Pead, J. FranklinWR - Victor Cruz, Antonio Brown, Denarius Moore, Brandon Lloyd, Cordarrelle PattersonTE - G. Olsen, Z. ErtzK - Matt BryantD - Seattle

Pretty funny that I had Franklin as my top pick for quite a while and than changed it back to Hunter when I looked at his stats a year ago before he got injured.

5.14 Eli Manning QB NYG

4.03 Reggie Bush RB DET

7.14 Mark Ingram RB NO

2.03 Julio Jones WR ATL

8.03 Anquan Boldin WR SF

9.14 Greg Little WR CLE

1.14 Jimmy Graham TE NO

11.14 Brandon LaFell WR CAR

12.03 Tyler Eifert TE ROOKE

13.14 San Diego Chargers D/ST

14.03 New York Jets D/ST

15.14 Phil Dawson PKI SF

16.03 Mason Crosby PK GB

In the past 6 rounds I wanted to concentrate on adding some depth at WR & TE which I did with LaFell & Eifert. I know LaFell isn't a world-beater, however he is the #2 WR on the Panthers and will get plenty of playing time. LaFell had 5 games over 15+ points and 7 games of 11+ points which is good in a best ball league. I can see LaFell scoring a few weeks for me.

Since I drafted Graham in round 1 I knew I would be waiting a while to draft my next TE. I waited all the way until the 12th and landed Tyler Eifert who is considered to be the top TE in the draft. I don't need Eifert to be a world-beater this year just need him to help out on my Graham's bye week and maybe provide one or two more scores if Graham has a down week. I noticed that in one of the other PDSL's that Eifert was drafted in the 9th round so I feel real good about landing him in the 12th round.

I decided to try something different and grab a couple of defenses earlier than I normally do. I grabbed the Chargers & Jets. They are both middle of the road defenses, they are not the best or the worst so hopefully between the two I can get a decent score each week.

As with the kickers I decided to switch it up this draft and take a couple of kickers earlier than I normally would just to see how it works out for this team. I drafted Phil Dawson & Mason Crosby. Both kickers play for very good offensed that can move the ball. Both should be able to put up a lot of points for me and give my team a very good score at the kicker position each week.

My Team So Far:

5.14 Eli Manning QB NYG

4.03 Reggie Bush RB DET

7.14 Mark Ingram RB NO

2.03 Julio Jones WR ATL

8.03 Anquan Boldin WR SF

9.14 Greg Little WR CLE

1.14 Jimmy Graham TE NO

12.03 Tyler Eifert TE ROOKIE

15.14 Phil Dawson PK SF

16.03 Mason Crosby PK GB

14.03 New York Jets D/ST

Not an exciting couple rounds here, as we fill in the lesser positions or take stabs at fliers. This is where, to a degree, drafting at an end is relatively easy. We can't risk going without a kicker or defense, so I take the best one available. Could overthink this and take a WR flier or two, but zeroes at the D or K position would hurt.

15.16 240. FUBAR Redskins, Washington WAS Def Mon Apr 8 8:29:13 p.m. ET 2013 DEF 25
- More or less forced to take a D on this turn as I don't want to be left without a defense. With all the injuries the Redskins D had last year, they have to be better in 2013. As it was, they were the 19th D/ST last year, so seems like decent value here. Curious to see who takes 3 Ds.

16.01 241. FUBAR Barth, Connor TBB PK Mon Apr 8 8:43:41 p.m. ET 2013 PK16
- Like D, pretty much had to take a kicker this turn. 15 gone before me, and now the next 7 in a row were kickers, I'm glad I took one. Thought about Forbath, but didn't really want to pair a kicker and D (probably doesn't matter, but not good for a bye week), Crosby but he's inconsistent, and Bironas but just like Barth a little more.

hey for the good of the cause...can we all take a couple of minutes to clean up our inbox...

Phenix

Jeef P

etc

tia

I was going 3 D and had them pre-drafted. No one wanted to get left behind I see

Still question the James Casey as TE when he was a RB this morning in MFL

5.14 Eli Manning QB NYG

4.03 Reggie Bush RB DET

7.14 Mark Ingram RB NO

2.03 Julio Jones WR ATL

8.03 Anquan Boldin WR SF

9.14 Greg Little WR CLE

1.14 Jimmy Graham TE NO

14.03 New York Jets D/ST

15.14 Phil Dawson PKI SF

16.03 Mason Crosby PK GB

In the past 6 rounds I wanted to concentrate on adding some depth at WR & TE which I did with LaFell & Eifert. I know LaFell isn't a world-beater, however he is the #2 WR on the Panthers and will get plenty of playing time. LaFell had 5 games over 15+ points and 7 games of 11+ points which is good in a best ball league. I can see LaFell scoring a few weeks for me.

Since I drafted Graham in round 1 I knew I would be waiting a while to draft my next TE. I waited all the way until the 12th and landed Tyler Eifert who is considered to be the top TE in the draft. I don't need Eifert to be a world-beater this year just need him to help out on my Graham's bye week and maybe provide one or two more scores if Graham has a down week. I noticed that in one of the other PDSL's that Eifert was drafted in the 9th round so I feel real good about landing him in the 12th round.

I decided to try something different and grab a couple of defenses earlier than I normally do. I grabbed the Chargers & Jets. They are both middle of the road defenses, they are not the best or the worst so hopefully between the two I can get a decent score each week.

As with the kickers I decided to switch it up this draft and take a couple of kickers earlier than I normally would just to see how it works out for this team. I drafted Phil Dawson & Mason Crosby. Both kickers play for very good offensed that can move the ball. Both should be able to put up a lot of points for me and give my team a very good score at the kicker position each week.
17.14 LaMichael James RB SF

18.03 Josh Morgan WR WAS

In the final few rounds I'm going to use those last few pick to bolster some of my positions.

In the 17th round I added another RB in LaMichael James. He didn't do much in the begining of the year but he got some decent playing time near the end of the season. Hopefully he continues this trend into the 2013 NFL season. I was kind of surprised he was still available considering he went in the 7th, 9th, & 11th round in the WSL's.

I wanted to add another WR for depth and in the 18th round that player was Josh Morgan WR WAS. Josh had 7 weeks of 10+ scoring which is nice in a best ball league. He will have the opportunity to contribute a couple of scores for my team.

My Team So Far:

5.14 Eli Manning QB NYG

4.03 Reggie Bush RB DET

7.14 Mark Ingram RB NO

2.03 Julio Jones WR ATL

8.03 Anquan Boldin WR SF

9.14 Greg Little WR CLE

18.03 Josh Morgan WR WAS

1.14 Jimmy Graham TE NO

15.14 Phil Dawson PK SF

16.03 Mason Crosby PK GB

14.03 New York Jets D/ST

I was going 3 D and had them pre-drafted. No one wanted to get left behind I see

yeah, I almost took him as a TE when I saw it on my pick. Thought he might actually fall and wasn't completely sure I wanted the full Cerberus.

I had pm'd bass a few days ago asking about guys lke McCluster, Casey, etc....

he said "they will be whatever MFL lists them as, and that could change from week to week"

On the MFL site if you go to: Help > What's New? It shows the most recent update for position changes which took place on April 9th at 10:14PM.

There were a lot of position changes but most of them were on the defensive side of the ball. Matter of fact Casey was the only offensive player to get a position change in the update.

During the off-season MFL updates about once a month.

I'll be on the road tomorrow for about 8 hrs, likely when my picks come up. I've put a couple decent sized lists in, but if my predrafts somehow get exhausted, skip me and I will pick late tomorrow night as makeups.

Team Holloway close to the end

5.03 Tony Romo QB #12 Dallas

7.03 Philip Rivers QB #16 SD

In what I expect to be a continuing theme for 2013, I tried to be patient and wait to get QBs. Outside of one season (2010) when Romo missed ten games, he has finished in the top ten every year since 07 and has four seasons over 4,000 yards. He averages right around 30 passing TDs per year and has multiple targets at his disposal, Like the value of Romo at #12. As my second QB, I went with Rivers, who folks are considerably down on after his sub-par performance a year ago, and I agree it was not good. However, he does have five of seven years starting ranking in the top ten and has four seasons passing for over 4,000 yards. Rivers throws a few less TDs than Romo, but is averaging 29 for the past five seasons.

1.03 Arian Foster RB #2 Houston

2.14 Chris Johnson RB #15 Tennessee

12.14 Shonn Greene RB Tennessee

18.14 Joseph Randle Rookie

I was fortunate to have a high draft slot and in my opinion, with the lack of three down running backs today in the NFL, you have to spend that high pick on a top flight running back. I was even more fortunate that Foster fell to the third pick. Similarly, at the bottom of the second round I was expecting to go wide receiver, but was compelled to grab Johnson as my second running back when he fell. I am extremely glad to have two top running backs that are frequently targeted in the passing game at the top of my roster. Depth will be a challenge as I have waited patiently while adding players at other positions. Added the back-up to Chris Johnson for insurance and I believe that Greene has more usefulness than the Titans' back-up RBs of the past and might get some opportunities. I like the chances of Randle to land somewhere that he will have a chance to play third downs and catch some passes out of the backfield this year.
3.03 Hakeem Nicks WR #12 NYG

4.14 Dwayne Bowe WR #21 KC

8.14 Michael Floyd WR #47 Arizona

9.03 Sidney Rice WR #49 Seattle

11.03 Keenan Allen Rookie

17.03 Robert Woods Rookie

19.03 DaRick Rogers Rookie

I am not having warm and fuzzies over my wide receivers at this point in the draft. There is tremendous potential and talent, but also a lot of injury risk with this crew. Nicks has two seasons, where he finished top 12, even while missing games, but he has missed an average of two games for each of his four seasons in the league. Bowe has not had the injury issues as much as Nicks, but he has missed some games. His consistency is troublesome though. His best year was #2 in 2010, but has only managed two other seasons in the top 20. KC wanted him back and I hope that as the most talented Chief WR, he sees abundant targets and sees about 80 receptions for 1,100 yards. Floyd started slowly, but had three double digit target games from week 8 on. In those nine games, he had 37 catches for 471 yards and 1 TD. He will definitely have improved quarterback play this year. Sidney Rice is another talented wide receiver that has only had one really good year. The Seahawk’s seemed to be letting their rookie QB loose in the playoffs, so even though the team added Percy Harvin, there may be opportunities for Rice to post several big games and he will definitely see less coverage on deep routes with Harvin around. Added three rookies for depth and I think all three will have a chance to see the field this season. Whether any of them hit well is the question, but having three of that ilk perhaps leveled out the risk somewhat. Considered some of the Hankerson, J. Wright, J. Ford the last couple of picks, but decided to go with the rookie shotgun approach. Like Jeff said, it will be something to watch during the draft at the end of the month.

6.14 Jermichael Finley TE #11 GB

10.14 Brent Celek TE #23 Philadelphia

I think that I got great value at tight end. Finley is capable and the Packers kept him so he still has Aaron Rodgers throwing his way. After having 5 and 8 TDs in his best two seasons, he only has two last year and therefore fell back in the rankings. Celek seems to consistently catch around 60 passes, so we will see what happens with Kelly in town. His worse finish over the past four years was #22 last year and he missed a game and had only 1 TD. I definitely got value at TE #23.
PK - Hartley and Gostkowski - got two relatively safe place kickers on two of the most potent offenses in the league

DST - Baltimore and Philadelphia - waited a little longer on the DSTs, but there is still some talent on these two teams and the Ravens in particular seem to have a toughness about them to outproduce expectations.

I like the well-rounded talent of this team and have hopes that it can stick around a while. I still have one pick and will definitely be able to look across several positions for that final pick. Blast away at the make-up and depth. I expect some comments at least on the WR Rookie shot-gun strategy, let's talk.

4.11 Matt Stafford

6.11 Joe Flacco

Pretty happy with this combo but I did screw this up as should have waited till 7th for my 2nd QB. Stafford I think was nice value at 4.11 and I prefer him to many of the QB's drafted ahead of him. If he was not there, I might have waited till 5th/6th or if I had known what might happen than 6th/7th to grab Flacco/Cutler combo. But Drew made it a no brainer

3.6 Maurice Drew-Jones

8.11 Rashard Mendenhall

14.11 Kendal Hunter

17.6 Beanie Wells

18.11 Lavon Bell

I dont mind this Group overall. My top 2 will suffice and Beanie is the big one. Can he catch on somewhere and give me what I need. Maybe I should have taken Forsett over Bell as he was in my predraft or grabbed James to pair with Hunter. Hope Bell can score a few TD`s. Probably one of the weaker units but it usually is for me. This one might be one of my better ones

1.6 Calvin Johnson

2.11 Andre Johnson

5.6 MIke Wallace

10.11 Malcolm Floyd

12.11 Jon Baldwin

19.6 Leonard Hankerson

I think this is the best core in the league. Huge stud in Calvin and another great one in Andre. Wallace being a home run hitter should be nice in this format and picked up Floyd for a vet who could be consistent and give me 4 or 5 weeks of scoring. Really like what is going on here. Add in a starter in Baldwin and hope Hankerson can finally play with Moss gone to give me more numbers. If healthy this unit hopefully makes up for RB

7.6 Brandon Pettigrew

9.6 Dustin Keller

13.5 Rob Housler

I like this unit overall. Wish I had gone Finley or Olsen, Housler and than taken Casey at the end and taken WR over Keller in the 9th round if I could do things all over again with seeing if Flacco is there in the 7th and if not going Rivers or Cutler. But this unit will do and is still not bad with the 3 guys. I expect Housler to really break out and he is a guy I target everywhere as I perceive great value. As 3rd TE, that will do nicely here

15.6 Greg Zeurlein.

I got a good young one in a dome. I almost was going to go 3 D and only 1 PK but I will grab one in the 20th round to pair with him. With some suspect PK picks abound here, there is guys to pickup or the rookies. I will probably add one here or might go RB. Undecided.

13.6 Pittsburgh

16.11 Tampa

Happy with these 2 in the end. Nothing spectacular but they could both surprise this year. Pitt is a sack team and TB is really being aggressive again this year in FA. Revis there will make a huge difference if it happens

Overall pretty pleased with how it turned out. Would I change things. You bet when looking things over again but just what I mentioned at TE. The rest fell as I expected from the get go. Maybe not the same names as MJD and Mendenhall seemed like steals compared to other PDSL which really helped this team along but overall the philosophy was in place as it happened. Just a few players were sniped where I wish they had dropped a spot more to make my team almost perfect. Olsen in the 7th, Powell or Hill in the 12th, Ravens D in the 13th, and The extra D in the 18th.

5.14 Eli Manning QB NYG

4.03 Reggie Bush RB DET

7.14 Mark Ingram RB NO

2.03 Julio Jones WR ATL

8.03 Anquan Boldin WR SF

9.14 Greg Little WR CLE

1.14 Jimmy Graham TE NO

14.03 New York Jets D/ST

15.14 Phil Dawson PKI SF

16.03 Mason Crosby PK GB

18.03 Josh Morgan WR WAS

In the final few rounds I'm going to use those last few pick to bolster some of my positions.

In the 17th round I added another RB in LaMichael James. He didn't do much in the begining of the year but he got some decent playing time near the end of the season. Hopefully he continues this trend into the 2013 NFL season. I was kind of surprised he was still available considering he went in the 7th, 9th, & 11th round in the WSL's.

I wanted to add another WR for depth and in the 18th round that player was Josh Morgan WR WAS. Josh had 7 weeks of 10+ scoring which is nice in a best ball league. He will have the opportunity to contribute a couple of scores for my team.
19.14 Donald Brown RB IND

20.03 Nate Washinton WR TEN

In the final two rounds I was looking to add more depth to my RB & WR core. I wasn't super thrilled about what was left at the RB position so I decided to take a shot with Donald Brown. I don't think Brown will attribue much at all to this team unless he comes out playing like a beast during the preseason, but I'm not holding my breath.

I was able to land Nate Washington in round 20 which I'm happy about. I know there is a chance he could be traded or released from the Titans. However, Washington did have 2 games of 15+ points and 7 games of 10+ points. That type of production is hard to ignore in a best ball league. If he stays with the Titans or goes somewhere else I feel comfortable that he will contribute a couple of scores for this team.

My Team:

5.14 Eli Manning QB NYG

4.03 Reggie Bush RB DET

7.14 Mark Ingram RB NO

19.14 Donald Brown RB IND

2.03 Julio Jones WR ATL

8.03 Anquan Boldin WR SF

9.14 Greg Little WR CLE

18.03 Josh Morgan WR WAS

20.03 Nate Washington WR TEN

1.14 Jimmy Graham TE NO

15.14 Phil Dawson PK SF

16.03 Mason Crosby PK GB

14.03 New York Jets D/ST

I'm looking forward to hearing others thoughts on this team.

I like your team alot Krsone. Also like how long it took you to draft

QB: I love the combo and why I like waiting on QB when you get such a duo. Well done

RB: LIke my team this is your weakness. Yours is even weaker than mine which is good for me. Well need Ingram to really step up.

WR: I like my top 4 better but I do like it. Lafell and Little seemed like good picks

TE: You got a stud and than hope on Eifert. I still dont like rookie TE's as I said earlier. Housler or Casey would have fit better but when you have a stud,just hope for no injury

PK: It is very solid,. I know Crosby had down year last year but I expect him to rebound. This is solid duo

D:; Hope it works out for you as both have big holes to fill. Should do okay though

Think you should be a contender and not a team I dislike at all. See how your RB's carry you.

I like your team alot Krsone. Also like how long it took you to draft

QB: I love the combo and why I like waiting on QB when you get such a duo. Well done

RB: LIke my team this is your weakness. Yours is even weaker than mine which is good for me. Well need Ingram to really step up.

WR: I like my top 4 better but I do like it. Lafell and Little seemed like good picks

TE: You got a stud and than hope on Eifert. I still dont like rookie TE's as I said earlier. Housler or Casey would have fit better but when you have a stud,just hope for no injury

PK: It is very solid,. I know Crosby had down year last year but I expect him to rebound. This is solid duo

D:; Hope it works out for you as both have big holes to fill. Should do okay though

Think you should be a contender and not a team I dislike at all. See how your RB's carry you.
I agree on my backup TE. I actually had Housler queued up for my 11th round pick, but you took him 8 picks before me. I wasn't thrilled about any of the veterans left. The only veteran left that I would have considered was Delanie Walker. I'm not sold on James Casey yet. So I decided to go with the high upside of Eifert.

I like my team - probably a recipe for disaster.

Code:
7.09	Freeman, Josh TBB QB9.09	Locker, Jake TEN QB13.09	Kolb, Kevin BUF QBDefinitely the weak spot, but 7 weeks last year this combo beat the #1 QB - Brees(with Hasselbeck subbing in for Locker's missed weeks and Fitz in for Kolb)	1.09	Spiller, C.J. BUF RB2.08	McFadden, Darren OAK RB10.08	Michael, Christine FA RB11.09	Tate, Ben HOU RB14.08	Thomas, Daniel MIA RB	Risky - but if Spiller and McFadden can stay healthy (or Foster can't),then could be a good group.  Would be good if Daniel Thomas plays a significant role in Miami this year.3.09	Welker, Wes DEN WR5.09	Smith, Torrey BAL WR6.08	Austin, Miles DAL WR8.08	Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR19.09	Burress, Plaxico PIT WR20.08	Williams, Damian TEN WR	As a Patriot hater/Jet fan, it will be nice to root for Welker this year.Now I'm rooting for the steelers to not match E Sanders.Damian Williams is on a slew of my teams - I'm ready for him to break out.4.08	Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE18.08	Kendricks, Lance STL TE	Gonzalez went about 10 rounds earlier here than in the WSL's I'm guessing.Kendricks is another guy on a bunch of my teams.  I almost took him over the Colts Dand was happy to see him still there in the 18th.15.09	Akers, David DET PK16.08	Carpenter, Dan MIA PKAs long as they are both starting, I'm happy here - although I'd be happier with Hartley and Gostkowski.	12.08	Texans, Houston HOU Def17.09	Colts, Indianapolis IND DefLooking for another big year for JJ and the boys.  The Colts were a desperation pick - there wasn't much left at that point.

2013 teams with 2012 results

Team 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17Aaron 179.05 105.65 144.15 162.65 148.55 121.2 104.8 130.7 136.6 156.35 113.65 155.65 158.85 149.4 164.8 171.95 163Blue-Kun 135.8 144.7 171.15 136.7 138.75 114.25 137.5 101.75 121.1 144.6 100.15 112.55 139 133.65 133 121.3 112.5bro1ncos 100.1 148.4 135.3 142.55 134.25 107.45 51 116.7 106.9 114.55 137.85 109.55 126.65 107.2 107.6 109.1 138.95BroadwayG 140.15 141.9 154 154 124.5 170.95 90.2 123.25 151.45 141.85 141.8 131.6 142.65 148 155.9 139.65 138.35by_the_sea 144.1 135.2 165.45 151.6 167.35 139.45 149.75 158.4 168.3 155.55 143.75 168.15 154.7 166.1 166.45 144.25 108Crippler 139.75 131.5 179.6 121.6 86.55 115.35 117.15 109.2 93.85 151.05 139 172.85 118.55 125.9 133.3 114.35 102.1Duckboy 123 120.9 177.55 158.05 115 197.6 124.2 86.8 94.75 114.8 169.5 174.4 141.35 131.4 101.35 183.8 104.05FUBAR 123 144.8 112.25 122.05 150.95 122.85 144.15 145.55 79.8 145.85 185.3 150.45 164.5 114.55 108.45 128.5 143.4Jeff 115.85 134.35 133.1 146.7 120.55 118.85 102.5 162.55 157.25 142.05 108 108.45 98.8 175.4 124.5 136.55 123.9kardplayer 160.35 169.15 183.6 151.2 135.25 145.2 143.5 120.5 109.65 159 108 129.55 141.55 118.4 131.55 162.4 129.8krsone21 170.35 191.4 140.6 152.25 122.95 127.65 134.45 128.4 159.8 130.6 120.8 135.35 122 165.05 133.15 177.8 139.7Phenix 113.85 114.35 110.8 164.4 119.4 119.7 90.05 144.8 142.85 104.2 123.25 120.35 104.05 164.5 157.35 168.7 169.3Shadowfax 146.25 146.85 150.95 112.85 122.95 138.95 125.8 98.25 144.4 132 97.3 172.8 159.2 193.65 165.15 125.6 145.5Stephen 149.85 190.7 95.75 130.65 116.3 137.55 109.85 116.25 135.25 160.95 94.2 143.45 143.85 111.3 131.15 122 125.1Stinkin 147.15 143.85 101.35 171.25 137.95 145.7 118.7 118.3 133.7 120.1 131.2 126.95 141.6 100.05 166.85 145 140.25teamramrod 120.65 84.55 98.5 115.7 104.15 117.35 131.6 98.7 155.85 65.1 130 158.6 129.65 113.4 160.75 119.65 132.12013 with 2012 results and eliminations (through Week 13, after that, I'm not sure I understand how it all goes down)

Code:
Team	        1	2	3	4	5	6	7	8	9	10	11	12	13	14	15	16	17Aaron	        179.05	105.65	144.15	162.65	148.55	121.2	104.8	130.7	136.6	156.35	113.65	155.65	158.85	149.4	164.8	171.95	163Blue-Kun	135.8	144.7	171.15	136.7	138.75	114.25											bro1ncos	100.1																BroadwayG	140.15	141.9	154	154	124.5	170.95	90.2	123.25	151.45	141.85	141.8	131.6	142.65	148	155.9	139.65	138.35by_the_sea	144.1	135.2	165.45	151.6	167.35	139.45	149.75	158.4	168.3	155.55	143.75	168.15	154.7	166.1	166.45	144.25	108Crippler	139.75	131.5	179.6	121.6	86.55	115.35	117.15	109.2	93.85	151.05	139	172.85	118.55	125.9	133.3	114.35	102.1Duckboy	        123	120.9	177.55	158.05	115	197.6	124.2	86.8									FUBAR	        123	144.8	112.25	122.05	150.95	122.85	144.15	145.55	79.8	145.85	185.3	150.45	164.5	114.55	108.45	128.5	143.4Jeff	        115.85	134.35	133.1	146.7	120.55	118.85	102.5	162.55	157.25	142.05	108						kardplayer	160.35	169.15	183.6	151.2	135.25	145.2	143.5	120.5	109.65	159	108	129.55	141.55	118.4	131.55	162.4	129.8krsone21	170.35	191.4	140.6	152.25	122.95	127.65	134.45	128.4	159.8	130.6	120.8	135.35	122				Phenix	        113.85	114.35	110.8	164.4	119.4	119.7	90.05										Shadowfax	146.25	146.85	150.95	112.85													Stephen	        149.85	190.7	95.75														Stinkin	        147.15	143.85	101.35	171.25	137.95	145.7	118.7	118.3	133.7	120.1	131.2	126.95	141.6	100.05	166.85	145	140.25teamramrod	120.65	84.55

Overall I'm pleased with the team. Willingly took risk at certain spots and played it relatively safe elsewhere. Don't know if we'll win it (who does?) but barring catastrophe we'll contend, and if Geno or Henne break out, we should be strong.

Safe Plays

Risky Upside

Fliers

QB:

Bradford, Sam STL QB

Henne, Chad JAC QB

Smith, Geno FA QB

- Most won't consider Bradford a "safe play", but as the 22nd QB taken, he's not likely to perform under his slot. Geno is risk, while I think Henne is easily the best 20th round pick - although still a hope that he starts. Taking 3 QBs leaves somewhat of a hole elsewhere, but I think I'm pretty well covered.

RB

Brown, Bryce PHI RB

Leshoure, Mikel DET RB

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

Sproles, Darren NOS RB

- I'm classifying Leshoure as a risk, but I don't think he is all that risky. First, he's likely to outperform his slot as the 38th RB. He isn't likely to be top 15ish, but somewhere 20-35 seems about right. a decent #3. He's somewhat risky in that he's the #2 or Bell could outplay him (don't think so, in his role, but maybe). Sproles aside from not being a typical RB, is about as safe as they come, and Bryce is an insurance play for McCoy - making them both relatively safe plays as a tandem. By himself Brown would be a flier, and McCoy has some risk. I like this set.

WR

Alexander, Danario SDC WR

Colston, Marques NOS WR

Gordon, Josh CLE WR

Kerley, Jeremy NYJ WR

Quick, Brian STL WR

Sanu, Mohamed CIN WR

Toon, Nick NOS WR

- I would prefer to have 3 safe plays here, or at least two safe top plays. I think Kerley is a safe play in that he's very likely to perform as an adequate #4, with a fairly consistent 6-12 pts each game. I hope he doesn't have to count too much for me, but I think he will serve as my weekly floor. It's just nice thinking I won't score less than his 6 points any week. Colston continues to be underrated. Not the ideal #1, but he's fairly consistent, I am pretty sure I know what I'm getting with him. DA and Gordon are in the boom/bust category, hope for the best there. Quick and Sanu are almost flier types but should play a lot. Toon is a flier with the bonus of a safety net if something happens to Colston. For some reason I find between this draft and the franchise draft, I'm taking a lot of Saints.

TE

Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE

Moeaki, Tony KCC TE

- without the injury Gronk is allmost certain to be a top 4 TE, likely top 2. The injury makes him somewhat risky. I would like to have a better backup here, and would have taken a flier instead of Henne; probably Taylor Thompson. I would have taken Casey instead of Succop if I didn't already have McCoy/Brown.

PK

Barth, Connor TBB PK

Succop, Ryan KCC PK

- Kickers are never completely safe picks, but relatively speaking, these two will be fine.

DEF

Cowboys, Dallas DAL Def

Redskins, Washington WAS Def

- Don't think these two are exceptional, but they'll do just fine.

Overall, if it wasn't for Gronk's injury, I'd have balanced the risk and safety plays pretty well. That's really what I'm looking for in these drafts - don't take too much risk early, and take a couple safe picks later, and add enough risk to increase the chances of doing well. Come to think of it, that's how I pick my investments.

Users who are viewing this thread